Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

Raven (death bringing), Madga, Cecil (binds), Kaelin (six ways)

Also we are in space! Space!

Spaaaaaaaace! Finally!

This is great!

And the 6th stratum is a whole lot of cheap and nasty, like always.

Also I thought Raven's default speciality was death bringing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

Name: Ein
Class: Hexer (portrait 3)

Ein was born in a family of hexers who decided on the day of his birth that he will take over the family business. Of course, this meant he actually spent a good deal of time hexing various things in order to earn a living. This earned his family plenty of animosity. Secretly Ein wanted to make a lot of friends and be super popular - but his upbringing meant his social skills weren't so hot. For starters, his taste in gifts is creepy (he thinks voodoo dolls and cursing implements are acceptable gifts), his compliments sound like insults (the more repulsive something looks, the more beautiful Ein thinks it is, and his "compliments" and comparisons reflect that) and of course his job was widely hated by every other person.

So when the Rhada announced the exploration of Yggdrasil, he jumped at the chance. He would leave his old job for this new one every other guy was doing, become a hero by exploring Yggdrasil and be super popular. Unfortunately, he never really fixed his personality and mannerisms, so normal ordinary people still find him creepy and rude. Ein still doesn't know why people get angry when he says they're as beautiful as an insect / monster / F.O.E, so it looks like the road to friendship will be a long and rocky one.

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

Also, no dragons, at all? No dragon trio?

We had a suspiciously similar plant woman type enemy right now.

Actually I do remember someone saying that the entire codex was new, but it just didn't occur to me that there isn't any dragon trio.

We have squirrels I guess.

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

For Oliphant I vote for Iseria, Raven (death bringing), Lanzon (destroying), Kaelin (six ways)

For zombie I vote for Kaelin (elements), and Ragnar choice x3 because I can't chose.

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

That zombie boss is... uh, interesting. And really cheap. Really cheap.

Bosses who capitalise on curse are pretty awful and then there's this guy.

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

Ragnar Homsar posted:

Yep, that's why Fire Breath has such low damage. I probably could've made that a lot more clear, but oh well.

Will Iseria chase combustion as well? And will her chains trigger combustion too?

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

Since you haven't made the hexer selection yet, can I edit my entry? Just a little.

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

Okay I edited it a little

Name: Ein
Class: Hexer (portrait 3)

Ein was born in a family of hexers who decided on the day of his birth that he will take over the family business. Of course, this meant he actually spent a good deal of time hexing various things in order to earn a living. This earned his family plenty of animosity. Secretly Ein wanted to make a lot of friends and be super popular - but his upbringing meant his social skills weren't so hot. For starters, his taste in gifts is creepy (he thinks voodoo dolls and cursing implements are acceptable gifts), his compliments sound like insults (the more repulsive something looks, the more beautiful Ein thinks it is, and his "compliments" and comparisons reflect that) and of course his job was widely hated by every other person.

Ein's manners are actually very polite - mainly because someone in his family thought bringing misfortune to others while being polite and soft spoken about it would be funny. Others however grew angry with people treating them like villains for doing their dirty work, and insisted that they talk like the thugs and villains written in fiction... which resulted in Ein mostly talking politely, but occasionally slipping into comic book villain speach or delinquent speak. But of course, he would never raise his voice, even if he was telling someone to "get bent" or cackling like an evil overlord.

But Ein did realise his family's way of doing things was never going to land him any friends and he actually didn't want to be alone forever, so he "studied" how to make friends. You know, paying people compliments (which mostly offended them), getting them presents (which were creepy), and acting like a decent, nice person (offering discounts on making people miserable?) who helped you out when needed them (which meant cursing away the problem and that usually created more problems instead of ending them).

So when the Rhada announced the exploration of Yggdrasil, he jumped at the chance. He would leave his old job for this new one every other guy was doing, become a hero by exploring Yggdrasil and be super popular.

Also, he would get away from that family of his. He doesn't mind cursing people, but he would rather decide his future himself, preferably one in which he isn't gunned down by the angry witch hunting mob. Maybe he can be a housekeeper. Ein can actually cook, clean, bake, sew etc really well, because everyone in his family knows how. They refer to them as "basic life skills". And his taste in food is actually normal. He doesn't normally experiment with his food, unless egged on by someone.

Unfortunately, he never really fixed his personality and mannerisms, so normal ordinary people still find him creepy and rude. Ein still doesn't know why people get angry when he says they're as beautiful as an insect / monster / F.O.E, or why they act so horrifed when he offers to petrify the source of their problems, so it looks like the road to friendship will be a long and rocky one.

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

What a glorious update it was.

Crushing bosses in EO will never ever get old.

Also, a lot of the skills in this game look a lot of fun to use.

The characters just make it so much better!

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

I don't remember if I've said this, but thank you for making this LP!

Especially the class writeups.

Seeing a version of EO5 I could understand really helped with the wait.

So thanks. I'm happy the LP exists.

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

Uh, at least you made it to 30F?

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

Voting for Deathbringing Raven, love!Mio, and Bind!Cecil

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

Go! Go!

Violence is always the solution.

Video game logic.

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

Ragnar Homsar posted:

Iseria used Heavy Strike!

It's super effective!

But anyway, wow what is that?

This is great.

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

Now that EOV release date is close, I am seriously curious to people's reactions to that demon lady event in the 3rd stratum.

You know, the one that is completely different if you have a Celestrian with the sense mana skill I think? It's some Celestrian exclusive skill.

People are gonna run different parties and not all of them are gonna have a celes with the needed skill.

I can't wait.

Edit: Also, I posted here because I didn't want to spoil anything in the master thread. I'll just let people post their experiences of meeting evil ghost lady.

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

Egar suggesting Stabdaddy as a legendary title was something.

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

The picture speaks the truth.

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

Ragnar, once you beat the game, do you gain access to all voice clips? Like in the untolds we had access to the voice clips and stuff.

Do we get access to voice clips and see the panic lines and stuff?

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

RegalStar posted:

No. Only BGM is available.

I am sad

I'll never get to hear all the panicked lines

Also, the bats in the 4th stratum are a pain but I don't want to sacrifice my accessories for resist sleep.

Decisions.

Oh, and good job on that boss fight, Ragnar.

Blademaster_Aio fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Oct 24, 2017

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

Does the elemancer do more than 8000 damage in one hit?

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

So basically you take a Therian from your guild, make them an elemancer, and give them common magic maxed, so they can bash things with the assault wand, right.

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

By the way, did you ever fight those punching 5 stratum FOEs?

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

Ragnar Homsar posted:

Son of a...

Bleh. I forgot.

Well I kind of use your fights and analysis as a demo before I fight my own so I was looking for it.

It's a bit different from just reading the lp.

Well you're over levelled now but eh.

I used the faq instead to find the best party.

Anyway, I'm sure I said this before, but thanks for this lp. It helped a lot. Reading opinions on monsters is always helpful.

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

I just understood a couple of major things:

Use mana guard in the first form. Use line guard in the second.

Bind head for first form. Bind legs for second.

Equip everyone with sleep resist accessories for free turns!

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

Head binds are only annoying, sleep is run ending.

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

I've seen so many fights involving this guy.

The one using lure was especially notable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

The ennnnnd!

Mission accomplished!

• Locked thread