Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely
oh no! Mats Sundin's banner is all twisted up!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

banner unfurling technology could use some work

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

25% critical failure rate on banner unfurler 2000

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

Spring Break My Heart posted:

he had one notable season, where he still got hurt for a huge chunk of it. otherwise he was a low end first liner/good second liner player for 9 injury plagued years.

some teams have lower standards than others.

The standards are in proportion to how much success you've had in recent years.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

everyone turn over to watch the Minnesota / Winnipeg game.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

goldrush posted:

But if the Leafs retired all the numbers at once, how will they continue their long and storied and extremely annoying and stupid tradition of lengthy pregame ceremonies every single loving week?

They could start retiring numbers / jerseys from other Toronto sports teams.

Danny Dichio's #9 to be retired in recognition of his accomplishments in a TFC shirt.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

So I get that they try to match up teams with some playoff or geographical rivalries on these opening games, I guess that Columbus and San Jose were the leftovers?

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

Devils up 2-0 on the Lightning and Taylor Hall is nowhere to be seen on the boxscore

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

I see Anaheim has jumped on Pittsburgh early.. something like 13 shots on MA Fleury after 10 minutes of play.

They did the same thing to Dallas the other night. fast starting team.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

Josh Manson kind of botched that net front defensive zone assignment for the duckies, ended up screening his goaltender facing the wrong way on a floater shot he easily could have blocked down.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

I thought the Wild actually played pretty well in that period. Some good chances at ES and short handed, some bad luck on the goals against.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

people like these Florida Panthers jerseys? They are very similar to the Ottawa jerseys

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

hifi posted:

was cherry really railing on icing when it was regular icing

yeah credit where it's due, he was harping on that before they made the change.

But I think he only started doing that after it came out that the change had been proposed and was "on the table"

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

Minnesota up now.

Balance of the play has really shifted their way.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

Dallas looking like poo poo the 2nd game in a row..

At this point I think it's fair for Dallas fans to start getting concerned. Right now the off-season moves made by Nill look terrible.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

I think Nill has to bring in a top pairing LD if Ruff is going to refuse to use Hamhuis there. Can't have Jordie Benn or Patrik Nemeth or Esa Lindell or whoever out there with Klingberg. Renders our only decent defenceman completely neutralized.

Also 5 goals on 20 shots.. Dallas Stars goaltending is back.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

If Dallas is going to have any chance to even take a point out of this one they are going to need many more seeing eye shots.

Team looks like poo poo. Getting man handled by Colorado.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

It's pretty clear to me that Colorado is significantly better from last year, and Dallas is worse. Would not be surprised at all to see the Avs take the last playoff spot from the Stars at year end.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

That was so awful by Lehtonen. Turns the puck over when we had puck support, then gives up a powder soft goal.

Avs have been the better team all 3 periods though, they deserve the win.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

DOOMocrat posted:

The Good: Dallas learned how to swarm defend against slower teams

The Bad: Dallas completely forgot how to defend against fast ones

Well what the gently caress do you think is going to happen when your GM abandons skill all over the roster to get more size.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

we can still score though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

Horrible mismangement of players by Ruff there at the end. Faceoff in the opposition zone with the PP with 2 minutes left, he puts on the 2nd unit because he wants the 1st unit on for the last minute to win the game. Doesn't pull his goalie. Stars never get set up in the Avalanche zone, and the 1st unit never even gets a chance to win the game.

Just awful coaching. Special teams has been poo poo for years now under him too. If the Stars have a dissapointing year, that will be a name to replace.

• Locked thread