Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
We have time to figure it out. Pera said she did it, but if she's scum it could have been a trade off for the team to get enhanced powers etc. In a role madness game why else resurrect an honest visitor?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

I also was able to target Chores N1 as well to steal his role, but I don't know if that's, like, an active targeting?

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Quidthulhu posted:

I also was able to target Chores N1 as well to steal his role, but I don't know if that's, like, an active targeting?

Maybe lightning rod doesn't redirect actions that target dead players.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
I was waffling at the time and have been having memory problems recently. I thought I'd ultimately decided on rb and my sent PMs clearly show me doing otherwise. It would be nothing to have just lied and said it was an rb and ya'll can keep believing that if you want but I wanted to correct my error yeah

I have only received two PMs from Anarc wrt this game: my role and my n1 Rez success. If no pm means my action failed, then all other actions failed. That would be news to me though since she took the time to correct that my rb of quid failed. is this useful? is this meaningful at all? who knows

Regarding information - what, I keep flailing with roleblocks hoping to hit the last scum or whatever? Maybe somebody lies about something pertaining to it. gently caress if I know.

No scum team is ever gonna rush me because I'm always gonna come out looking scummy as hell but I'm trying to put all the information I could possibly get in ya'lls hands.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
I have written before on my motivation to rez chores but in summary: solid player, how can confirmed town be bad? Surely scum will kill me quickly so let's use this. Instead, here we are

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
Quid for real if you're scum and you nailed this masterstroke idea you earned it. way to go buddy I'm proud of you

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Podima posted:

And then you've withheld the entire game, despite apparently having multiple vig shots?

well. look back over at what I've done. I killed chores, a town player, then tried mr.f, who was a jester. not exactly the most useful kills from a town perspective.

pera seems to be flailing around aimlessly and it's really pinging me (and everyone) I imagine, but why exactly are you fishing so hard for roles and pressing us to full claim right now?

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
I freely admit to flailing around aimlessly

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stickup, shoot pera or Tobbs.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

is it really that hard to believe that a lightning rod could be "all actions that can target you do", and "resurrect target dead player" can't

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Quidthulhu posted:

Stickup, shoot pera or Tobbs.

Shoot me, lynch tobbs.gg

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
It could be Stickup. He cast shade on one confirmed town (the quid vote at the end of the prior day) and the other confirmed town died that night to remind us all of the PM loophole he called out. If you're scum facing multiple confirmed town, you want to do anything you can to discredit or kill them.

Also he's been riding the day vig cred most of this game, but let's not forget - he killed town, and he's claiming a third night killing role (in addition to scum and SK) in a 17 person game. That's a bit much, upon further consideration.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

this is a stickup posted:

also re: quid later, day vig is confirmed, I'm 99% sure there is a night vig that could have been pulled in by the rod, but afaik any action including a scum kill would be pulled in too, why would you be confused about him being dead?

This is an odd thing to say considering he is claiming to have tried to kill Mr. F on N1?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I guess he did mention it here:

No, I didn't rez chores. I'm king of tokyo, I can pick people and stomp on them. apparently it's the shark that does the actual killing but that's all that my role does.

I did actually try to vig him (sorry mags) but my action failed. I actually had the feeling he was fishing for a vig to soak up or something like that rather than a lynch, and I thought I might just indulge him because I was curious about whatever cool power he was going to use. My first post addressing his jester claim was "you can be killed in other was"

what I was saying is "I'm going to kill you", that's also why I asked if he stood by that claim later on

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Also there's no shark in King of Tokyo, but that's not the slam dunk I want it to be given that not all flips/deaths have had flavor.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

stick's opinions seem very idk floaty

like, on d1, it's

tobbs is flailing scum -> vote AR -> shoot chores and i don't really... buy it

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

He soft pushes me on D2 before going hard for me at the end of last day which is kinda silly

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Quidthulhu posted:

He soft pushes me on D2 before going hard for me at the end of last day which is kinda silly

I'm phone posting but i recall he also then made a town call on you near the end of one day, and then pivoting back to push you as you said.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Quidthulhu posted:

This is an odd thing to say considering he is claiming to have tried to kill Mr. F on N1?

I was trying to not let on that I also was the night vig at that very moment. also it was 2 shot, one day one night. I was hoping to soak up an NK by not confirming by still being a PR

Podima posted:

Also there's no shark in King of Tokyo, but that's not the slam dunk I want it to be given that not all flips/deaths have had flavor.

this is a hilariously dumb thing to say. all the flips HAVE had flavor, and I don't believe that you haven't figured it out. the flavor for death is based on the game that the dead player has.

chores was a shark because he was forbidden island. tm dies to electricity because he was power grid. AA was some train game and was run over by a train. taste was literally cthulhu and was eaten by a monster.

you expect me to believe you haven't realized this?

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

I still think it's weird that on the heels of saying we should lynch imgay, quid jumped straight to "chores is literally so annoying that we should just vig him and get it over with"

it's literally the same reasoning that was presented against imgay, which pod and quid were both against. feels pretty opportunistic on quid's part to be mentioning chores (an easy target for content reasons) in that light after attacking myself and moat for it

reminder that this is what made me look at quid. nothing invalid about this.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
also fwiw I was leaning rifle, pod and quid. apparently quid is confirmed town but that could also be complete bullshit if you're both in a scumdoc.

not surprising that the three of them are not putting together the flimsiest "case" ever on me right now and twisting what I said

Podima posted:

Also he's been riding the day vig cred most of this game, but let's not forget - he killed town, and he's claiming a third night killing role (in addition to scum and SK) in a 17 person game. That's a bit much, upon further consideration.

and this, I'm literally the one that told you not to believe dayvig = town, YOU are the one who has been pushing me along via dayvig cred

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

the three of them are now putting together the flimsiest "case" ever

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Podima posted:

actually, the funniest thing about this post is that you are the one that said me killing chores was extremely towny. :lol:

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
I figured with two scum flipped and an SK we had 1, possibly 2 scum left. PMOM came out of nowhere and pointed at Krell, and even though he was free lunch that's a pretty quick bus right after replacing in.

I'm still considering Quid confirmed town per Podima and Podima's play. For them to be faking that and scum together would be awful play. If Quid flipped scum Pod would be lunch and that would be it. I've already voiced my concerns about pera, but the fact that she's claimed actions, them failing, and is now backtracking to say she hasn't received anything from ANarc since rezzing chores is extremely concerning.

Pera is still my first choice, stickup a close second, and PMom an eye-squintingly distant third.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
I do have that in-thread confirmation that the rb on Quid (thankfully) failed. Not that we know why it did. But anarc did say in-thread that it failed. She just didn't PM me about it.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

peramene posted:

I do have that in-thread confirmation that the rb on Quid (thankfully) failed. Not that we know why it did. But anarc did say in-thread that it failed. She just didn't PM me about it.

Ahhh that is a good point. Still a lot of missing actions, which usually means actions in the scumdoc.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Yeah I feel better about voting stickup than the other two people on the table

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

He's being fairly coy about how many vig's he has, too, and apparently now has none? Why not announce that at beginning of the day?

Comfortable with a Stickup vote.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

##vote This Is A Stickup

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
this is the scum team right here folks.

you once again didn't even read what is written and I'm in a lot if pain right now, so I'm just going to omgus you and rest ##vote quid

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Yeah there's no way there is any scum "team" left. We have had 2 flipped scum and 2 flipped 3p. 2 more scum would make it 6 bad people vs. 11 good. That's pretty unbalanced. 1 remaining scum makes more sense.

Your case is also super weak. I did read what was written. You've just been all over the place.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I haven't seen anyone talk about Pod

is he confirmed/semi-confirmed?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

He's not confirmed (to my knowledge), his play has just been solid. I don't think he's scum.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Quidthulhu posted:

He's not confirmed (to my knowledge), his play has just been solid. I don't think he's scum.

I agree, and with him vouching for you as an honest visitor, to me you are legit confirmed. Stickup voting for you doesn't make any sense to me.

Trying to vote out confirmed town is a scum move.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
I came back to check the deadline, it's in a while so we have time to discuss. lynch me if you want to confirm, in which case look hard at pod.

but you're right, I forgot we had a second flip, there are probably 2 max. I kept mixing this game up with asiina's game which is maybe why I've been erratic with opinions, but said before somewhere I was leaning pod in the thread over someone I don't even remember. tbh I still think it's pod, he has contradicted himself repeatedly throughout the entire thread

##unvote cause omgus is dumb. I'm going to bury my head under a pillow now

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

a case against pod would be, what

-lots of mechanics-chat
-never once voted for flipped scum

I wasn't around so I don't have a sense for the rhythm of the game, i can't really get a grasp on his engagement

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

not real interaction with krell (which, sure) but some light defense of taste here

Podima posted:

For Somber, Jon Fisk's meager posts aren't really enough to go off of, and that basic defense of tobbs is hardly the smoking gun Somber seems to think it is. (Also his weird PM-nitpicky push on pera seemed fake to me.) Taste isn't dumb enough to hard defend a scumbud like that on day 1.

Podima posted:

taste did not "uncharacteristically defend" tobbs, he literally said "i dont recognize them"

you are making a scum call based on the assumption that taste, noted lack-of-care mafia player, said they didn't like a bad case on another player on d1.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

tbh I still think it's pod, he has contradicted himself repeatedly throughout the entire thread

Can you back this up?

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

this is a hilariously dumb thing to say. all the flips HAVE had flavor, and I don't believe that you haven't figured it out. the flavor for death is based on the game that the dead player has.

chores was a shark because he was forbidden island. tm dies to electricity because he was power grid. AA was some train game and was run over by a train. taste was literally cthulhu and was eaten by a monster.

you expect me to believe you haven't realized this?

First: Not true, some flips have had flavor and some have not.

Second: The flips that have had flavor have been related to the games that died in some way - but NOTABLY, Forbidden Island has no sharks and you claimed that the shark was part of YOUR flavor.

No, I didn't rez chores. I'm king of tokyo, I can pick people and stomp on them. apparently it's the shark that does the actual killing but that's all that my role does.

It's not unreasonable that a dayvig kill would have flavor coinciding with the dayvig.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Also, Stickup is probably talking about how I reversed myself on him from the start of the game day - my gut call was that his attempt to pull off of the imgay vote seemed towny, but upon further consideration I realized it could be read very differently when combined with his immediate push on the people who voted for imgay to start the next day off.

##vote stickup

Also, Quid, who did you confirm yourself to last night?

• Locked thread