Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

thathonkey posted:

the band Muse loving sucks all of their songs suck

haha hell fuckin yea

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZombieJesus
Feb 26, 2005

He died for your sins, he rose for your BRAINS
Lyrics in music suck, and all music with lyrics sucks.

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

b-minus1 posted:

Nu metal owns, and will continue to own forever
:same:

Kid Rock is also same except when he tries to be sensitive or deep. Like, no. Just be the trashy motherfucker and let it ride

ICP Insane Clown Posse is also same as gently caress here. Cuz, really if you can not take it seriously, there are some god drat funny as poo poo lines and delivery. Not everything though, there's a whole lot of utter poo poo, and their fans are utter poo poo, the whole entire juggalo culture inculded.

buckets of buckets
Apr 8, 2012

CHECK OUT MY AWESOME POSTS
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=114&perpage=40#post447051278

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=91&perpage=40#post444280066

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3818944&pagenumber=196&perpage=40#post472627338

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3788178&pagenumber=405&perpage=40#post474195694

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3831643&pagenumber=5&perpage=40#post475694634
I unironically enjoy the sound of the bagpipes

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

b-minus1 posted:

Nu metal owns, and will continue to own forever

does Rammstein count as nu-metal

Rammstein owns and will always own and Du Hast will get me to headbang and do the Tillhammer without fail every fuckin' time

Rhombic Drive
Apr 15, 2007

I generally prefer instrumental music (but I still like music with singing, especially when the vocalist is really good). In songs with lyrics I do not care about the quality of writing in the lyrics at all. I don't listen to songs and consciously process what the lyrics are actually saying, only what the singing adds musically.

Squidder
Mar 19, 2003

King of the Cat Tree

Oven Wrangler
I like Die Antwoord. (I also enjoyed their feature length video Chappie)

Dr. Dogballs Jr.
Jun 9, 2014

the angriest sex machine

Turdsdown Tom posted:

does Rammstein count as nu-metal

Rammstein owns and will always own and Du Hast will get me to headbang and do the Tillhammer without fail every fuckin' time

i just saw them live a few months ago and your post rings true of that whole arena

dogmother1776
Apr 16, 2016

Squirrel Nut Zippers is a great band and candy.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Machina/The Machines of God is in fact a good album.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

The Foo Fighters really aren't very good

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

punk is dead and bad

Polish Avenger
Feb 13, 2007
has an invalid opinion.

thathonkey posted:

the band Muse loving sucks all of their songs suck

Their singer has this stupid tick that really bothers me. Pay attention when he holds a longer note making an "O" sound and you'll hear the dumb thing he does.

Sparingly, it's useful technique but he does it almost every single time and it's annoying.

The guitar riffs are fun though.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

ZombieJesus posted:

idk if you're joking but I used to think this unironically

Chronic Reagan
Oct 13, 2000

pictures of plastic men
Fun Shoe
I like ska. Mostly the original Jamaican version and the British revival.

Also:

ZombieJesus posted:

I generally prefer instrumental music.

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
sometimes i enjoy bob dylans harmonica "playing"

PinkoBastard
Oct 3, 2010
The Smashing Pumpkins were always terrible.

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
U2 are really bad

Chart music has gone massively downhill in the last couple of years, it's so whiny now, james bay ,Shawn mendes, whoever did that song about being 7 years old etc etc need to go away imho

It's extremely embarrassing that my adult male coworker almost exclusively puts on them and Paloma Faith

Beelerzebub
May 28, 2016

I came here to laugh at you.

Chronic Reagan posted:

I like ska. Mostly the original Jamaican version and the British revival.

Ska's pretty good. Really nice for casual listening.

Beelerzebub fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Oct 19, 2016

a retard
Jan 7, 2013

by Lowtax

Fart.Bleed.Repeat. posted:

:same:

Kid Rock is also same except when he tries to be sensitive or deep. Like, no. Just be the trashy motherfucker and let it ride

ICP Insane Clown Posse is also same as gently caress here. Cuz, really if you can not take it seriously, there are some god drat funny as poo poo lines and delivery. Not everything though, there's a whole lot of utter poo poo, and their fans are utter poo poo, the whole entire juggalo culture inculded.

icp has a couple of videos called "stranglemania" where they riff on japanese deathmatch wrestling and it's loving great

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

:slick: :slick: :slick: :slick:
all of the songs from The Smiths sound the same and that sound is really, really boring

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

WAY TO GO WAMPA!! posted:

all of the songs from The Smiths sound the same and that sound is really, really boring

lol, the lead singers voice is really loving bad sometimes.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

The Smiths are one of those bands where the descriptor "Greatest Hits" is ridiculously accurate.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Ween is one of the greatest rock bands of all time, but you ignored them because of "Push the 'Lil Daisies." Can't blame you. Jump on the train before one of those fuckers OD or something.

Dr. Dogballs Jr. posted:

gwar is the best band to see live, ever.
Gwar's also released several solid albums that you can listen to outside the context of the live show, especially towards the end of their career.

more like dICK
Feb 15, 2010

This is inevitable.
death grips is trash for idiots

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

caligulamprey posted:

Ween is one of the greatest rock bands of all time, but you ignored them because of "Push the 'Lil Daisies." Can't blame you. Jump on the train before one of those fuckers OD or something.

didn't they break up a few years ago and one of the guys became a charter boat captain

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps
I really don't like the band Muse. They do nothing for me, and their continued success makes annoys me as I believe there are bands who are more deserving of the acclaim.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Alec Bald Snatch posted:

didn't they break up a few years ago and one of the guys became a charter boat captain

I think he might have already been running charters but yes.

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps

WAY TO GO WAMPA!! posted:

God drat you!

a very large fish
Oct 18, 2012
Most music is deserving of your scorn. Finding good music is a chore and almost everything I hear makes me angry. Angry that an art form with so much potential produces poo poo that, for the most part, is incredibly boring. Everyone who makes it is an insincere clown and a narcissist. No exceptions.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

dick wizard posted:

Most music is deserving of your scorn. Finding good music is a chore and almost everything I hear makes me angry. Angry that an art form with so much potential produces poo poo that, for the most part, is incredibly boring. Everyone who makes it is an insincere clown and a narcissist. No exceptions.
This applies to all forms of art and media. Everything is mediocre at best and you're lucky to find a diamond in the rough.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

PinkoBastard posted:

The Smashing Pumpkins were always terrible.

They were easily the most talented of the mainstream 90s rock bands.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

dick wizard posted:

1. Sturgeon's Law
2. Internet distribution makes finding the cream of the crop way harder than it used to be.
3. You're no longer a child and have been around the block enough times to recognize patterns in media output, so you have to really dig to find anything "fresh"

Ratios and Tendency posted:

They were easily the most talented of the mainstream 90s rock bands.
I find this is unpopular among a certain stripe-- Mellon Collie is really good.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

ZombieJesus posted:

does sigur ros count or no :ohdear:

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

The Frogs are the Velvet Underground of the late '80s/early '90s Alt scene, only with songs about 8-month-olds blowing them and stuff.

"1979" my Smashing Pumpkins is in fact a re-written Frogs B-Side.

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

mind the walrus posted:

Hot Fuss by the Killers has aged really well in spite of itself.

This is It by The Strokes and anything by The Strokes sucks.

I am mad that anyone could think The Killers are good but The Strokes suck

mad about music

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

Coldplay is actually good. That song they stole from Joe Satriani was an improvement over the original.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Weird Al is a talented musician who will be remembered long after the artists he has parodied are forgotten.

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

:slick: :slick: :slick: :slick:

dick wizard posted:

It took me many years, but I count my blessings every day that I found the song 'Wildflower' by Ghostface Killah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flaccid Trip
Apr 29, 2008

Dio sucked.

Music festivals are awful.

• Locked thread