Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Can't wait for this to return. Haven't watched any trailers, so will be going into all the new songs totally cold.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Everyone's gonna have different opinions on which songs are better and which will work for others - I personally love Good Parent, but don't care for Good Person. Sexy Getting Ready Song was what sold me initially, though. West Covina is a'ite but SGRS was when I knew I could happily watch a show full of music like this.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I think the one thing everyone can agree on is that the Yoga song is....one of the lesser ones, at best.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I only realised after seeing this OP that that was Heather in the soundtrack cast photo instead of Valencia, and I'm still trying to figure out why.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Much better than last years. Nice.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
CW made a deal with Netflix to put new eps up weekly in the UK.....but not until Sunday morning. So not really beneficial to me.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
The site that said CXG would be up on Netflix UK Sunday mornings was a dirty liar it is actually the morning after! (sorry if I confused any other Brit goons)

Watching now.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Super funny premiere and sets up the season well as Zaggitz said. Wasn't a massive fan of the first song (and, thinking in a "I want this show to be popular as hell" way, it could potentially alienate a lot of new viewers with its weirdness [even if that's their own fault for being dumb and lame]), but loved the second. Really looking forward to how the Greg and Paula stories develop.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Narcissus1916 posted:

The explicit versions are unfailingly worse than the broadcast editions though.

i can't remember for any other songs but every clean version of a line in JAP Battle is worse than the explicit version.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
this season is good but it hasn't had a killer song ye-*ping pong girl happens*-gently caress YEAH

i don't really wanna do the rebecca/josh/greg triangle AGAIN but let's see how it goes

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
ha yes, those were great. as well as the much less subtle "after everything you've done for her-" "-that she didn't ask for!"

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I like this show a lot, but I could like it even more if Bloom's "crazy" acting wasn't by far the weakest part of the show, even if you count more than just performances. That whole "fake laugh I don't know what you're talking about! WHAT!" thing is starting to grate on me, our second time round.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Valencia not-really-spoilers: ep 5 of this season is called "Why is Josh's Ex-Girlfriend Eating Carbs?"

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Ping Pong Girl is already my #1 song this show has ever done

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Drinking song for me is like upper second tier. I dug it but won't give it many listens outside of the episode.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Rebecca is very deluded so she likely thinks the reason Josh couldn't commit to Valencia is because she so obviously wasn't right for him. However, Rebecca so obviously is, so he should have no problems committing to her!......!

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I don't even know if this show would get a third season with the crappy ratings for s2 so far. Although it is on Fridays so it's not as bad as it could be

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
This season is great and doing basically the opposite of everything I was worried about and moving fast as hell. I love it!

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Oh man this episode was fantastic! But I feel like they really don't have as much of a budget this year, esp with the video for Shitshow.

Seriously though this season is going from strength to strength so far, it's off to a tremendous start

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
i.....yes, the third season of you're the worst is off to a tremendous start, 11/13 episodes in. well done on catching my mistake.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
.....i am heartbroken :(

i trust the show to power through because it's killin it atm but right now greg is SUCH an essential part of the show to me, and easily my favourite character, so this really stinks

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
wtf HOW IS THIS SEASON SO CONSISTENTLY GREAT

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I bloody hate when a television show focuses on the characters! It's like just be silly, ffs

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
MrBuddyLee is an idiot, if that helps

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Zaggitz posted:

I feel like outside of obvious budgetary constraints, this season has been pretty consistently on fire. The only ep I didn't super love was last week's but it works as great set up for this week's.

I agree. This season has been killing it in a way even the first didn't prepare me for. And the first season was great!

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
"what happened to just regular coffee" jokes in 2016? weak, guys.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Yep, easily top 3 of the season so far. Found it pretty emotional too.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I absolutely agree. I still wish Greg was around, but there's no way they could have kept the Josh crush going without it getting seriously irritating, and they clearly know this.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I feel like it'll go to Issa Rae just because of how the Golden Globes work.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Skipped reading this thread because I hadn't caught up but there was very little discussion about the latest two episodes anyway? Not really a fan of the sudden new direction ep 9 takes.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I thought he had only signed on for one season as it was, due to not wanting to be away from the NY scene from too long, and then agreed to let them write him out naturally when the renewal came through?

e: also I actually miss Valencia more than Greg right now

Escobarbarian fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Jan 11, 2017

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Really not liking the direction this show's been going in since the year started.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Didn't enjoy most of this ep at all but the last 10 minutes seemed to be an attempt to fix a lot of the issues I've had with this season since ep 8 or so, so I'm optimistic about the finale.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Great finale. Doesn't quite negate the bizarre, awkward jumps in tone and storyline in this past month's worth of episodes but sets up season 3 well. And I even like Nathaniel now.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Yeah it ended up a good season overall just with a gigantic awkward insane 180 in the middle. I would bet real money on my prediction that they expected to get a further 5 episodes added to the pickup like last year and then scrambled when they realised/were told it wasn't gonna happen.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Can't fuckin wait for you to finish this one, Emmy.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I've read in a bunch of places that they have a four-season plan and this was their specified midway point the entire time. If we follow Dan Harmon logic that means season 3 will be depressing as heck.

Escobarbarian fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Feb 5, 2017

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
NONE OF YOU HAVE EVEN MENTIONED PING PONG GIRL

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I had the opposite effect where I read through the list and was like "I don't remember how over half of these go"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
poo poo Show and You Go First are losing if anyone needs a push to vote

• Locked thread