Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
POWERBALL

by zen death robot
Harry dipped his onion rings in the ranch dressing and looked up at his his date, who was finishing her second bottomless magical margarita.

"...So, how long have you been working in Mystical Acquisitions?" Harry asked.

As she started to drone on, his mind drifted back to Ginny. He sighed. She performed an accio charm...on my heart, he thought. His date let out a small and unattractive belch.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

POWERBALL

by zen death robot
He ordered the nachos but asked for no jalapenos.

"Oh...I thought you were the Chosen One," his date remarked.

----------------

Macnult

BD: you seem alright, i guess. definitely a lot better than "he who must not be named"

HP: haha thanks i don't think anyone could be as bad as the dark lord himself

BD: oh i was talking about my ex

devil

then they have SEX

Dads Dip Cup

Harry sighed dejectedly as he stared down at his plate of half-eaten food. He began to regret ever making a profile on plentyofwitch.com.

"How did you get your scar?" His date broke the awkward silence and took another bite of her meal.

Harry looked up once more. A mysterious disembodied hand slowly rose from underneath the table and began digging around in her nostril as she chewed and swallowed. The hand, emerging with its prize, disappeared underneath the table once more. Moments later Harry thought he felt something brush against his pant leg.

misty mountaintop

by Hand Knit
"Expecto Goodservice," Harry shouted, to no avail.

google THIS

HP: My younger son is named Albus Severus, after two Hogwarts headmasters who were--

BD: Oh right, the gay ones?

HP: Erm... Severus Snape wasn't gay.

BD: How do you know?

HP: Because he wanted to gently caress my mom.

BD: Oh... Cool.

(Harry stares at a giant framed picture of an ice cream cone on the wall behind his date, watching a drip slowly make its way down the cone. In this moment, the mirror of Erised would show him anywhere but here)

POWERBALL

by zen death robot
Lmao at everything itt so far

Gatekeeper

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
harry takes one look at the conehead wizard sundae and demands to speak to a manager

"can you believe this kind of casual bigotry in tyoodl 2016, ginny???"

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
HP: So... where did you come from again?

May Gamgee: The Shire, it's a little place you might have heard of, gotten a little bit overshadowed by you guys as of late

HP: I don't know what you mean... are you really a kid or...?

MG: No Harry I'm a loving Hobbit, we used to be a big thing with kids before you came around

HP: You look really angry, i'm not sure i get what's going on here... I thought we were meeting for a blind date and some ice cream...

Instruction Manuel

Yes, it is what it looks like!

POWERBALL posted:

His date let out a small and unattractive belch.

What the heck Harry, don't be a prude :mad:

mysterious frankie

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
*unruly baby is crying in the background*
hp: so what do you do?
date: *cupping hand to her ear* what?
*additional babies start crying*
hp: I. SAID. WHAT. DO. YOU. DO?
date: WHAT?
*new screaming babies come in from outside to join the already present babies*
hp: AS. IN. FOR. A. LIVING?
date: OH. IM. AN. OFFICE. ADMINISTRATOR. IN. THE. MINISTRY. OF. MAGIC
*mother presses screaming baby into harry's cheek. the baby vomits part of a cheese fry onto his glasses*
hp: THAT. MUST. BE. INTERESTING. WORK
date: NOT. REALLY. NO.
*screaming babies come pouring out of the restrooms in a wave*
hp: OH. OK. *looks around annoyed* JESUS, *all babies stop screaming at the same time* CAN'T THEY SHUT THESE LITTLE SHITS UP oh goddamit.

----------------
Could the universe and starts be an enlarged reflection of the atomic world?

GORDON

by Fluffdaddy

mysterious frankie posted:

*unruly baby is crying in the background*
hp: so what do you do?
date: *cupping hand to her ear* what?
*additional babies start crying*
hp: I. SAID. WHAT. DO. YOU. DO?
date: WHAT?
*new screaming babies come in from outside to join the already present babies*
hp: AS. IN. FOR. A. LIVING?
date: OH. IM. AN. OFFICE. ADMINISTRATOR. IN. THE. MINISTRY. OF. MAGIC
*mother presses screaming baby into harry's cheek. the baby vomits part of a cheese fry onto his glasses*
hp: THAT. MUST. BE. INTERESTING. WORK
date: NOT. REALLY. NO.
*screaming babies come pouring out of the restrooms in a wave*
hp: OH. OK. *looks around annoyed* JESUS, *all babies stop screaming at the same time* CAN'T THEY SHUT THESE LITTLE SHITS UP oh goddamit.

I'm picturing that cup in Bellatrix's vault that kept replicating.

----------------

google THIS

(end of the evening)

BD: HUUUUUUUUUUUAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaa

HP: Well, it was really nice meeting you.

BD: aaaaaaOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHH

HP: Yeah, I had fun too.

BD: (screeches)

HP: Um, I'm afraid not. It's nothing against you personally, you're just...really not my type. It wouldn't work out. But thanks for...

BD: (leans in for a kiss)

HP: Oh for the love of... Expecto patronum!

They Might Be

"What a peculiar circumstance" Harry thought to himself, as his date revolved in lazy circles above the table.

FactsAreUseless

"So, you are... Hormpy Porper?"

"Potter. Harry Potter."

"Hamples... Purpman?"

"Harry. Potter."

"Harpy Papples."

"Potter! Harry! Harry! Potter!"

"Hippy Papsmear."

Bert Roberge

google THIS posted:

HP: Oh for the love of... Expecto patronum!

google THIS

Date: Well, I just think Quidditch is boring and pointless. I mean, basically whoever catches the snitch wins! Everything else is just a distraction!

Harry: (stews silently, forehead veins bulging)

Im Ready for DEATH

Wow nice tip. 15 whole knuts. Maybe the server can eat dogfood in the dark tonight, Harry.

Gatekeeper

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.

lmfbo

misty mountaintop

by Hand Knit

alnilam

POWERBALL posted:

Lmao at everything itt so far

POWERBALL

by zen death robot

google THIS posted:

Date: Well, I just think Quidditch is boring and pointless. I mean, basically whoever catches the snitch wins! Everything else is just a distraction!

Harry: (stews silently, forehead veins bulging)

Im Ready for DEATH posted:

Wow nice tip. 15 whole knuts. Maybe the server can eat dogfood in the dark tonight, Harry.

Hahaha

FactsAreUseless

No. No, Harry, you can't say that. I don't care if you were raised by them. It's not your word. That's our word, Harry. That's our word. Yes, I'll pay for my own cab home, thank you. I don't need a ride.

social vegan

i have never read harry potter and i don't know what a friendly's is but here i go!

harry potter: hi I am glad you could make it

bad date: hi oh a friendly's? I thought I told you I am allergic to restaurants

harry potter: oh no, you didn't! It's okay they also have ice cream like on the sign

bad date: my dad left under the assumption that we could never make him feel as happy as ice cream do thank you harry potter for this bad date

harry potter: aw hocus pocus

mysterious frankie

date: so... you're a lot... different than in your ok cupid profile picture.

hp: you mean I'm fatter, don't you?

date: no, no! just different!

hp: *looks down, pushes contents of his Munchie Mania plate around with a loaded waffle fry* yeah, ok. whatever. that picture was from my senior year at hogwarts. things were... different then. I had friends, was into sports. I was the friggin golden boy; everybody loved me. after school, stuff didn't pan out for me the same way. turns out, after the dark lord is dead, the weapon you fashioned specifically to take him out isn't really needed anymore. turns out... *looks up*

date: *is across the room, by the fireplace. throws a handful of floo powder in* anywhere but here!

----------------

Android Blues

social vegan posted:

i have never read harry potter and i don't know what a friendly's is but here i go!

harry potter: hi I am glad you could make it

bad date: hi oh a friendly's? I thought I told you I am allergic to restaurants

harry potter: oh no, you didn't! It's okay they also have ice cream like on the sign

bad date: my dad left under the assumption that we could never make him feel as happy as ice cream do thank you harry potter for this bad date

harry potter: aw hocus pocus

google THIS

Date: HARRY DID YOU PUT YOUR NAME ON THE WAITING LIST?!

Harry: N-no, I swear I didn't!

Date: Why not?

Harry: Oh right, maybe I should have.

FactsAreUseless

During an aggressive makeout, Harry has a Dementor-related PTSD flashback and collapses.

Bert Roberge

Harry's steak was cold in the middle.

He spend two hours ranting about the 'muggles in the kitchen who didn't belong in this country.'

fuck. marry. t-rex

misty mountaintop posted:

"Expecto Goodservice," Harry shouted, to no avail.

Lol

google THIS

(later that evening)

Harry: (wiping his mouth) I don't understand. I tried but I couldn't. Why couldn't I swallow it?

Date: Yer a spitter, Harry.

Senior Management

I thought Friendly's went under and they all closed? Learn something new everyday.

:jerry:

Senior Management

'Arry Potter gazes longingly into the eyes of his date. Everything was going so well before they went to Friendly's. Their food was sub par and almost as bad as the cleaning effort put in by the staff. But he knew that he could still salvage this date with an exciting round of mini golf.

He slowly and timidly raised his hand. "Ch.. check please!"

Dads Dip Cup

Vynar posted:

I thought Friendly's went under and they all closed? Learn something new everyday.

The world seemed to slowly fade in around Harry as he snapped to his senses. He must have fallen asleep while his date was in the in the midst of reciting Nugstrom's Encyclopedia of Alchemical Reagents by memory. But now his surroundings looked entirely unfamiliar. He was supposed to be on an ice cream date, but then he suddenly remembered. The Friendly's in his town had gone out of business five years ago. A strange screeching sound brought him back to reality. On the table at which he sat was a half eaten McDonald's Happy Meal, and perched in the chair at the opposite end was a ferret, standing on its hind legs and giving Harry a visibly agitated glare.

mysterious frankie

Vynar posted:

It's still a very popular chain in the wizarding world. There's actually a Friendly's in Hogwarts' food court and it sees steady business at all operating hours (none of the HP gang ate in the food court, preferring the more luxurious dining hall, because they are\were cultural elitists). Harry taking a date to a Friendly's in his adulthood says a lot about his status in life, or that maybe he got over himself a little. Or maybe he was slumming. Did his date see this snidely cruel aspect of his personality and maybe that's what made the date go wrong? We can only weave fleeting answers from the threads of our dreams.

I think that the bigger question here is does Harry eat at Taco Bell? Has he ever eaten a Crunchwrap supreme, or maybe enjoyed a Beefy Five Layer Burrito? If he ever had 128 ounces of Baja Blast in one sitting then he would know that true magic exists in the Muggle world as well.

----------------

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
Harry burst into the Friendly's bathroom, his face red with humiliation. Ron had assured him that his blind date would be into wizards so he'd not been prepared for a muggle to turn him down, especially when he used the tried but true "dick in a hot dog bun" gag from the hit 80s movie "Bachelor Party".

Senior Management

mysterious frankie posted:

It's still a very popular chain in the wizarding world. There's actually a Friendly's in Hogwarts' food court and it sees steady business at all operating hours (none of the HP gang ate in the food court, preferring the more luxurious dining hall, because they are\were cultural elitists). Harry taking a date to a Friendly's in his adulthood says a lot about his status in life, or that maybe he got over himself a little. Or maybe he was slumming. Did his date see this snidely cruel aspect of his personality and maybe that's what made the date go wrong? We can only weave fleeting answers from the threads of our dreams.

I think that the bigger question here is does Harry eat at Taco Bell? Has he ever eaten a Crunchwrap supreme, or maybe enjoyed a Beefy Five Layer Burrito? If he ever had 128 ounces of Baja Blast in one sitting then he would know that true magic exists in the Muggle world as well.

When I went to normal (non magical) school we had at least two Taco Bells. One in the main food zone but I there was one in either the Maths or Engineering building that I never made the pilgrimage to.

loquacius

Friendly's is basically THE restaurant chain of western Massachusetts. I've lived in Eastern MA basically my whole life and I didn't realize Friendly's was still a thing at all until I drove out to Springfield to visit someone earlier this year. They're everywhere there. I'd say they're like the Dunkin Donuts of western MA but Dunkin Donuts is already the Dunkin Donuts of western MA

On that note

HP: Wow, here I am in western Massachusetts! I know physical distance is an obsolete abstraction in the wizarding world since we can just apparate wherever we need, but I've still never been to America before! Is the whole country completely empty of all life other than trees like this town is?

Obnoxious Townie Date: I dunno, ked, I've nevah been outside Wilbraham. *crushes Gansett tallboy on forehead* You guys have football ovah theah in Old England or what?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius

At this point Harry would go on and on for about ten minutes about whatever UK soccer team he likes, but there are literally fifty of them listed on Wikipedia as being based in Surrey, where Harry is from, and I can't tell which of them are important and which aren't, so I'm having trouble writing that part

let's say Staines Town FC because they have a funny name

• Locked thread