Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Spacemonkey57 posted:

That 2012 game was the reason Johnny Football won the Heisman.

And we got this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2dlE1CQgVc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Scionix posted:

heavy is the hand that holds all these FUKKEN RINGZ

I'm surprised they fit with the webbed fingers and all

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD

LeeMajors posted:

I'm surprised they fit with the webbed fingers and all

do NOT make fun of my congenital defect, forums poster

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

JesustheDarkLord posted:

Kick return yards are not part of the offensive total! They passed for over 100 and rushed for like 50.

Did not know that, the stats are still pretty bad, even with that factored in. 421 yards of offense is good, UGA is not good :v:

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

Scionix posted:

You should know that Florida fans have basked in the Spurrier/Meyer/Donovan success aura and are still relatively immune to that weakness known as jealousy.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Spacemonkey57 posted:

That 2012 game was the reason Johnny Football won the Heisman.

I mean that and shattering the total yardage record. He led the SEC in rushing!

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

You can tell the Johnny come lately Bama fans from the old school people that are just happy about everything.

2000 was not that long ago if you wanna talk about actual miserable football in Tuscaloosa. Three Mikes and a Dennis never forget...

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD
tyrone prothro catches a slant from brodie croyle and takes it to the house, while the sun sets to carry him away...

Scionix fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Oct 17, 2016

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

how the gently caress was Tyrone Prothro not a QB how do you pass that name synergy up

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Lets not start Andrew Zow because he is black was a real opinion back then. gently caress most Alabama fans

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

Scionix posted:

Are there legit Bama fans who unironically get championship rings despite no direct connection to the team? Like they go out and purchase them and wear them? Cuz just loving lol

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

mercenarynuker posted:

Are there legit Bama fans who unironically get championship rings despite no direct connection to the team? Like they go out and purchase them and wear them? Cuz just loving lol

Probably. At the least they get the worst tattoos ever inked. They also go take pictures and the Walmart trophy tour like they won the drat thing.

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."
TFF COLLEGE PICK 'EM WEEK 7 RESULTS!!!!

Holy poo poo we've got a cheater on the boards because this mother fucker "Big Ten Sucks" got all ten games right:

Not too many anomalies this week... it's inspiring that there are still a couple people picking Notre Dame. TWO people - Roll drat Tide and clever name to follow - forgot to make picks this week or don't give a poo poo anymore!

Here's the leaderboard:

Picks for week 8:

Thanks for playing y'all!

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

mercenarynuker posted:

The '92 season Bama championship healed the fractured and fragile Alabamian psyche more than any of these subsequent titles Saban is collecting. But whether they get a title once every fifteen years or once every two or three, it's clear that football "status" still holds too much importance in many of their lives. Our Bama friends here on the forum are excepted, of course.

Alaois posted:

how the gently caress was Tyrone Prothro not a QB how do you pass that name synergy up

I can't help but get angry at Mike Shula every time I think about the totally avoidable injury Prothro received.

Your comment is spot on, though.

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD

Seaniqua posted:

Holy poo poo we've got a cheater on the boards because this mother fucker "Big Ten Sucks" got all ten games right:

Not too many anomalies this week... it's inspiring that there are still a couple people picking Notre Dame. TWO people - Roll drat Tide and clever name to follow - forgot to make picks this week or don't give a poo poo anymore!

Here's the leaderboard:

Picks for week 8:

ok I definitely submitted picks for this week i think this is rigged and im not even joking

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Thermos H Christ posted:

Can we agree that this seems kind of inappropriate? Yesterday's NYT story on Tom Herman's kisses.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/16/sports/ncaafootball/houston-cougars-tom-herman-kiss-macho-culture.html

It seemed a little odd but pretty innocuous, but I imagined it as a quick peck with some words of encouragement. That line about how the longer kiss means more approval, and a kiss over 5 seconds means you're his "dude" skeeves me out. I was not imagining a lingering kiss like that. An adult coach should probably not be planting long, tender kisses on student athletes directly under their authority. Can you imagine if a male coach was doing this with female athletes under his direct authority? Imagine if, as a corporate team building thing, your boss started lining everyone up and giving them long kisses. The longer the kiss, the better your performance! More than 5 seconds and you're in the running for employee of the month! Don't worry, eventually you'll get used to it and maybe even look forward to it a little bit!

The gently caress?

Oh god, we're going to get rid of Charlie Strong for this guy. It's going to be embarrassing when we end up with another Bev Kearney situation on our hands.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Thermos H Christ posted:

Can you imagine if a male coach was doing this with female athletes under his direct authority?

I think that would be very different from this, which is weird but harmless. Hell, he gets Texas to ten wins you'll all be lining up for him to look at your wieners if that's what he wants, and you'll be wise to do so.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

mercenarynuker posted:

I've got a band version of the NC ring that they got commissioned they year we beat Notre Dame. Does that count? I'm not sure what happened to it, haven't seen it in a few years. Weighed a couple of pounds and was gaudy as hell.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

West Virginia is going to push TCU's poo poo in this week and it's going to be sad.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Because the conference expansion thread got closed before the lack of expansion could be discussed, I found a picture of every Cincy fan.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Austin Carr is the best receiver that no one in this thread has heard of, and Justin Jackson is legit one of the best RBs in the Big Ten.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Some saint uploaded the Texas game to youtube, so I finally got to see it.

Kind of a joyless affair. We looked like garbage for the first half. The Longhorn Network commentators keep saying it's a huge step forward for the defense because Iowa State is a hot offense, but I have a hard time believing it.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Seaniqua posted:

Here's the leaderboard:

Picks for week 8:

I forgot to make picks! Whoops!

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

God drat dead loving last! That's impressive!

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

R.D. Mangles posted:

Austin Carr is the best receiver that no one in this thread has heard of, and Justin Jackson is legit one of the best RBs in the Big Ten.

I've heard of him. He's made my WR depth on the fantasy team quite solid while Hansen and Turpin are down with injury.

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."

Scionix posted:

ok I definitely submitted picks for this week i think this is rigged and im not even joking

It's possible that you forgot to click "submit" or that the fox site screwed you. If i could fix it I would, sorry!

Saucer Crab
Apr 3, 2009

Chieves posted:

West Virginia is going to push TCU's poo poo in this week and it's going to be rad.

mayodreams
Jul 4, 2003

Hello darkness,
my old friend

Seaniqua posted:

Here's the leaderboard:

Picks for week 8:

I was the perfect picker this weekend, and I'm shocked it even happened. I've been doing average to bad this year, so I'll call this and my all time bad coach getting fired this weekend a huge win. :toot:

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Quentin Dormandy is leaving the Vols apparently

mayodreams
Jul 4, 2003

Hello darkness,
my old friend

Scionix posted:

The lines are final on Wednesday, so if you do it before they are final, it doesn't save them. I got screwed by that in week 2. I try to make it a point to do it on Thursday.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

rear end over tea kettle.

rear end

Over

Tea kettle

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

NickRoweFillea posted:

Where are you seeing that? Not seeing it on 247 or through a cursory google search.

It would be really weird if he did. He's the heir apparent to Dobbs to start next year.

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back

NickRoweFillea posted:

Travis Stephens is also backing up this rumor. He is saying that freshmen Jarrett Guarantano will start next year over Dormandy, and QD knows this. The only positive I can take from this is Guarantano is as good as advertised. He can run like Dobbs, but he has the arm and accuracy to back it up unlike Dobbs.

Some claim this is the luckiest team, but injury wise this is unluckiest team I've seen in my 30 years watching Tennessee football. They currently are down 17 players, and several of those are future draft picks.

Also they need to send DeBord back to retirement land, and hire an OC that knows how to use the talent they have.

Flutieflakes017
Feb 16, 2012

only if you've been in the deepest valley can you ever know how magnificent it is to be on the highest mountain

PostNouveau posted:

Some saint uploaded the Texas game to youtube, so I finally got to see it.

Kind of a joyless affair. We looked like garbage for the first half. The Longhorn Network commentators keep saying it's a huge step forward for the defense because Iowa State is a hot offense, but I have a hard time believing it.

Ahmad "Choo choo goes the truck!" Brooks is a flaming idiot and the worst commentator I've ever been subjected to while watching a mainstream college football game. He works for the Longhorn Network and still manages to get the players names wrong about 1/4 of the time.

Almost blew a gasket last year during the Kansas game when Brooks speculated that Duke Thomas might be wearing #28 in honor of his friend Quandre Diggs. Apparently the My All American promos, the team wearing the throwback uniforms, the tributes to Steinmark, and the reunion of the 1969 team were all lost on Ahmad.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

nate fisher posted:

Travis Stephens is also backing up this rumor. He is saying that freshmen Jarrett Guarantano will start next year over Dormandy, and QD knows this. The only positive I can take from this is Guarantano is as good as advertised. He can run like Dobbs, but he has the arm and accuracy to back it up unlike Dobbs.

Some claim this is the luckiest team, but injury wise this is unluckiest team I've seen in my 30 years watching Tennessee football. They currently are down 17 players, and several of those are future draft picks.

Also they need to send DeBord back to retirement land, and hire an OC that knows how to use the talent they have.

Unless they want to eat his contract (they should) DeBord is OC for 3 years unless they move him to O-line coach or something like that and bring in someone else.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

R.D. Mangles posted:

I swear the announcers called his name 25 times during the MSU game. Everyone's abusing MSU's DBs, but he really carved them up.

Highlight of the homecoming game was a brawl breaking out a few seats from me. Right after it ended, though, NW scored that safety and everything went to poo poo from there.

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

LLCoolJD posted:

The '92 season Bama championship healed the fractured and fragile Alabamian psyche more than any of these subsequent titles Saban is collecting. But whether they get a title once every fifteen years or once every two or three, it's clear that football "status" still holds too much importance in many of their lives. Our Bama friends here on the forum are excepted, of course

Not gonna lie, that was probably one of the best bowl games I've ever seen.

Also 'Bama had an amazing int in that game.

C2C - 2.0 fucked around with this message at 07:54 on Oct 18, 2016

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

https://twitter.com/DavidBVisser/status/788080333019226112

A common refrain

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

Distractions makes it better when ya take up the ENTIRE ROAD
TFF College Football: Every other team has insufferable fans and our team has perfect angel fans

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004

Spintzel posted:

TFF College Football: Every other team has insufferable fans and our team has perfect angel fans

Excuse to post the best thing the onion has ever done:

http://www.theonion.com/blogpost/you-will-suffer-humiliation-when-the-sports-team-f-10804

The Onion posted:

If you need another reason why the sporting franchise representing my area is superior, look no further than the supporters for the two sides. Not only are the supporters of the team from my region more spirited, but they are also more intelligent and of finer breeding than you and the rest of your ilk. In addition, the female supporters of the team from my area possess more attractive countenances and figures than yours. Some of the women from my side that I have observed could make a living by posing for pictures for major men's magazines. The women who cheer for your team, I'm afraid, are far too unattractive to do so.

• Locked thread