Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RegalStar
Jul 17, 2016

Clarste posted:

I liked it. It's simple and makes you think about what you're doing. I suppose this wasn't exactly as clear as it could've been, but each swing of the pickaxe takes time, like taking a step. So you have to to care not to get cornered.

One of the bar people talked about it, so there really isn't any surprises there. In any case I'm not really fond of "no take backs until you leave the floor" gimmicks; having to restart the entire floor just because I messed up something is just not fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RegalStar
Jul 17, 2016

Also, eventually Cestus gets a weapon that grants a skill which inflicts instant death. And by "eventually" I mean "a good while into postgame".

RegalStar
Jul 17, 2016

The grasshoppers will always alternate between Vengeance Shield and Grass Shield, though I can't recall which one it uses first. Poison and Arm Bind is super-effective against these things regardless.

RegalStar
Jul 17, 2016

Sasha, Kaelin, Gram, Dosen

RegalStar
Jul 17, 2016

Cecil (Combo), Sasha (Gunpowder), Magda, Gram (Dog)

The party I used on Dryad, minus Heaven Love Shaman

RegalStar
Jul 17, 2016

Some addendum on some postgame monsters:

-Seal Octopus: Only use Binding Dance on turn 1; will just attack regularly thereafter
-Stardust: See those disable resistances? Panicking them disables Invitation to the Netherworld as well, so use that and you have a lot of time to kill them
-Doomwheel: They actually start using Revenge Revolution when any of their allies are killed, not when they're damaged.
-Trick Parrot: They can also counter physical. They have a rotation that goes like this: Counter physical elements -> Counter magical elements -> Attack.
-Asura Cicada: They only use Death Throes if you kill them with elemental attacks. Stick to pure physical attacks and they do nothing when they die (you'll be hitting 50% resistance but better kill slowly than get blown for 400 damage in the face, right?)
-Night Lady: The charge up move is not for Walpurgisnacht, but rather move that replaces the current enemy formation with other monsters. If she's alone by the end of the second turn she will be replaced by two Imps, but if there's at least one other monster at that point, she will replace all of them with a Propagating Nightmare. I'm not actually sure what prompts her to use Walpurgisnacht, because during a few of my test battles just now I did not see her go for any (maybe not having any other monsters on the field before her first turn will prompt it?)

Also, You can use the viewing crystal accessory that's in that 9F chest to see where the pudding FOEs are (on the minimap) even when they're diving. Same goes for the Phantom in 13F in that miasma.

RegalStar fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Oct 2, 2017

RegalStar
Jul 17, 2016

I will still be voting for Devastating Fighter Cecil, as well as Ghost Destroying Lanzon, and Omnimancer Kaelin. I've personally ran a Devastating Fighter on a run I had a couple of weeks ago, and this is the kind of damage you can expect from it:

The user in this case was I believe level 68 or 69 (a few levels higher than this LP's run), and there weren't much setup involved in it, because my party didn't allow the usage of either of its charge moves. All the character involved was Overexertion, other buffs I could afford to setup (I only had Armor Piercing, Moaning Ghosts and Advantageous Position at like level 6 or 7), then Giant Killer a couple of times. (For the record, Overexertion recoil happens before the attack takes place.) Hopefully this is enough to convince a few more people to give it a try.

RegalStar
Jul 17, 2016

Blademaster_Aio posted:

Ragnar, once you beat the game, do you gain access to all voice clips? Like in the untolds we had access to the voice clips and stuff.

Do we get access to voice clips and see the panic lines and stuff?

No. Only BGM is available.

RegalStar
Jul 17, 2016

Elemancer is the best class for using Heavy Strike with because Common Magic works on it. So yes, the most spellcasting-y class in the game is also the best one for dunking things by bopping them on the head. (Reserve magic also works on it and you can combine that with Dance Oracle for even more hilarity, but you'd have to charge it up for a turn with a spell that does no damage. Maybe it could be interesting in a chain party setup?)

RegalStar
Jul 17, 2016

Common magic adds 50% buff, and the base damage seems to be around 3.6k here. Elemancers don't have the STR bonus that Divine Punishers have though, so it probably would have add about 1k-1.5k or so damage here assuming someone else have used an INT-based attack on the same turn.

RegalStar
Jul 17, 2016

Blademaster_Aio posted:

I just understood a couple of major things:

Use mana guard in the first form. Use line guard in the second.

Bind head for first form. Bind legs for second.

Equip everyone with sleep resist accessories for free turns!

Eternal Lament still tries to head bind everyone even if you block sleep.

Honestly I don't really like this thing. Clear Breath is supposed to be anti-buff but that's not really a strategic element when it just randomly pulls the move out of its rear end regardless of situation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RegalStar
Jul 17, 2016

I think it should deserve a passing mention that Star Devourer will always attempt to use Full Burst when all parts and present and functional (that is, free of sleep and petrify), and you will have either disrupted the attack by sleeping/petrifying/killing any part or stunning a part BEFORE the parts prepare to co-op, have activated Aegis Shield, or have all of your characters (without instant death protection and 100% defense from Sylphscreen) dying horribly to it. It starts with all parts active and I'm sure more than one accidental game over has been earned from people planning but forgetting to use Aegis Shield on turn 1.

• Locked thread