Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aniodia
Feb 23, 2016

Literally who?

This is the third time I've had fanart done of a character I came up with, so one would think the giddy, "omg i came up with that and someone else MADE it eeeeeeeee" feeling would go away, or be toned down a bit at the very least.

Nope, still hype

Ragnar Homsar posted:

Hey! Anyone who had their characters accepted, why not add me on Steam? It's always fun having:

a) someone to bounce narrative stuff off of for second opinions

and

b) someone to babble about LP stuff to

Oh poo poo, didn't see this. To be honest, while I have a steam account, I don't think I've logged into it in a couple of years at this point. If you really want to talk to me, shoot me an email at gmail, and I'll give you my Facebook info. I tend to be on just due to work (as it's convenient to contact the boss or other coworkers), so I'd be far and away more likely to respond at any given moment. When you add me, message me too so that way I don't just snap-delete the request.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aniodia
Feb 23, 2016

Literally who?

something something voting

Adamantine Dragoon - The Wall

Combo Boxer Cestus - Beast Breaker

Death-Bringing Reaper - Edgelord (it's just too good)

Master of the Six Ways Warlock - 栄光の妙手, intended to be read as Glorious Virtuoso. I figured leaving it in Japanese would definitely be in character because OF COURSE it would be 2 characters over in English, and Heaven's (X) just doesn't feel epic enough. It doesn't hurt that I have this theme in mind either.

Spirit-Destroying Necromancer - Morbid Model's really good, too

Falcon-Accompanied Hound -

Four Heavens as One Masurao - Death Blossom

Heaven's Love Shaman - On-Deck Shipper

Aniodia
Feb 23, 2016

Literally who?

Kaelin (Master of the Six Ways) - Gotta go with my boy.
Mio (Heaven's Wrath) - Alter combos, plus a way to nullify Blackened Blaze.
Raven (Death-Warding) - Attack debuffs are pretty neat.
Iseria - Man, I wanted to go Magda because , but Alter and Chain combos just work so well together, and Smoke Herbalists just don't have any ice attacks.

Also, Normal music. I've loved the option for the FM synth for the series, but this is one of the songs where it just doesn't work. Decisive Battle - The End of the World is another, imo. Definitely an "oh, gently caress" moment as the time didn't stop counting (and Expert didn't give you a ton of turns to begin with), but the FM just can't get me pumped like electric guitars can.

Aniodia
Feb 23, 2016

Literally who?

Hot drat, we're at the end of the main story. Even with all of the translation and localization that needed to be done, somehow it seemed to go by fairly quickly. Time flies, and all that.

I hope writing stuff for Kaelin was as entertaining for you as it was for me to read, even though I'm a lazy bum and never got on Steam. To be fair, I haven't been on Steam in literal years, and don't even have it installed on my current computer, so I wasn't just avoiding you. Oh well, it was enjoyable to see where you ended up taking him (and maybe will take him in the 6th Stratum?), even without much input on my end. Oh, and all of the other characters, too, I guess.

And of course I find the secret update, and end up giggling like a little schoolgirl for 5 minutes straight.

Aniodia
Feb 23, 2016

Literally who?

freshlybaked posted:

I really like how the music for this place manages to both be eerie but have a funky beat to it as it gets along.

I'm also a fan of how it's actually pretty drat long, too, instead of the same like, minute or two the 3rd stratum's music was. You can only stand to listen to the Funeral March so many times before it's annoying. Hell, I'm even digging the FM version of the music, even moreso than the normal one tbh.

Also, I think I know why the way to the next floor not being stairs is A Thing, and if I'm right,
It's because you can only Floor Jump to stairs, right? So to progress through the stratum after you've gone back to town or something, you need to deal with this poo poo every loving time (barring shortcuts).

Oh yeah, votes. Raven, Magda, Kaelin, Gram.

Aniodia
Feb 23, 2016

Literally who?

so, Dragon Zambie. Kaelin (Elemancer), Sasha (Shield Bearer), Iseria, Dosen.

As for EOU...

Name: Katya
Class: Alchemist
Portrait: Female 1 (Coat/Pants same dark teal color as Alchemist Male 1's hair; Hair platinum blond, as Story Gunner)

The youngest of her 6 siblings, and the only daughter among them, Katya grew up being the lone girl in a boy's world. Not that it mattered much, her parents were loggers in the far north and really only dealt with other folk on supply runs. With short hair, a slight build (so what if she was a bit of a late bloomer?), and that bulky parka, Katya was often mistaken for one of her brothers until she bothered to speak up. Of course, she also had her nose in any book she could find in town, so that wasn't very often.

As she grew older, Katya started tinkering and experimenting with various parts she scrounged or bought on these infrequent trips, often disappearing into her room when the daily chores were done and not coming out until far after supper had gone cold. Being the only girl in the family (Mother not included, since she shared the master bedroom) did have it's perks, a room to herself fairly high among them, and so no one really knew what was going on until the latest scrap the boys were getting into with each other. It's as if it were yesterday...

Anatoli and Sergey, the two oldest, were trying to divide up some venison from the latest hunt, and neither could (or would) give up the choicest cuts without a scrap. Viktor and Aleksi, the twins always raring for a fight, jumped on in, dragging Gregory in as well, though the young boy wasn't really terribly interested in fighting (over food, at least).

Then Katya stepped outside, hands behind her back, a sinister, sly grin on her face.

Always one to pick on his sister whenever she tried to throw down, Viktor leapt at Katya, only to be flung backwards past the brothers' scrum. Immediately the fighting stopped, and the boys looked in awe at their twitching brother, their sister's gauntlets, and the laughing young girl.

After soundly thrashing the boys (really just to say she could at this point), Katya wore her "gauntlets of power" with her wherever she went. It was during a trip into town that Mother was approached by a spectacled gentleman, one who talked about the gauntlets her daughter had constructed on her own. It was this gentleman that mentioned the city of Etria to the south, a place where Katya's skills, intelligence and scrappiness would be of value. After considerable deliberation with the family, Katya decided to head south to Etria, see the sights of the big city, find her own way in life (and maybe send some ental back, while she's at it).

snibedi snab x--DDD

Aniodia fucked around with this message at 14:29 on Aug 2, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aniodia
Feb 23, 2016

Literally who?

Dr. Fetus posted:

Palm Alchemist was an EO2U invention. EOU doesn't have those. Its skillsets are fairly close to EO1's.

Was it?

...it was. Huh. Oh yeah, EOUChemist had the Pain Formula and Firelight and all that. Right. Whatever, backstory still works.

• Locked thread