Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

fits posted:

marlies goalie situation is interesting

2005 world junior goalie hero jeff glass played in his first north american pro start after 7 khl years

sparks on the other hand http://www.tsn.ca/sparks-suspended-indefinitely-by-leafs-1.617534

:rip:

This is why most teams prefer their players keep quiet on social media. Keefe already gave up on Sparks last year, I doubt it was a tough decision to suspend him. Sparks was a fun story last year starting out but nobody would shed a tear if we never saw him again.

Unrelated fun fact: the Leafs don't have a single worthwhile goalie in their system outside of the guys on the big club, apparently in terms of personality as well as goaltending talent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

The Marlies are outshooting Syracuse 22-5 and the game is tied at 2, which is a pretty excellent microcosm of the Marlies season.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

The Marlies fired assistant coach Gord Dineen today, which is only weird in that they didn't just fire him when they hired Keefe over him last year. Can't remember the last time a head coach was demoted to assistant, sticking around for more than a year after is pretty odd too.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

I had no idea there was a men's league in Manila, or that there were rinks outside of the SM mall.

pseudodragon posted:

My only takeaway from this Dubas interview is that Robidas has an actual job with the Marlies and isn't just cashing cheques.

I do love how the NHL set a precedent for injured players to pull a completely separate pay check working another job and not retire or count against the cap. I'm sure this won't be abused when all the cap recapture contracts are coming due.

• Locked thread