Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which game/platform?
COD PS4
COD PC
Titanfall PS4
Titanfall PC
BF1 PS4
BF1 PC
Other/Xbox
View Results

• Locked thread
Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

frank.club posted:

teh smirking Asian man

Suck my rear end dude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

half life
half life: opposing forces
half life: blue shift
half life 2
half life 2: episode one
half life 2: episode two
half life 2: lost coast
portal
portal 2
team fortress 2

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

tumor looking batty posted:

half life: blue shift
half life 2: lost coast

lets not go crazy here

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i sort of stopped playing FPSes since my gaming computer died... i miss them

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Yams Fan
half life 2 dm on LAN is intense poo poo and good

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Wormskull posted:

Quack World

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Guess Im gonna cop Titanfall 2 for PS4 tomorrow. I wanted to get into Battlefield but I didn't have any fun with the beta for some reason:.. I hadn't played a Battlefield game since 1942 back in middle school and I had no idea what was going on the entire time

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I caved and am getting COD w/ MW remastered

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

My Titanfall 2 order got updated and said its arriving Monday even though I was guaranteed a release day ship... :cry: Ill just buy it digitally I guess.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

In Training posted:

My Titanfall 2 order got updated and said its arriving Monday even though I was guaranteed a release day ship... :cry: Ill just buy it digitally I guess.

did you buy from amazon? that happened to me w/ DS3.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

sector_corrector posted:

did you buy from amazon? that happened to me w/ DS3.

Yeah but I found out what happened. Everyone in my family shares a prime account for the discounts and stuff and my mom ordered a toothbrush the same day so Amazon grouped them in one package and it wont arrive till Monday lol.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

ButI just bought it digitally so Im just gonna send it back and eat the 10 dollar difference

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Titanfall feels amazing.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

There's also one billion nonsense crap to unlock which is kinda annoying but expected. The basic movement feels even better than it did during the test and now I can just do Pilot V Pilot like I wanted

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

It feels incredible but I'm doing campaign right now.

Campaign is also really super cool, better than the cods the last few years have been and I liked those campaigns.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

You can go jump to wallrun to double jump to slide and shoot really accurately during all of those parts, and I love it.

I don't remember if wallrunning sped you up in the first game but it totally does in this.

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

anyone who dudnt say Titanfall is GOTY 2016: Drop a drat titan on 'em! *misplaced titan effect that clips back and forth through the image layers gets dropped on the Haters*

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Sharkopath posted:

You can go jump to wallrun to double jump to slide and shoot really accurately during all of those parts, and I love it.

I don't remember if wallrunning sped you up in the first game but it totally does in this.

Yeah you can just chain all this stuff together and maintain crazy speed

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Theres a geappling.hook.in titanfall 2?? I kniw what game im buying.in 2020

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

*misplaced titan effect that clips back and forth through the image layers gets dropped on the Haters*

Lpl

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

There's a game mode in this that requires a consumable to queue for and the only way to get it is randomly or by buying a bag of Doritos.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

You hear all the enemy titan radio chatter and sometimes they taunt you so its almost like armored core lol.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Sharkopath posted:

You hear all the enemy titan radio chatter and sometimes they taunt you so its almost like armored core lol.

drat, that sounds pretty aweso-

In Training posted:

There's a game mode in this that requires a consumable to queue for and the only way to get it is randomly or by buying a bag of Doritos.

:whitewater:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Also pilot on pilot isn't as cool as I thought it would be. Without the Titans it loses a lot. Since TTk is still equivalent to COD nobody really uses the movement options and it kinda just plays like BLOPSIII. At least in the one match I played, if I got better maybe it would be more interesting. But I was hoping pilot health would be way boosted in that mode

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Tried a bunch of the multi and now I'm gonna try the campaign

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

In Training posted:

Sounds win-win.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

You can also buy a pass for credits btw. Which is the stuff you get for playing matches.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

In Training posted:

Also pilot on pilot isn't as cool as I thought it would be. Without the Titans it loses a lot. Since TTk is still equivalent to COD nobody really uses the movement options and it kinda just plays like BLOPSIII. At least in the one match I played, if I got better maybe it would be more interesting. But I was hoping pilot health would be way boosted in that mode

That's a real shame cause i use it a ton in the campaign, you'd think people would at least boost slide a bunch since it lowers your profile.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

lmao the bosses get little intro scenes and title cards and everything.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

This is the first FPS campaign I've seen a while that I bet would actually be cool to see a speedrun of because you can use the cloak + mobility to try and just run past all the encounters

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Also this game has the exact same battery model + removal animation as Metroid prime 3

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

The weapons aren't mega special but are cool enough to me, but I found the Mozambique and now thats all I want to use, its incredible.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

In Training posted:

This is the first FPS campaign I've seen a while that I bet would actually be cool to see a speedrun of because you can use the cloak + mobility to try and just run past all the encounters

The actual combat arenas are huge and meant for lots of flanking with that stealth, and there is varied enough enemy types that you are switching tactics a lot as you slide form place to place.

The mostly platforming levels are crazy though and I definitely like to see people suss out the fastest routes.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

somebody at respawn really really likes portal 2

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

In Training posted:

Titanfall feels amazing.

Oh poo poo you got it on PS4? I'm gonna buy when i get off work tomorrow evening , lets game our hearts out

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Sharkopath posted:

lmao the bosses get little intro scenes and title cards and everything.

Yesssss

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

I ended up beating the campaign in one sitting, it's amazing.

I haven't done that since portal 2 came out.

Gerstmann said they designed it like let's make a fun Game first, and then everybody come up with cool ideas that would be exciting and fun and well string them together so every level feels different and new to the player and that's how it is.

One of the mid levels secret mechanic blew my mind.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I might buy this for the single player lol. I love games with good mobility. Call me crazy but the closer a game is to mirrors edge the better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

In Training posted:

• Locked thread