Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.

glocknar posted:

you know, the telanova backstory for A, B, and C just got ten times funnier in the context that they are all monsters.

Every time I think about this situation I just imagine the SNL ¿Qué hora es? skit we watched in Spanish class in high school, but with EO5 monsters instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.

i have never prayed more for death than i have throughout the entirety of "29F"

my raw footage of this loving "floor" is 2 and a half hours long

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.

Kemix posted:

*insert five TPKs here*

it was more than that

way more

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.

Update 44. I'm kinda glad to have that done with!

Also we have the second-to-last boss to vote on a party for I guess!

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.

RegalStar posted:

I will still be voting for Devastating Fighter Cecil, as well as Ghost Destroying Lanzon, and Omnimancer Kaelin. I've personally ran a Devastating Fighter on a run I had a couple of weeks ago, and this is the kind of damage you can expect from it:

The user in this case was I believe level 68 or 69, and there were no setup involved in it, because my party didn't allow the usage of either of its charge moves. All the character involved was Overexertion, other buffs I could afford to setup (I only had Armor Piercing, Moaning Ghosts and Advantageous Position at like level 6 or 7), then Giant Killer a couple of times. (For the record, Overexertion recoil happens before the attack takes place.) Hopefully this is enough to convince a few more people to give it a try.

...Uh, dang. Now I feel kind of bad for being dismissive of it. One of those cases where something is better in practice than it is on paper, I guess.

I mean, I still prefer having binds available, but...

e: Okay Giant Killer has 600% damage if you proc the HP-based damage amp. I don't know what I was thinking being dismissive of that.

Rea fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Oct 2, 2017

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.
Current results are:

quote:

Mio Love: 7
Kaelin Ruler: 4
Cecil Combo: 4
Magda: 3
Gram Falcon: 3
Raven Bringing: 3

Raven Warding: 2
Sasha Adamantine: 1
Cecil Devastating: 1
Lanzon Destroying: 1
Kaelin Six: 1

Three-way tie for the fourth and final spot!

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.
Gonna go ahead and close voting.

quote:

Mio Love: 7
Magda: 6
Gram Falcon: 6
Kaelin Ruler: 4
Raven Bringing: 4
Cecil Combo: 4

Raven Warding: 3
Jana Four: 2
Sasha Adamantine: 1
Cecil Devastating: 1
Lanzon Destroying: 1
Kaelin Six: 1

By way of asking alcharagia who she'd most want to see, the party for Lamia shall be Iseria/Cecil, Gram/Mio/Magda.

Oh by the way Iseria's going to have the Assault Wand and Cecil's going to learn Giving it Everything/Overexertion 10 and it's going to be amazing.

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.

Iseria used Heavy Strike!

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.

Blademaster_Aio posted:

It's super effective!

But anyway, wow what is that?

This is great.

Heavy Strike, the skill on the Assault Wand. I'll go into further detail in the update proper.

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.
Hello, everyone! I apologize for the dearth of updates recently, but I've been absolutely hammered with school, personal business, and EO5's US release and have not really had enough time to just sit down and write an update.

As penance, allow me to relay a bit of fanart someone off-SA drew:

This was drawn by Olivine Arc, whose Twitter can be found here: https://twitter.com/thesummerwars. Go check them out!

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.

Arcade Rabbit posted:

So has the Etrian Odyssey V: Dub vs Sub War begun yet?

There was an undub patch on day one of the full release and people were arguing on the day the demo dropped, so I can very confidently say yes.

(as someone who's spent over a year immersed in the Japanese version and a translation of it I can also confidently say the US version is a good localization and has overall good voice acting)

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.

I have been provided with another bit of fanart, also from Olivine Arc.

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.

Omobono posted:

What in Gehenna's name is an undub patch and is it as stupid as it seems?

The undub patch just replaces all of the voice files with the JP voice files. It doesn't alter the text at all.

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.

Update 45. Only two updates left before we're done.

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.

Glazius posted:

Good lord. I don't know how MP-efficient casting fist is, but it's certainly turn-efficient.

950% damage to one target for 50 TP isn't terribly efficient as far as skills go, but the Assault Wand also has stuff like the +230 ATK and the fact that Heavy Strike requires absolutely no setup working in its favor.

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.

RegalStar posted:

Common magic adds 50% buff, and the base damage seems to be around 3.6k here. Elemancers don't have the STR bonus that Divine Punishers have though, so it probably would have add about 1k-1.5k or so damage here assuming someone else have used an INT-based attack on the same turn.

Divine Punisher's STR bonus is like +8 at level 99 so it's worth less than nothing compared to a 50% buff.

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.

Blademaster_Aio posted:

By the way, did you ever fight those punching 5 stratum FOEs?

Son of a...

Bleh. I forgot.

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.
https://twitter.com/RagnarHomsar/status/926747130416439297

Only two updates left, and I've already recorded one of them.

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.

Update 46.

Also, Star Devourer writeup. There is no vote on the party for it this time.

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.

Glazius posted:

So this was an optional superboss? You could actually clear the last floor without fighting it? I'm not clear exactly what the seals are for.

Correct. You can get the postgame ending, minus one final thing, without fighting Star Devourer.

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.

The end.

Thank you very much for reading.

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.

AweStriker posted:

The first Regeneration: Rocket Engine actually looks like it's regenerating the Bomb Chamber, if the text is any indication.

Likewise, the first Regeneration: Bomb Chamber is actually the Rocket Engine... did they switch the names for the localization?

...I believe I've gotten the parts mixed up. Ugh.

I've got other things to take care of right now, but I'll go and fix that later. Hell of a goddamn downer right after finishing the thing, haha.

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.

MatteusTheCorrupt posted:

Two Etrian odyssey LPs finished during the same day.
Did you plan that?

Nope. It just kinda happened. I intended for this LP to be done back in September, but real life got in the way.

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.
I am sad to say that EO5 will unfortunately not be archived. I sent a request to baldurk and he said the offsite hosting on rhematic made it impossible, and the expectation for SSLPs is that they be hosted directly on the Archive.

That's just how it goes, I guess.

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.

Level Seven posted:

Time to rewrite each update to fit in post limits then, get on it.

I mean, you're probably kidding, but I am planning out how to convert updates to test poster things, since those can be archived. I'm just...tired today.

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.

Omobono posted:

This is probably the last Etrian game, barring maybe a third Untold. The 3ds is going to get phased out now that the Switch counts as both the home and handheld console and I don't see this series working without the main screen/map screen setup.
So long and thanks for all the maps, beautiful crazy series.

Shigeo Komori, director of every EO game besides 1 and 4, said there's one last "non-numbered" EO game coming out for the 3DS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.

Omobono posted:

unrelated: I meant to ask, where's your new avatar from?

Komi-san wa Comyushou Desu. It's a comedy manga about a high schooler who everyone admires but is extremely socially anxious and bad at communication. Whenever she's in "socially anxious" mode she makes the blank face with cartoon eyes in my avatar.

• Locked thread