Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

NOOOOOO!

He almost made it to the plane!

Greg you were so close! :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knockknees
Dec 21, 2004

sprung out fully formed
Wow. I did think they'd have the balls to fly Greg away. But I think he's really leaving.

But he's my favorite part of the show so I hope he's not gone forever. Rebecca needs to stop sucking she's not fun to watch when she's this messed up.

Also did they just start calling White Josh WiJo? It sounds so weird.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Getting some real Josh catharsis this episode, it's nice. That scene with him genuinely feeling lovely for all the poo poo with Rebecca at the airport was very good.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
This season is great and doing basically the opposite of everything I was worried about and moving fast as hell. I love it!

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
To be honest, I kinda hated that song. Not a Monroe fan at all and babyspeek is so awful.

I'm really interested how the show is going to handle Paulas problem. Even if you have extremely liberal views on the topic, it's still a deeply personal and emotional decision.
But looking at it from the outside, an abortion is obviously the best decision at this point.

Knockknees
Dec 21, 2004

sprung out fully formed
My friend who loves this show is conservative and anti abortion. while on the one hand i'd love to see a mainstream show show that abortion for any reason is ok, I also don't want there to be any wedge between myself and the person I enjoy the show with the most :(

Disgusting Coward
Feb 17, 2014

cant cook creole bream posted:

But looking at it from the outside, an abortion is obviously the best decision at this point.

Aren't they Catholic, though? They were getting counselling from Father Brah.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib
Oh god, oh god Paula😭

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib
No Greg! No, bad, Greg, bad!😦

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Disgusting Coward posted:

Aren't they Catholic, though? They were getting counselling from Father Brah.

I guess they are. But to be honest I don't think that's what would stop them. Before she used the test, he basically said that they can "look at their options" once they know for sure.
That certainly doesn't sound like he methodically rules it out under any circumstances.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice
I've subscribed to Rachel's youtube channel for like 4 years but for whatever reason I didn't watch the show when it started, just watched most of the songs on her channel. Today my wife and I finished watching season 1 on netflix and set the dvr to record season 2. I was raking leaves in my yard for like 3 hours yesterday and had "I Could if I Wanted To" in my head the whole time.

Edit: Oh and Volume 1 of the Season 1 soundtrack is free on Amazon Prime.

davebo fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Nov 8, 2016

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
Last night was probably a bad night to try to watch this new episode. Ended up not liking it that much, but that might have just been the depression talking.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Knockknees posted:

On another note, if white josh has the keys to Darryls apartment, has he met his daughter yet? I wonder how that is going for all of them?
It's quite frustrating how they keep bringing up the two of them as a couple but not having them in any of the same scenes.

Knockknees posted:

Also did they just start calling White Josh WiJo? It sounds so weird.
Yep. I'm not sure how I feel about it. It was funny when I noticed that everyone had just suddenly started calling him that, but White Josh is a better name.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Hm... it was a shitshow

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
This is quite affecting. But everything's been quite affecting.

frgildan
Apr 6, 2005

I went some place mum and everyday I woke up in that place and told myself I'm alive and I was.
I'm kinda of shocked they actually had him go.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
drat this is going to be a tough one.

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

frgildan posted:

I'm kinda of shocked they actually had him go.

Me too. And relieved. I love his character, but I'd much rather have him take a break from the show to be in Atlanta and grow, than go back to Rebecca for Round 15 of the same poo poo.

edit: this song is magical, and so is the fact they just hand-waved in parents for Heather

FoxTerrier fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Nov 12, 2016

frgildan
Apr 6, 2005

I went some place mum and everyday I woke up in that place and told myself I'm alive and I was.
Okay the fruit stand guy just made that amazing.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Okay this is entertaining.

"Please not on my chest. You'll scratch it!"

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Heather's parents :stare:

Oh god this is

awful

frgildan
Apr 6, 2005

Wow this episode is pretty dark.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
They all look like gorgeous mermaids who grew feet and went to Cochella.

frgildan
Apr 6, 2005

It feels like they wanted this episode to be nothing but gut punches

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

frgildan posted:

It feels like they wanted this episode to be nothing but gut punches

It is pretty loving dark.

I was hoping for something light to relax with tonight but....um....whelp.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Despite all of Rebecca's gently caress ups I still felt sorry for her there.

frgildan
Apr 6, 2005

Sweet Jesus this episode. I marathoned the series over the last few days and this is the first one I've live watched.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
This show hits hard.

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Maxwell Lord posted:

This show hits hard.

On the upside the next episode looks amazing

frgildan
Apr 6, 2005

It feels wierd that she didn't say goodbye to Josh ghost.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
It was nice to have a show about dealing with that kind of sadness.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I loved Heather's parents. A warm, loving family which supports their daughter through every single stupid decision. They are basically the opposite of Rebecca's. Obviously they love their daughter very much, but this inflation of pride isn't emotionally healthy either. I want them to meet

Knockknees posted:

My friend who loves this show is conservative and anti abortion. while on the one hand i'd love to see a mainstream show show that abortion for any reason is ok, I also don't want there to be any wedge between myself and the person I enjoy the show with the most :(

I'm genuinely interested how your friend reacted to this episode now. (Especially with a bit of recent context. Personally I don't think I could be a friend of someone who actually made that decision happen. At least for a while...)
It was handled with a lot of tact and showed how much of an emotional situation it actually is. In many shows, or stories an abortion is a point of conflict between the characters. So I'm happy to see how supportive Paula's husband was. He knew that it was her decision (even though they are Catholics) and he agreed with her, while doing his best to make her comfortable.

Also it was kinda great how Paula was lying in her bed and they were talking about the Doctor's advice. They were clearly implying what happened, without actually saying the word. But then their useless son shouts it around, trying to be helpful.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Oh man this episode was fantastic! But I feel like they really don't have as much of a budget this year, esp with the video for Shitshow.

Seriously though this season is going from strength to strength so far, it's off to a tremendous start

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Escobarbarian posted:

Oh man this episode was fantastic! But I feel like they really don't have as much of a budget this year, esp with the video for Shitshow.

Seriously though this season is going from strength to strength so far, it's off to a tremendous start

...Shitshow? Can't tell if this was meant to go in the You're the Worst thread or if If you were referring to one of Greg's two songs tonight. (The show is showing its gouging, but Greg/Josh's song tonight was still a delight.)

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
i.....yes, the third season of you're the worst is off to a tremendous start, 11/13 episodes in. well done on catching my mistake.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

I hope Greg isn't gone too long but what he and Rebecca are doing is good for both of their characters. I'm also happy they have found a good way to reboot Heather's role in the show and Valencia is back so things can only get better from here.

Tequila25
May 12, 2001
Ask me about tapioca.
Umm, I don't thing Greg is coming back this season. http://www.vulture.com/2016/11/santino-fontana-leaving-crazy-ex-girlfriend.html

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
Watching the new episode now. It reminds me a lot of s1e7 in a good way. And three songs in one episode definitely makes up for the lack of songs last episode. I think overall this episode is a new one among my favorites.

While I'm sad we're losing Greg after he's been showing signs of improvement from late s1, I'm glad Heather is getting an upgraded role in the narrative as a trade-off. What Rebecca needs right now isn't a man to latch onto, but a friend willing to look out for her. The fact that Greg was the only ghost Rebecca let go makes me wonder about where she stands with Josh in her mind. Valencia returning should be interesting, and I hope she gets another song (Good at Yoga + Women Gotta Stick Together are both underrated hits.)

Also I'm surprised in a pleasant way that instead of going through a long hand-wringing plot about getting an abortion or not, they just skipped that and allowed it to be normalized in the narrative. They didn't skimp over the family being Catholic, but there was no tedious debate about faith in the equation. Her husband may not be the smartest guy, but he's definitely supportive and it's good to see at least one healthy relationship on the show.*

*Darryl and WiJo aside.

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Awww dang. At least he got written off in a really cool and good way.

I hope if they somehow beat the cancellation bear for a third season he's able to return as a regular.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
.....i am heartbroken :(

i trust the show to power through because it's killin it atm but right now greg is SUCH an essential part of the show to me, and easily my favourite character, so this really stinks

• Locked thread