Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SnatchRabbit
Feb 23, 2006

Isn't change supposed to make things different?

I am thinking about dumping my aging Tivo Premiere and just giving in to Comcast and getting their X1 platform. Mostly, I'm just tired of Tivo crapping out with on demand, plus the extra $15 a month on top of Comcast's outrageous prices. The rep assured me that the main X1 box would be free, although I'm still not sure if that's just for the first year or whatever. It also makes sense to get another X1 box for my bedroom and swallow another $10/mo. I'm just interested to know if anyone here uses these STBs and can tell me if they are dog poo poo or not.

Bonus question:
Can I use the ethernet port(s) on the secondary X1 boxes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SnatchRabbit
Feb 23, 2006

Isn't change supposed to make things different?

Ok, thanks. Just ordered so we'll see when it shows up. At the very least I can cancel tivo and save a few bucks.

• Locked thread