Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

SUNDAY, OCT. 30TH!

WWE Universal Championship Hell in a Cell Match
Kevin Owens(c) vs. Seth Rollins

WWE United States Championship Hell in a Cell Match
Roman Reigns(c) vs. Rusev

WWE Raw Women's Championship Hell in a Cell Match
Sasha Banks(c) vs. Charlotte

WWE Raw Tag Team Championship Match
The New Day(c) vs. Sheamus & Cesaro

WWE Cruiserweight Championship Match
TJ Perkins(c) vs Brian Kendrick

Your Last Match
Brock Lesnar vs Goldberg

------------------------------------------------------

RAW RECAP posted:

Show Recap:

Owens and Chris Jericho started the show with an interview. Crowd chanted "Y2J," but Owens shouted them down and said Mick Foley has a vendetta against him because he was shortening his career by making him defend the Universal Championship against Rollins in a Hell in a Cell match. Jericho, who now has "The List of Jericho" monogramed on his clipboard, said Hell in a Cell is too dangerous a match for Owens to be in and it proves that Foley is a stupid idiot for putting Owens has been placed in it. Owens said he won't let the match shorten his career and the only person whose career will be shortened will be Rollins.

Jericho said he should have been in the main event and listed the Hall of Famers he's beaten over the years. He didn't mention HHH, and wisely so. Jericho blamed his loss last week on poor officiating. Owens had a tone in his voice like he didn't know what Jericho was talking about, but agreed. Jericho then added the referee to the list to a round of cheers. Owens said he was going to retire Rollins.

Rollins came out to a healthy round of "Rollins" chants. Rollins said if Jericho was going to put something on his list, he should start with his scarf, his creepy tatoos and his trunks which look like a sparkle crouch. Of course, that got fans chanting "sparkle crouch." Jericho started to put him on the list. Rollins brought up Jericho getting the Pedigree two weeks in a row and Owens not doing anything about it.

Owens said he and Jericho agree to do what's best for the team and sometimes that means sacrifices have to be made. Rollins said that means Owens stays strong while Jericho stays weak. Jericho said there's a reason why he has "G.O.A.T" on the back of his trunks. Rollins said it should read "Sparkle rear end." Jericho challenged Rollins to a match. Rollins said Owens was going to be at ringside and be the world's ugliest cheerleader. Jericho said Owens would go to the back. Owens objected, but Jericho insisted that he can prove that he can beat Rollins by himself.

Seth Rollins defeated Chris Jericho (14:40)

Jericho hit an elbow across Rollins' jaw, then got the Lionsault for a two count. Rollins responded with a knee to the nose and an Falcon Arrow. Rollins climbed the top rope but Owens came out. Jericho rolled out of the ring, but Rollins hit a plancha, then followed with a springboard knee. Rollins attempted the Pedigree, but Jericho got a double leg takedown and clamped on the Walls of Jericho. Long struggle by Rollins to get to the ropes. Owens pulled the ropes away from Rollins The referee saw that and ordered Jericho to break the hold. Jericho attempted the Codebreaker, but Rollins stopped it and used the Pedigree for the pin.

They showed Goldberg's first win against Hugh Morris from September 1997. It included Goldberg kicking out of Morris' moonsault finisher and pinning him with the Jackhammer.

John Hickenlooper, the Governor of Colorado, was shown at ringside. He got a Roman Reigns reaction.

Lita conducted her first sit-down interview of the night with Charlotte. Lita reeled off the legends who have competed in Hell in a Cell, like Shawn Michaels, the Undertaker and Foley. Charlotte said it was only natural that she would be in a Hell in a Cell because she's won on 12 straight PPVs. Lita brought up being named by Forbes Magazine as the Greatest Female Superstar in the WWE. Charlotte said she's the greatest superstar in the WWE, male or female. Lita asked if it was a disadvantage to wrestle Sasha Banks in Banks' hometown of Boston. Charlotte said at Hell in a Cell, Banks better believe that Charlotte will be in the woman to beat her and become a 3-time Raw Women's Champion.

The Golden Truth and Mark Henry defeated the Shining Stars and Titus O'Neal (3:08)

The gimmick was Primo and Epico sold R-Truth fake Rolexes on the Raw Pre-Show. Titus O'Neal wore a Fedora in a dark suit as part of his new deal as "the Titus Brand." Mark Henry pinned O'Neal with the World's Strongest Slam in a match that won't make Hulu.

Jericho was backstage upset at Owens for coming out during the Rollins match. Jericho started to call him a stupid idiot, which got Owens upset. They argued until Stephanie McMahon stepped in and said they were letting Rollins into their heads. Stephanie mentioned that Shane McMahon had challenged Raw to three traditional Survivor Series matches: one for the men, one for the women and one for tag teams. She wanted ring generals for those matches and told them to get their act together.

The New Day's deal this week was a routine based around Colorado's legalized marijuana laws. Big. E said he must be a mile high if Sheamus thought he was going to beat him. Xavier Woods said the two people currently running for President of the United States would make for a closer-knit tag team than Cesaro and Sheamus. Kofi Kingston said everyone saw him slip on the springboard last week and he still beat Cesaro. Kingston said Sheamus was a big ole steaming pile of garbage. Big E. said you can't say Sheamus without saying "Shame." Kingston said the two weren't friends on Facebook. Woods said they would show Sheamus and Cesaro for the past 420 days, they have legally been the WWE World Tag Team Champions.

Big E. defeated Sheamus (10:20)

After Sheamus was on Facebook Live last week, this time it was Cesaro's turn. At least Cesaro paid attention to the match. Long after the crowd had long interest, Cesaro wondered into the crowd. Sheamus got mad and took away Cesaro's phone. Sheamus promised the best Brogue Kick ever. Instead, Big E. got a running splash and schoolboy pin.

They replayed Goldberg's match with Hulk Hogan from July 6, 1998 in the Georgia Dome, which was really when WCW peaked as a company. Amazing that a company that was drawing less house show money than Smoky Mountain Wrestling just four years prior to that night could soar to those heights and crash even faster.

On the Raw pregame show, Bo Dallas had a conversaton with Curtis Axel that said he had a feeling everyone in the WWE Universe had seen him peak. Axel told him he believes in Bo and asked Foley to give Dallas a match with Neville after their loss last week to Neville and Sami Zayn.

Bo Dallas defeated Neville (2:57)

Neville did an Asai Moonsault. He went for the Red Arrow, but Dallas gave him a leg sweep and pinned him with a Roll of the Dice. Axel was pumped up after Dallas won. Dallas turned on Axel with a psychotic look on his face, threw Axel into the dasherboards several times and gave him a running knee.

Dana Brooke defeated Bayley (4:08)

Dana Brooke got the pin after she rammed Bayley's shoulder into the post. Place was in stunned silence after the three count because Bayley was over strong. Finish looked awkward to the point I wonder if that was supposed to be the finish.

Paul Heyman did an interview from WWE Studios with Michael Cole. Crowd chanted "Goldberg." Heyman said the challenge he issued last week was rhetorical. He said Goldberg wasn't going to show up in Denver just to say no. Heyman asked if Goldberg ever wondered why Lesnar didn't challenge him face-to-face? It's because Lesnar didn't think about Goldberg. Heyman said if Goldberg accepted the challenge, it was going to piss Lesnar off. It already pisses Lesnar off that he beat Goldberg him in 2004. It pisses Lesnar off that the fans chanted Goldberg's name. Heyman advised Goldberg not to accept Heyman's challenge, because if he did he was going to be beaten, victimized and conquered by Lesnar.

Braun Strowman defeated the Mile High Trio in a 3-on-1 handicap match (2:16)

None of the Mile High Trio were given names. This match seemed to be aimed at showing off Strowman's finesse and he chased down one of the guys, who was about half his size. He pinned all three men after power bombing one on top of the other. Earlier, one of the Mile High Trio took a bump over the top rope and landed on the head of his teammate.

Postmatch, Strowman cut another promo on Foley saying if he wasn't going to get the competition he wanted, then he was going to get it himself. Then Zayn showed up and got in Strowman's face. Strowman pushed Zayn out of the ring and left.

Zayn was asked by Charly Caruso why he picked a fight with Strowman. He said because no one else will.

Lana introudced Rusev. Lana said he was the greatest U.S. Champion of all time and also a family man, much more so than anyone in the crowd with patheic family values. Rusev said he knew Reigns was a family man, as well, with 700 relatives who sit around a campfire and crack coconuts over their heads. So he introduced everyone to the Rusevs. They had a video scrapbook where he showed his mother Slavka, who was a rowing world champion. Lana said he knew the fans couldn't stand their nagging mothers-in-law, but she loved hers. Rusev yelled at the crowd for booing his mother and said he didn't know they legalized stupidity in this state.

Rusev brought up his father next. He served in the military for three years while he became a wrestling champion. They showed a modern photo of him and it looked like a mugshot. Brother Rusev was shown, who Rusev said was a champion chess player. Rusev's grandmother Babushka was shows, along with his dog, who he claimed to have won multiple dog shows all over the world. This went on too long before Reigns came out.

Reigns said Rusev was right about one thing, he has a big family. But he wasn't talking about his family, he was talking about the Roman Empire. The empire responded by booing Reigns, who said Rusev looked like the family dog. Reigns said he would face Rusev one-on-one and the only place Rusev could call afterwards was 911. Lana got in Rusev's face and slapped Reigns, and Rusev gave him a superkick. Rusev threw Reigns into the steps, then pick up a step and rammed it into Reigns' face. The setup for this worked as fans chanted for Reigns.

Rusev put the ring steps in the ring and threw Reigns into the steps again. Rusev dragged Reigns on top of the steps and put him in the Accolade.

The next Goldberg highlight was his invasion into WWE where he jumped the Rock in 2003.

Another Emmalina vignette, promoting the makeover of Emma to Emmalina coming soon.

Enzo Amore and Big Cass came out for a singles match with Karl Anderson. Amore said they had been chumps from the jump.

Big Cass defeated Karl Anderson (1:11)

Cass threw Amore into Luke Gallows at ringside. Cass pinned Anderson with the East River Crossing.

Brian Kendrick talked with Drew Gulak and Tony Nese in a locker room. Nese told Kendrick if he takes end of his end of the bargain, they'll take care of theirs. Nese and Kendrick shook hands. T.J. Perkins walked in and said there would be a six-man tag. Perkins will defend the Cruiserweight Championship against Kendrick at Hell in a Cell and thought Kendrick was using Nese and Gulak to take him out before HIAC. Kendrick said he's on his last life, which makes him the most dangerous player in this game. Rich Swann and Cedric Alexander walked in to say they were going to be Perkins partners tonight.

Lita's next sit-down interview was with Banks, who said she's ready to face Charlotte. She brought up how they started together in NXT and they're making history together now. She said she respects Charlotte, but she's no Sasha Banks. She said sometimes she doesn't even know if this is real and to know she's part of history is amazing. Lita brought up Banks' back injury. Banks said she's 100% and ready to go. Lita asked if there's any part of Banks that afraid of being in Hell in a Cell. She said she doesn't want to say she's afraid. Banks said she knows when she steps in the ring, there can't be fear because fear isn't an option for her. In two weeks in Boston, she'll be there to make history.

They showed Goldberg's victory over HHH to win the WWE World Championship at Unforgiven 2003.

Brian Kendrick, Tony Nese and Drew Gulak defeated Rich Swann, T.J. Perkins and Cedric Coleman via submission (7:17)

Swann did a huracanrana off the second rope on Nese. Perkins hit the Wrecking Ball dropkick on Gulak outside the ring. Nese hit Swann with a 450 splash, leading to Kendrick tagging himself in and putting Swann in the Captain's hook. Perkins tried to get in to make the save, but Nese held his foot to keep him from doing so and Swann tapped. This was put in the death spot and the crowd acted like it was a death spot match because they wanted some Goldberg.

Foley and Stephanie talked backstage. Stephanie wondered what Foley had in store for next week. He proposed Rollins vs. Owens vs. Jericho in a three-way in the main event next week. Stephanie said it was a good idea. They high-fived, Foley left but Stephanie had a look on her face like she'll be turning on Foley at some point.

Next week, the New Day face Cesaro and Sheamus in a nontitle match.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydhqoHw3__U

------------------------------------------------------

oatgan fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Oct 18, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

ijii
Mar 17, 2007
I'M APPARENTLY GAY AND MY POSTING SUCKS.
New Day and Jericho are once again the highlight of the night. I never watched WCW, so I don't give two shits about Oldberg.

e: Smackdown is clearly the better show, those of you who don't watch it, do it. James Fuckin Ellsworth is more entertaining than 90% of the Raw roster.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

GOLDBERG
SPARKLECROTCH
GOLDBERG
SPARKLECROTCH
GOLDBERG
SPARKLECROTCH
GOLDBERG
SPARKLECROTCH
GOLDBERG

(no she's not)

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

ijii posted:

New Day and Jericho are once again the highlight of the night. I never watched WCW, so I don't give two shits about Oldberg.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

brok lesnr si going to kill and old man tho

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Goldberg was the only good thing about that Raw and the fact that he cut a good promo should shame the entire roster.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me
Goldberg!!!

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Pretty blown away by Goldberg.

His presentation and how he carried himself was always A+. But his promo skills have improved greatly and has jettisoned his grumpy delivery. Also facially he hasn't aged greatly. Just hope he doesn't end up like Sting or Warrior.

Also Sasha continues to day drink seemingly.

rovert fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Oct 18, 2016

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

http://billgoldbergsux.tripod.com/

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !
Wonder if he wore the heavy jacket for a reason and what shape he is in nowadays. The promo was top notch though and it was cool how he was visibly moved by the fans.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

mod photoshop request: could someone make like a missing person milk carton thing with triple h it doesn't have to look good it just has to say he's been missing for 7 weeks

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
I didn't watch RAW but Goldberg was a hero to little GeneX and I will always love him for it

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

sign of the night was a sign with a memberberry on it that said 'Member Goldberg?'

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

:same:

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Efexeye posted:

sign of the night was a sign with a memberberry on it that said 'Member Goldberg?'

https://twitter.com/totaldivaseps/status/788168528675282944

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

that's the one!

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
also isn't Lesnar/Goldberg for Survivor Series and not 3 Stages of Hell in a Cell

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

oatgan posted:

mod photoshop request: could someone make like a missing person milk carton thing with triple h it doesn't have to look good it just has to say he's been missing for 7 weeks

Sticky Nate fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Oct 18, 2016

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

i didnt watch raw, was anything worth watching

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Go RV! posted:

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Go RV! posted:

maybe goldberg's promo when it's out on YouTube

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Go RV! posted:

Literally Goldberg in the final segment and nothing else unless you've a lot of time to waste.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

#blessed

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

rovert posted:

Literally Goldberg in the final segment and nothing else unless you've a lot of time to waste.

New Day makes weed jokes.

Edit: Hey oat change my name to New Day Weed Joke.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Sad that we are so numb to WWE not using Bayley correctly that fans don't even get outraged about it. Also lol at Dana's ring positioning:

https://twitter.com/BulletClubItal/status/788193615025700864

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
The Indians are a win away from.the world series. Also Kurt angle is the best all around talent of the last two decades.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

rovert posted:

Sad that we are so numb to WWE not using Bayley correctly that fans don't even get outraged about it. Also lol at Dana's ring positioning:

i'll never get mad they bury someone for being short again

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

GeneX posted:

I didn't watch RAW but Goldberg was a hero to little GeneX and I will always love him for it

same

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Why isn't Goldberg in the recap

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

That Goldberg promo and him going around making little kids happy ruled :)

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Legitimately real good Goldberg promo, which is weird and unexpected.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

are these people likable

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2unagK4zgO4

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

rovert posted:

Bayley I expected and it sucks

Zayn getting fed to Braun is far more noteworthy and hilarious right now

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Chris James 2 posted:

Zayn getting fed to Braun is far more noteworthy and hilarious right now

Zayn is going to win. Maybe not next week, but he will win.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

rovert posted:

I didn't watch RAW but what the gently caress

• Locked thread