Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HorribleAvatar
Feb 26, 2012

We're through running form these bastards!
Hey everyone, long time lurker and Godzilla fan here. Just got back from seeing it here in SLC and I was pleasantly surprised at how many people came out to see it, I'd say the theater was about 75% full. Anyways I was initially kind of weary of the direction this would go in when the first pics and plot details were leaked, but drat did this movie impress me! I felt as though the political and satirical tones of the movie were actually just for me, not too heavy handed yet very pointed at the bloated nature of govt. bureaucracies. I also loved the way Godzilla has to essentially prime his particle beam with a jet of fire first. That part was probably my favorite part in the entire movie. I'll echo the general sentiments of those who liked here, the only real plot point that didn't do it for me was the budding of the baby Godzillas from his tail. I think it was the fact that they looked more humanoid to me than Godzilla, oh well that's something I can overlook in the next movie. Anyways this was better than G14 for me and is drat near close to my favorite Godzilla movie. Go see this movie while it's in theaters, glad I got the chance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread