Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

It's another sunless, brutally hot day in the wastes. The clouds that might offer relief from the sun just allow the light to pass through them, making the whole sky look as if it were ablaze with fire, and the light reflects off the jagged, rusted metal of the hold. for a moment, the air doesn't smell of anything but diesel and dust, and the parched ground cracks underfoot. But, that brief calm is shattered as the ground begins to shake. Everyone in the hold knows what's coming. People are walking around armed to the teeth, clutching everything the have just a little bit closer than normal. There's increasingly loud cries coming down from the gate to the hold, and suddenly, the gates fling open! An invading army is swarming through the streets, yelling and screaming and running and pushing. People are stuffing their faces with half burnt, scaley meat while shoving shiny doodads towards a old, wrinkled woman brandishing a cleaver. Some young fool tries to ransack the armory but only gets a beating for his trouble. But, none of this is really that surprising.

After all, it's Market Day.

Duchess: Well, it's Market Day, and that means that EVERYONE from out in the wastes around here is in the hold right now. Your boys are gonna try and keep the peace, but who got killed last time you had a Market Day? Why do you think Jazz might have done it? What do you usually do on Market Day, anyway?

Also, what does your hold always have the hardest time getting hold of, Food or Medicine? What'd you have to go through last time you ran out?

Eye You're ambling into the hold, making your way through the marketplace as everyone's setting up their stalls. Nothing's broken... yet. But you never know...

Anyway, what's your first stop? Also, what'd you report recently that's got Mox, one of Needles' assistants, pissed off at you? How'd she make her displeasure known? What'd Steiner give you a lead on outside the hold that sounds too good to be true?

Oh, and how'd you get your water today?

Don't forget to roll Breaking Now

Aurica you're spending the morning cleaning most of your glasses from last night. Which of your employees left them undone, and what are you gonna do when they come in tonight looking to get paid? Also, who just left you holding the bag with no show tonight, on Market Day of all days? What got broken the last time you didn't have a show on Market Day?

Who's ambling in that you haven't seen in a long while? Why do you feel mixed about seeing them?

Sundown, were you here for the last Market Day? What'd you learn about Pastor James, that stick in the mud that wants to shut down the Eye of the Storm, by watching him sleep last night? What do you think about the Eye of the Storm? Why were you watching him, anyway?

Anyway, what's your plan for the day with all these strangers in town?

Needles, how'd Rowlf already end up in your clinic, with Zepher refusing to leave until he's better? What did you have planned to do for Market Day? Which one of your assistants is out running the errands you were planning on doing?

Also, where did you get your current set of Angel kit supplies from? It's still full and everything. I'm just curious.

Mastiff So, you're sitting in the Eye of the Storm, waiting for Zeb to show up. Why did you need his help to get to the latest trove of books you heard about? Who'd you hear about it from? What oddity did one of the traders want to give you for your last bit of salvage, and why'd you take them up on it?

When Zeb finally shows up, he's blunt and clearly in a hurry. "Make it worth my while, and you'll get what you need." What do you offer?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Duchess, Hoods and Creek nod and split off to search the place for Eye. While the rest of the petitions come along, which one do you accept? Which one is so insulting you kick them out of your hold for the day?

Anyway, as that circus wraps up for the day, you give a thought to finding Mastiff, and if you were to guess, she's somewhere where she'll get plenty of attention while not actually being in the press of people. So, that'd be the Eye. Anything else you wanna take care of before you go out amongst the people?

Eye, Albatross knows how the game's played, and she hems and haws, pushing for an endorsement on air that she knows she won't get over something so petty. Of course, just when it's looking like she'll fold, that's when Creek shows up and claps a hand on your shoulder. He says, "Boss lady wants you. Gotta talk to you about Jazz."

Albatross pounces on the opening, saying, "Oh, if you have to go, don't worry. I'll hold on to this for you." She flashes the charm and adds, "Anyway, I'm really glad I had the chance to explain all those misunderstandings for you. After all, I'm known far and wide in only dealing in the best quality I can get my hands on!"

Creek looks a bit confused and says, "Dat true? Thought she was a 'no good, lying, thieving charlatan.'" When he quotes your last announcement on the subject, his voice sounds exactly like yours did on the radio. Static and all It's... honestly a little disturbing.

Albatross gives you another flash of the charm and smiles serenely.

Also, how far is the KUSS from the hold? By foot and by wheel? An Hour? An Day? Also, where is Jazz, anyway? Was that him, or was it just a recording?

What do you do?

Sundown, You catch a flicker of movement, and then it looks like there's two of the Pastor, both overlapping the other. One is his normal, mundane self, but the other? Oh, that's a sight to see. A faceless man dressed in shining light and on his brow is a diadem made of rire. In his left hand hand, an endless cornucopia of blessings. As for his right hand? Drenched in blood, wielding an unseen weapon that destroys all it touches. And his other hand holds someone's face, ripped off and bloody. The third hand holds it in place on his head, wearing it as a mask for the whole world. That's when you realize that it's the pastor's own face he's holding up.

This one is interesting!

But, how do you plan show him the glory of the Maelstrom? How did you come to understand its glory? Do you view yourself as a prophet? Or is it a demanding ally? Or something else?

Oh, and if you were to go and kill Aurica now, how would you do it?

Aurica, you get a sudden chill down your spine, despite the heat. Like... someone just wished you dead and had half a mind to do it. But that's crazy, right? When's the last time you felt that much hate directed at you?

Your weird feelings aside, Megan gives another non-committal shrug, but she walks out the door to try and get Edith (or her people) into the Eye so you can talk things out.

For the record, that's Fingers in Every Pie. So roll that up, and we'll see what happens.

As you nigh glide over to Xorn, he gives you a cheery smile (sans a few teeth that you're pretty sure he had last time you saw him). He says, "Oh, this? Just had a disagreement 'bout what some of my scrap was worth. They were pretty persuasive, so I ended up agreeing to half what I asked." Then, he collapses in a chair and says, "So, how's business been for you? Glad to see you got the place fixed up again" As he drips a bit of blood onto your floor, you hear the jingle of valuables in his pocket.

What do you do?

Needles, after you finish cleaning up Rolf, he's lying in bed in the back. He's gonna be blitzed out of his gourd for the rest of the day, but after that, he should be fine. Zephyr hems and haws, but eventually decides that she's gotta go out and get business done. She says, "If anything happens to him while I'm not around, I'll burn this place to the ground." You don't think she's joking, either.

Fortunately, that cheerful thought is interrupted by Shugusa returning. He looks pretty smug as he introduces someone in waaaaay too much clothing for the weather. Three layers of robes, cloaks and others. M, as they apparently go by, says, "Heard you're a good medic out here. Heard about an old factory out in the wastes that. Heard it churns out some no-poo poo drugs. Seen it, too. Ain't anyone else round here heard about it. If I heard the right price, you'd hear a more about it. Hear enough to lead you right to the doorstep" When he names his price, you realize that it's more than you got on hand, but... that's pretty tempting, right?

Get him four barter, and he'll give you directions to something he claims will count as a supplier for your kit.

What do you do?

Mastiff, without a word, he snatches it up and says, "Done. But it's not gonna be today. It's Market Day, in case you haven't noticed, so I can't go out for a joyride. Get some food here on Duchess while you cool your heels."

Whatever you order, some twig of a guy takes your order and brings it out fast. Not like there's much else going on here. Well, except that guy half-bleeding to death over by Aurica. Also, you overheard most of the argument about Edith not showing up. Anything you wanna stick your nose in, or you content to keep reading and enjoying the hospitality?

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Duchess, Nothing like leaving your court and enduring the press of the people to remind you why it's good to be in charge. Who do you take with you and why?

When you get to the Storm, it looks like you caught Mastiff in time. She's and Aurica are loading up some beaten man on her weird mechanical animal.

What do you do?

Eye, Albatross rolls her eyes but says, "Fine." After a moment, they add, "I'll get it to 'em at the end of the day, anyway. I'm not ready to pack it in yet."

-------------------------------

Creek shakes his head, saying, "Can't." He thinks for a moment and adds, "Sorry. Really like your show."

When you mention him being Made, he shrugs, saying, "Nope. Don't think she'd care, but never came up." He gives you a side eye and asks, "You care?"

Assuming you don't try to make a run for it, you'll get directed to the Storm, with the others.

Needles, the person pauses and then nods, saying "Heard she has a lot of valuables. Fine."

Who lets you know where to find Duchess and what odd thing do you notice about your companion as they follow you to the Storm?

What do you do?

Aurica, he shrugs, wincing as he does, "Some folks from out by Jawbone. Had the masks and everything."

Mastiff and Aurica, as you're loading the half dead man up on Tib, you notice the small crowd forming up in front of the Storm.

What do you do?

Sundown, as you reveal yourself to him, he unconsciously takes a step forward before lurching back as if burned. He whispers, "Who... what are you?" Your response "A Wolf of the Maelstrom" sets off the last trigger you left in his brain, and he's yours. While you're together in one of the first pews, you wander through his mind.

What was your character’s lowest moment?
He watched his flock be beaten by the former hardholder's goons for not giving enough in "taxes." The cowardliness he felt for not doing anything haunts him to this day.

In what ways are your character’s mind and soul vulnerable?
He's worked so hard to become a hard enough man that he can protect his flock, but he fears that he may not yet be strong enough for the trials ahead. He'll do most anything to get his hands on enough power to guarantee their safety.

What are your character’s secret pains?
He knows he'll die without having worked the miracles he's heard real men of faith can do.

When you're done, he looks up at you, confused about his actions. "What did you do to me?"

What do you do?

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Sundown: you leave him behind, gradually rising out of his daze as your talons sink deeper into him.

So, what do you have planned for the rest of the day?

Also, what's the common word in the hold about you?

What do you do?

Needles: Wait, first off, who's paying you for this? Or are you gonna do it out of the goodness of your heart?

Spend a stock, and he'll be fine.

Mastiff: So, dropping what you're doing and going out on a rescue mission, huh? Just gonna pack up Tib and head out, or you have any preparations you wanna make? By your reckoning, you can get to Big Mound in about an hour and a half, so with any luck, you'll be back before sundown.

Also, you planning on trying to bring the guy back alive or not gonna try? Or just playing it by ear?

What do you do?

Duchess, something that would be interesting to Mastiff, huh? Did you see something good on your way here? Or are you just thinking you can find something by the time she gets back?

Also, Eye's here, spoutin' nonsense questions like usual, and Aurica's talking about coming along for the ride, which might not even be happening since Needles just up and showed up with news of a source of medicine from some weird fellow in full ?

Your boys are behaving themselves, but you catch a few of 'em glancing inside the Storm with longing in their eyes.

What do you do?

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Sundown, as your eyes snap open, you get the faintest scent of chaos. Blood, yells, smoke, the works. What's it remind you of?

You follow your nose through the press of people, and despite all the unwashed, diseased scavengers here today kicking up dust after every step, you can make out the scent as clear as anything. It leads you to the darkened rear of a canvas tent, where the press of people dissipates and only having a few passerbys everh hours. A man missing an arm and half a leg is sitting back there, mixing powders and and tapping off wiring in the dim light of the tent.

And that's when you see it. It's a pile of explosives, all wired together into something that'll make the closest thing to a portal to hell this side of the maelstrom. When it goes off (complete with timer or remote option, anything near it is gonna get vaporized. Comes with a complementary cart to wheel it around in, too. You don't know why, but the maelstrom wants you to have it.

If you bring up buying the hellbomb, the man doesn't look up as he asks for asking for enough that'll make it two bits of barter.

What do you do?

Eye, you get a message back from Jazz, and you can hear the panic in his voice. "I... I mighta messed him up some, but I'm sure he was alive when I left him! Mighta needed a crutch, but he was alive, drat it!" It's hard to get the Truth from that staticky voice, but you think he's telling the truth.

But is that just the loyalty talking?

Feel free to track Sundown... down after they figure out what they're doing with their new potential toy.

Needles and Duchess, H shakes his head, saying, "Ain't goin' back out there. Heard about all sorts of dangers between here and there. That's why I'm not just selling the meds."

He pauses and adds, "Well... heard she's got some vehicles that could give me a ride. If I get that, I'll bring back something to show what I heard is worth it. But I'll want a bit more for the trouble, then."

If you make him go get proof too, he's gonna charge 5 barter in total. But, you'll get a supply right off the bat, Needles.

What do you do?

Mastiff, You take a look around the place before getting any closer.
What's my best way in?
First off, it's only inhabited on one side. The other side is covered in mirrors and other shiny junk that they're famous for, which would give you plenty of places to climb up towards the town. It'd be mighty hot under them, though.

What should I look out for?
Well, outside of guards and normal residence who might take offense at a naked lady strutting around looking like a mean cuss? The place looks sort of empty right now, but some dust up in the distance says that there's a band of cars on the way back.

What is my enemy's true position?
It's the middle of the day, so you there's no way they got him working in the mirror fields. But, they probably don't keep him too far from them, so he's probably in one of the clay sheds just outside the fields, near the top of the hill.

What do you do?

Aurica, between your statement and Duchess' order, her men have gotten the hint. They do look a bit grumbly, though. A sign of things to come tonight? Which one is still on "probation" from your place? What'd he do?

Anyway, that's Edith shows up with Megan in tow. Megan starts to speak before Edith blows up, saying, "I ain't just leaving you high and dry for no reason, girl! You think I'm that fuckin' petty? No, my stage folk all vanished this morning in the market, and I haven't heard anything from them all day! I can make due without most of 'em if you give me a hand, but I need Farn! He's a fuckin' genius when it comes to the lights and sound. So, yes, I'd love to perform for you..." She gives you a wink before adding, "And your crowds, too, but I can't do poo poo without him! But if you figure out where they all went, I guarantee the show will be loving amazing. Knock your socks right off."

What do you do?

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Duchess, M looks at you for a long while, then shrugs. "Heard about another market day off to the west. I'll be moving on in two days if I haven't heard a deal."

He's giving you a deadline of two days to make your decision, but otherwise, he's content to let you pick up the tab for him for now.

Well, it's bought you some time, but he doesn't seem worried that he'll have trouble finding other buyers. Who are you worried he'd sell the info to, in particular?

Also, looks like Aurica might have some problems of her own with entertainment tonight. The Storm is outside the hold, sure, but you'll have to put up with a lot of poo poo if people don't get to blow off steam tonight. Or do you want to focus on finding out what that Jazz kid done? Or maybe just trying to find some deals yourself down in the barter pit?

And, as an aside, what's something that you forbid to be traded on market day? Why?

What do you do?

Mastiff, you make it through the mirror fields without any trouble, and after peeking through a barred window, you see an exhausted looking Rash snoring away on a dirty pile of rags. Unfortunately, there's a guard posted outside the door to the shack. Her clothing is made of the shiny fabric that Big Mounders are known for. It's not armor, really, but it's supposed to help keep them cool. She's also got a pistol on her hip, and she's rocking back and forth on a chair, watching the dust clouds in the distance grow closer.

What do you do?

Aurica, Edith lets out a huff as you tease her, saying, "Me? I've been nothing but an angel, dear." She gestures you away from Duchess before saying, "But... Farn's been hooked on dust for a while. He ended up in debt, and he said he had a way out. But... I ain't seen him since he went down to the market to make the trade. Think he was going to go meet some Black Earth Leaguers to square things up, but..." She shrugs, not having anything else to say. They're a rough crew, but they don't tend to murder for fun. You've had a few of them pass through. Black Earth League live down in coal mines to the southwest and are always covered in coal soot that they use to help protect from the sun the rare times they go aboveground during the day.. What was your last encounter with some of them like in the Storm?

She looks around and adds, grinning, "So, after this show... you have any plans, girl?"

One track mind on that girl.

What do you do?

Eye, Sunny Jim gives you a grin, saying, "Oooh, I got some good stuff. Heard 'bout some kidnapping that happened just last night. And a few people skipped town, too. But first, what you got for me?"

What do you do?

Needles, from the sound of it, you won't be finding out about that factory any time soon. But, you've got your hands full with this Xon guy, anyway. Once you put him under so you can work, you here him muttering in his sleep. What's he say about Aurica?

You get back and help the other lunks move Xon into your clinic. Erfboi's lurking outside your place, though... That could be worrisome.

Also, who are you planning on collecting from for this patch job, anyway?

What do you do?

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Sundown, where are you hiding the bomb? Why do you think it won't be discovered?

Also, as you're headed towards Eye, which survivor from the last hold you were at do you spot in the crowd? What awful injury are they still nursing?

I'll get the rest of yall tomorrow, but just didn't wanna leave Sundown out of the loop.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Needles, that's pretty solid reasoning, vis a vis favors vs jingle. Anyone ever stiff you on a favor?
Still, Erfboi doesn't seem to get the hint, as he shows up to darken the inside of your clinic, yelling, "Hey, you got Rowlf in here? I got a score to finish with him?

It's just you, Xon and Shugusa right now, with old man Rowlf stuck behind some of the tattered tarps you use as curtains farther in the back.

What do you do?

Duchess, as one eyed ammo merchant hands over the belt of bullets while she grumbles something about an "ice bitch" under his breath, you can feel the hairs on the back of your neck standing on end. There's eyes staring at you. More than normal staring of "Holy poo poo, is that Duchess?" too. They're watching you.

That's when the cry of "Lord Mad-Cap can never die! Death to the pretender!" echos from around you. A handful of men in robes that were concealing makeshift breastplates (armor 1) start pushing through the crowd towards you waving rusted bits of metal that could generously be called swords.

People are screaming, your boys are looking to you for orders, and you think that guy might have short changed you on those bullets for the techincals.

Fuckin' Market Day, am I right?

What do you do?

Since your folk have guns, you can attack without fear of getting harm back. However, the crowd is gonna take half of the harm if you do that. If you want to wait for them to get closer and the crowd to empty out more, you can resolve your violence as normal.

Also, why does Erfboi want to put Rowlf so bad? What could Rowlf have said that would have set Erfboi off so hard?

Sundown, the unnerving silence surrounding you breaks as the assassination attempt breaks out into a riot. You still wanna sneak up on Trance? You're gonna go low and muscle through that panicked crowd to get behind him, taking 1 harm. Otherwise, you turn tail, and he'll catch sight of you, knowing that you're somewhere around here.

What do you do?

Eye, Sunny Jim eyes the tunes hungry, but eventually shakes her head, saying, "I... dunno. No. Nope. This is pretty good stuff, Eye. Toss in some jingle, and you got yourself a deal. Trust me, you won't regret it. You broadcast this and everyone's gonna be talkin'."

What do you do?

Mastiff, her eyes go wide and she throws her hands up before understanding what you want. Then, holding the pistol in two fingers as if it were a snake that could bite her at any moment, she slowly moves to hand it to you without ever being able to point it at you. Slamming it against the lock on the door, the door swings open, and the exhausted, sweaty Rash looks up at you with blinking eyes, saying, "Whatdoyawant? I can't do no more work today, lady."

Looks like both of you are free, but that dust cloud is awful close and the sun's still beating down hot. Turning away from the shiny mirrors shows that the path to the front gate is mostly unblocked, with only a few people dragging junk metal up the street towards the shack.

What do you do?

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Needles, Erfboi grabs your wrist before you can level the gun, and he socks you right in the gut. The gun falls to the ground and he kicks it across the room, where it skitters behind the curtain that's hiding Rowlf. Then, he lets go of you, starts looking around, and booms, "Where the gently caress is he? He's gotta be around here somewhere."

What do you do?

Take a point of harm.

Eye, she looks at the string of shiny dangling parts and grins, "Oh, that's a sight for sore eyes. We'll be able to keep the ol' radio working for a long time with those. And, hey, that means we can hear KUSS all the time, so it's win-win, right?"

Grinning, she says, "Ok, early this morning. I get up and make sure the Mis-Cheef's is ready for market day, right? It still ain't light out, but I see some outsider get jumped by them folks from out in that old mine. They dragged him off to one of the empty storage sheds, and me being me, I go and peek in a window. But they ain't there! Long story short? They got a tunnel that leads from that shed and out under the wall, I bet. In fact, I bet they're still down there, since they're waiting for the sun to go down so they can head back home with that poor sap."

Her face goes sour as she adds, "Also, buncha welshers left town without settling their tab." She starts ticking them off on her fingers as she says their names, but holy poo poo! Secret tunnel into the hold? Duchess would probably flip her poo poo if she heard about that. Anyway, which name surprises you that they ducked out of town without paying?

What do you do?

Aurica, she lets out a little snort and says, "drat, it's poo poo like this that makes me wonder why I ever left." She squeezes your hand back and then leans in close, saying, "Well, if you got the jingle, why not send that girl of yours out to make a trade? And I'm sure we can find something to do while we wait?"

What do you do?

Sundown, forcing your way through the fear maddened crowd earns you more than your share of elbows and knees, but you manage to move behind Trance and deal with him before he can make a move. His eyes lose focus for a moment, but even while they're still unfocused, he grabs you by the arm and yanks you after him. Much bigger and stronger than you, he muscles his way through the crowd with little effort. He tosses you into the alley and then stands at the entrance of the alley, back to you while facing the crowd, decking anyone in the crowd that gets to close to your hidey hole. Looks like he's going to be standing there until things calm down, but that's probably going to be it for your compulsion.

You glance behind you to the freedom of the other end of the alley.

What do you do?

Mastiff, he looks surprised and says, "Wait, you ain't pullin my leg, missy? You really here to get me out?" Pulling himself up by the bits of wood jutting out of the shack's makeshift walls, he totters to his feet and says, "Well, what are we standing around here for?"

As you guide him through the mirrors, you see the dust cloud arrive at the gates of the settlement, and a yelling match starts that you can hear from your side of the camp. Once you exit, though Rash about near collapses panting. He's in pretty bad shape.

What do you do?

Duchess, Despite the chaotic organization of the defense, your boys easily repulse the attack, and they all seems to be in one piece. Still, who's gonna have the best scar, once all is said and done?

Your gang right now is Medium, as parts of it are still throughout the city, but with the one armor base and 2 from size, your boys are basically all fine.
They, on the other hand, leaderless mob that they are, are butchered, with the survivors scattered to the winds.

The crowd is much more muted than before, but you see goods start to change hands again. Jobber's voice carries over the low drone of the crowd, saying, "I got a live one here!" He kicks them to make sure, and then gestures to the others to come over and carry him off back to your keep. No one else on the ground seems to be moving, though.

What do you do?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Sundown, as you eat, you notice that the tables around you are suddenly rather empty. People always tend to give you a wide berth, huh? Anyway, that's when one of Duchess' goons (Jobber, if you've even committed any of their names to memory) comes up to you and says, "Uh. Duchess wants you to talk to you. In the keep. She'll be there in a little." He thinks for a second longer and adds, "I can escort you there, if you want. Or not. Whichever you want."

What do you do?

Eye, well, you at least got out of that with your dignity mostly intact. That Sundown is a real creeper, right?

That's when Rowlf almost plows into you. His face looks half mad, half vacant, but he's clinging to you and muttering something about how Duchess must want him dead and he's gotta get out of here.

His clothes are pretty bloody, too, but it does look like he's gotten some medical care.

What do you do?

Needles, he sneers at you when you threaten Zepher's wrath, but the Duchess gives him pause. He grunts and you can hear the gears turning in his simple mind. He takes a step back and grunts, "Fine. If he ain't here, he ain't here. So, I'll be on my way." He turns to leave and then stops to look over his shoulder, "But I don't want word of this little visit between us getting around. Ya dig?"

Once he's gone, you go to check on Rowlf, but he's gone!

What do you do!

He'll be on his way, assuming you agree to keep this just between the two of you.

Also, you don't take a harm, but while you were busy with Erf-boi, Rowlf flew the coup! Or got kidnapped! Or who knows what?

Duchess, as you're getting ready to head out, Zeb hobbles out onto the street and takes charge of the remaining cleanup.

Altogether, the scrap and such is going to be worth one barter later. Just so you know.

On the way to Needle's, you run into Erf-boi a few "blocks" away. He looks at Birdie and lets out a whistle, saying, "Guess I missed some fun. Anyone I need to take apart for you, boss lady?"

What do you do?

Mastiff, sure enough, they don't even seem to notice Trib, but some naked weirdo running away from their compound? That's gonna get their notice, for sure. But, well, they're keeping an eye out for anything odd, and they spot you. As they get out of their cars, you see them looking at you, unsure of what to make of you. But the biggest one, decked out with some no-poo poo gold chains shrugs and says, "Off her."

There's a small gang of them, and they'll be doing +1 harm to you because you've exposed yourself to extra risk.

So, they've 4 harm from their handguns and 1 armor. Would be two armor for the gang, but you've got an area weapon in the halberd). Exchange harm.

What do you do?

Aurica, Edith rolls her eyes and mutters, "What's the point of having gofers if you just go with her?" She does pull back and let you lead the way.

So, where are you going?

• Locked thread