Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
I can wait to see how Smackdown responds to Sasha/Charlotte. Becky Lynch vs Alexa Bliss in a flaming tables match?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Rhonne posted:

I can wait to see how Smackdown responds to Sasha/Charlotte. Becky Lynch vs Alexa Bliss in a flaming tables match?

A botch free match with competent booking.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

but...the girls are gonna be in a cage

and they are going on last, in The Main EventŠ

revolutionary

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Hot take: Sasha vs Charlotte will probably be a good match that I will enjoy watching.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

The_Rob posted:

Hot take: Sasha vs Charlotte will probably be a good match that I will enjoy watching.

Bu... but someone's going to die!

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

JT Smiley posted:

Bu... but someone's going to die!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sj8ebYZT2aQ But from the top of the cell.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
People don't even hardly climb to the top of cells anymore and when they do they always do super safe bumps that look worse than they are. At mania Shane jumped off a cell onto a ton of padding and there's no way Vince is letting the women do anything close to that.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

If Sasha did she'd find a way to land on her head and the table wouldn't break

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

DoctorGonzo posted:

A botch free match with competent booking.

And a division that's smaller but feels bigger

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The match will end with Sasha and Charlotte cryng, Stephanie and Mick giving flowers to them and the entire raw roster clapping. Womens Revolution. Fin.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I'll be really sad when Becky retains the title, because I think she works better chasing the title, and also I like Alexa Bliss and want her to win all the titles.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
It took me a moment to remember that Nia Jax and Alicia Fox are also part of Raw.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

DoctorGonzo posted:

This women revolution crap is beyond stale right now. This is the same company who refuses medical treatment to Paige and at the same time they are pushing some weird feminist agenda. I hope Sasha-Charlotte have a good - botch free and injury free - match.

I'm not sure I'd take Paige and Del Rio's word for what's going on with Paige, but I do agree the self congratulatory bullshit is annoying as hell. The worst thing is the company is clearly capable of better based on how they booked the same women on NXT and how the Smackdown division is booked. When Sasha and Bayley main evented NXT Rival, it felt natural and all the focus on them being the first women to main event a WWE event was about how they'd earned it, whereas this Hell in a Cell thing feels more like the focus is on WWE putting the women in the main event. Things got bad when Steph involved herself in the women's revolution and it got even worse when Foley got involved. They're both trying to put over how progressive they are it comes across as self-serving from Stephanie and kinda creepy from Foley.

Fsmhunk
Jul 19, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

keevo posted:

The guy who made the sign posted it on Reddit

Oatgan please, this isn't the F1 thread.

I watched a recent episode of this show and wanted to blow my brains out the whole time. loving RAW is less heavy handed.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

I don't know if Sami can land the helluva kick on Braun.

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

When the drug test comes back positive for performance enhancing drugs.
Zayn is just going to get destroyed and it's going to break my heart because he's probably my favorite wrestler right now.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Also the best women wrestler in the roster, Asuka, is on nxt. She should be on Smackdown.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Fsmhunk posted:

I watched a recent episode of this show and wanted to blow my brains out the whole time. loving RAW is less heavy handed.

South Park- well known for subtlety

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
Sami Zayn vs. Braun Strowman is honestly probably one of the most appealing (to me) matches that Raw could put on right now

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

DoctorGonzo posted:

Also the best women wrestler in the roster, Asuka, is on nxt. She should be on Smackdown.

I think that'd give the Smackdown division the same problem that NXT currently has, in that I don't buy any of the women beating her, and it'd take way too long to build up a credible challenger out of who they have.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

landing on your face is actually really good

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

Senerio posted:

I think that'd give the Smackdown division the same problem that NXT currently has, in that I don't buy any of the women beating her, and it'd take way too long to build up a credible challenger out of who they have.

Don't overbuild her

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Fsmhunk posted:

What show is it? Here I was thinking I was widely out of touch with the hot new grape meme all the teens are going gaga over.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Gavok posted:

- Mike Tyson: had his identity stolen by the Enforcer
- Steve Austin: befriended the Enforcer

Arn Anderson has gone too far!

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Senerio posted:

I'd buy Becky beating Asuka tbh

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Sami needs to pull out the brainbustaaaaaaahhhhh to beat Braun

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Jenkem Delivery posted:

Sami needs to pull out the braaaaaaaaaaunbustaaaaaaahhhhh to beat Braun

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Junpei Hyde posted:

Good booking can make everything possible. We have that loving Ellsworth guy in the me of smackdown for the world title.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

ellsworth is going to surprise rollup AJ and daniel bryan will suddenly realize the joke has gone too far

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I could at least buy Becky as a challenger to Asuka, but it gets significantly tougher after that. Alexa's great, but I would just expect Asuka to kick her head clean off her shoulders.

Also, Ryback had a really hilarious harebrained scheme at one point.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Junpei Hyde posted:

:same: of all the women under WWE right now this would be the match I'd be most interested in.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Sparklecrouch

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

dromal phrenia posted:

ellsworth is going to surprise rollup AJ and daniel bryan will suddenly realize the joke has gone too far

Oh God if Ellsworth pulls a Dana Brooke I will die happy.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

dromal phrenia posted:

hope he learned how to take the styles clash

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I'd be unsure who would win a big well-built Nikki vs Asuka match for the same reasons as nobody thought AJ or KO would beat Cena clean.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

DoctorGonzo posted:

hope he learned how to take the styles clash
For all the talk of Sasha and/or Charlotte dying at HiaC this worries me a little more

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Stale Saltines posted:

:same: of all the women under WWE right now this would be the match I'd be most interested in.

I'd actually really like to see Charlotte vs. Asuka.

It's me, I'm the guy who thinks Charlotte is the most underrated wrestler in the women's division. :shobon:

The Cosby Mysteries
Oct 5, 2007

Happy Birthday, Mr. President
I thought Goldberg was just going to come out and yell YOUR NEXT to Lesnar but we got a heartfelt promo and an awesome moment so congrats to WWE on exceeding my expectations. The match will be what it is but Goldberg seemed much better on the mic now than before.

If I had to nitpick anything it would be Goldberg's WWE theme I mean come on now, everyone knows him for the original and since WWE have the rights can't they just use that iconic theme song? When I hear this one it just reminds me of 2003 reign of doom and Triple H sledgehammering Goldberg when he was super hot.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

VJeff posted:

I'd actually really like to see Charlotte vs. Asuka.

It's me, I'm the guy who thinks Charlotte is the most underrated wrestler in the women's division. :shobon:

Charlotte is great and on the main roster she has improved greatly in promos and ring work. She is being weighed down by Sasha Banks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fsmhunk
Jul 19, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

RacistGuidingLight posted:

What show is it? Here I was thinking I was widely out of touch with the hot new grape meme all the teens are going gaga over.

South Park.

• Locked thread