Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Evil Eagle posted:

That's a lot of moments.

and they were all magical

except for the late game parts where you had to charge up your weapon forever before each attack

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

P-Mack posted:

co-oping the entirety of Secret of Mana with the kid who lived next door

This but with my brother

We played so much mario kart when it came out too

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

hitting 96 super jumps in super mario rpg and knowing I would never ever hit 100

I managed to get over 30 one time. Kind of sad because I'll probably never get that lucky on timing again.

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
the first time I played dark souls which was my first souls game and I got to quelag. blightown was when the souls gameplay finally clicked for me and also I was so confused why there was a lava spider boss in the poison level

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

My first time on arathi basin /yelling FOR MAGNI BRONZEBEARD and role playing as a dwarf general.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Wormskull posted:

My first time on arathi basin /yelling FOR MAGNI BRONZEBEARD and role playing as a dwarf general.

Awesome.

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich
When I realized none gave a gently caress about anything anyone else does in a video game and stopped talking about it.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

504 posted:

When I realized none gave a gently caress about anything anyone else does in a video game and stopped talking about it.

Watch out, we've a badass here.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Ultima Online was the first MMO I ever played and I made friends with a couple dudes on the full PVP server and we had a house together and roleplayed as hillbillies named Pappy Joe and stuff like that ..... we got some neighbor mad at us somehow and he chased us back to our house and we stood on the balcony throwing molotov cocktails at him until he left us alone ... doesn't sound that flashy but it was such a cool online multiplayer experience and drat I miss UO a lot

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

504 posted:

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

super sweet best pal posted:

I managed to get over 30 one time. Kind of sad because I'll probably never get that lucky on timing again.

yeah at 30 the game gives you a scarf to hang yourself with

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

504 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1cb1Gk1ueE

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

504 posted:

thank you for coming to the fun video game chat forum to make your first post here hating on video games

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

the cool style of gbs poster that think its extremely epic to post bad things about games in imp zone

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

municipal shrimp
Mar 30, 2011

The last level of Max Payne 3 in the airport. When the music starts playing after you enter the terminal redeems to rest of the game.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

When I first played WoW it was after years of Diablo 2 and I had tried to do some kind of avant-garde warrior-style rogue and I have such a vivid image in my head of 12-13 year old me's Night Elf standing on a hill in Redridge Mountains and me looking at the skill tree and being suddenly devastated by how much time I had wasted building my character completely wrong lmfao.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

trying to jack off posted:

the cool style of gbs poster that think its extremely epic to post bad things about games in imp zone

Hey yeah, that guy didn't even complete the compulsory poster assessment, before posting in the IZ! :argh:
(That's almost as bad as writing with a pen without getting your pen license, in primary/elementary school!)

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

dromal phrenia posted:

first time playing total annihilation, using the destro cannon on my commander to 1-shot the enemy commander and blowing both of us (and his whole base) the gently caress up

Oh, I had forgotten about TA! I played a heap of 2v2 games of that with friends - I loved playing as the Core and building a heap of Krow 'flying fortresses' (I think they were from the expansion?) and telling them to fly to the other end of the enemy base. By the time they reached the rally point and land, they've completely destroyed the enemy base and army, along with whatever semblance of our friendship remained.
After Krows were banned, myself and my friend would take out one enemy (forcing them to pull back into their ally's base), then walk our commanders into different points of the combined enemy stronghold, purely to detonate our commanders (and hopefully theirs, too) and take out huge chunks of their base, in preparation of a coordinated attack from our main armies.

So many tears were shed that day, and we haven't played TA multiplayer since :D

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Major Isoor posted:

Hey yeah, that guy didn't even complete the compulsory poster assessment, before posting in the IZ! :argh:
(That's almost as bad as writing with a pen without getting your pen license, in primary/elementary school!)

i always strictly followed the licencing scheme which means my teachers eventually took pity on my terrible hand writing and gave me a pen licence without testing me because everyone else in the year level were using pens but me

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

when i moved out of home i found a bunch of old school work from primary school and my hand writing is only marginally better now

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
I can't believe that troll is trying to derail the Major's first thread.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i nearly poo poo myself everytime i see this gif lol.

ontopic idk op, probably when my friend showed me metroid prime for the first time, he was on the bit where you first fight jet troopers at the roof of the pirate base in the snow, this was also my first exposure to a game better looking than ocarina of time and i was convinced it was the coolest thing on the drat planet. still basically holds up too

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Having my dad bring home Mario 64 on its release date, watching it, and realizing that my eyes were burning since I had forgotten to blink for several minutes.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Plebian Parasite posted:

Having my dad bring home Mario 64 on its release date, watching it, and realizing that my eyes were burning since I had forgotten to blink for several minutes.

lol

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Plebian Parasite posted:

Oh true when my dad did this but with a rented N64 from Sounds Easy Video in Oxford, Maine.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Bobnumerotres posted:

i nearly poo poo myself everytime i see this gif lol.

ontopic idk op, probably when my friend showed me metroid prime for the first time, he was on the bit where you first fight jet troopers at the roof of the pirate base in the snow, this was also my first exposure to a game better looking than ocarina of time and i was convinced it was the coolest thing on the drat planet. still basically holds up too

Ooh. In Metroid Prime: Looking up while it's raining outside and getting rain on your visor

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Plebian Parasite posted:

This was me seeing Ready 2 Rumble on the dreamcast as it was the first 3D game id seen in person

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
When I rented a Japanese dreamcast from Hollywood video to play sonic adventure early

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

• Watching my uncle play Myst as a small child and being both intrigued/terrified at the same time
  • Seeing Star Fox 64 in motion for the first time
  • Beating the first half of Pokemon Silver and realizing you can go through the entire Kanto region afterwards
  • Dark Cloud 2: nearly everything about the game was memorable at the time. There's so much stuff to do but I really loved the early game circus and town feels.
  • Persona 4: First SMT game going in blind, but specifically when Nanako got kidnapped and poo poo got real. I also remember being blown away by there being multiple endings.
  • Digital Devil Saga: Killing Demifiend
  • Red Dead Redemption: playing coop with my friend and flying horse carriages off cliffs, robbing ppl, etc. One of the few times I've ever had fun in an open world game.
  • Riding down the entire mountain in SSX3 with the radio/HUD off

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I conquered the entire British isles in ck2 with the middle aged Irish count I started with before he died. In Ironman mode.

How did you get the CBs you needed

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Beating the first half of Pokemon Silver and realizing you can go through the entire Kanto region afterwards

Oh, I had forgotten about that! (Although I had Gold, myself) This was a very happy :aaaaa: moment for me, when I realized I could go through Kanto as well as Johto. What a good game

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

In Sen's Fortress a guy invaded me, dropped 80 twin humanities around the level to bait me and then accidentally fell off of a ledge

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I never even saw him.

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
s ranking re4 mercenary with my best bud while chain smoking in the garage all summer.

punks would just show up and have parties around us for months but we just kept hammering away feverishly.

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
my mom who has never played a videogame in her life and actually discourages it telling her coworker that sixty bucks for a new game is a better value proposition than fifteen dollars for a movie ticket

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Borrowing my cousin's gameboy and pokemon blue and spending hours and hours every night on the toilet so I could pretend I was pooping in case my parents caught me up so late. Then he manufactured a story of me sticking his Yellow cartridge up my rear end,to blame me for causing the brown corrosion on the connectors, and that was the end of that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Wormskull posted:

Borrowing my cousin's gameboy and pokemon blue and spending hours and hours every night on the toilet so I could pretend I was pooping in case my parents caught me up so late. Then he manufactured a story of me sticking his Yellow cartridge up my rear end,to blame me for causing the brown corrosion on the connectors, and that was the end of that.

• Locked thread