Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Lot can happen in a year

Lot can happen in months

Lot can happen in a day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

:stare:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

AMReese posted:

I posted that because of the person that liked that post, not because I found it illuminating or whatever.

The guy that dated a Nazi has no room to talk about other people making bad relationship choices

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Super No Vacancy posted:

i do want to be clear that this is the wrestling business and theres no way it doesnt end terribly for all involved

Maybe it starting terribly with the contracts and drug tests and stabbing means this will buck the trend and be a reverse wrestling story

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Korelle posted:

Hmm a father has concerns about his daughter marrying someone 15 years her senior after a short romance while he's still in the middle of a messy divorce. Clearly it must be because he's some massive racist.

Somethingawfulforums.txt

Not taking sides explicitly in this post, just saying on the record it wasn't concerning enough to him he posted about it on social media when two other older white men proposed to her

Karmine posted:

Can someone explain to me what it is that makes Alberto's divorce so messy other than people expecting that all divorces are messy?

Sounds like it's "guy with kids with wife cheats on wife with someone 15 years younger than him and she finds out by social media pics"

Which admittedly is messier and less common than the average wrestling/WWE thing of "two people tour together for years, fall in love, and if either are already in a relationship that other person pieces it together quick and/or gets dumped".

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I love this thread and think it should be goldmined if it's ever locked

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Natalya is a great friend and I hope nobody in the company gets mad at her for supporting Paige

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

smh reese

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Mulaney Power Move posted:

I really want to know what Paige's drug of choice is. I feel like it's the unknown variable that could change the game in all of this.

*raises up bottles* THIS IS MY XANAX

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

RacistGuidingLight posted:

Let's all speculate on the saddest aspects of a person's life as she goes through what should be the happiest moments of her life.

Its over 9000!

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Success breads

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I hope he gave the gremlin more fight than Shatner did. Plane gremlins are no joke

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

:[

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

:swoon:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Del Rio getting his rear end kicked by a sober Scott Hall would just be another notch in the downward spiral

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

It got funnier

https://twitter.com/therealfredo/status/809107121048457216

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

NOOOOOOO

https://twitter.com/therealfredo/status/809106194820272130

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

thank you oatgan

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Except for the turtles they beat up for very little to no reason

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Reby and Matt were able to have a whole company listening to their every word, with a hit never-ending angle

In order for Del Rio and Paige to pull that off, Del Rio has to show up and stay at an event the company holds long enough for the angle to start, let alone continue. This is practically an insurmountable task you're asking him to do here

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The turtle is the real parent, not Paige

Congrats Alberto

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

coconono posted:

For having an insanely rich daughter married to an attractive man?

Paige's dad (and apparently others in the family) hates Del Rio because he thinks he's a troublemaker

And let's be fair, history's kinda heavily siding with him on that right now

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Ok marx I'm a turtle talk about it

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

projecthalaxy posted:

Do you think Alberto del Rio knows, I mean really knows that wrestling isn't real

I think he knows and wants to fix that

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

:rip:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

rare Magic card l00k posted:

WWE put up a video of awkward moments in WWE history within a few hours of the leaks hitting, so it's entirely possible they're having a chuckle at the whole thing.

To be fair there, it was International Awkward Moments Day that day

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I wonder if there'll be a cocky pricks chant

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Del Rio pulled out of WrestleCon

quote:

Due to the invasion of our privacy, I need to be home with the person that needs me more at the moment and our family. Thanks for your support and I'll be seeing you next time.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I like that nobody even noticed him implying WWE leaked the tapes

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Congratulations to the new Global Force Wrestling World Heavyweight Champion Alberto El Patron

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Origin posted:

They must have told him they really didn't have any plans to sign him for this to happen.

He's main eventing Slammiversary to also win the TNA World title. It's honestly incredible, they found a way to reward him with two world titles for showing up

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

That DICK! posted:

trouble in perrodise

Add this to the title

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

quote:

Alberto El Patron was supposed to be at a live event in Des Moines, IA tonight and he dropped apparently

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I can't believe the guy who randomly beat up a ninja turtle was prone to violence

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/adr_fans/status/859506405530681344 Swagger and Del Rio headlining three nights in Mexico

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Del Rio did an interview with WrestlingInc

On Ryback claiming promotions won't do well in India because people are poor posted:

*laughs* That really makes me laugh. To be honest, I really like Ryback. He's a guy that...*laughs* I mean, I like the guy, he's a nice person. But I mean - it's ridiculous that someone like him, who hasn't done much in the business...he had some good times. In WWE, he had some good moments, he had a good run, he had a good career. But he hasn't really done anything in this business yet. And I'm putting this in the nicest way because I like the guy. I don't want to disrespect the guy. But his comment is completely stupid.

On how he said the last interview he had there he'd be in the business for maybe 3 more years and is that still true posted:

Yes, definitely. Definitely. I'm not going to be doing this for too long. I'm tired, I'm just tired. I'm going to stop doing so many shows outside of the US. I'm going to come back to India anytime they need me with Impact Wrestling. But I'm not going to do so many shows in Europe. I just cancelled one of the shows in Chile.

On his future posted:

Well, I'm going to retire from pro wrestling soon. And if everything goes well, I will stay at Impact working as an agent, a producer.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Jarrett was in charge of it, so it never stood a chance

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

He was granted his release in March and has been wrestling on indies since May 19. If WWE cared or could stop him they would have way before now

• Locked thread