Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Drifters loving owns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

I wish either the translation teams had kept up with it or dark horse actually was releasing it (its been two years) cause I really like drifters and want to see where the story is at now.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Sharkopath posted:

I wish either the translation teams had kept up with it or dark horse actually was releasing it (its been two years) cause I really like drifters and want to see where the story is at now.

There was a release two months ago? I assumed the problem was with Hirano who had scheduling problems with Hellsing too.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
The scanlation for Drifters is basically caught up with the actual releases, now, at chapter 61. The most recent Japanese chapter is 62, and that only came out in this month's (the November 2016 issue) Young King Ours.

Schubalts fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Oct 19, 2016

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

hello welcome to hiranos release schedule; its completely random

it was like this when hellsing was still going on too

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Schubalts posted:

The scanlation for Drifters is basically caught up with the actual releases, now, at chapter 61. The most recent Japanese chapter is 62, and that only came out in this month's (the November 2016 issue) Young King Ours.

Oh nevermind then.

Except the Dark Horse sentiment, thats still true.

No new BBB either.

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

this show is cool. the samurai dude bashing the lords head in with his sheath was awesome.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Something about this manga keeps me reading, but I could not tell you what. I guess it does something for me, despite me having had my fill of Hellsing some time ago.

It might be Nobunaga. It's gotta be.

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer
I hadn't heard of the manga but I love how Hirano's still doing "let's just put the character in shadow, show only one crazy eye, and a demented grin" with his scenes.

Please tell me that Douglas MacArthur is going to get pulled into history and completely gently caress poo poo up

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

You mean more than he hosed up in real life? lol

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
The premise of this series is so fun and batshit someone needs to pitch a live action version of it to HBO as the replacement for Game of Thrones when it ends.

Granted most Americans won't know who half the historic figures are.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice
I knew a vague amount about sengoku era stuff, but this show taught me why Yoichi's Bow is such a good item in lots of Final Fantasy games.

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

I dont give a gently caress about any of the five million japanese characters except for the main dude, nobunaga and the pilot

Give me more bad dudes like Hannibal

What I'm saying is Attila the Hun should show up with Genghis Khan and murder people

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

this show is p good

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!
https://twitter.com/Story_terror/status/789473728837001217

Same person. :eng101:

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

The weird rear end use of modern tactics like battlefield communication with talismans, binoculars for scouting and paradropping troops via dragon by the ENDs monster army ftw

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

This show is good fun. I wish they had a little more variety for their psychopath faces though. There's only so many faces with giant smiles and bulging eyes one can be exposed to before it loses its effect.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
this is a good show

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Potentially stupid question: when the fantasy-folk talk, it sounds like it's reversed Japanese or something? Is it recognizably Japanese or are there subtitles for the show as it airs, or....?

I mean, for all I know it could be a regional accent, but I just speak English so I don't know and I'm curious.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

StrixNebulosa posted:

I mean, for all I know it could be a regional accent, but I just speak English so I don't know and I'm curious.

Sounds like a really heavy accent to me, although I couldn't say which one (if it's even a real one).

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

It's nonsense language that uses Japanese phonemes mixed with some latin ones, they're speaking it phonetically.

Domestically it airs with subs for that dialogue, also for the op since the song is english.

Sharkopath fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Oct 22, 2016

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

This show is dumb. It sings to me.

More crowds of fantasy races singing 'na na na na na na na, na na na na na na na' please.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

I'm a psycho gamer drifter.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
how much of the manga is this going to cover?

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Jose posted:

how much of the manga is this going to cover?

First pv showed scenes from the latest volumes so all of it, at least in part.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

We're already up to chappie 11, for instance, if you wanted to read along.

It'll probably end up somewhere around chappie 40-50 with 12 episodes.

Sharkopath fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Oct 22, 2016

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

I really did enjoy how the fighter pilot got a ptsd flashback of his town getting carpet bombed by american planes from the dragons setting the fortress ablaze. That seemed to be good enough motivation to want to want to kill a few dragon riders as a way to get revenge against an enemy you can't ever hope to defeat.

Though I am a little sad that Hirano decided to nerf his gunmen by making it so their bullet supply is hard to come by.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
lol

Amstrad
Apr 4, 2007

To destroy evil you must become an even greater evil.

Sharkopath posted:

It's nonsense language that uses Japanese phonemes mixed with some latin ones, they're speaking it phonetically.

Domestically it airs with subs for that dialogue, also for the op since the song is english.

There was another show that did this, but I can't remember which.

Edit: Oh yeah, it was 'The Devil Is a Part Timer'

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

This eppie reminded me of something that got brought up in the comic but hasn't been explored yet, that even though its a bit obvious who the black king is supposed to be, he might just be lying.

Mainly because the level of tactics and strategy used by the black king army is very very advanced stuff, adaptions of modern arms and communication strategy that weren't used when any of the lieutenants were alive, so where'd that come from...

Nine of Eight
Apr 28, 2011

LICK IT OFF, AND PUT IT BACK IN
Dinosaur Gum

Sharkopath posted:

This eppie reminded me of something that got brought up in the comic but hasn't been explored yet, that even though its a bit obvious who the black king is supposed to be, he might just be lying.

Mainly because the level of tactics and strategy used by the black king army is very very advanced stuff, adaptions of modern arms and communication strategy that weren't used when any of the lieutenants were alive, so where'd that come from...

Deep in my heart when they were revealing the lieutenants I really wanted MacArthur as a comedy figure, even though I have an idea who you're hinting towards.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Sharkopath posted:

Oh no please tell me this thread isn't getting Godwined.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Big Boner Stacy posted:

Oh no please tell me this thread isn't getting Godwined.

That person is a drifter but it's NOT the Black King

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I imagine there's some later-century tacticians on the Dark King's side.

The drifters did well to get Scipio Africanus and Hannibal though.

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Sharkopath posted:

Hirano did a comment section once where someone straight up asked him if the Black King is who it is and he said "yup, but I can't actually call him by his name because a bunch of people would get really pissed :)"

e: also plutonis please remove the spoilers from the op so the orte empire reveal isn't ruined

HerraS fucked around with this message at 13:56 on Oct 24, 2016

Mygna
Sep 12, 2011

Sharkopath posted:

Anastasia Romanov and Rasputin (I presume that's who that is) lived through most of WW1 though, you'd expect them to have heard of radios and airforces even if they weren't exactly military commanders.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

So how many eps will it take for Incognito to show up this time.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Mygna posted:

Anastasia Romanov and Rasputin (I presume that's who that is) lived through most of WW1 though, you'd expect them to have heard of radios and airforces even if they weren't exactly military commanders.

And presumably, the Black King would be able to gather a few tacticians and strategists competent enough to make use of those two's testimony, even if they didn't have any personal familiarity with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

It's just one throwaway line of one character questioning if he really is who he says he is, on account of the air rappelling troops bit, which implies it was his idea

The anime definitely won't cover it but it's an interesting idea that the comic might touch again in the future.

Sharkopath fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Oct 24, 2016

• Locked thread