Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Wormskull posted:

Borrowing my cousin's gameboy and pokemon blue and spending hours and hours every night on the toilet so I could pretend I was pooping in case my parents caught me up so late. Then he manufactured a story of me sticking his Yellow cartridge up my rear end,to blame me for causing the brown corrosion on the connectors, and that was the end of that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Wormskull posted:

Borrowing my cousin's gameboy and pokemon blue and spending hours and hours every night on the toilet so I could pretend I was pooping in case my parents caught me up so late. Then he manufactured a story of me sticking his Yellow cartridge up my rear end,to blame me for causing the brown corrosion on the connectors, and that was the end of that.

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

GorfZaplen posted:

In Sen's Fortress a guy invaded me, dropped 80 twin humanities around the level to bait me and then accidentally fell off of a ledge

lmao

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

Wormskull posted:

did you kick his rear end

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
playing deus ex for the first time and seeing a working mirror in the liberty island bathroom. I thought my reflection was an enemy at first.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

extremely steampunk posted:

did you kick his rear end

He was 5 years old than me and 2 feet taller.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Coolguye posted:

How did you get the CBs you needed

Marrying claims into my family...you know, the normal way of expanding as a feudal Christian.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Almost everything from playing Everquest for the first time. I was like 10 and completely overwhelmed. Usually this was "Seeing X for the first time" and shortly after "Dying in X for the first time"

Seeing the tree-city Kelethin for the first time, trying to navigate it, falling off and dying and not being able to find my corpse.

Seeing a boat for the first time, getting on it for a 20 minute travel time, getting jumped by the Ancient Cyclops and/or sharks mysteriously floating in the air, dying and not being able to find my corpse in the ocean.

Trying a character in every starting city to check them out, and exploring each until getting in over my head and dying and not being able to find my corpse.

Talking to the priest of discord, following his instructions only to find out it flags me for PVP. Getting mad that he tricked me and attacking him, only to be killed like the 500 people before me (source: he was surrounded by corpses)

First time hearing "Train to zone!" and thinking "Oh cool there are trains in this game too?" and then 200 orcs rush in and my game slows down and I die horribly.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I remember going over to a friends house to play the Rez demo on PS2 over and over again. Until today I've never owned it or seen past the first level

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

In Training posted:

I remember going over to a friends house to play the Rez demo on PS2 over and over again. Until today I've never owned it or seen past the first level

hell yeah

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Opening up the Riven disc case and looking at all the CDs for the first time.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

a new gaming memory is playing Area X for the first time. I want to play it in VR more than anything now

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Beating the entirety of House of the Dead 4 co-op on a band trip with the bassoon player.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

helping my mom beat ganon in zelda
we repeated this one for every new generation of Nintendo hardware

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

The smell of my grandma's golden Zelda 1 cartridge.

fiber
Nov 18, 2012
The SA word filter keeps getting zanier.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Please don't disrespect my gaming grandma.

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
The first time I ever managed to pull off a huge bank hack in Uplink... my god. There's nothing like the first one. Sitting there wondering if you actually just managed to steal several hundred thousand bucks, if you could have possibly gotten away with it, and then your Uplink rating goes up to Professional - that is Peak Gaming.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

klapman posted:

The first time I ever managed to pull off a huge bank hack in Uplink... my god. There's nothing like the first one. Sitting there wondering if you actually just managed to steal several hundred thousand bucks, if you could have possibly gotten away with it, and then your Uplink rating goes up to Professional - that is Peak Gaming.

Oh, hell yes! It's been years since I last played Uplink. It was so good though, the way everything was set up. Definitely very tense, in the aftermath of a bank hack, wondering if you've actually covered your tracks properly, or if you had been too slow. Such a good game - pity they canned Subversion (I think it was called) before finishing it.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Playing Rez in VR is a new incredible gaming moment for me

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Black Baby Goku posted:

Have you done area X yet? It's unreal

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yes. My headset was blaring, and you can use positional tracking which really makes it insane. It's like the most surreal experience I've ever had gaming

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
The audio... Goddamn

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It was incredible just with headphones, I can't imagine doing stuff like th stage 4 boss, all f stage 5 and Area X in a headset

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Marrying claims into my family...you know, the normal way of expanding as a feudal Christian.

you must have seriously had some dumb as rocks AIs for you to get so many claims in ~30 years

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Black Baby Goku posted:

its probably the only thing vr gaming is good for. i once got to play child of eden of a movie cinema screen which was pretty awesome

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

trying to jack off posted:

its probably the only thing vr gaming is good for. i once got to play child of eden of a movie cinema screen which was pretty awesome

Well between it and thumper I'm blown away with VR. Even playing the mafia shooting range game and picking up my gun, tossing it like ocelot and loading a magazine in really kinda blew my mind. I went from being a skeptic to a believer in one loving day.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

making a crack house in the sims where 6 people lived and the toilet was next to the stove

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I want this tshirt http://store.iam8bit.com/collections/rez-infinite/products/level01playerformshirtrezinfinite

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Coolguye posted:

you must have seriously had some dumb as rocks AIs for you to get so many claims in ~30 years

I don't remember it being that hard...I almost certainly used a papal invasion too.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

You can buy a physical version there too that looks cool

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Making Hitler in WWF Smackdown Just Bring It and repeatedly camel clutching him to death

Naganted
Jul 22, 2007

Indistinct Gibberish.
Toilet Rascal
I love my memories of really hard games that amazed me with what they pulled off-

I was instantly absorbed into Red Zone for the Genesis because holy poo poo I didn't think the creature was able to pull off some of that poo poo,...And the music was incredible.
Got the game on my birthday and then had to sit through a four hour car ride home, trying to figure out just what the hell kind of game I'd just bought, I think I played it for like 11 hours straight before snapping into reality and noticing it was dark outside and nobody was awake and I really, desperately had to piss.
Only reason I finally snapped back into reality was because I had finally gotten able to progress in the game and actually go through a few missions without my helicopter a smoking ruin with no fuel and ammo and more than 1 person of the crew actually alive.

It was kinda like a really hardcore sandbox game before those were around and the scope of it kind of amazed me.
Still really like the music, I always looked towards this game and Sub Terrania or whatever it was called when people said the Genesis's music capabilities were horrid.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqGzxUIpoPU

Space Hulk blew me completely away with their graphics when you got into combat with the Genestealers and graphics overall, and the tactics you could attempt to pull off while your whole crew is screaming about all sorts of things. I still have the 3do version and haven't forgiven myself for eventually selling both versions of the console that I had the amazing luck to get my hands on.
And I was a sucker for blood that stayed on the walls, loved that poo poo.

I had so many incredible memories of that game because it was such a hardcore game to me, when I played the Playstation version I nearly erupted into a rage and then just felt sorry for the twisted and deformed creature it was.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

P-Mack posted:

helping my mom beat ganon in zelda
we repeated this one for every new generation of Nintendo hardware

:3:

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer
Playing MW2 with my brother and cousin and playing with some kid with an annoying voice called "minutemaid" or something. Everyone gave him poo poo until he got like 5 kills in a row and some random guy goes " daaamn minutemaid used his retard strength!" and we all bust out laughing. That is my favorite cod memory to date

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Antoine Silvere posted:

Playing MW2 with my brother and cousin and playing with some kid with an annoying voice called "minutemaid" or something. Everyone gave him poo poo until he got like 5 kills in a row and some random guy goes " daaamn minutemaid used his retard strength!" and we all bust out laughing. That is my favorite cod memory to date

I was playing cod4 with a friend of mine years ago and there was these two black dudes on our team who were friends and one of them was absolutely pwning, so the other one was cheering like 'oh my gaaawd somebody stop him. somebody stop this nigga God drat' for almost the entire match and I cried laughing. you really had to be there though, the tone he was using is what made it funny

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

One time I was playing a GTAV heist online and these two black dudes who knew each other were on the chat, while we were driving to the objective they were talking about their new headsets and then they started talking about weed, and then one of them called a fast food place to get burgers and fries delivered while still on chat and gave out his home address and everything

Soral
May 30, 2009

rediscover posted:

I was playing cod4 with a friend of mine years ago and there was these two black dudes on our team who were friends and one of them was absolutely pwning, so the other one was cheering like 'oh my gaaawd somebody stop him. somebody stop this nigga God drat' for almost the entire match and I cried laughing. you really had to be there though, the tone he was using is what made it funny

lol

Pablo Gigante posted:

One time I was playing a GTAV heist online and these two black dudes who knew each other were on the chat, while we were driving to the objective they were talking about their new headsets and then they started talking about weed, and then one of them called a fast food place to get burgers and fries delivered while still on chat and gave out his home address and everything

haha

Soral
May 30, 2009

in my imagination both those stories are about the same friends

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

the 2 black gamers

• Locked thread