Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

How Well Do I Know the Others?
Callie - We're totally best friends, always have been! We live like, five houses away, so it's natural that we both meet one day when we were outside, and she was organizing a kickball game with a bunch of other kids our age. I ended up on her team, and I totally won the game for us - still remembering the bright red ball sailing away into the sky as we cinched the victory, and for a second between her cheer and my joy, I seriously thought I'd actually managed to kick it all the way into the sun. That was a really great day.

Callie's the main reason I'm sometimes almost glad for what happened to me. See, she wants to be a hero - and when I was a kid, her power was super impressive. I mean, modifying emotions is cool, though she promised to never use it on me and I'm sure she kept her word, since that's the type of person she is. But I'm not a kid anymore. I've seen what villains can do, what real powers are like. I can punch through steel walls effortlessly - though people as well if I don't hold back - and she can kinda make you sad with enough time and favorable winds. It's no contest. She's got her dream, but she's just not cut out for it - and that's where I come in. I got turned into a freak, yeah, but I'm going to use the lovely hand I've been dealt to help her. She's just... beautiful, in every way, and if there's some good that can come out of my condition, it's making sure she doesn't get hurt, that she ends up with what she wants. Maybe even who she wants, to.

Now, uh, if I could just bring myself to hang out with her again... there's no way she's not going to act incredibly sympathetic and try to understand, and she just can't, and I don't want to face her yet. I mean, uh... I'm pretty much hosed up now, and I've also started to realize that maybe some of the feelings I have for her definitely go beyond platonic - how am I supposed to discuss that with her?!

Robin - Despite the praise I heaped on Callie, she's got her faults - namely, she's friends with this Robin jerk. Talk about self-important and stuck-up! Not long after we started hanging out together as part of teaming up (Callie invited both of us) she tried to intimidate me or something, bragging about how she can teach me to utilize my powers properly and how I'm unfocused and poo poo like that. I gave her the finger, but I seriously considered blasting her and seeing just how useful her supposed skill is against my overwhelming strength.

Seriously, I can't believe Callie's friends with her, and I'm definitely going to show her up constantly - she's not as powerful as me, as interesting as me, as cute as I was, or as good of a friend as I am.

Liam - Listen, I get it, he's Not From Round Here - but that still doesn't explain his behavior towards me. He's super friendly to everyone else on the team, even Makki (not that there's anything wrong with that, just let's be honest, she's weirder than even I am and I hate it), and yet he's super awkward and weird to me. Like, I get it, I got messed with and I've got implants and artificial organs and god only knows what else going on with my biology... but he doesn't have to make me so acutely aware of it all the time. Or follow me into the bathroom - there is NO way he didn't know that wasn't OK.

All that said, he's got nearly as many powers as Manitou and I do, which means he's a welcome addition to the team in a certain respect. He may not be as strong as I am (nobody is), but he can actually fly, which I definitely can't. Add in toughness like mine, energy blasts like mine, and weirdo shapeshifting... yeah. Now that I think about it, I can punch him next time he pervs on me and he'll probably survive it, so that gives me an idea!

Makki - I... gently caress, I hate everything. Makki's amazing - we only got to hang out on weekends, but we spent dozens of days traipsing around the wilderness between Summitview and the nearby reservation. Especially the woods - that was like, our playground, with all the trails and animals and amazing spots our mutually discovered secrets. I always thought she was really dignified, and smart, and that I was lucky she's my friend. All because I went to their convenience store once to see if it had better candy than the one on my house, and she said she thought I had a cool bike, and we struck up a friendship on the spot!

Anyways, after my accident - while I was still refusing to leave my house, and according to my parents my eyes actually went all the way to Red as I overloaded with energy and aggression and frustration and pain - I ended up hearing about something messing with the woods Makki and I used to play around in. Uhhhh, yeah, it made me FURIOUS. Whoever it was loving up Our Woods, I was going to make them pay. Departing the house in the middle of the night, I stalked my way there, managed to track down the monster, and... it was her. It was my friend. All the bad things that happened to me were child's play compared to what she looked like.

What am I supposed to do?! She makes me feel horrible, and I can't help it. Why her?! She didn't deserve anything like that, she was always so kind and cool and now she's even more messed up than I am. How am I supposed to face her? Makki makes me feel angry and guilty and sad and nostalgic and... I dunno, there's just too much, and I'm a coward - I haven't talked to her about how I feel, same as with Callie.

Relationships
Callie is your love. You’ve opened up to them about the worst parts of your past kept the details of your accident from them out of shame.

Sparrow is your rival. They tried to control you at a crucial moment.

Influence
You’re selective about who you let in. Give your love and rival Influence over you, but that’s it.

Callie and Sparrow

Team Leader
Callie

Team Name
Justice Friends

quote:

Hero Name: Bombshell
Not So Secret Identity: Holly Anna Jones
Mask: The Bull
Look: Woman, White, Calloused Hands, Casual Clothing, No Costume
Origin: Attended the Wrong Summercamp

Abilities
Impervious Body (Superhumanly Tough) - While she obviously hasn't tested it yet, Bombshell's certain she could tank a direct missile hit if she had to - she's survived bullets and knives with nary a scratch already, and with the sort of devastation she can and does cause, that she hasn't managed to hurt herself or tear a muscle testing her strength is a testament to how tough she is.
Impossible Might (Incredibly Strong) - Bombshell is STRONG. She's not an incredibly talented fighter, but that doesn't matter when one hit from her sends foes flying. She can also lift a goodly number of tons, smash through walls, leap vast distances - and can enhance her abilities via the energy she stores up.
Red Reactor (Uniquely Skilled at Fighting) - Bombshell continuously produces a powerful form of mysterious energy. While her reserves can temporarily run out or exceed her storage capacity, she can use it to enhance her other abilities, project it as blasts, or use it to recover rapidly from harm. Her favorite trick is to punch someone just as she blasts them with this energy for an easy combo attack.

Labels:
Freak: +1
Danger: +2
Savior: -1
Superior: +1
Mundane: 0

Moves
Punch Everyone
Whenever you charge into a fight without hedging your bets, you can shift your Danger up and any other Label down.

In a China Shop
When you directly engage a threat, you can cause significant collateral damage to your environment to choose an additional option, even on a miss.

The Bull’s Heart
You always have exactly one love and one rival. You can change your love or rival at any time; give the new subject of your affections or disdain Influence over you. Take +1 ongoing to any action that impresses your love or frustrates your rival.
Love:
Rival:

Defender
When you leap to defend your love or rival in battle, roll + Danger instead of + Savior to defend them.

Team Moves
When you share a triumphant celebration with someone, make them your love or rival immediately to mark potential. If they are already your love or rival, take Influence over them and mark potential.

When you share a vulnerability or weakness with someone, give them Influence and hold 2. Spend that hold to help them as if it were Team in the pool.

When our team first came together…
We defeated a dangerous enemy. Who or what was it?

Relationships
_______________ is your love. You’ve opened up to them about the worst parts of your past.
_______________ is your rival. They tried to control you at a crucial moment.

Influence
You’re selective about who you let in. Give your love and rival Influence over you, but that’s it.

Rauri fucked around with this message at 10:21 on Oct 16, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Down for Holly to have known Makkitotosimew before her transformation, if that makes sense and sounds good to you.

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Edited in Bombshell's fiction

Holly's Power Rankings
1). Herself, obviously
2). Makki
3). Liam
4). Robin
5). Callie~

Rauri fucked around with this message at 11:38 on Oct 16, 2016

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008