Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!

Dapper_Swindler posted:

dont worry. now you will get a billion thought pieces written about how rockstar is bad and pernicious for not having one. but for real, personally i was hopping for a django unchained type thing, but who knows.

he said that he loved working on it. so they might bring him back if it is indeed a yonger marston. personaly i think its either jack or someone new.

The thought pieces will hem and haw indignantly about how R* can no longer afford to be ~insensitive~ to (groups) in (current year).

Game will go on to sell 15+ million copies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!
I'm just glad R* can and does do whatever they want without having to worry what some clickbait chode is going to write. It must drive those types nuts that no amount of overwrought thinkpieces will make a dent in their success.

Oh no GTA V aka the most ambitious game of last gen that attempts a scathing indictment of every goddamn thing in this country is mean to women. Well, Mary Sue already has a clickbait turd article whining because, despite not seeing one second of footage, the tiny silhouettes on the teaser poster does not "appear" to have a woman among them. Since it's become common for some to say how they hope game does (x) just to piss off sone imagined redpill'd redditor, I'm going to say I hope R* keeps doing what they do just so they can give those who own problem glasses a frothing fit.

We honestly don't know if there's more than one playable character yet, and the pitchforks are already getting greased in case it doesn't check the right demographics.

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!

ninjahedgehog posted:

Can we at least postpone the hand-wringing until the trailer drops on Thursday? Literally all we have to go on right now is a title, a release date, and a black-and-white image.

That market will be saturated 20 minutes after the trailer drops. Gotta get that pearl clutchin' in now while there are still ad clicks to go 'round!

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!
Dumb talk aside, I'm very curious to see how Rockstar does with their first game since longtime producer Leslie Benzies left the company. There are internal memos from the Housers that suggest he's the guy who would sort of reign in the development chaos once it was time to assemble the many moving parts of these games into something you could actually ship. He's suing, says they basically forced him out to avoid paying a fuckton of royalties. I remember when the EA Spouse stuff dropped, there was also something from a Rockstar spouse who said development on RDR was a disaster. That turned around, to say the least. How feasible is it to just replace a guy who has been making sure the trains run on time on this very specific style of game since at least GTA III?

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!
e: not worth it

bloodysabbath fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Oct 18, 2016

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!

Oxxidation posted:

bloodysabbath is the only one really beating that drum and he's the sleaziest piece of poo poo on this entire forum so there's no need to generalize.

RDR's nature as a period piece helped rein in the worst of Rockstar's tedious "satire," so hopefully that'll hold up for a sequel.

Wow, that's quite the honor. Is there a title belt I can have for that? Can I defend it against other sleazy pieces of forum poo poo?

(Go gently caress yourself, mate.)

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!

am0kgonzo posted:

Let's be serious for a minute. It's 2016, 2017 when the game comes out, women make up over 40% of gamers! And there are no playable female characters? What is Rockstar thinking?

This is going to flop as hard as GTAV did.

That 40% stat is loving hilarious because it lumps free to play in with $20 indies with AAA titles.

Things can have subcategories! It's fine to say more women play visual novels and match-3 games, and men are buying the bulk of $60 stuff where you murder things. It's fine! Separate markets for separate products are fine!

What are you even on anymore?

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!

blackguy32 posted:

I think the setting was pretty good. The characters I am pretty iffy about since half to most of them were awful. I mean it's kind of strange to have a open world game where most of the world is empty, but it kind of works for Red Dead Redemption. I also really liked the use of Euphoria.

That being said, there was a lot of stuff that I was hoping would get a bit more use. For example, the wrecked paddleboat that you find later.

Women make up 33% of all FPS players.

https://www.engadget.com/2014/10/27/report-men-play-more-mmos-fpses-women-rule-mobile-rpg/

Again, are we talking F2P shooters, MMOs with shooter elements, or stuff you pay $60 for? Are they lumping first person walking simulators in here? Of course they are -- it fits the agenda to not properly delineate the categories. It's a wide category of games and if you think 1/3 of CoD or GTA sales are coming from women, you're insane.

dangerdoom volvo posted:

separate but equal

Hurk durk fine dining and McDonald's are the same market pfffffft

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!

dangerdoom volvo posted:

wooooooooooosh

No genius, I get it, you respond with a single phrase to imply I'm racist or something.

Doesn't negate the idea of separate product classes within a category.

• Locked thread