Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ride The Gravitron

by FactsAreUseless
My feet tend to get hot. like I can probably cook an egg on them at the end of the day hot. I need a thin breathable sock that allows my feet to dispell heat and cool down. I've researched socks to get the best fit for me and apparently I am the only person in the world with this problem because every place recommends the biggest, thickest cotton socks on the market to keep your feet warm. I've spent hours in the sock aisle looking for thin socks for me. There is none. If you're buying a mens sock then be ready to carry 3 pounds of cotton on each foot.

One day long ago I didn't have any clean socks. I borrowed some from my then girlfriend. That was the first day in my life that my feet were comfortable. They were cool all day, they were relaxed, my feet could breathe for once. the sock was so thin that when I put it on you could see through the fabric. While I'm grateful for the discovery it has made sock shopping a bit awkward since I have to go to the women's section for them and they are usually placed right next to the underwear. But it's worth it. My drawers are filled with women's socks and my feet couldn't be happier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrWillsauce

same goes for underwear imo

joke_explainer

Get light crew merino wool hiking socks. Best socks ever. Fine for men or women.

Historical Wizards

Ride The Gravitron posted:

My feet tend to get hot. like I can probably cook an egg on them at the end of the day hot. I need a thin breathable sock that allows my feet to dispell heat and cool down. I've researched socks to get the best fit for me and apparently I am the only person in the world with this problem because every place recommends the biggest, thickest cotton socks on the market to keep your feet warm. I've spent hours in the sock aisle looking for thin socks for me. There is none. If you're buying a mens sock then be ready to carry 3 pounds of cotton on each foot.

One day long ago I didn't have any clean socks. I borrowed some from my then girlfriend. That was the first day in my life that my feet were comfortable. They were cool all day, they were relaxed, my feet could breathe for once. the sock was so thin that when I put it on you could see through the fabric. While I'm grateful for the discovery it has made sock shopping a bit awkward since I have to go to the women's section for them and they are usually placed right next to the underwear. But it's worth it. My drawers are filled with women's socks and my feet couldn't be happier.

Most of my non-athletic socks are pretty thin, with just a few thick pairs for being super cozy in the winter.
Unless you have already tried those and they are also too thick

Many thanks Social Vegan for the wonderful av, and Fanky Malloons for the sig

Fredflonston

these are what you need my dawg. You dont have to get the three pack though unless you have the legendary 3rd foot like myself. They sell em in even numbers.

Macnult

call up your then girlfriend and offer to buy her a men's sweater that's too big for her in exchange for a new set of women's socks

Lawrence Gilchrist

My mom gave me her silk and technical fabric undershirts and tights and they are way better than fruit of the loom or hanes

Piso Mojado

wool socks or gtfo

Ahundredbux

The right to bear arms
pretty sure the only thing that separates women's & men's socks are the average sizes so go hog wild

not sure how you've not managed to find thin men's socks yet though :shrug:

Looke

so the semen doesn't leak out

Chill la Chill

Don't lose your gay

Thin socks really bother me. I almost always wear thick, white athletic socks even with dress shoes as long as they aren't showing. Feet feel like they're falling out my shoes and slipping and sliding all over there if I wear thin socks. I know it's mental since the shoe sizes are correct, but thin socks are gross.

Apparently I'm #1 Kotori fan

thank you matoi and vanisher for the sigs, lovely dad for the cool av

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

City of Glompton

Piso Mojado posted:

wool socks or gtfo

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

• Locked thread