Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

They are teasing something cowboy related at least: https://twitter.com/RockstarGames

I hope they make a PC port this time if it's the case.

18th October 2016:
Cool, it's confirmed: http://www.rockstargames.com/reddeadredemption2

Fall 2017.

20th October 2016:
First trailer released
https://twitter.com/RockstarGames/status/789119073372114944
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmA6MrX81z4
Graphics are pretty

Dongattack fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Oct 20, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unctuous Cretin
Jun 20, 2007
LUrker
But Red Dead Redemption was Red Dead Revolver's sequel, so Red Dead Revolver: Red Dead Redemption 2.

Or RDRRDR2

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.
I choose to believe. :clint:

Edit: On that image alone it could also be Blood Meridian: The Game.

Peas and Rice fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Oct 17, 2016

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Would not mind if they took a page out of Revolver's book and played it a little more tongue in cheek. Also I hope they change up their multiplayer style because rdr and gta just don't do it for me. Though the amount of money they make off gta online says otherwise

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Cool, it's confirmed: http://www.rockstargames.com/reddeadredemption2

Fall 2017.

PC port when Rockstar? :sludgepal:

Mylan
Jun 19, 2002

Wonder if they're gonna go prequel style and have you playing as Marston back when he was still running with his gang. Though I guess that would kinda throw out the "redemption" part of the title. Hopefully a new guy then. What I'm basically saying is gently caress playing as Jack for a whole game.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Hopefully it gets a name change. Hell, Red Dead Revenge, despite being kinda eh would be better than RDR2 (but I know it won't change name because franchise/brand recognition/whatever)

Looks like it'll be Magnificent Seven the game, based on that wallpaper on the website.

Edit: I wonder if that leaked setting of Louisiana & (a bit of) Texas is true and if Rockstar are changing anything so they don't share the name New Bordeaux with Mafia 3.

drunkill fucked around with this message at 14:24 on Oct 18, 2016

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I am looking forward to playing Red Dead Redemption 2.

Thank you for reading my post.

Luitpold
Aug 2, 2009
Talking of excrement ...
Whats up with their PC asbergers

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Luitpold posted:

Its rockstar, they loving hate PCs plus they are guaranteed extended sales when they finally get off their asses and do a pc version

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
Red Dead Revengeance

John Marston is back! In old West robot form.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
John Marston sucked the big one! I hope we will get to play as a real blazing saddles type guy in this one.

Piss Witch
Oct 23, 2005

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Its rockstar, they loving hate PCs plus they are guaranteed extended sales when they finally get off their asses and do a pc version

But they never did a PC version of the previous RDR games so maybe never!

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

If it comes to PC I'll care.

I have a PS4 within arm's length but I ain't playing an open world game on a console in this day and age.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Not gonna lie, I hope a PC version doesn't happen.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Lmao, this thread has one vote and it's a 1. What kind of person is like "I loving HATE RDR, but only in this super passive-aggressive way."

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.
I too would much rather play hunched over a small screen with my clawlike hand on a mouse instead of relaxing on my couch with the game in 4K, 70" glory in front of me.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Peas and Rice posted:

I too would much rather play hunched over a small screen with my clawlike hand on a mouse instead of relaxing on my couch with the game in 4K, 70" glory in front of me.

To be fair you can just hook your PC up to a TV now but the next wave of consoles coming out can play games at 4K resolution, making PC's not really relevant anymore.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Luitpold posted:

Because man, PC ports come out either at the same time or within months of their console counterparts these days, I could understand the excuse when people knew gently caress all about programming for the PS3 but these days it's like :cmon:, I want to sperg out with my dope 144hz monitors and doritos and poo poo rockstar but I guess they make more money this way

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Peas and Rice posted:

My PC has a USB port and my DS4 has a USB cable and I can plug a PC into any monitor I like.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

I said come in! posted:

To be fair you can just hook your PC up to a TV now but the next wave of consoles coming out can play games at 4K resolution, making PC's not really relevant anymore.

hmmm actually they can't :thumbsup:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video_scaler

i'll let you browse through that before you read these next few words: ps4pro is not going to run this at 4k lmao and certainly not 60 fps

or even give you the option

requiscat in pace in peace RDR2 I own a ps4 but I'll wait for the good version I can add goku to

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

I said come in! posted:

:allears:

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
Just gonna unplug my PC from everything in the office and lug that poo poo downstairs to the living room and hook it up there. Why doesn't everyone do this!?!?!

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

fishing with the fam posted:

Just gonna unplug my PC from everything in the office and lug that poo poo downstairs to the living room and hook it up there. Why doesn't everyone do this!?!?!

You could get this http://store.steampowered.com/bundle/789/

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge
Kinda wonder if this is a Pre-quel, like you play as John (and possibly as everyone else?) back in the days when they all ran in a gang for Dutch.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Everyone's setup is different.

I'd rather not sit 10 feet from the screen when playing a game but that's just me. :shrug:

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

hmmm actually they can't :thumbsup:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video_scaler

i'll let you browse through that before you read these next few words: ps4pro is not going to run this at 4k lmao and certainly not 60 fps

or even give you the option

requiscat in pace in peace RDR2 I own a ps4 but I'll wait for the good version I can add goku to

Awesome Welles posted:

Because man, PC ports come out either at the same time or within months of their console counterparts these days, I could understand the excuse when people knew gently caress all about programming for the PS3 but these days it's like :cmon:, I want to sperg out with my dope 144hz monitors and doritos and poo poo rockstar but I guess they make more money this way

I changed my mind. This thread should be voted 1. That guy was right.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

FactsAreUseless posted:

By voting the thread 1 now, we are just getting out of the way how most goons are going to feel a year from now when RDR 2 comes out in a year (lmao its not really coming out in a year, but just saying).

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

FactsAreUseless posted:

Voted 5, kid :frogc00l:

also well aware it's nerd whining, I wish there were PC ports for everything :(

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

I said come in! posted:

Not gonna lie, I hope a PC version doesn't happen.

Are you 12 years old?

Rockstar spreads out releases to ensure the largest overlap of people buying them multiple times at full price. They probably managed to sell GTA V to a large number of people 2 or 3 times.

Assuming that this one isn't an unfixable buggy mess like the first one.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Awesome Welles posted:

Voted 5, kid :frogc00l:

also well aware it's nerd whining, I wish there were PC ports for everything :(

It's not like it's crazy wishful thinking. In TYOOL 2016 there's not really an excuse for excluding PC unless the game is being published by the console manufacturer (which even Microsoft is getting out of now in their own horrible, horrible way).

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I want to play on PC so I can mod dildo lassos and my little ponies I can ride into the game

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.
The new art shows more character detail.

I thought there might actually be female protagonist but doesn't look like it.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Some ex R*/T2 top brass put it in their will to make no Red Dead release on PC ever I guess.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
Rockstar's become pretty good about PC ports since Max Payne 3. Considering the PC market is profitable again (partly due to excellent DRM that's both difficult to crack and effectively invisible to the user), expecting a PC port a year after the console release isn't unreasonable. I don't think they'll go for a simultaneous release, but I'd be happy to be surprised there.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

hope they learned poo poo from GTAV and this runs at 60fps instead of, oh idk, the 20fps that RDR ran at on my PS3

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Peas and Rice posted:

The new art shows more character detail.

I thought there might actually be female protagonist but doesn't look like it.

Yeah. Disappointed. Was looking forward to the billion thought pieces written about a lead female in a rockstar game.

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

relive the magic again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7q7v4F8r9Og

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.

Norns posted:

Yeah. Disappointed. Was looking forward to the billion thought pieces written about a lead female in a rockstar game.

I was looking forward to the rage of a couple thousand MRAs and Gamergaters who suffer a collective aneurism when RDR2 shipped 14 million copies.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Will be pretty cool if they take the multiple protagonists gimmick from GTA V and expand on that, which the poster seems to suggest. I hope it's new characters and not a John Marston prequel.

How much time was there between the first GTA V trailer and the release? Two years? :ohdear:

• Locked thread