Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SENTIENT HOUSEMEAT
Oct 14, 2016

A thinking, breathing house? You're mad!
Ever since the arrival of "Eric" our fan-fiction society had begun the inexorable slide towards inevitable destruction. After the events of last night I became so powerfully angry that I ended up sleeping on my neighbour's driveway. I woke up underneath his car, yet another data point in my developing theory that my neighbour, who works the night shifts, is parking his car on top of me when I sleep there. I sleep outside during these potent rages because I am concerned that my treasured posessions would not survive the full force of my fury, not even my collection of editions of the seminal Objectivist text "The Fountainhead", which are ordered by publication date and at this point certainly worth a vast sum of money should I ever choose to sell them which I never would because of how important they are to me.

The latest consignment of ignorant bile that emanated from what "Eric" is pleased to call his mind was over my Captain America/House crossover fic which I continue to maintain recontextualises both works to such an insightful extent that it could heal the divisions in our great nation if only the ignorant peons that comprise the majority of the populace would open their minds long enough to see it. The preening ignoramus made a number of unwelcome and incorrect observations regarding a key character in my work, who helps Dr. Gregory House lead Steve Rogers to the inevitable conclusion that Anarcho-Capitalism is the only correct way for a nation to function. "Eric" insisted that this character represented a "blatant self-insert", purely because they simply happen to have the same hair and eye colour as me as well as sharing my beliefs and stylish dress sense.

I suppose that I should not allow myself to be surprised by the capriciousness of inferior minds, but it continues to baffle me that my fellows afford this "Eric" with any measure whatsoever of attention and respect. This is a man who will freely admit without any trace of shame to enjoying the show "The Big Bang Theory" which is deeply offensive in the way that it stereotypes nerds and nerd culture, which if you look at it objectively is absolutely the most oppressed group in the world. That show is basically blackface but for nerds and if these SJWs really cared about so-called "cultural appropriation" they would be up in arms about this shameful nonsense but they are not, which tells you all you need to know, really. He also once made a joke the punchline of which was a reference to the "Large HARD-ON Collider" which I did not appreciate because the project at CERN has become very personally meaningful to me ever since I read an article about the Higgs Boson on Forbes dot com, a site I no longer frequent due to their policy on ad blockers.

Sometimes at night when the panic attacks threaten to overwhelm it helps to rest my naked body against the cool enamel of my empty bath.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Welcome to the SA Forums!

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
This was funny, I wish I could write funny stuff like that. At this point I'm barely literate enough to compose emails to my colleagues.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

A good name and a good post

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

SENTIENT HOUSEMEAT posted:

Ever since the arrival of "Eric" our fan-fiction society had begun the inexorable slide towards inevitable destruction. After the events of last night I became so powerfully angry that I ended up sleeping on my neighbour's driveway. I woke up underneath his car, yet another data point in my developing theory that my neighbour, who works the night shifts, is parking his car on top of me when I sleep there. I sleep outside during these potent rages because I am concerned that my treasured posessions would not survive the full force of my fury, not even my collection of editions of the seminal Objectivist text "The Fountainhead", which are ordered by publication date and at this point certainly worth a vast sum of money should I ever choose to sell them which I never would because of how important they are to me.

The latest consignment of ignorant bile that emanated from what "Eric" is pleased to call his mind was over my Captain America/House crossover fic which I continue to maintain recontextualises both works to such an insightful extent that it could heal the divisions in our great nation if only the ignorant peons that comprise the majority of the populace would open their minds long enough to see it. The preening ignoramus made a number of unwelcome and incorrect observations regarding a key character in my work, who helps Dr. Gregory House lead Steve Rogers to the inevitable conclusion that Anarcho-Capitalism is the only correct way for a nation to function. "Eric" insisted that this character represented a "blatant self-insert", purely because they simply happen to have the same hair and eye colour as me as well as sharing my beliefs and stylish dress sense.

I suppose that I should not allow myself to be surprised by the capriciousness of inferior minds, but it continues to baffle me that my fellows afford this "Eric" with any measure whatsoever of attention and respect. This is a man who will freely admit without any trace of shame to enjoying the show "The Big Bang Theory" which is deeply offensive in the way that it stereotypes nerds and nerd culture, which if you look at it objectively is absolutely the most oppressed group in the world. That show is basically blackface but for nerds and if these SJWs really cared about so-called "cultural appropriation" they would be up in arms about this shameful nonsense but they are not, which tells you all you need to know, really. He also once made a joke the punchline of which was a reference to the "Large HARD-ON Collider" which I did not appreciate because the project at CERN has become very personally meaningful to me ever since I read an article about the Higgs Boson on Forbes dot com, a site I no longer frequent due to their policy on ad blockers.

Sometimes at night when the panic attacks threaten to overwhelm it helps to rest my naked body against the cool enamel of my empty bath.

Loden Taylor
Aug 11, 2003

Nothing more to say, really.

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO
At least John Galt is developing Alzheimers now

MageMage
Feb 11, 2007

I SUCK AND LOVE TO YELL PERFORMATIVE HOT TAKES AND NONSENSE LIES WHEN I GET WORKED UP. SOMETIMES AUTOBANNED IS BETTER. MAYBE ONE DAY WHEN I STORM OFF I'LL ACTUALLY STOP SHITTING UP THE SITE FOR REAL
I like social justice

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Op do you have any tips on creative writing and expanding one's vocabulary?

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I voted 5 op

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

SirEvelynTremble posted:

At least John Galt is developing Alzheimers now

:golfclap: 5

SENTIENT HOUSEMEAT
Oct 14, 2016

Creative writing is both an art and a science much like the work of entrepreneur Elon Musk whose Myers-Briggs score is INTJ much like my own which has lead me to form a very personal attachment to both his work in electric cars but also his pioneering achievements in getting humanity to Mars, where I intend to live my final years, which will of course be final because there is no such thing as heaven.

The fact that I keep the curtains shut on certain days has nothing to do with any kind of "being unable to cope", I simply dislike the glare on my dual monitors and I coincidentally prefer it when it is harder to see the contents of the mirror.

poopnanners
May 3, 2016

hey guys lets party
Ignatius Reilly: millenial edition

HAmbONE
May 11, 2004

I know where the XBox is!!
Smellrose
Once upon a time, a great wise man known only as Hambone, set out out to write the greatest story ever told. Then he went on the internet and did nothing.

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
thanks I needed this

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
You should get a third monitor to go above the other two its a "pro" gaming rig strat

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011
i'm pretty sure that if you actually called out a self-insert at a fanfiction society then every single member would start cutting themselves up and running around in circles screaming in mortal terror

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO

The fact that I keep the curtains shut on certain days has nothing to do with any kind of "being unable to cope", I simply dislike the glare on my dual monitors and I coincidentally prefer it when it is harder to see the contents of the mirror.

yeah those mirror nerds can be sneaky lil bastards

SENTIENT HOUSEMEAT
Oct 14, 2016

The second insult came in as many days. I am not a fellow to anger easily, in fact I am a chill sort of guy but when I am riled up I am a force to be reckoned with. So powerful is the extent of my anger that in heated situations, such as when I am repeatedly mocked, often I am forced to leave the room to spare those present from my rage and power, but I am not leaving so nobody can see me cry, whatever slanderous cowards such as "Eric" might say.

I have been working tirelessly for months to win the heart of the fair Betty by helping edit her admittedly awful "Little Mermaid" fics and generally being there for her like a true gentleman would. And yet this "Eric" has the gall to treat her so unchivalrously as to ask her out to dinner, right out from under my nose. She said yes of course, as women in our society feel so obliged to do to appease the cads and bounders of this world, ignoring men like me who would treat them like the royalty that they deserve to be, if only they would let us which they don't.

It is much like the time I was ousted from my position as manager of the CounterStrike-themed internet radio station that I used to manage. Broadcasting five straight hours of Cradle of Filth is nothing less than a true education in what music could be if it tried harder, rather than "unreasonable and unlistenable" as certain Quisling server operators would have you believe. Just because you own the SHOUTcast server does not entitle you to pull my carefully grown and nutured radio station out from under me and my many supporters. Fortunately I have shown myself to be the bigger and more mature individual by stepping away and refusing to interact with anyone involved for over ten years which just goes to show how above it all and over the whole thing I am, unlike certain people I could name if it were not for the fact that I refuse to do that due to betrayal.

I went so far as to unplug the radio and TV but for some reason I keep hearing an inexplicable sobbing noise every time I am alone in the dark.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
This writing reminds me of the long running series of front page articles about the anime loving nerd and his bro room mate Jerry, very funny.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

comparing the op to the front page, a grave insult

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull
im confused as to how the op got ahold of my diary as i have only ever had it in analog written form on discarded napkins i keep under my bed

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
lacking in theology and geometry, voted 1

givepatajob
Apr 8, 2003

One finds that this is the best of all possible worlds.
with this I WILL SHOT PUT

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem
Hi Tim.

Who's your favorite non-Sonic/Tails/Knuckles Sonic character?

e: Also girls who are into Little Mermaid are not worth the daddy issues.

Dinosaurmageddon fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Oct 14, 2016

H.H
Oct 24, 2006

August is the Cruelest Month

FedEx Mercury posted:

This writing reminds me of the long running series of front page articles about the anime loving nerd and his bro room mate Jerry, very funny.

I miss the animals roommate series very much. It was one of the best front page running articles.

SENTIENT HOUSEMEAT
Oct 14, 2016

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

lacking in theology and geometry, voted 1

"Eric" once made an attempt to challenge me on the topic of Theology however I was able to masterfully shut him down, pointing out that it is a waste of time and certainly unworthy of being deemed an academic subject, in a similar vein to my masterful campaign to get my University to stop teaching Theology which would absolutely have been successful were it not for the fact that it was cut short by my having to drop out for personal reasons that are irrelevant to this discussion and not a big deal anyway.

I once read a flyer for a talk on Plato's sacred geometry but I did not attend as I already understood the topic perfectly, although really it does not matter since sacred geometry is un-enlightened nonsense that has been demonstrated to be utterly wrong by the Copenhagen Interpretation of the Standard Model of Quantum Physics and possibly also Copernicus.

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005
Post more please.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

so are you some kind of retard or can you just not afford triple monitors?
lmao at your crosshairs being between 2 monitors. watch you get owned

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
lmao

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Don't stop I'm almost there

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

Waffle! posted:

Don't stop I'm almost there

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

found these drawings the OP apparently had commissioned of himself, pretty cool stuff OP :)

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
Can I park my car on top of you, OP???

:pervert:

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

loquacius posted:

found these drawings the OP apparently had commissioned of himself, pretty cool stuff OP :)

One day this will become a movie. And on that day it will probably be terrible because Hollywood will cast Jack Black or something.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

"Brevity as soul of wit" confirmed.

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord
well op

guess what?

MY SEXUALITY WAS TURNED INTO A MEME BY IDIOTS

but seriously are you a gimmick account or what?

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Solice Kirsk posted:

One day this will become a movie. And on that day it will probably be terrible because Hollywood will cast Jack Black or something.

*looks at casting notes* It's a fat guy, right? Fat white guy? Kind of a loser? Ok, call Jack Black. Why wouldn't you just do that first? I can't believe you're bothering me with this.

e: I'm kind of wondering how Jim Gaffigan would do with it but other than that no famous people really suggest themselves. John C Reilly?

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
im confusedwhat are you guys talking about?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I always thought Philip Seymour Hoffman would have crushed it. Maybe they could dig up and reanimate his corpse?

• Locked thread