Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Place me in your closet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Jesus christ people grow up

Trump's America

:sad:

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
I'm really bad at gossip guys why are we snubbing anarcs game?

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Good let's do this then

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Sorry anarc I would have totally shitposted all over this game.

Will sign up in The future if you decide to re run it

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Gonna unfollow pm if it starts up again

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Put me in coach

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
PUCKINS

also my ability is cool as poo poo

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Toot toot! All aboard the mafia train.

I don't know if I have a ticket to ride

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Also I am here to play this game now and I have never played my game or heard of it

Unironically this

##vote imgay

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Hey guys I don't know what you're doing but only serious votes from now on

We live in a post-jokephase Mafia society now

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

this is a stickup posted:

well fine then. you're leaving me no choice but to ##vote moat

The thread will be punished for this insolence

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
I, moatillata, am a town aligned board game

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Podima posted:

I see #1 as a town-leaning thing actually. It's a stupid brag to make but not one I see scum doing in their first confirmation post. Your "serious" vote is pretty bad actually, buddy!!!

that being said, moat being all eager to hop in the second a lie detector is mentioned rubs me the wrong way.

Sorry pod in the future I will try to rub you all the right ways

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

I'm seriously voting moat because nothing has happened yet, but I'm not seriously making a case against moat for exactly the same reason

But are you a good drummer?

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Vote imgay for great success

begins rubbing stickups elbow suggestively

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

If you rub me the right way, I'll vote for whoever you want

Apparently elbows arent the key here, I'm at a loss on how to get this imgay vote going

Gonna try counterclockwise over the belly button

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Hell if I know. I'm a scrub and not a good maf player lol.

Anyhow toot toot. I hear a train a comin'.

Did I not correctly guess your game?

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
What game are you mags?

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

imgay posted:

my board game would reveal my role

https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/6748/scum-food-chain-game

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

imgay posted:

hey y'all moat here i googled this spergy boardgame

That's not how my voice sounds

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Quid is in a bit of a slump rn sticky once he hits his stride he will go at you like a spider monkey

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

This was my first thought as well. Doing nothing to Mr F is the best choice.

Good call how about we vote imgay for true mafia wins

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Anaconda Rifle posted:

Assuming imgay is town, wouldn't just having a town body later on in the game be a contribution?

You would think so...

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
So many white knights itt

Not enough damsels

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
I would also vote tobbs rn he is being way too careful

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
I mean his post is like "hmmm who is this imgay fellow, let me read his game history" when he has played plenty of games with imgay as many as I have at least

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Morning chores

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

I remember being a kid and wanting to play that game. Never got a chance to try it.

I played the first one no others and it was p awesome. Little tobbs missed out

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

I played one where I remember him posting, I think it was the game where rules were suspended.

He killed himself.

You have played with him in

The league 3
Molyneux Land
Slasher
Third party apocalypse
No holds barred
Back to basics

And that's all I'm willing to do on my phone rn. I'm sure there are more.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

got some chores tonight posted:

other ppl who dont play mafia are harold krell and peramene and quidnose in half of the games he signs up for and absurd revolver recently so this game will be difficult for town

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Tired Moritz posted:

I kinda get the logic why Stickup might be maf but I don't see why a maf would do something so risky, bringing themselves attention like this. I'm more suspicious of people who are lurking right now, in my opinion, aka AR, AR2, AA, HK etc.

I do not like this post

Also I think tobbs is scum

##vote tobbs

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Quidthulhu posted:

The options for Mr. F, in likelihood of their happening:

1. Mags being bored town and claiming a fake role to get crap going
2. Mags being bored town and claiming his actual role
3. Mags being bored scum and pulling a gambit that will get him dunked D2.

Of the three I find 1 or 2 waaaay more likely

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Sorry that your imgay bus ran out of gas Moat.

You've got Quid doing the work for you here so maybe this one will work out better?

Tobbs; sweet, sweet Tobbs.

D1 no reads. Imgay is a non factor in most games I play. I figure why not, push for his lynch without much else to go on either way town wins imo. Also it would be interesting to see how people react to it.

If people react scummy, I shall respond accordingly (I say to myself in secret words that only I can hear)

And here we are

Quid is seeing what I was seeing, I'm not sure if that's good or bad time will tell

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Lol, so exact same argument for voting imgay as stickup, except you don't think stickup is scum.

- Poor framing (stick-up has played one game with imgay, I have played many this makes a difference)

-Putting words in my mouth (I have never said stick-up isn't scum, I am leaning neutral on him rn)

-oversimplification

Hmmmm not gonna budge

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Podima posted:

I don't like this overcomplicated puppetmaster defense when you pushed for an imgay lynch two separate times (three if you count a jokevote).

Maybe a Sicilian defense next time

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Mr. F! posted:

Could you expound on your reasoning behind this?

Sure

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

As much as it rubs me the wrong way, I have to agree with Podima. I can't see Mr. F's claim as a scum gambit. It was an unnecessary distraction, sure, but a vote for Mr. F post-jokephase is decidedly scummy. Barring some evidence proving he's lying, the risk of losing an entire day phase is really bad.

##vote Infinitum

Hedging qualified vote coupled with

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

This is a fairly content-lite thread, largely due to Shine as others have mentioned. Also, people are hinting at having fairly neat abilities so they might be playing more cautiously in hopes of getting a chance to use them.

This may turn into a game of "night-action mafia" but we still have to do our best to judge everyone's play and pick the best lynch, given that the deadline is tonight.

Politicking for the new guy continuing with

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

I did more reading of imgay in other threads, and he declares night action results and he votes. Yeah, he's not very verbose, but lynching someone because "He's generally not very engaged when he plays" doesn't seem like a very good reason.

If he's town, isn't there a chance he'll soak a night kill? I shouldn't ride people too hard for making meta cases because I fall into that trap myself, but I generally do it based on how people are playing, not the kind of player someone is.

I agree on some points, in that imgay is practically impossible to read because of his low-content posts, but is he our best D1 lynch?

White knighting imgay in a weird fashion that seems like he has to research him (even tho he has played with him a bunch)

I say

Moatillata posted:

So many white knights itt

Not enough damsels

Moatillata posted:

I would also vote tobbs rn he is being way too careful

His response?

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

good catch ;)

There's a reason for it, although I hope I don't have to give it up :(

Smiley faces? Good catch? Not wanting to give up info? This is very untobbsian to me

So, I then point out his odd defense of imgay

Moatillata posted:

I mean his post is like "hmmm who is this imgay fellow, let me read his game history" when he has played plenty of games with imgay as many as I have at least

Here is is a politicians response

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

I played one where I remember him posting, I think it was the game where rules were suspended.

He killed himself.

I point out his lurid game history with imgay

Moatillata posted:

You have played with him in

The league 3
Molyneux Land
Slasher
Third party apocalypse
No holds barred
Back to basics

And that's all I'm willing to do on my phone rn. I'm sure there are more.

Here's his "I did not have sexual relations response"

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

I've played with him in one game where I remember him posting is what I believe I said :)

Literally the only thing I ever remember him doing was killing himself in YPM's game. (he said yell imgay and he died)

Now quid jumps in and agrees with the tobbs scum vibes

Quidthulhu posted:

Getting scum Tobbs vibes from this but I can't remember which game it was he played like a play-by-play broadcaster for the mafia game. Was that one where I pushed him as scum when he was town or was he actually scum?

I play too much mafia.

This is in reference to his imgay white knight

Quidthulhu posted:

This is a very hedgey post that says nothing and as a conclusion puts the onus of a decision on literally anyone but himself.

He then spends some time buddying up to quid which I am not gonna go thru and quote

Does that answer it mags? Or were you talking about not liking TM?

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Imo it's AR and conda or rifle

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Anaconda Rifle posted:

Concrete stances on flimsy info. The pushing of weak cases. I guess that's the whole game though: even with the concrete info of night actions, everything else is just talk.

I'll re-read all the posts and get to voting.

Lol I like this guy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Moat.

The guy (imgay) rarely strings together more than 6 words at a time. He doesn't stick out in my head. I still think you and stickup made a lovely, scummy case for lynching him D1.

You can pat yourself on the back all you want for using the forum's search function to see how many games we've played together, but to me he remains a non-entity until other people set him up as a bus, which rubs me the wrong way regardless of how he chooses to play.

Two things:

(1) I don't see how I'm patting myself on the back? Mags asked me for a rehash..

(2) "rubbing" is def the theme of this game. Like if this game was peewees playhouse all the furniture would be losing their poo poo rn

• Locked thread