Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
juicedup
Nov 9, 2016

You wanna get squirted?

I cried when I reached the fifth stratum in my game.
i was playing with the FM music and it reminded me how far Etrian Odyssey has come.
It's an exact mirror of lost shinjuku, except humany went foward, instead of losing their civilization, they've made a one.
also when you find a squirrel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

juicedup
Nov 9, 2016

You wanna get squirted?

Personally, I read クレイドル as clay doll, another way to say golem(VLR trivia)

juicedup
Nov 9, 2016

You wanna get squirted?

I want to domesticate calamity inviting plague and have them as pets!

Apparently the artbook notes say he was supposed to have balls hanging from his crotch, but they took it out.

juicedup
Nov 9, 2016

You wanna get squirted?

Clarste posted:

No, it says that they do have giant balls hanging down there, and encourages you to confirm it for yourself.

It's also labeled as Xenolion.

Xenolion is the pallete swap version that I cropped out because I assumed it would be a spoiler. Do you encounter them later?
Also I thought it said the balls were removed because it said NGも無く通りました。doesn't NG mean "no good"?

juicedup
Nov 9, 2016

You wanna get squirted?

That's from the artbook that came with the special edition, yes.
I ripped it up and scanned it. The first couple of pages are shoddy, because I didn't know what I was doing. Unbinding it was a huge pain. Physically and emotionally.
There are tons of cut content that I wish we got. I wish I could translate it all for everyone but my Japanese isn't very good.
Here's a link to the imgur album. https://imgur.com/a/PJOEa
Feel free to use it, with due credit

juicedup
Nov 9, 2016

You wanna get squirted?

Who carries the coffins?

juicedup
Nov 9, 2016

You wanna get squirted?

I REALLY liked the part when Archon asks for your party's names, and how she repeats them one by one.
My party all had customized second names aswell which I forgot about when I got to that point.
Seeing them all spelled out was magical. Like the game developers are smiling at the story and characters you've created by yourself.
It's like they know why we like these games and they share the same feelings..
In that regard EOV really felt like a send off, and it brings a tear to my eye.

juicedup
Nov 9, 2016

You wanna get squirted?

Jana 4 swords, raven death warding, mio heaven, dosen
FM

juicedup
Nov 9, 2016

You wanna get squirted?

I love the rewards that Archon gives you for beating the boss.
She's like "There. Happy now?"

juicedup
Nov 9, 2016

You wanna get squirted?

Jade Rider posted:

Just finished reading the thread, kinda sad I didn't get in earlier for character submissions and all that. Can't wait for the postgame stratum and bosses and all that craziness.

I was too focused on playing my own EOV
These games suck the time out of me, even though I think I'm playing smart.
For me it's like two housr per floor on expert mode. And then I played it again with another guild. Then I found the thread.

juicedup
Nov 9, 2016

You wanna get squirted?

Aniodia posted:

I'm also a fan of how it's actually pretty drat long, too, instead of the same like, minute or two the 3rd stratum's music was. You can only stand to listen to the Funeral March so many times before it's annoying. Hell, I'm even digging the FM version of the music, even moreso than the normal one tbh.

Also, I think I know why the way to the next floor not being stairs is A Thing, and if I'm right,
It's because you can only Floor Jump to stairs, right? So to progress through the stratum after you've gone back to town or something, you need to deal with this poo poo every loving time (barring shortcuts).

Oh yeah, votes. Raven, Magda, Kaelin, Gram.

You can still floor jump at the start but this stratum actually introduces so many TWISTS AND TURNS that make your head spin when you play it
It's definitely my favorite sixth stratum.
Although I've only attempted 3s until vampire trees made me give up

juicedup
Nov 9, 2016

You wanna get squirted?

I think the king press move is there just to scare you when you first fight him.

juicedup
Nov 9, 2016

You wanna get squirted?

Good to see Atlus crossing over with Splatoon!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

juicedup
Nov 9, 2016

You wanna get squirted?

The artbook says star devourer was designed based on the "star child skull"

• Locked thread