Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Theswarms
Dec 20, 2005
Trap and harden has broken through other defense skills, even ones where you manually activate it for me. I think that's the purpose of the skill. Seems weird that the force someone to attack skill would let them bypass it though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

I've had that happen a number of times to me too. Duul or Jersey Devil will have their taunt skills up, and the enemy will say "lol, no" and one shot Kid Tut.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.
I'm not very impressed with the whole "summon a level 0 monster and farm 5+ shards to make it usable" mechanic.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Mikey Purp posted:

I'm not very impressed with the whole "summon a level 0 monster and farm 5+ shards to make it usable" mechanic.

wouldn't be bad if they had a rotating dungeon or something to farm shards but as it is now yeah its not great

overseer07
Mar 30, 2003
Pillbug

boy are my arms tired posted:

wouldn't be bad if they had a rotating dungeon or something to farm shards but as it is now yeah its not great

At least the daily quests give you two spots to farm shards, but it is really annoying to summon Eustace at 2 stars, and have zero ability to upgrade him, like ever.

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!
Goonamancers hit lvl 5 today and now has a maximum member count of 40 (used to be 25). There should be some free slots open.

How many active people are in the spill-over guild

overseer07
Mar 30, 2003
Pillbug

Exmond posted:

Goonamancers hit lvl 5 today and now has a maximum member count of 40 (used to be 25). There should be some free slots open.

I just jumped over. In Goonamancers as Hilarity.

e: Holy poo poo, Level 19 of the event is kicking my rear end. Anyone got any advice?

overseer07 fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Oct 24, 2016

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
I finally scrounged up 400 processed arc, is it better to use it on a monster I want like Eustace or a monster I already have and want to evolve like Ramses? I'm afraid to capture a monster and they end up only one star.

I'm in a small syndicate with some friends so I don't have a huge supply.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Exmond posted:

Active? can't say, but not many

i'm hopping over as well, RafzaSA

Gaukler
Oct 9, 2012

I'm in Goonamancers as GauklerSA but you can boot me. The game fucks with my phone's sound and the match mechanics aren't very fun.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

overseer07 posted:

I just jumped over. In Goonamancers as Hilarity.

e: Holy poo poo, Level 19 of the event is kicking my rear end. Anyone got any advice?

Was that a light boss? I did it with a four star Jenny, a four star horde and two baba yagas. Using a weak attacker to get the last enemy down to less than 300 while the horde is in protection mode means that the enemy kills itself and you enter the new wave on attack. Two baba yagas mean you'll have two powerful blasts ready to go.

If it wasn't a light boss I did it with four star cole instead of baba yaga and a goon's helle.

Working on beating level 20 and have just enough arc to capture the horde if I manage to win.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Re: trying to switch guild leadership. :lol: it doesn't work well.

Tried to upgrade Xianxia from Elder to Leader. No dice. Then I left the guild and rejoined. Guild leadership of Goonamancers is now in Candyleaders hands. Thats how that happened.

No idea what the default line of succession is.

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014

Soonmot posted:

Working on beating level 20 and have just enough arc to capture the horde if I manage to win.

Not going to bother with this, the stage is easy but the silence skill has a bug that doesn't wear off if a unit is the attacker. Really pissed me off when it happened.

Hagop
May 14, 2012

First one out of the Ranger gets a prize!
apping Goonamancers as Hagop

#edit or I guess just joining

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

EzEight posted:

Not going to bother with this, the stage is easy but the silence skill has a bug that doesn't wear off if a unit is the attacker. Really pissed me off when it happened.

I beat it, but only with two stars since they kept going after my cole instead of the allied Helle.

overseer07
Mar 30, 2003
Pillbug

EzEight posted:

It's not just attackers. Twice I've cruised through with Horde/Jenny/Baba/Orlok and got hung up on the boss. This last time both Orlok and Jenny were perma-silenced.

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014

overseer07 posted:

It's not just attackers. Twice I've cruised through with Horde/Jenny/Baba/Orlok and got hung up on the boss. This last time both Orlok and Jenny were perma-silenced.

Holy crap thats horrible.

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
I made it to the tenth map on the med pack daily today. Are those maps always such ridiculous bullshit or is this one special? It's got a green gem in the center that locks out other green gems, and like 90% of the gems you clear out get replaced by green gems. By the time I gave up there were maybe ten non greens scattered across the board and it was impossible for me to put together a combo to break any free

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
Just the Med pack daily map 10.

Other maps have more reasonable setups. The chain locks are total bs.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

I'm seriously starting to dislike this game. What's the point of bringing a defender if every loving wave has a skill capable of ignoring them and taking out your healer or damage dealers?

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014

the_steve posted:

I'm seriously starting to dislike this game. What's the point of bringing a defender if every loving wave has a skill capable of ignoring them and taking out your healer or damage dealers?

The annoying thing is how they arbitrarily make the later maps have enemies with levels higher than yours. Normal stages aren't supposed to be challenging they are supposed to be time sinks, event are where you taunt players for being weak.

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

the_steve posted:

Agreed. I think its a bug, with skills being thought of as an "attack"? Any idea if it works when the player is attacking?

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Exmond posted:

Agreed. I think its a bug, with skills being thought of as an "attack"? Any idea if it works when the player is attacking?

No idea. My monster collection is pretty sparse, and I don't think I have anyone who can lock down enemy units to circumvent a taunt.

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
I've been having fun with the game, but yeah there really are some aggravating mechanics to deal with. Any fight with a taunter I have to focus them down immediately or it degrades into a terrible battle of attrition between my tank's garbage damage and the taunter.

I also kind of wish the basic team size was 4 instead of 3 so I could get more variety. As it is, 90+% of my teams end up being monocolor healer/tank (depending on the enemy colors) and Helle. Before I had Helle at four stars that slot was usually whatever color attacker opposed the major enemy, but with her attack growth and the way light/dark characters interact (no colors mitigate their damage) there really hasn't been any need to switch her out

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Honestly, at this point, the characters and the puzzle aspect are all I like. I hate that subsequent waves get a free sucker punch at you if you don't clear them with a skill, since they invariably manage to one shot whoever they attack, I hate that I have fuckall options for trying to evolve my monsters to more useful forms, I hate that they get to spam crazy powerful super moves every single turn when it takes two solid board clears just for me to give Sam Hain a single sweep attack, and again, I hate that they completely nullify the concept of a tank by giving the AI a way to ignore it.

They definitely need to make some changes.

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost
Helle + Horde with the ability horde have to increase your attackers power by 20% is an insane combo.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Has anyone gotten Baron Samedi yet? I'm waiting until our next arc drop since I only have 300 right now and want that guaranteed capture.

overseer07
Mar 30, 2003
Pillbug
Yeah, I picked him up

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!
Hey for the goon guild are we promoting all "know sa" members to elders?

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Exmond posted:

Hey for the goon guild are we promoting all "know sa" members to elders?

We would be but because our former leader couldn't promote a new leader, we tried having him quit and rejoin, but that just made who ever that level 15 is the guild leader. Rip us. After this next arc drop, we may want to reform. Idk.

Question: what would you rather see in the ally slot Helle or Horde or ??

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

Soonmot posted:

We would be but because our former leader couldn't promote a new leader, we tried having him quit and rejoin, but that just made who ever that level 15 is the guild leader. Rip us. After this next arc drop, we may want to reform. Idk.

Question: what would you rather see in the ally slot Helle or Horde or ??

Im in goonamancers and I can promote "members" to the "Elder" status...

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Really? I'm elder too and while the buttons were there, nothing happened when I clicked them

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!
I contacted support and you have to manually transfer leadership via a weird way. Who wanted to be lead

Edit: Xian, can you PM me?

Exmond fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Oct 28, 2016

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

Duul more like dull.
Please summoner pick something else.

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
mines at like 5 stars now send help

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
at least I've reached the fire zone now so rameses wouldn't be too useful anyway??

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014

Exmond posted:

I contacted support and you have to manually transfer leadership via a weird way. Who wanted to be lead

Edit: Xian, can you PM me?

I'm up to be guild leader, at the moment I'm just burned out and doing dailys.

Not sure if I can PM you as I don't have that SA upgrade or SA mobile app doesn't give that option.

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

EzEight posted:

I'm up to be guild leader, at the moment I'm just burned out and doing dailys.

Not sure if I can PM you as I don't have that SA upgrade or SA mobile app doesn't give that option.

Great.. Message me at funkifytheworld @ that service with g and mail in it dot com

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
I'm gonna pass if I have to start emailing people for a mobile game. If anyone wants to become guild leader please go ahead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

EzEight posted:

I'm gonna pass if I have to start emailing people for a mobile game. If anyone wants to become guild leader please go ahead.

Hah, don't worry about it then. Support would just need your PikPok ID but Soonmot will handle it.

• Locked thread