Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Scarf posted:

Thankfully Clemson is off this coming week. We're desperately going to need Gallman against FSU, and after that totally legal and not leading with the crown hit he took, he's going to need all of the recovery time he can get. Apparently the outlook is pretty good, he doesn't seem to be suffering any ill-effects. But they're still putting him through the protocol.

Not a defenseless runner. Dangerous play, but you can do whatever you want as long as they're not considered defenseless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duckaerobics
Jul 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I think the rules say that any contact leading with the crown of the helmet is targeting regardless of whether the player is defenseless.

NCAA posted:

No player shall target and initiate contact against an opponent with the crown (top) of his helmet. When in question, it is a foul.

They might have ruled the contact incidental or as a result of the offensive player shifting position (or I could be reading the rules wrong), but it seems to me that leading with the helmet is one of the indicators of targeting.

Key Indicators posted:

Lowering the head before attacking by initiating contact with the crown of the helmet

I don't think it was a dirty play, or him trying to cause injury, but by the rules it seems like targeting.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

kayakyakr posted:

Not a defenseless runner. Dangerous play, but you can do whatever you want as long as they're not considered defenseless.

There are 2 targeting rules.

quote:

Targeting and Initiating Contact With the Crown of the Helmet (Rule 9-1-3)

No player shall target and initiate contact against an opponent with the crown (top) of his helmet. When in question, it is a foul.

Targeting and Initiating Contact to Head or Neck Area of a Defenseless Player (Rule 9-1-4)

No player shall target and initiate contact to the head or neck area of a defenseless opponent with the helmet, forearm, fist, elbow or shoulder. When in question, it is a foul. (Rule 2-27-14)

DJCobol
May 16, 2003

CALL OF DUTY! :rock:
Grimey Drawer
AP poll is out, Michigan up to #3

1 - Alabama
2 - Ohio State
3 - Michigan
4 - Clemson
5 - Washington
6 - Texas A&M
7 - Louisville
8 - Nebraska
9 - Baylor
10 - Wisconsin
11 - Houston
12 - West Virginia
13 - Florida State
14 - Boise State
15 - Florida
16 - Oklahoma
17 - Arkansas
18 - Tennessee
19 - Utah
20 - Western Michigan!
21 - Auburn
22 - North Carolina
23 - Ole Miss
24 - Navy
25 - LSU

DJCobol fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Oct 16, 2016

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

DJCobol posted:

AP poll is out, Michigan up to #3

1 - Alabama
2 - Ohio State
3 - Michigan
4 - Clemson
5 - Wisconsin
6 - Texas A&M
7 - Louisville
8 - Nebraska
9 - Baylor
10 - Wisconsin
11 - Houston
12 - West Virginia
13 - Florida State
14 - Boise State
15 - Florida
16 - Oklahoma
17 - Arkansas
18 - Tennessee
19 - Utah
20 - Western Michigan!
21 - Auburn
22 - North Carolina
23 - Ole Miss
24 - Navy
25 - LSU

Wisconsin, the team so nice they ranked them twice.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

MourningView posted:

Iowa won easily and scored a lot of points! It was much more satisfying than what they had been doing in every other game since ISU. We did give up a poo poo load of yards and points to Purdue, but only because we played as little as possible in the 2nd half, sitting in prevent and trying to play backups midway through the 3rd. It was not great that the backups then got so throughly firebombed by Purdue that the starters had to go back in but whatever that's a problem for next year. When we gave a poo poo the offense scored whenever it wanted to. And Des King got a pick six so maybe people can stop pretending he's having a down year just because everyone is scared to throw to his side and he doesn't have a million INTs like last year.

Uhh, actually Desmond King and Jourdan Lewis are both bad cornerbacks where are the picks????????????????

DJCobol
May 16, 2003

CALL OF DUTY! :rock:
Grimey Drawer

Scarf posted:

I'm an idiot.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Scarf posted:

There are 2 targeting rules.

Fair enough.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Scarf posted:

Clearly, one should not lose to :razorfront:

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004

MourningView posted:

Wisconsin somehow only -3 at Iowa if you have a desire to bet your life savings on something

Jesus what did Wisconsin do to Delaney? Their schedule goes MSU, UM, bye, OSU, Iowa, Nebraska and even a suddenly feisty Northwestern. Let them play Rutgers somewhere in there.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
After expansion the schedules got all sorts of hosed up and unbalanced but also Iowa and MSU are both bad. MSU is probably not making a bowl barring an upset

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Well that was fun while it lasted. However, if we win our remaining ACC games we get to go to Orlando anyway so just onto the next one.

We will also lose to Pitt. Still can't overcome all your demons.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

wisconsin probably going to stomp northwestern but it would be funny if they lost since they haven't won in evanston since 1999

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
heh, hazell got canned

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

28 Days Later is actually a great movie

fuck starcraft

It's kind of bullshit that Ole Miss is ranked, along with LSU

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

DrunkPanda posted:

It's kind of bullshit that Ole Miss is ranked, along with LSU

I have no idea how Ole Miss is still ranked. Unreal.

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

Minnesota finally won a conference game, and now we get to cruise until we play Nebraska, Northwestern, and Wisconsin. ...we're totally finishing 7-5 :sigh:

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

There is no Coordinator but Narduzzi, and Shilique is his Prophet.

Soup du Jour posted:

Minnesota finally won a conference game, and now we get to cruise until we play Nebraska, Northwestern, and Wisconsin. ...we're totally finishing 7-5 :sigh:

I would be so happy with 7-5

mayodreams
Jul 4, 2003

Hello darkness,
my old friend
I am actually shocked Hazell was fired today. Turns out that getting blown out on 4 straight homecomings doesn't bode well for job security.

I know the alums were giving President Daniels a LOT of poo poo in the last few weeks, and I think this was breaking point as the majority of alums were moving from anger to apathy. The good news is that I don't think it can get much worse as Hazell is the worst coach in Purdue history, and 2nd place goes back to the 1910's.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Ronald Ollie, your favorite Last Chance U player, scored a fat guy TD this weekend for Nicholls State as he returned a blocked FG 80 yards.

mayodreams
Jul 4, 2003

Hello darkness,
my old friend

Crotch Bat posted:

Ronald Ollie, your favorite Last Chance U player, scored a fat guy TD this weekend for Nicholls State as he returned a blocked FG 80 yards.

This owns so hard.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Crotch Bat posted:

Appreciate Nick Saban, Master of the Dark Arts, while you can because it is going to be a long, long time before we get another coach like him in the sport.

I just don't see anyone keeping up really, enjoy the CFP trip and all but Bama will probably humiliate you for taking the trip. OSU seems vulnerable to Bama's bread and butter, Michigan doesn't have the aerial game to keep up, they'll lock Lamar Jackson down and I can't imagine what they'd do to Clemson. Honestly, I think Washington has the best shot of any team plus don't neglect Chris Peterson's bullshit magic in big games.

I just don't see it going any other way and it's not a slight against any of those teams above, who are all very good but what are you supposed to do except maybe try and get in a shootout and outlast them?

You're making me dream, man. I might literally jizz my pants uncontrollably if we can beat bama for the title in a fashion similar to that fiesta bowl.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Michigan State is really bad.
Kent State is really really bad.
Ohio State won a game of football.
Akron has yet to be walled off and set on fire.

A bad week.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Crotch Bat posted:

Yay! I'm rooting for that guy.

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD
it is time to destroy Trevor Knight, heir to the stephen garcia school of "bad quarterbacks who play good vs Alabama."

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Utah's in the driver's seat to win the South but they're barely holding on at this point. That makes Colorado the favorite to me to win it, but they still are going to get tested on their schedule.

The door is still open for UCLA or USC to back in, although USC is going to need to beat the Huskies to do that which doesn't sound super probable. And then they'd probably have to beat them again to go to actually go to the Rose Bowl. They've went to the Rose Bowl during every single presidential term in history but it looks like that streak is going to end.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
USC does look really good since they made the QB switch though, looking forward to them being preseason Top 10 again next year and then going like 7-5

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009

MourningView posted:

USC does look really good since they made the QB switch though, looking forward to them being preseason Top 10 again next year and then going like 7-5

Right behind Notre Dame.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

MourningView posted:

Yeah they do look a lot better, I think if them and UCLA had swapped schedules I'd probably predict them to end up winning the south.

Frinkahedron
Jul 26, 2006

Gobble Gobble
Virginia Tech opens a 5.5 favorite over Miami. Coastal chaos always reigns supreme :stare:

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

I'd take that. We have had no offense against teams with no defense.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

MourningView posted:

Wisconsin somehow only -3 at Iowa if you have a desire to bet your life savings on something

So what you're saying is I will pick Wisconsin in the Pick-em and then Wisky will win by 2.

I am poo poo at Pick-em, is what I'm saying.

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

28 Days Later is actually a great movie

fuck starcraft

Rick posted:

Utah's in the driver's seat to win the South but they're barely holding on at this point. That makes Colorado the favorite to me to win it, but they still are going to get tested on their schedule.

The door is still open for UCLA or USC to back in, although USC is going to need to beat the Huskies to do that which doesn't sound super probable. And then they'd probably have to beat them again to go to actually go to the Rose Bowl. They've went to the Rose Bowl during every single presidential term in history but it looks like that streak is going to end.

I almost don't want CU to win the South. Only because I don't want to get slaughtered by the Huskies, which might carry over to the bowl game and end the season on a down note. I'm hoping for a 9-3 season, with USC winning the South so that they can be the sacrificial lambs for the Huskies (who will be looking to avenge a regular season loss to USC). Then CU can channel their "anger" at not making it to the Pac 12 title game into their bowl game and blow out their bowl opponent :)

DrunkPanda fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Oct 17, 2016

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
I have no issues losing to a good team unless it is Alabama

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

If this ain't the drat truth..

heel turn
Jan 6, 2004

Some boy tried to step to me at the county fair. I said son u clearly have no ideal what creek im from

Crotch Bat posted:

give him the piesman, imo

heel turn fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Oct 17, 2016

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

CannonFodder posted:

So what you're saying is I will pick Wisconsin in the Pick-em and then Wisky will win by 2.

I am poo poo at Pick-em, is what I'm saying.

I assume it's gonna get bet up to like 5-6 points, which is still the lock to end all locks

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Scarf posted:

If this ain't the drat truth..

Yeah i was gonna suggest it as your new av but your current one is just about perfect

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

my bat mitzvah ROCKED posted:

I have no issues losing to a good team unless it is Alabama

• Locked thread