Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Cup of Hemlock posted:

but I don't have that kind of time or money right now.

Get a better job! :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

SourKraut posted:

Get a better job! :colbert:

Protip: don't have your first child during a pennant chase. (Although he seems to be good luck so far.)

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Cup of Hemlock posted:

Man, what's this whining about Dodger fan attendance again? There are a lot of different types of fans here: guys who wear the cap but don't follow the team that closely, guys who love the team but would rather watch at a bar, guys who don't necessarily have $100+ before food and seven hours for a game on a Tuesday afternoon at 5:00 PM. I feel like some people are culturally religious, and some are culturally Dodger fans.

3.7 million people went to a game this year. They're not all going to be diehards with means. (There could also be fans saving up money and crossing their fingers for a World Series game to go to, but that's probably a real small minority.) I grew up with the Dodgers and would love to go to some of these games, but I don't have that kind of time or money right now.

If there ends up being a parade, though, you can bet the house my whole family and I - and tens of thousands of other people - are going to be "sick" that day.
It's SourKraut, aka the most prolific Cubs poster you never saw before October. His baseball posts have to be taken with a heap of salt.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

bawfuls posted:

It's SourKraut, aka the most prolific Cubs poster you never saw before October. His baseball posts have to be taken with a heap of salt.

Look back through the archived GDT threads and you'll see my posts during Cubs games when I could make them (I live in Phoenix, so a lot of games were during my work hours when it's hard to post).

But sure, keep on trumpeting your ignorant narrative.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
There'll be empty seats in Wrigley on Saturday too I'm sure.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

Islam is the Lite Rock FM posted:

There'll be empty seats in Wrigley on Saturday too I'm sure.

:golfclap:

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

SourKraut posted:

Look back through the archived GDT threads and you'll see my posts during Cubs games when I could make them (I live in Phoenix, so a lot of games were during my work hours when it's hard to post).

But sure, keep on trumpeting your ignorant narrative.
I have not noticed you in N/V threads much before so my assumption is that you haven't followed that closely. That, plus your absurd opinions which sound like you're parroting local sports talk radio callers. It's fine if you perk up for the postseason, I'm that way with most non-baseball sports. But you spout off about a lot of dumb poo poo that makes you look foolish. Try taking a cue from Kevlar and Popete, noted good Cubs posters (who still embody :negative: cubsposting as much as anyone)

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

bawfuls posted:

I have not noticed you in N/V threads much before so my assumption is that you haven't followed that closely. That, plus your absurd opinions which sound like you're parroting local sports talk radio callers. It's fine if you perk up for the postseason, I'm that way with most non-baseball sports. But you spout off about a lot of dumb poo poo that makes you look foolish. Try taking a cue from Kevlar and Popete, noted good Cubs posters (who still embody :negative: cubsposting as much as anyone)

I never see you post in any other sports threads (at least for college football, NFL, or the NBA GDTs) but I'll take you at your word that you do since who cares anyway. And I'm a hyperbolic poster, but I looked at a lot of your posts for August and September and you were all doom and gloom about the Dodgers and pretty much along a similar line in a lot of ways, but I understand that's it's easy to overlook one's own hyperbole at times.

Regardless, the biggest "silly point" you seemed to have was with the bandwagon statement, which was absurd of me, but I'll stand by that it's a bit silly for any big market team to not have sold out a playoff game. It's obviously easier for the Cubs to since Wrigley is smaller, but that's also why your comment about attendance itself is disingenuous - larger stadiums yield higher attendance numbers, so the better question is how many games were sold not.

Anyway, you seem like a cool dude and when the Dodgers likely win I'll wish you good luck but I still hate Utley and the Dodgers would be a lot cooler if he weren't on the team.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

bawfuls posted:

Try taking a cue from Kevlar and Popete, noted good Cubs posters (who still embody :negative: cubsposting as much as anyone)

I appreciate this, but I'll never be as good at pessimistic posting as Mangles

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

I appreciate this, but I'll never be as good at pessimistic posting as Mangles

A truly generational Cubs posting talent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast

Popete posted:

A truly generational Cubs posting talent.

You've heard of the Millville Meteor? Meet the Chicago Shitposter. The Wrigleyville Retreatist. The Negative Northside Naysayer.

• Locked thread