Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rockman Reserve

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

arrrrrrrrrrk i PMed you mine alreadyyyyyyyyyyyy take me off the shame liiiiiiiiiiiiiist :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arkanomen

All he wants is a hug

food court bailiff posted:

arrrrrrrrrrk i PMed you mine alreadyyyyyyyyyyyy take me off the shame liiiiiiiiiiiiiist :(

IM SORRY!! I included yours into the draft first! Updated the list!

Manifisto

so not too long ago I got a peek at the integrated draft and it's really good, everyone who submitted something should feel good about it! but obviously there's a bunch of work to be done, we've got some solid characters and background stories but the plot arc that misty laid out has not yet been fleshed out.

I believe ark is working away at themes/characters etc. in the meantime I'm thinking of maybe taking on another chapter--I pm'ed someone who has not yet submitted their piece. if you're interested in doing likewise I encourage you to do the same!

Nathilus

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.
sorry, I'm a lil confused. Are there unassigned chapters left? They all look assigned from where I'm sitting.

Manifisto

the idea is that maybe some of the people who were assigned chapters and haven't submitted anything are no longer interested. if someone is still intending to write their chapter I absolutely wouldn't want to take it away from them, but, uh, it's been kind of a while. it would be better to have someone write the chapter than to have it remain forever unwritten.

I guess what I'm suggesting is, if you see an unfinished chapter you're interested in and really intend to follow through, consider pming the assigned author and asking them about their plans/wishes.

honestly I would much rather that all the originally assigned authors stuck with it and submitted something, the spirit of the project is collaboration. but at some point someone has to nudge things along, apparently.

Nathilus

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.
Ah, got it. I'm willing to write another, but I agree that its preferable to have more more people writing.

vanisher

I'm 3/4 of the way through chapter 3 and i'll need to edit it a bit

I should be able to wrap it up this weekend

Sig images courtesy of the talented Luvcow, Dumb Sex-Parrot, & Death Sext

blaise rascal

"Duke, Duke, Duke, Duke of Pearl...."
Eagerly following this thread.

IMO, willsauce and luvcow should submit stories they have already written in the past, but reframe them as independent Arabian Night stories. I've read stuff they have written and it is good.

ty vanisher, ty khanstant

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

blaise rascal posted:

Eagerly following this thread.

IMO, willsauce and luvcow should submit stories they have already written in the past, but reframe them as independent Arabian Night stories. I've read stuff they have written and it is good.

Willsauce should def do this, for me though i'm stumped. I wrote a bunch of potential stories for "The elephant and the small cake" but never finished any because they all got way to personal way too quick and I ended up just deleting each one. My rabbit thread was an attempt at getting some kind of framework for a story by getting help from other people to drive it forward.

I hope Ark and others can eventually put all of the submitted stories together into something but honestly it feels kind of hollow to me now that the OP of the thread has left us, hopefully for greener pastures. I apologize for failing to produce on my part of this and hope someone will take up the elephant chapter I was supposed to write and the other remaining chapters. Good luck everyone who is still involved, I would love to read it all if it ever gets finished.

Manifisto

Luvcow posted:

Willsauce should def do this, for me though i'm stumped. I wrote a bunch of potential stories for "The elephant and the small cake" but never finished any because they all got way to personal way too quick and I ended up just deleting each one. My rabbit thread was an attempt at getting some kind of framework for a story by getting help from other people to drive it forward.

I hope Ark and others can eventually put all of the submitted stories together into something but honestly it feels kind of hollow to me now that the OP of the thread has left us, hopefully for greener pastures. I apologize for failing to produce on my part of this and hope someone will take up the elephant chapter I was supposed to write and the other remaining chapters. Good luck everyone who is still involved, I would love to read it all if it ever gets finished.

I did touch base with the OP before sort of resurrecting this project and while she's otherwise occupied she's not necessarily gone, has not abandoned this project as such, may be involved in the future, is happy to see it go foward. She's just not in a position to be the shepherd.

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Manifisto posted:

I did touch base with the OP before sort of resurrecting this project and while she's otherwise occupied she's not necessarily gone, has not abandoned this project as such, may be involved in the future, is happy to see it go foward. She's just not in a position to be the shepherd.

you did better than i did then, i tried early on and got no response. I didn't mean to imply i don't want to see it finished and I'm sorry if it came off that way.

Arkanomen

All he wants is a hug
Yo Luvcow. Manfisto and I poking at the beast and keeping it alive. We got the "first draft" kinda togetherish are just trying to fill in the bits. I'm gonna have some travel time coming up so I can put more effort into it, but if it will help you I can toss the draft your way because I would love to see your hand in this but if not then that's cool too. Still plenty of chapters open if you'd like to take a different one?

Manifisto

Luvcow posted:

you did better than i did then, i tried early on and got no response. I didn't mean to imply i don't want to see it finished and I'm sorry if it came off that way.

nono that's not what I was getting at. I just didn't want people reading the thread to think that misty just up and abandoned her baby, or that by trying to move forward with it we'd be going against her wishes or whatever. I'd love to see misty posting again in general and taking over this project again in particular, and I hope that happens when she's ready.

if someone else does the elephant chapter would you consider illustrating it (just a doodle or two, not like a big thing)? that would be pretty cool.

blaise rascal

Luvcow posted:

I was actually thinking the rabbit thread would be good. You'd need to remove the cyoa text, and instead write a sentence or so in between each picture describing what happens in the narrative. The ending to that story was great, and the story fits the book's animal theme.

blaise rascal fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Feb 14, 2017

Manifisto

bump, don't want people to forget about this

I have been outlining another chapter, need to write the thing

any updates Ark?

vanisher

Thanks for the kick. I'll try and get ch3 done

Piso Mojado

bump

Manifisto

bump

bump? bump! BUMP!!!!

seriously tho I started work a little while back on another chapter, taking over luvcow's that he said he didn't plan to do. so this bump is partly a reminder to myself to get that finished.

but also . . . anyone else interested in sort of trying to get a little momentum going here?

ty nesamdoom!

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
I'll help! I'll write another chapter or help however. I was wondering what happened to this thread.

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

vanisher

I have a story written but it needs some love thanks for the reminder

Sig images courtesy of the talented Luvcow, Dumb Sex-Parrot, & Death Sext

Manifisto

okay, I have completed a first draft of The Tale of the Elephant and the Small Cake!

Splat, the following assigned chapters have not been completed, as best as I know/can remember:

9. The Cook and the Alligator’s Banquet - my wheelhouse
11. What Happened to the Moon Refugees - Takane
12. The Crab and the Thornbush - i flunked out
16. The Trials of Miriam - Absolute Lithops
18. The Treasures of the Moon People - Mr Willsauce
25. The Tale of the Humble Peacock - super mario batali

if you are interested in one of them, maybe you could PM the assigned author and sort of find out where they are and whether they are interested in having someone else take a run at it?

ty nesamdoom!

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

Manifisto posted:

okay, I have completed a first draft of The Tale of the Elephant and the Small Cake!

Splat, the following assigned chapters have not been completed, as best as I know/can remember:

if you are interested in one of them, maybe you could PM the assigned author and sort of find out where they are and whether they are interested in having someone else take a run at it?

Alright, will do.

cda

by Hand Knit

Manifisto posted:

my wheelhouse is permabanned so...

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Low hangingfruit it is! Let's delve into why the cook and the alligator's banquet have a fate with destiny, unless there are any objections?

Manifisto

bumbp, for the benefit of alnilam but also all of the rest of us

ty nesamdoom!

Fredflonston

I'll definitely write another if there is need btw.

Manifisto

Fredflonston posted:

I'll definitely write another if there is need btw.

great! yes I think some of the original volunteers aren't very likely to complete their chosen chapters at this point, there's room for anyone who wants to write one or another one

Fredflonston

Seeing as I don't think I can PM wheelhouse to ask for a status update am I to assume I can go ahead and bust out that chapter?

Manifisto

Fredflonston posted:

Seeing as I don't think I can PM wheelhouse to ask for a status update am I to assume I can go ahead and bust out that chapter?

it's been long enough that I'm just gonna say yes, do it. If wheelhouse shows up and wants to write we'll just assign them something else.

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
The Cook and the Alligator's Banquet is now done!

Manifisto

Splatmaster posted:

The Cook and the Alligator's Banquet is now done!

:peanut:

ty nesamdoom!

Rockman Reserve

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

from the depths of hades, i bump at thee!!!

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
I'm tempted to take a shot at the Tale of the Humble Peacock but I already did 2 and don't want to be greedy (plus who knows if the first two I did are worthy of the endeavor)

Manifisto

food court bailiff posted:

from the depths of hades, i bump at thee!!!

thanks . . . I think it's getting to the point where an integrated draft of the stuff that's been written so far should be circulated, unless any of the authors have an objection to the other authors seeing their work as it stands. I've got Arkanomen's integrated draft from back in February, it needs to be updated with the two new chapter and I will probably do some minor formatting.

I believe joke_explainer and vanisher had done a bunch of work but maybe not gotten things to the point where they were willing to share? it would be cool to see them and maybe even put them in the integrated draft even if they're only in "pretty good" shape. I don't think anyone expects polish at this stage.

Splatmaster posted:

I'm tempted to take a shot at the Tale of the Humble Peacock but I already did 2 and don't want to be greedy (plus who knows if the first two I did are worthy of the endeavor)

I would say go for it! I've enjoyed your stuff so far. maybe pm super mario batali and ask whether they are okay with handing it off?

ty nesamdoom!

blaise rascal

maybe I will write the treasures of the moon people. maybe I won't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manifisto

blaise rascal posted:

maybe I will write the treasures of the moon people. maybe I won't.

great! we hope you do!

update: the current integrated draft is 69 pages, nice going my dudes

:byob1::hf::byob1:

• Locked thread