Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Great work chores!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...

Drunk Nerds posted:

Great work chores!

the r:evil:olution was real

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Just glad someone presented a strong case for somebody, because I was starting to doubt my whole "let's lynch people for no reason because math"

Plus I was soo close to voting AR about 6 hours ago after they got kinda personal about their targeting reasons.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

got some chores tonight posted:

your birthday was like last week or something you claimed it in this thread!!!

My birthday was last week.

My birthday PARTY is this week :toot:

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
As promised, here's a picture of my kids in their human form

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.

Drunk Nerds posted:

As promised, here's a picture of my kids in their human form

Very cute, but it's kind of weirding me out that they look like their dad could be the guy in your avatar.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:beerpal: Votecount for Day 4 :beerpal:

Absurd Revolver (13): got some chores tonight, zimbomonkey, Atomic Soda, Izzhov, King Burgundy, DrAlexanderTobacco, CapitalistPig, DickBastardly, Absurd Revolver, Moatillata, OMGVBFLOL, Tobbs Gnawed, Drunk Nerds
Lynch No One! (2): King Burgundy, Mayor Glowku, Anomalous Amalgam, King Burgundy
DickBastardly (2): Tobbs Gnawed, Tobbs Gnawed, Captain Foo, Max, Tobbs Gnawed, CapitalistPig, Drunk Nerds, Moatillata, Absurd Revolver, Tobbs Gnawed, Atomic Soda, Atomic Soda, CapitalistPig, Absurd Revolver, Moatillata, Drunk Nerds
zimbomonkey (1): Izzhov, Tobbs Gnawed, Tobbs Gnawed, The Lord of Hats, Izzhov
Tobbs Gnawed (0): zimbomonkey, zimbomonkey
Jonathan Fisk (0): Anomalous Amalgam, Anomalous Amalgam
Infinitum (0): Absurd Revolver, Tobbs Gnawed, Absurd Revolver, Tobbs Gnawed
got some chores tonight (0): Captain Foo, Captain Foo

Not Voting (4): dongsbot9000, Infinitum, Jonathan Fisk, this is a stickup :rubshands:

With 22 people still alive, it takes 12 votes to lynch.
The current deadline is November 04th, 2016 at 1 a.m. EDT -- that's in about 3 hours, 26 minutes.

And here I was starting to wonder if I'd actually have to stay up till 1 AM to end the day!

The lynching vote was Tobbs Gnawed.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Izzhov posted:

Very cute, but it's kind of weirding me out that they look like their dad could be the guy in your avatar.

I thought the same thing

ALSO

This is the second time a poster has posted a pic of their kids itt

Makes you think

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

The humidity of the day was brutal - thick, murky, and left you feeling like you were breathing a rancid pea soup (or seafood chowder, depending on how close you were to the harbor). As the sun sank lower in the sky, the air began to clear a bit - but the crush of people crowding around the gallows certainly didn't help matters. Excitement mixed with trepidation as they watched the first victim trudge his way up the stairs...

~~~

He tried to make a run for it, when the tide started to turn against him. Unfortunately, he didn't make it far - and now that he was here, he seemed thoroughly resigned to his fate. The gallows creaked under his weight, and the hangman struggled to tighten the noose around his tattooed neck. Finally, the deed was done - he swung from the rope, and for the first (and last) time in his life, his prodigious size did little for him other than speed his demise.

quote:

You've always been one for ending a conversation. When you walk into a room, people just naturally seem to go quiet. Is it your towering bulk, the scars on your hands and arms from countless fights, or the grim tattoos emblazoned across your face? Who knows - and who cares? People are worthless and uncontrollable, and would do better to shut up and let the REAL tough guys work.

Sure, you had a rough life as Mama's biggest son. Plenty of folks wanted to test you - see what you were good for, see if you were worth respecting. Well, you showed them best as you could, but drat if they didn't all just talk too much. Threw you right off your stride, and made it just a little bit harder to bloody your knuckles good against their weak hides.

But oh, when you found Shine - everything just got lovely and quiet around you, like the world dropped to a whisper - finally giving you the respect you deserved. And when people bragged about all the amazing things Shine did for them... all you had to do was crack a rough smile, and they slunk away with their tails between their legs. They knew what you could do, and they know to shut up and RESPECT you.

Mama always told you that you could be whatever you wanted to be, and in the end you decided all you wanted was to shut everyone else up. Looks like Shine's given you exactly what you wished for - funny how that works.

:rip: Absurd Revolver, aka Dietrich Douaron, Mama's First Son, Black Hand Gang-Aligned Vanilla {Shine Roleblocker}, was lynched on Day 4! :rip:

~~~

That day, there had been a quiet - yet vicious - flurry of bargaining and old favors called in among the constables. After the past two days, none of them wanted to be the one to fetch the second nominee for a hempen necktie. In the end, one luckless rookie swallowed hard enough to send his protruding Adam's Apple shooting along the length of his neck as he shakily unlocked the holding cell. The door swung open wide, revealing....

...the person they had thrown in there earlier that day, with dirt-stained hands, nails ragged from frantic digging, and a disappointed look on their face. (It seems you weren't the only one that was thinking about the previous two days' escapes.) After the initial breath of relief swept across the assembled crowd, the rest of their dark business was just a blur.

quote:

The Carollas have been good to you all your life - it's the usual story. Raised you as a child after your parents were gunned down in some pointless turf war, taught you the ways of the world, and brought you up to be their perfect little minion. And boy, isn't that just great?

Growing up with the Carollas, you learned to shut up and stay out of the way plenty fast after the first few times you got backhanded for being a typical whiny child. You still have the scars from their rings - they never did fade, all those years later. Ah well. At least you never could bring yourself to care about looking attractive, anyhow. Not like it'd do anything for you. Better to just fade into the background - unseen, unheard, unwanted. That's the safe way to go.

When you had your first drink of Shine, it was eye-opening. You literally fell through your barstool - and while everyone was laughing at you, you got so embarrassed that you kept on falling, all the way through the floor into the basement. They stopped laughing then... and started thinking about how you could be an even more useful little tool to them. After all, someone who can slip through walls like they aren't even there - now, that'd be a perfect spy. These days, you still wonder every now and then... maybe the drink naturally gave you what you wanted - a way to be useful and valued - or maybe it just has a nasty sense of humor, indulging your desire to stay out of the way. Who knows? Nobody can explain why people get the powers from Shine that they do.

I mean, you can't complain. The family takes care of you, and so you take care of the family. But sometimes you wonder - what would your life have been like if your parents had lived? Would you have been someone who actually wanted to exist? Would you have been... happy?

:rip: Somberbrero, aka Justine Carlisle, Carolla Family-Aligned Vanilla {Rolecop}, was lynched on Day 4! :rip:

~~~

Dabbing sweaty droplets from their brows in relief, New Orleans' residents made their way home to await a night that promised to be as hot and muggy as the preceding day. But with them, they brought a spark of hope, barely beginning to kindle - perhaps things were finally starting to take a turn for the better? Only time would tell.

Night 4 begins now. You have ~22 hours from this post (until Friday 11/4 @ 8:00 PM Eastern) to get me any night actions. (Please also let me know if you have a night action and are not using it!) This is a strict limit - if I don't hear from you by that time you will forfeit your night action!

I'm traveling this weekend, but the next day should begin by 12:00 AM Eastern on Saturday 11/5 (meaning midnight Friday night). I'll see most of you then.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
:beerpal: Hello folks! Unfortunately, real life obligations have intervened - I'll have the thread open either later tonight (?) or tomorrow morning. No specific time, I'm afraid, but trust me when I say I'll get it sorted out ASAP. I thank you all very much for your patience and enthusiasm! :beerpal:

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
Kb did you receive your shine?

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
:sludgepal: Sincere apologies for the delay. Going a bit light on flavor as I'm pressed for time. :sludgepal:

After the heartening end to the previous day, New Orleans' residents sprang from their beds - eager to see if their turn of good luck had held through the night. With such fervent optimism, were they setting themselves up for disappointment?

~~~

The young lad had clearly fallen from a great height - and spread on the sidewalk as he was, it was easy to see the bullet holes riddling his slim frame that had caused it. The first person to find him had to uncurl him from a fetal position - apparently his last thought in life was only to protect an old, battered telescope that now lay on the ground by him, stained with his life's blood.

quote:

You've never understood how people can be afraid of heights. Scaling a steeple or clock tower, the whole city spreads out beneath you like a glorious painted canvas. People scurry around below you like little ants, doing their business throughout New Orleans. And to the ants... you are God.

Boy, that sounded pretty imposing, didn't it? Reality's not that exciting - you do like climbing things to get away from it all, since the city can get a bit much for you every now and then. And while you're up there, it's fun to use your trusty spyglass to see what people are up to. Apparently it belonged to your great-grandfather, who was a sailor - after he was lost at sea, his captain returned his possessions to his widow (your great-grandmother) and then it worked its way down to you. You imagine that you can still smell the sea salt when you extend the spyglass to its full length, hanging off of a bell tower like a proper sailor. (Which you'd never dare to do without a little help from Shine, of course.) The world shifts and sways beneath you like the sea - it's almost peaceful.

There's lots of interesting things going on in the city, and only someone from a bird's eye view like yours is going to see them all!

:rip: got some chores tonight, aka Scott Elliston, New Orleans-Aligned Follower {Bulletproof}, was filled with lead on Night 4! :rip:

~~~

It wasn't until the morning had drawn into early afternoon that people realized something was off - the fireworks that had welcomed each day no longer fired. It took some hunting, but their source was soon found - albeit with no trace of the one who had been firing them off. Without her hand guiding them, New Orleans' residents would no longer start each day as invigorated as they had been. Whether her intentions were truly in the town's best interests, there's no denying the fact that her loss would be keenly felt.

quote:

Even New Orleans gets a little bit boring, from time to time. You wouldn't expect it from a city like this, but everything naturally seems to follow the same patterns day in and out. People wake up in the morning, go to work, stop off for a drink on the way home, and then go to sleep. It's enough to put YOU to sleep, with how tiresome it is!

Even when fights break out, they always tend to work out the same way. Someone gets duffed up, someone walks away the winner, and the crowd wanders off after the show's over. When Shine showed up, you were hopeful that it'd shake things up - but nope, Shiner brawls are pretty much the same, other than being a bit flashier and drawing a bigger crowd. Bah. While your own Shine powers are certainly useful - can't turn down a bit of peeping on whomever your fancy leads you to - they're nothing much for shaking this place up.

That's where your plan comes in. You figure, with how big New Orleans are and how tense things have gotten lately, a good unexpected - and creepy - fireworks show will REALLY get things moving! You've set up plenty of fireworks stashes all around the city - and they're timed and primed to fire off each night and keep people guessing! You have no idea how it'll work out... but it'll help keep New Orleans interesting, and that's good enough for you!

:rip: Drunk Nerds, aka Emmelia Foret, New Orleans-Aligned Limited Lights Out Enabler {Voyeur}, vanished mysteriously on Night 4! :rip:

~~~

The morning's news is a stark reversal from your recent successes. How will the coming day compare?

:beerpal: Day 5 has begun! Deadline is Monday, November 7th, at 8:00 PM ET. :beerpal:

:siren: Today's voting method is Standard Majority! :siren:
When a player (or No Lynch) has reached a majority of votes, the day will end as usual.

Podima fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Nov 5, 2016

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:beerpal: Votecount for Day 5 :beerpal:

Not Voting (19): Anomalous Amalgam, Atomic Soda, CapitalistPig, Captain Foo, DickBastardly, dongsbot9000, DrAlexanderTobacco, Infinitum, Izzhov, Jonathan Fisk, King Burgundy, Max, Mayor Glowku, Moatillata, OMGVBFLOL, The Lord of Hats, this is a stickup, Tobbs Gnawed, zimbomonkey :rubshands:

With 19 people still alive, it takes 10 votes to lynch.
The current deadline is November 07th, 2016 at 8 p.m. EST -- that's in about 2 days, 9 hours.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Someone said to watch Infinitum (DrJT?) but nobody visited him. Out of shine.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Izzhov why u kill drunk nerds

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
:rip: got some chores tonight, aka Scott Elliston Wesley Linter(s), New Orleans-Aligned Follower {Bulletproof}, was filled with lead on Night 4! :rip:

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

zimbomonkey posted:

No. I suppose it's possible Pod forgot in his haste to get things done?

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I will be out and about all day today for a wedding. If you need something urgent, PM me. Thanks!

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Captain Foo posted:

Izzhov why u kill drunk nerds

That wasn't the target. He wasn't even on the list we considered.

So probably Pig is responsible.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

King Burgundy posted:

That wasn't the target. He wasn't even on the list we considered.

So probably Pig is responsible.

This is the response I was expecting tbh

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

I'm out for most of the day so ##vote cpig and if cpig is town then we gotta reevaluate

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
sorry I completely missed all the AR stuff at the end. Thought I'd have more time to catch up after checkmate's day ended but AR actually was killed off first I think. Typed this up during night since the day was postponed for a few hours.

Generally speaking, I agree with inf's list but I've cooled off on tobbs somewhat rereading the thread.

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

We already have Kash's flip, where it says he drank a bartender's shine and heard his thoughts, and boy were they MAD.

I was dismissive of the flavor, hell, my role is "Grave Robber" and I'm town-aligned. Are you calling me a liar now? I guessed that you were an insane bartender, you could have still been town. If you weren't lying about everything I might buy it.

Not buying it anymore.

##vote zimbomonkey
Zimbo has been caught lying multiple times and I'm inclined to agree with tobbs' conclusion here.

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

In summary, there are two callouts of both DB and zimbo which stood out to me as odd. The strangest thing though was the pretty staunch defense of Infinitum and unwillingness to consider any case against him.

I know we're all patting him on the back for jailing KB and basically winning the voodoo war for us, but he isn't confirmed town and I don't see a stronger connection to tpink.

I agree in zimbo's case, less sure about dick at this point. Regardless I think factoring in tpink's reactions is pretty weak as evidence, considering that somber is in the same family and he's not mentioned at all. As such I strongly disagree with thinking inf is sketchy due to this (or at all)

zimbomonkey posted:

Knowing that somber is about to be lynched I don't think Tobbs would start lying to protect him if they were both scum. Just an idle thought.

somber flips scum. I'm curious how zimbo feels about tobbs now, vs the 90% sure and willing to die to kill tobbs he was at before. I think tobbs makes a good point with the flavor, and I think flavor is more relevant in this game than people are assuming. However, zimbo's apathy about getting lynched, which would providing us information, actually feels like (not so smart) town play as opposed to trying to SEEM apathetic to throw us off. if you're really a town player, lynching you is bad for us. tobbs MIGHT be scum. you might be tunneling on a town player, which might result in two town deaths, one of which gives shine and one of which is a watcher. both are useful for us, especially as this is pretty much night action mafia now, as chores says.

DickBastardly posted:

I feel Zimbo is scummy (based mostly on gut feels) for the way he's tried to take the heat off me... it's like he he's afraid of my flip because he genuinely believes I'm scum but realizes the implications due to him giving me shine early on.

This is a really weird thing to say. Feels like bullshit to me, almost like you're trying to deflect and get ahead of his potential 3p or scum bartender flip for the same reason you're trying to pin on him. If he's supposed to be giving shine to scum, that looks bad for you too.

quote:

slightly scummy: Cpig made me feel weird, but this based completely on flavor and I'm not sure anyone cares to hear it.

I'm interested in hearing this.

I'm drinking at a friend's house right now. now that the flips are up, I will probably do some rereading once I get home (if I'm not wasted)

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

zimbomonkey posted:

Pod just confirmed I got no shine.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I think we are going to need a lot of claims today.

Setting night actions aside for a moment, those flips were super telling.

A) I'm almost 100% sure OMG is the last black hand as a result of those flips. Pretty sure he is on the same team as AR.
B) We have pretty much confirmed there are at least 4 scum per team based on the flip of another numbered child.
C) This means Tobbs theory on 2 scum per team is ridiculous.
D) Tobbs theory about Inf being scum with tpink, also ridiculous now. Somber/Inf are not on the same team. Based on the fact that Jimmy claimed as a boss when Inf made that mistake in the past, there is pretty much no chance Inf is on that team either, so right now I'm closing on 100% confident that Inf is town.
E) The last two things combined with previous stuff make me think Tobbs is possibly scum.
F) Right now there are 5 scum left if it's 4 per team.

Current scum picks for me include OMG/Tobbs/Pig/Dick, but there are some ?'s from last night that might influence things further.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

this is a stickup posted:

I'm interested in hearing this.

I'm drinking at a friend's house right now. now that the flips are up, I will probably do some rereading once I get home (if I'm not wasted)

Because you asked, but I don't believe this is a very strong case... I just think it's a weird thing that may or may not mean poo poo since it's based entirely on flavor.

CapitalistPig posted:

Can confirm this, I used my shine scrounging role to get a shine power that had previously flipped and automatically get one shine to use it with, like I claimed back on day 1, I am a shine back up and my flavor is a homeless guy who scrapes and scrounges for whatever he can get.

CapitalistPig posted:

Ok so I just reread my actual flavor in my pm and it literally says I am robbing graves to get my shine powers.

It says something about being a good guy and feeling bad about it but I gotta get a taste of dat shine.

So the fact that someone is claiming actual graverobbing that is called ##graverob and not rationalizing it by calling it ##scrounge is very suspicious to me.

Note the discrepancy in who he claims to be. I don't get how you go from a homeless guy scrounging to survive, to a grave robber. So you're a homeless guy who cannibalizes dead people to survive? Doesn't seem likely.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I guess we can see why Drunk Nerds was so pro his limited lights out. :)

And yesterday we saw it's power when we have good possible scum picked out.

DrAlexanderTobacco
Jun 11, 2012

Help me find my true dharma
I attempted to distill for Mayor Glowku but my action FAILED.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
I have information that sheds more of a town light on OMG... unless the player he gave shine to is on his scum team...

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I'm leaning Pig as the right vote for today.

Hopefully you other brewers can try hooking me up again tonight.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

DickBastardly posted:

I have information that sheds more of a town light on OMG... unless the player he gave shine to is on his scum team...

I'm pretty sure OMG is on black hands. So he would have no one left on his scum team.

Who did you see him give shine to?

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
the claimed town doc, tommudongs

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

DickBastardly posted:

the claimed town doc, tommudongs

So you were watching tommudong last night?

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
You can dunk me if you want, but tell me this. Whose team am I on?

I cased the hell out of JHats and made sure he was part of Taste's bullshit gambit.

I was practically the only one who cased TMM and had good reason for it, unless you think that was contrived.

Somber targeted me for his rolecop and got Jimson instead.

Unless you think my hard bus of JHats or TMM was a ploy, I'm not on a scum team.

You can lynch me if you want, but it would be idiotic. I'm out of shine so I have no more night actions, but you should be able to come up with a better lynch candidate.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

King Burgundy posted:

So you were watching tommudong last night?

Indeed. Figured him or chores to be the top two scums kill targets for the night. Figured right except I watched the wrong player.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

yeah, I brewed for the claimed shine doctor dongsbot9000

because i am a new orleans-aligned brewer, like i said

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Dick Bastardly posted:

Indeed. Figured him or chores to be the top two scum kill targets for the night. Figured right except I watched the wrong player.

maf edit

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

You can dunk me if you want, but tell me this. Whose team am I on?

I cased the hell out of JHats and made sure he was part of Taste's bullshit gambit.

I was practically the only one who cased TMM and had good reason for it, unless you think that was contrived.

Unless you think my hard bus of JHats or TMM was a ploy, I'm not on a scum team.

You can lynch me if you want, but it would be idiotic. I'm out of shine so I have no more night actions, but you should be able to come up with a better lynch candidate.

This is fair. You are at the bottom of my list really at this point. If you aren't scum, maybe we'll figure out who is instead by the time we get to you. :)

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Uhhh... no, pretty sure it was established that he targeted jimson and was redirected to you.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

King Burgundy posted:

I think we are going to need a lot of claims today.

Setting night actions aside for a moment, those flips were super telling.

A) I'm almost 100% sure OMG is the last black hand as a result of those flips. Pretty sure he is on the same team as AR.
B) We have pretty much confirmed there are at least 4 scum per team based on the flip of another numbered child.
C) This means Tobbs theory on 2 scum per team is ridiculous.
D) Tobbs theory about Inf being scum with tpink, also ridiculous now. Somber/Inf are not on the same team. Based on the fact that Jimmy claimed as a boss when Inf made that mistake in the past, there is pretty much no chance Inf is on that team either, so right now I'm closing on 100% confident that Inf is town.
E) The last two things combined with previous stuff make me think Tobbs is possibly scum.
F) Right now there are 5 scum left if it's 4 per team.

Current scum picks for me include OMG/Tobbs/Pig/Dick, but there are some ?'s from last night that might influence things further.

you want to elaborate on exactly why you're 100% sure someone who's made verified pro-town actions the past two nights is scum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

mafia edit: almost 100% sure

• Locked thread