Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
sure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
*sets full glass of beer next to the board*

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
*makes casual conversation while riffling and bending your cards*

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
*plays on his phone while everyone takes their turn*

"oh is it me now? okay let's see what we got."

*takes twelve minutes to make a simple move*

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
yo

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
quid did you scum claim?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
he's tired.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
That doesn't sound like much fun!

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Mr. F! posted:

My boardgame is Love Letter.

uhhhhhhhh are you sure?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Mr. F! posted:

DO NOT CLAIM TO COUNTER ME.

My role pm text says im love letter but the picture of my boardgame says Letters from WhiteChapel

lmao i believe you

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
i mostly feel like being a nice party boy instead of a serious fightboy. shine broke me.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Mr. F! posted:

You'll always be a partyboy in my heart.

I miss your old sombrero avatar

yeah i didn't buy this. it's not a turnip tho!

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
i like that case Quid.

sorry i haven't done more, my posting qi is totally depleted

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
yeah i think attempts to meta quid are silly. he's a solid player, end of story.

i'm trying to read this thread but i had a pretty bad asthmatic episode last night and i'm loopy at work from lack of sleep.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
okay i'm setting aside a half hour or so to reread. who should i be looking at?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Moatillata posted:

- Poor framing (stick-up has played one game with imgay, I have played many this makes a difference)

-Putting words in my mouth (I have never said stick-up isn't scum, I am leaning neutral on him rn)

-oversimplification

Hmmmm not gonna budge

well i don't like this at least. needlessly aggressive and tobbs doesn't seem too far off here. looks like tobby is trying to legitimately engage.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
i can't tell if this is quid trying to stir poo poo up and make something happen day one or if he's fakey fake.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
i don't know this is hard. who blocked my posting chakras?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
##vote moatzilla

hey pod who are you scumb picks?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
That's not a callout, you've just posted a fair amount and I want to know where you landed.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Anaconda Rifle posted:

As things stand right now, I'm going to abstain from voting. I see the case against Tobbs, but I don't think there's enough yet to vote. It's louder than the noise of the Mr. F/Infinitum interaction earlier.

you should really vote. a no-lynch is the worst possible d1 outcome.

tobbs dies a lot in games i play and i'd rather give him the benefit of the doubt.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Mr. F! posted:

Sorry about not being around for the lynch. I fell asleep super early then.

same, i've been super sick this week.

that seems like a weird rez choice? how did it go through if there's a lightning rod?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Absurd Revolver posted:

gonna just claim my role before people try to kill me again

i am settlers of catan and i trade a limited amount of resources for one-shot powers

i start with 3 wood and 3 sheep, and i can either get one one-shot doc, or two of one-shot cop and one-shot vig by doing up to 2 1:1 trades for other resources per night

i cannot build a one-shot on the same night i trade, and i traded last night

what the gently caress

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Quidthulhu posted:

##vote AR role could be scum

how's that?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
oh, i missed that. i don't know if that's a decision most people would make? let me go read back through ar.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Absurd Revolver posted:

i'm the best game

no lies don't hate

who's favorite game is settlers? gently caress, that's bizarre. what reason is there to even play settlers anymore? it's notable only for its historic value if anything.

the tobbs case is definitely forced. i could see that as a null read in a vacuum, but it's weird that AR throws shade on tobbs softclaiming when he's kinda doing the same thing. the followup of acknowledging tobbs meta trends this way is strange too.

Absurd Revolver posted:

also i'm not going to say he's not scum this game because he might be but i wouldn't vote for chores right now

??? okay

Absurd Revolver posted:

Listen. I know Tobbs. I knew him before he was Tobbs.

This is a scum tobbs, because he's using smilies and he's not taking things DEADLY loving SERIOUSLY and trying to skate by.

Yes, it's a loving meta read I'm giving now and I'm angry about it but I know this, down to my balls I know he's scum.

I wouldn't vote chores because Tobbs Gnawed backwards is dongsbot and thus opposites and thus chores = town.

previously states that meta is dumb, is voting based on meta.

his posting today reads like bargaining more than indignation. given what powers we've seen so far i'd be surprised if narco gave him something so restricted. how does trading work anyway? it seems convoluted and with the lightning rod a little fishy.

##vote absurd revolver

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
good.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Absurd Revolver posted:

yeah i give up i really don't have time for this and subbing in makes no sense since you're gonna lynch me anyway

##vote AR

are you scum?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
settlers isn't even for nerds. it's for no one.

like if you're into board games as a hobby then you're going to find it entirely too variant and overly long for the lack of depth.

if you're not into board games why not just play several light games instead? or go see a movie, no one is making you play board games.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Mr. F! posted:

My friends and I play settlers because they dont enjoy board games that much. Settlers is good for people who dont have friends open to board games lol

if they're not into board games and you have a group of 4-5 players why not play something like codenames, or cash n' guns, or mysterium?

i don't want to yuck your yum i just don't get it.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
you're allowed to like what you like, it's just confusing to me since there are way better casual games out there!

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
in my experience board game meets are weeeeird but you probably get a better mix of people in new york.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
but yeah let's hammer revolver so we can go home.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

got some chores tonight posted:

thats a really good bastard role so im sure we'll see it in somber's next game

i'm presigning you

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
that shelf is really great.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Harold Krell posted:

Also, lynching people who say they want to be lynched is probably not the best idea.

I do actually agree with Krell here. I'm not willing to make a big stink over it, but how does this help us in any way?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
if we're going to dunk lurkers we should do it tomorrow when it's a free action.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
oh duh, i thought we were restricted to two ~for some reason~

##vote peramene she know what she did.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
i'm 3rd dimensional chess. try to stay on my level.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

peramene posted:

I would now like to claim responsibility for resurrecting chores

how'd it go through with the rod?

• Locked thread