Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
Catching up on the thread and every time I saw the Paige murder shrine picture I kept thinking really hard about who I would love to have one devoted to. Probably Big Poppa Pump.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC

Uncle Kitchener posted:

Wrestling is a goldmine.

Except the business itself.

this avatar killed Kurt Eichenwald

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
I say that Mickie, Maryse, Lana et al are the smartest cookies, because they found another trip to the pay windah

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
Fuckin love the Kevin Dunn by way of alex greenfield TITSS!! line and will never be upset when someone references it

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC

6EQUJ5 6 7 posted:

I feel left out. What is the reference?

Former wwe writer posted a lengthy comment on this article: https://www.cagesideseats.com/2014/7/1/5857390/hi-my-name-is-kevin-dunn#243156405

quote:

Case in point, one of the big rubs on KD: he’s a misogynist influence on the product. I can tell you this is absolutely true and I learned it almost from jump street. One of the long term stories I’m most proud of from my time at WWE was being the principal producer on the Trish Stratus/Mickie James “Single White Female” story. There’s no humble in the brag when I say we grabbed the audience by the throat by a couple weeks into the angle and our quarter-hour ratings bore that out.

The first time we were given a crossover segment because the story was getting over, KD fought it tooth and nail. He fought us every week. Show was heavy? KD wanted to cut Trish/Mickie. “Temple of Trish” segment? KD argued that we needed more action and people would get bored. Lesbian kiss? “Trish has gotta like it!” Every single element, he wanted both protagonist and villain to be sexier and stupider.

Perhaps the following scene will be more instructive. You are on the WWE corporate jet. Imagine every rock star plane in any movie: four captain’s chairs facing each other in the front. Behind them, two benches facing each other across the aisle on which are crammed the writers. The captains? Vince, KD, Michael Hayes, HHH (Steph was on maternity leave, of Hayes would have been on the bench). We’re flying back from TV after taping one of the early WWECW shows. Kelly Kelly has just been introduced as the domestic [violence] partner of Mike Knox.

Hayes: She just feels cold, you know? She’s not connecting.
Vince: Mm. She needs to find her sensuality.

KD hops up and down in seat with sniggering laughter in that “Hey, boss, pay attention to me” way. Vince turns to him.

KD: She NEEEEDS to find some TITS!

KD continues to snicker, eyes on Vince, begging for approval. Vince snorts. Conversation continues.

• Locked thread