Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Did quick melee get removed? I really liked that in the first game.

Either way this poo poo is extremely radical and at first I was skeptical of the Diablo/Borderlands loot and enemy resistance mechanic but it works so well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

yeah there's a double barrel mod too, protip: it works great on the double barrel shotgun sir doom gun himself

oh and multiple projectile grenade launcher :getin:

e^^^ there's a quick swap to last melee button and as he pulls it out it counts as an attack

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Did you read that sister?
Yes, truly a shitposter's post. I read it, Rem.

BlueGrot posted:

The previous one was clunky and bad. Is this clunky and bad?

Bitch what?

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:coolspot:
Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

If you 'use' the Serious Sam machine it plays WAAAAR :rock:

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

I just realized that the music that plays inside Larry's is the music to Seppuku Station from OG Shadow Warrior.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i think i'm in love with the stick of doom

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

Johnny Joestar posted:

i think i'm in love with the stick of doom

Thought it fired way too slow for me. Will hopefully find some fun mods for it. (Also, big misstep in not allowing the dual-wielding mod I found to work for it :mad:)

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

it's slow, but i modded it for charge shot and it's a great way to soften up a big group of enemies

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

Game owns so far. I've been using mostly the katana and chainsaw/chainsword so far, everything specced to leech health so I can stay in melee pretty much forever. Also, if you're not using the turret mod on your grenade launcher you are totally missing out.

I am a little disappointed that they took out the thing where Wang would fiddle with his weapon if you tried to reload with a full magazine. :( If you're carrying a sword he swipes the blood off with a finger, which is pretty cool though.

Capn Beeb posted:

I miss this too. And the shurikens. :sigh:

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
Yeah it seems like only melee weapons kept a fiddle animation, it's a little disappointing but there's a lot more guns in this one so I guess I understand. Really wanted to spin the cylinder on The Duke, though. :sigh:

Johnny Joestar posted:

it's slow, but i modded it for charge shot and it's a great way to soften up a big group of enemies

I've been using charge shot and stacking damage radius increase on the Hauer for this same purpose, I should try using the Stick of Doom.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
There's something appealing about being able to fire 3 arrows from a bow at the same time, which also explode after embedding themselves into an enemy.

Also I noticed that like the original, the SMGs are only bad if you don't akimbo them. Having a blast using the first SMGs when I actually have the ammo for them.

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

InfinityComplex posted:

Also I noticed that like the original, the SMGs are only bad if you don't akimbo them. Having a blast using the first SMGs when I actually have the ammo for them.

Maybe it's just me but the SMGs in both this and the first Shadow Warrior feel kinda wimpy and unsatisfying to shoot compared to pretty much every other weapon. Maybe it's the really tiny muzzle flash?

The G36 you can buy from Larry is a bit better if you're looking for a chunkier automatic.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012
Master Smith sounds like the mentor from xavier: renegade angel

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

My SMG is satisfying to shoot because it's solid gold. :hellyeah:

Has anyone noticed an issue with some of the in-game cutscenes where the dialogue lines will play over each other? Like Wang will respond to something someone says before they finish saying it?

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

ninjahedgehog posted:

Maybe it's just me but the SMGs in both this and the first Shadow Warrior feel kinda wimpy and unsatisfying to shoot compared to pretty much every other weapon. Maybe it's the really tiny muzzle flash?

The G36 you can buy from Larry is a bit better if you're looking for a chunkier automatic.

Honestly I always imagine that the best SMGs are an extremely high rate of fire needle launcher in any kind of media. Probably why I'm actually okay with how wimpy they are. Also helps that I can actually see what I'm shooting at.

Edit: Also the chainsword continues to be loving amazing and I love using it in my vanish antics.

InfinityComplex fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Oct 14, 2016

Quornes
Jun 23, 2011

Capn Beeb posted:

Pretty sure its still in. Just press g to switch to your melee weapon, it auto attacks

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

ninjahedgehog posted:

I am a little disappointed that they took out the thing where Wang would fiddle with his weapon if you tried to reload with a full magazine. :( If you're carrying a sword he swipes the blood off with a finger, which is pretty cool though.

On the upside, the reload animations themselves are amazing. The pump shotgun Hauer has him juggle 3 shells into the air and catch them in the gun :)

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Zaphod42 posted:

On the upside, the reload animations themselves are amazing. The pump shotgun Hauer has him juggle 3 shells into the air and catch them in the gun :)
Are they better than in Far Cry Blood Dragon? This is important.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Samurai Sanders posted:

Are they better than in Far Cry Blood Dragon? This is important.

Sometimes - there's actually more than one reload for some guns, because sometimes Wang just slams some shells home and sometimes he does the shell-juggling trick.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
This game rules real hard.

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

Segmentation Fault posted:

Master Smith sounds like the mentor from xavier: renegade angel

lol he does, he has that native american vibe too

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I liked that they address the fact that he's blasian and it isn't to make fun of him for being black, I thought that was nice of them

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Decided to pick this up now because I've heard nothing but good things and I bought the first game for like 10 bucks and I think they deserve more of my money for that as well.

Rather disappointed that my fears of Wang's character arc from the first game not sticking ended up being true, but it does play real well.

Copper Vein
Mar 14, 2007

...and we liked it that way.
Was Zilla supposed to be on a big TV screen when the girl was on the operating table? There was just a big white square looking down at the table and the henchmne ninjas appeared to be talking to it it so I assume it was a rendering glitch.

I've also got a coupla-pixels thin border on the bottom and right sides of the screen in both fullscreen mode and borderless windowed. I've seen a lot of dodgy rendering glitches so far; so I just updated my video drivers, hope that cleans some of it up.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Cool, I found a heavy machinegun named the KING SKELETOR in Dragon Mountain. You have to do some climbing and grab it through a window.

It has enough skulls on it to satisfy any 40k fan.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

So that gun that everyone's been finding in Dragon Mountain? That's unlocked during a story mission.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
I don't think this was supposed to happen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOcOWVsZQVs

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Press [SPACE] to interface with ledge

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus
I'll stop the game and melt with ledge ♪♫♪

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

InfinityComplex posted:

So that gun that everyone's been finding in Dragon Mountain? That's unlocked during a story mission.

I didn't do any story poo poo to get it, I just jumped on some rooftops the first time I went there.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Sun Wu Kampf posted:

I didn't do any story poo poo to get it, I just jumped on some rooftops the first time I went there.

What I mean is that it's normally unlocked via story missions.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Sun Wu Kampf posted:

The room it's in opens up as part of the final mission in the first act of the story. Getting it from the window is almost certainly unintended. But it's more fun to cheap it out and nab it early because then you can run at your enemies going NYEH HEH HEH with your skeleton gun

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

it's not even like the bone gun is overpowered or anything given how the upgrade system works

also, i'm amazed at how well the systems in the game worked. i never knew i wanted arpg-style mechanics with shadow warrior combat until now.

Zagrod
Jun 26, 2005

fiyah fiyah fiyah
Clapping Larry
Did y'all find the dev room in Wang Cave?

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

Zagrod posted:

Did y'all find the dev room in Wang Cave?

Yup

Zereth posted:

Turns out that one of the doors you can't use in Wang's place is actually not solid and you can go down into the basement by walking through it.

Also...

InfinityComplex posted:

What I mean is that it's normally unlocked via story missions.

While I don't disagree with you, I have no clue why they would have it spawn early to begin with. Why not be in a chest, or given as part of a cutscene??

Nuramor
Dec 13, 2012

Most Amewsing Prinny Ever!

Morter posted:

While I don't disagree with you, I have no clue why they would have it spawn early to begin with. Why not be in a chest, or given as part of a cutscene??

So you can see it early and hope to get it soon.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

The movement in this game feels like the best god drat thing ever.

The jokes in this game are so god drat loving terrible that half of the time they are actually funny.

As soon as there is a mod replacing the music with the Doom OST it will be the best god drat thing since Doom 4.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

I think the games listed in the OP as comparison aren't giving this justice. Borderlands/Diablo should be listed even if the OP doesn't like them or something as there are drops, numbers falling out of the enemies, skills and spells, procedurally generated areas etc. Also it can be played as singleplayer as well and it's not clear.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
My favorite way to get around has become dash -> jump -> air dash -> double jump. You go crazy fast with a couple speed gems stacked up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

It's also cool that there are no penalties in swapping around gems in weapons.

• Locked thread