Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Junpei
Oct 4, 2015

REAL TOP DOG SHIT
We Have Unlocked Woke Junpei Mode
Fuck Up Cops 2020
Beloved Forums Poster
Evolved Heightened Level Junpei
Junpei Is Not Ironic And That Is Why He Is Good

Name: Tsubaki (椿)
Class: Masurao
Portrait: 1A
Skin color: Default
Hair color: 5B
Eye color: Heterochromia, one light red and the other dark green.
Voice: Hot-Blooded.

Raised by a old master of the way of the sword, Tsubaki trained under him as his surrogate adopted son. As he was ending his training in the Demon Wolf school, he heard rumors about the Labyrinth. After he finished his training, he packed his belongings and left to change the world-enter the Labyrinth, show his swordsmanship to the world, and perhaps, learn a little something about his parents...

But really, he just likes to fight. Not to the point of sadism or bloodlust, mind you. He finds both serene calm and great joy in the rhythm of the battlefield. Breathe, slash, dodge, breathe, counter, parry... He uses the two parts of this for his different forms. If he focuses on the single blade, he becomes rather focused and fights in an almost a zen-like state. When he focuses on the many blades, he becomes more focused on the joy of it, taunting enemies, cheering allies, cracking jokes and relaxing (but letting his guard down, both figuratively and literally).

Outside of the battlefield, Tsubaki enjoys quieter pursuits like painting and poetry.... Although he usually depicts him and the party's struggles against an FOE or boss. He enjoys both of them and occasionally shows it to the guild.

Name: Libra
Class: Warlock
Portrait: 1B
Skin color: Default.
Hair color: 1B
Eye color: 5A
Voice: Intellectual

Calling Libra smart would be an understatement. Calling him powerful, not unthinkable. Calling him arrogant would be kind of mean, but also not entirely undeserving.

As the middle child of a rich-but-not-royal family, Libra was usually left alone, but that provided him with endless afternoons of reading all the books he could find. At the age of 12, he was sent away to a boarding school to study magic, and he soon found he was very skilled at it. He spent most of his time either practicing magic or reading, and he was one of the smartest people in the school. After he left, he decided he was smart enough to explore the Labyrinth (and write books about it's layout, plants, animals, features, etc.)

He mostly saves his arrogance for his enemies, however, and is very polite and courteous to his fellow guildmates. He is the one who maps the floors, notes the enemies and manages expenses. He spends a lot of his time writing a book for future adventurers about the guild (note, voting Nameless).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015

REAL TOP DOG SHIT
Fuck Up Cops 2020
Beloved Forums Poster

Question: Will you be deciding specializations when they unlock or will you tell us to decide?

Junpei fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Oct 16, 2016

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015

REAL TOP DOG SHIT
Fuck Up Cops 2020
Beloved Forums Poster

Edit: Finger slipped, sorry.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015

REAL TOP DOG SHIT
Fuck Up Cops 2020
Beloved Forums Poster

Warlock, Masurao, Fencer.

Sometimes I think that me trying to make interesting, likeable characters with flaws and goals is pointless because people will always choose the option that allows for more jokes to be made. Then I realize: Oh, wait! Everyone hates me!

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015

REAL TOP DOG SHIT
Fuck Up Cops 2020
Beloved Forums Poster

Clarste posted:

I had qualms about responding to you at all, but perhaps it would be ruder not to.

A) Yes, most people hate it when you post. That's not specifically why your suggestions weren't chosen, but I'm glad you realize it. The next step would be to identify which parts of your behavior everyone hates.

B) Neither of your characters had any flaws whatsoever. I'm not sure you realize what it even means for a character to have flaws, which is that there is something wrong with their personality that creates friction with other characters or interferes with their goals. A character who merely encounters obstacles to overcome is not flawed. Both of your suggestions were utterly flawless Gary Stu types, with impeccable combat skills yet also smart and artistic and kind to everyone who counts. At least one of them is obviously a self-insert based on the way you've described yourself in the past.

C) Yes, you're right, we prioritized characters who could be funny and stand out. This is just an LP, not a novel, so we don't have time to go deeply into the characters' backstories or motivations since ultimately they're going to be participating in a story that has nothing to do with them (ie: climbing the tree). Not to mention we're starting with 10 characters and adding even more later, so the absolute deathblow to characterization would be someone who doesn't have an immediately distinctive personality or quirk. Specifically one that will show up in party banter. Someone whose personality is defined primarily as "polite" or "friendly" is going to fade into the background no matter how many pages of backstory they have. We chose the other arrogant, hyper-intelligent Warlock precisely because he would not be incredibly boring when talking to his teammates.

Thank you for this enlightening post about myself, my characters and the way you choose. I will now proceed to lurk without posting on this thread. Bye.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015

REAL TOP DOG SHIT
Fuck Up Cops 2020
Beloved Forums Poster

I have a question about Fencer's evasion-tanking. Do they do it more EO2U Protector style (I'm going to increase everyone's evasion for this turn), or is it more Beast-style (I'm going to make the enemy attack me and I'll dodge it)?

Well, that's that promise broken, but I'll limit my self to questions and comments and general not-being-a-whiny-bitch stuff. No "But this would be so coooool" or anything like that.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015

REAL TOP DOG SHIT
Fuck Up Cops 2020
Beloved Forums Poster

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but it seems like you could have an Earthrun in a Therian class (or vice-versa) and I'd work out fine.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015

REAL TOP DOG SHIT
Fuck Up Cops 2020
Beloved Forums Poster

I'd like to think that Necromancer's TP cost for summoning is lower than a Hound or Dragoon. It would make mechanical sense.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015

REAL TOP DOG SHIT
Fuck Up Cops 2020
Beloved Forums Poster

Magda, Alexis and Jana.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015

REAL TOP DOG SHIT
Fuck Up Cops 2020
Beloved Forums Poster

blizzardvizard posted:

Magda's showing quite a bit of sass and I'm liking it. And Lanzon's like four characters in one now, that's not fair!

By the way, have a few more of these things:

Wow. Just... wow.

Is it bad that I kind of want to apologize for everyone giving Ragnar a... well, not necessarily bad party but certainly an inefficient one.

Oh, Ragnar, quick question. Like the FOE names, will you be shortening/nicknaming the different specializations?

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015

REAL TOP DOG SHIT
Fuck Up Cops 2020
Beloved Forums Poster

Clarste posted:

He was just being dumb. Should've learned Poison Bomb instead of Fire Bomb on the Necromancer, which would complement the Poison Smoke nicely.

Well, I was thinking. Yes, that is a nice compliment. But how do Poison/Fire Bomb compare to each other damage and SP cost wise? Does that change anything? Just checking.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015

REAL TOP DOG SHIT
Fuck Up Cops 2020
Beloved Forums Poster

Huh, just realized that weapons can come with unique skills. Are they useful throughout the whole game, or just during certain parts? Is it balanced?

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015

REAL TOP DOG SHIT
Fuck Up Cops 2020
Beloved Forums Poster

Props to the Owlbear for looking great while pregnant. And props to the game for including that detail.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015

REAL TOP DOG SHIT
Fuck Up Cops 2020
Beloved Forums Poster

Quick question that I'd like tested: Do disabling weapons work on the Fencer's Sylpheed or whatever it was called?

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015

REAL TOP DOG SHIT
Fuck Up Cops 2020
Beloved Forums Poster

So, just out of curiosity, which subclass for Fencer do each of you three prefer? And if you wouldn't mind, why do you like it?

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015

REAL TOP DOG SHIT
Fuck Up Cops 2020
Beloved Forums Poster

Ragnar, IF you learn Dragon Force, I HIGHLY suggest you make a reference to the band of the same name. If you feel like it. I know you like your references in your last LP (props for liking some of the stuff I like, like Steins;Gate, Zero Escape and a few others), so it's just a suggestion.

On that note: You said that you were building Alexis as a dodge-tank which probably means most of his time will be an Illusory Fencer, barring a few exceptions. Which way are you building Sasha primarily?

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015

REAL TOP DOG SHIT
Fuck Up Cops 2020
Beloved Forums Poster

Wait, so Shroud of Reality acts like Jump from FF? If so, here's another possible use for it: Dodging a big attack that would probably kill Raven. Then again, you're so good you probably wouldn't need it.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015

REAL TOP DOG SHIT
Fuck Up Cops 2020
Beloved Forums Poster

It was just a minor observation, I wasn't asking you to use it like that. You know, hypothetical "What if?" scenario.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015

REAL TOP DOG SHIT
Fuck Up Cops 2020
Beloved Forums Poster

I think I saw something you missed...

Zombie Powder for the 9999 HP ghost...
Summon a normal one, blow it up with Curse Bomb (Repeat this step until Curse lands)...
Then use Merciless Wail on the Super-Ghost! The high HP means that it can survive being hit, and the low defenses means that the enemy can take a ton of Curse damage!

Hey, if I'm wrong at the very least I've aleviated any "Kill with Curse damage" conditionals, and if I'm right it might be a valid strategy!

But it's probably bad if I know my own brain well...

Junpei fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Dec 11, 2016

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015

REAL TOP DOG SHIT
Fuck Up Cops 2020
Beloved Forums Poster

you are a genius

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015

REAL TOP DOG SHIT
Fuck Up Cops 2020
Beloved Forums Poster

Considering Four God's name, is it wierd that I think of Jana saying "Genbu, Suzaku, Byakkyo, SEIRYUU!" while she says it?

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015

REAL TOP DOG SHIT
Fuck Up Cops 2020
Beloved Forums Poster

...Have you considered becoming a professional writer? Because this is top-notch dialogue. You could write a book!

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015

REAL TOP DOG SHIT
Fuck Up Cops 2020
Beloved Forums Poster

Alcharagia, you are such a Yugioh nerd. But even though I'm not a fan of the show, you manage to make those jokes and I still laugh. That deserves some props!

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015

REAL TOP DOG SHIT
Fuck Up Cops 2020
Beloved Forums Poster

Ragnar should write a book.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015

REAL TOP DOG SHIT
Fuck Up Cops 2020
Beloved Forums Poster

Warding Raven, Wrath Mio, Gunpowder Sasha and Dosen.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015

REAL TOP DOG SHIT
Fuck Up Cops 2020
Beloved Forums Poster

But what should we name Raven and Mio's new subclasses?

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015

REAL TOP DOG SHIT
Fuck Up Cops 2020
Beloved Forums Poster

Thanks a lot, despite me being an insufferable rear end in a top hat throughout the whole thing. Ragnar, and I say this with meaning, you should absolutely write a novel or something.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015

REAL TOP DOG SHIT
Fuck Up Cops 2020
Beloved Forums Poster

Aniodia posted:

And of course I find the secret update, and end up giggling like a little schoolgirl for 5 minutes straight.
Please, tell me where it is!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015

REAL TOP DOG SHIT
Fuck Up Cops 2020
Beloved Forums Poster

Okay, that secret was pretty great.