Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
if evolution is real why am i still a monkey??

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Nosfereefer posted:

goddamn it people, evolution is pretty simple; marx evolves into engels, who in turn becomes lenin. after this cycle is concluded, you have a stalin. if it survives until next spring, it finally blossoms into a mao

i love when there are little charts and graphs, it makes it easier to understand things like evolution

Piso Mojado

Nosfereefer posted:

if evolution is real why am i still a monkey??

you're not, you're a great ape

misty mountaintop

by Hand Knit

Im Ready for DEATH posted:

Let's hash this out folks, I think that we here in byob can determine the Truth of evolution and whether- OR NOT- its real.

My opinion. It's real.

Evolution is fake. Nothing as complicated as my last relationship could have evolved without the input of an intelligent designer.

Manifisto

misty mountaintop posted:

Evolution is fake. Nothing as complicated as my last relationship could have evolved without the input of an intelligent designer.

counterpoint: evolution is real. otherwise, how did mediocre pop culture from the 1970s and 80s become "classics"?

ty nesamdoom!

City of Glompton

pretty sure the evolution I picked up is a knock-off, the price was really low and some of these seams aren't lining up quite right.

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

Historical Wizards

City of Glompton posted:

pretty sure the evolution I picked up is a knock-off, the price was really low and some of these seams aren't lining up quite right.

Could be a manufacturing defect, I think sometimes those are sold to third parties who can sell them really cheap

Many thanks Social Vegan for the wonderful av, and Fanky Malloons for the sig

Gatekeeper

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
if evolution is real then how did christ cure my alcoholism?

a: one day at a time :smugmrgw:

Matoi Ryuko

Yeah, David Duchovny was great though.

The_Book_Of_Harry

after Christian prep school (at a silly price to my parents), I somehow landed in a real university.

I was mocked mercilessly when I failed to pretend I was joking about evolution being a crackpot theory.

The_Book_Of_Harry

Gatekeeper posted:

if evolution is real then how did christ cure my alcoholism?

a: one day at a time :smugmrgw:

so....not today?

e: perhaps I project

MrWillsauce

real talk though evolution is real. I mean like how does life even make sense if you don't understand evolution

The_Book_Of_Harry

MrWillsauce posted:

real talk though evolution is real. I mean like how does life even make sense if you don't understand evolution

umm

I know I'm here, but I can't really see millennia of ancestors

despite the best efforts of genealogy.com or wtfe

Gatekeeper

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.

MrWillsauce posted:

yeah like lil kids who never get told about adam and eve and other crap like that, when they finally start wondering about "where did the first mommies and daddies come from" they almost always arrive at "hmm maybe monkeys?" entirely on their own. evolution is kinda obvious

MrWillsauce

it's obvious to me :shrug:

Im Ready for DEATH

Don't ask me if climate change is real; I really got a lot on my plate. Let's figure this one out first, please.

Instruction Manuel

Yes, it is what it looks like!

They all had a tiny meeting to determine when it would be best to sprout wings.

Historical Wizards

MrWillsauce posted:

I suppose if someone didn't believe in genetics or genes denying evolution would be easy.

:shrug:

Many thanks Social Vegan for the wonderful av, and Fanky Malloons for the sig

Gatekeeper

MrWillsauce posted:

it's obvious to me :shrug:

yeah I just realized my reply read kinda sassy, i agree its super obvious

i mean heck it's so obvious that the official Catholic stance on evolution is

1. duh
2. it makes god even more impressive because i mean dude, he just plopped some garbage down here and snoozed for a while knowing when he woke up it would have slowly become us

RazzleDazzleHour

Gatekeeper posted:

2. it makes god even more impressive because i mean dude, he just plopped some garbage down here and snoozed for a while knowing when he woke up it would have slowly become us

god was a monkey and made us in his image but we evolved and now the reason he won't hang out with us on Earth anymore like in the olden times is because he's afraid we'll bully him

alternate version of that joke: god is a single-celled organism and made us in his image but we evolved and he's been trying to hang out with us for like a bazillion years but he's so teeny tiny we can't see him

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
realtalk: evolution is a borgoise theory, only historical dialectical materialism is true

Nosfereefer

the struggle for survival in nature is, in essence, a political struggle

Nosfereefer

but, and this is an important point, this struggle is not necessarily destructive. indeed, the inherent contradictions of the cryogenian period, would for example lead to the political foundation of the animalia kingdom

devil

Please no humor about the eternal science of dialectical materialism

social vegan

if i didn't evolve from no ape then why i like banana smart guy

MrWillsauce

checkmate.

Piso Mojado

devil posted:

Please no humor about the eternal science of dialectical materialism

materials frickin own

Commie NedFlanders

Gatekeeper posted:

yeah like lil kids who never get told about adam and eve and other crap like that, when they finally start wondering about "where did the first mommies and daddies come from" they almost always arrive at "hmm maybe monkeys?" entirely on their own. evolution is kinda obvious

oh yeah i hear feral kids will just derive mathematical proofs on their own too and discover calculus if no one talks to them

☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭
Love God, Love Thy Neighbor
☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭

Commie NedFlanders

Nosfereefer posted:

realtalk: evolution is a borgoise theory, only historical dialectical materialism is true

tough but fair

☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭
☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭

Gatekeeper

Commie NedFlanders posted:

oh yeah i hear feral kids will just derive mathematical proofs on their own too and discover calculus if no one talks to them

actually they just instinctively speak hebrew

maths are not an intrinsic skill tho :(

Gatekeeper

Piso Mojado posted:

materials frickin own

maybe materials fricken own you but they dont own me, i am unencumbered by materialism as god intended when he evolved me from a lil gibbons who would make tools but never ever kept them

The_Book_Of_Harry

while the flesh perhaps gets better, improves, adapts...the spiritual decay of the species is on full display

perhaps it's no so much 'evolution' as reallocation

make u thik

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Commie NedFlanders

Gatekeeper posted:

actually they just instinctively speak hebrew

maths are not an intrinsic skill tho :(

whoa i'm inclined to believe this

☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭
☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭