Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

:rip:

remember folks, no butt-chugging

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Captain Foo posted:

remember folks, no butt-chugging

:smith:

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack
Getting this last shot across the bow

King Burgundy posted:

Uh huh. And you'll still be either wrong/or scum trying to convince town to be suspicious of awesome town peeps. :)

Yeah, I get a bit cocky and smug when I'm feeling correct. It's not something I experience all that often in mafia, but I've been on a really good run of it my last few games.

So for the record, was I wrong? Or was I right that you weren't going to give me shine? Because if I end up getting 2 shine tonight, I'll be pleasantly surprised and admit my wrongness. But I'm feeling pretty sure I was right about my call here. It wasn't the first time, but you were still trying to reinforce your position so you could quote these posts tomorrow to explain why you didn't give the cop shine.

your claims that you and izzhov are town vs 3p stands on literally nothing but your own word. if I feel uncomfortable trusting that claim, why would I trust your also-entirely-at-your-word claim of shine-powered cop

like, if you need to come up with a fake roleclaim that'll give you the best chance of getting shine, "cop" is obvious. your dogged push to get everyone to fullclaim would be reasonable to reduce chances of a counter-claim.

you can be a condescending bully and make thinly veiled threats to sic izzhov on me all you want; I still don't trust you as much as I do some others.

especially not with you pouring your effort all D4 into getting it all for yourself when there is a jailer on empty with much stronger claims to role and alignment than you, and a shinerolecop on empty who, if he got shine, could scan you.

"Everyone, give all your buffs to me based on my completely unsubstantiated claims, and not the people who could block me or challenge my claims. It's the towny thing to do."

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.

OMGVBFLOL posted:

thinly veiled threats to sic izzhov on me

kb doesn't control me :clint:

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

:pcgaming: :pcgaming: :pcgaming:

OMGVBFLOL posted:

your claims that you and izzhov are town vs 3p stands on literally nothing but your own word. if I feel uncomfortable trusting that claim, why would I trust your also-entirely-at-your-word claim of shine-powered cop

like, if you need to come up with a fake roleclaim that'll give you the best chance of getting shine, "cop" is obvious. your dogged push to get everyone to fullclaim would be reasonable to reduce chances of a counter-claim.

you can be a condescending bully and make thinly veiled threats to sic izzhov on me all you want; I still don't trust you as much as I do some others.

especially not with you pouring your effort all D4 into getting it all for yourself when there is a jailer on empty with much stronger claims to role and alignment than you, and a shinerolecop on empty who, if he got shine, could scan you.

"Everyone, give all your buffs to me based on my completely unsubstantiated claims, and not the people who could block me or challenge my claims. It's the towny thing to do."

Put it this way. If they aren't town, we lose.

Even if we lynch KB, izz is unlynchable as we have proven twice. I doubt anyone that is town has a kill left, and unless scum want to try to gamble it, we have literally no option but to believe them

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

Also sorry i missed this entire day, I totally forgot because of all the voting chaos i'm dealing with

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack
Yeah, I'm not pushing to lynch him, I'm pushing back at his implication that any doubt in his unsubstantiated word is sacriledge.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

OMGVBFLOL posted:

I could counter and respond to each of these. But the bottom line that you still wouldn't cave to, is I was right. :)

Thus, I was correct to be cocky about it.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:beerpal: Votecount for Day 5 :beerpal:

Captain Foo (10): DrAlexanderTobacco, DrAlexanderTobacco, DrAlexanderTobacco, Max, Moatillata, King Burgundy, Atomic Soda, The Lord of Hats, Izzhov, Tobbs Gnawed, OMGVBFLOL, Infinitum
this is a stickup (2): King Burgundy, Izzhov, Tobbs Gnawed, Infinitum, Moatillata, Infinitum, zimbomonkey, CapitalistPig, Tobbs Gnawed, King Burgundy, Moatillata, Izzhov
zimbomonkey (1): Tobbs Gnawed, this is a stickup, Tobbs Gnawed, Infinitum, Infinitum, Infinitum, Infinitum, Infinitum, Tobbs Gnawed, Tobbs Gnawed, Tobbs Gnawed, Tobbs Gnawed, Infinitum
CapitalistPig (1): Captain Foo, King Burgundy, CapitalistPig, Max, Dick Bastardly, King Burgundy, Max, Captain Foo, CapitalistPig
Dick Bastardly (0): Max, Max

Not Voting (5): Anomalous Amalgam, Captain Foo, dongsbot9000, Jonathan Fisk, Mayor Glowku :rubshands:

With 19 people still alive, it takes 10 votes to lynch.
The current deadline is November 07th, 2016 at 8 p.m. EST -- that's in about 0 minutes.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Final Post Counts for Day 5:
pre:
User			Posts
King Burgundy 		476
Tobbs Gnawed 		461
Infinitum 		457
Mayor Glowku 		359
Max 			358
Izzhov 			311
Moatillata 		278
Jonathan Fisk 		170
this is a stickup 	169
Dick Bastardly 		132
zimbomonkey 		126
CapitalistPig 		111
Atomic Soda 		104
OMGVBFLOL 		101
DrAlexanderTobacco 	95
The Lord of Hats 	83
Anomalous Amalgam 	69
dongsbot9000 		63
For the most part people have been doing well, but please keep the participation up! I'd prefer to not have to put the anti-lurking rules back into place for Day 6. Thank you!

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

King Burgundy posted:

I could counter and respond to each of these. But the bottom line that you still wouldn't cave to, is I was right. :)

Thus, I was correct to be cocky about it.

cool, continue not addressing the total lack of any substantial reason anyone town has to trust you

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

OMGVBFLOL posted:

cool, continue not addressing the total lack of any substantial reason anyone town has to trust you

You mean like how I single handedly got Jimmy the scum cuddled? ;)

I'm sorry you got boned and rolled scum.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

As the sun sank below the horizon, an eerie fog rolled in from the swamps surrounding New Orleans - damp and clammy, it provided little respite from the day's toils. All eyes rested upon one man, barely visible as he stood atop the dripping gallows. With the hush that the mists provided, it was as if the world itself held its breath.

~~~

He was always smiling, no matter what - always eager to push forward, with a twinkle in his eye and a bold stride towards whatever the future might hold. But in his final moments, just as the ground dropped away and he fell into death's cruel embrace, those closest to the gallows caught a glimpse of the smile finally slipping...

quote:

Giving up is a phrase that you've formally barred from your vocabulary. Giving up means losing by default, and that, my friends, is something that you stoutly refuse to ever do!

Sure, the world has tried to beat you down - every day, a new obstacle lies in your path. But you're always left with a choice - go crying home to your mother, or strike out bravely and face it head on! Sometimes you fail, that's true. But more often than not - in your extremely humble and thoroughly unbiased opinion - you overcome whatever's stopping you and heroically continue on your merry way!

You've tried time and again to explain your simple philosophy to others, with varying degrees of success. Most people just can't seem to capture the same zest for life and derring-do that carries you forward every waking moment. As loath as you are to admit, you found yourself feeling a bit discouraged by how difficult it was to make people understand the potential they all had... but of course, you didn't give up, and the solution practically fell into your lap! (That's a bit literal, actually. Someone spilled Shine on you at a bar, which is how you learned about it in the first place.)

Shine opens doors that you never even knew existed before - when you're drinking Shine, everyone wants to hear what you say, and everyone's ready to be your best friend. What a wonderful gift this drink is, giving you a way to share your unstoppable drive for greatness with everyone!

:rip: Captain Foo, aka Victor Flores, New Orleans-Aligned Vanilla {Motivator}, was lynched on Day 5! :rip:

~~~

The rank fog muted everyone's retreating footsteps as they hurried home. Even the streetlights' dim glow barely pierced the mist that engulfed New Orleans, and those who had become complacent in success began to once more feel the familiar tingle of dread and doubt - what would yet another night bring to this town?

Night 5 begins now. You have ~24 hours from this post (until Tuesday 11/8 @ 9:00 PM Eastern) to get me any night actions. (Please also let me know if you have a night action and are not using it!) This is a strict limit - if I don't hear from you by that time you will forfeit your night action!

:patriot: Depending on how tomorrow goes, I may be mildly indisposed - but I'll start the new day as soon as I'm able. If you're able to, please be sure to go vote!
:patriot:

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
:siren: You have 3 hours to get me your night actions. If you need an extension due to Election Day shenanigans please do me the courtesy of dropping me a PM saying so. Thank you! :siren:

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah it's probably not happening tonight guys. Sorry. Will open the thread again as soon as I can.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

The new day dawned just as gloomily as the last one ended, with the swampy mists snaking their way throughout the city.

~~~

He was never much for the limelight, always hovering in the background. But it didn't take long for people to notice his absence, and connect the dots about what his true intentions might have been...

quote:

You've always considered yourself a people person. After all, you love people. Everyone in the whole wide world is just wonderful. So much potential! So much that they could do with themselves...

...So much that they could do for YOU, that is. And the moment you have someone under your thumb, you never let go. That's your way of working, and your little black book has served you well all this time. Every page has something new to offer - all you have to do is have a quick chat with them about this and that, and they're more than happy to lend you a hand!

You have to admit, you've never been the type to do something yourself when you can get others to do it for you. Maybe that's why the Shine took the path it did for you? Guard duty was never your thing, but you suppose you can see how it could be useful. Just when people think they have you pegged... you can keep 'em guessing by pulling your new trick out of nowhere. You just don't like to think about what it might cost you if you stack your deck wrong - in the end, maybe you're the kind of guy who likes to play it safe.

:rip: DickBastardly, aka Bernardo Huerta, Carolla Family-Aligned Watcher {Elite Bodyguard}, vanished mysteriously on Night 5! :rip:

~~~

Perhaps more concerning was the terrifying howl of rage that had echoed throughout the streets of New Orleans last night, leaving people quaking in their beds. Its source was easy enough to find the next day - a familiar-looking drunk that had been the focus of attention for several days now. But the light had left his eyes, leaving only a withered husk that could barely even be called a man anymore.

quote:

Your laughter echoed throughout the realms of the dead. You had begun to wonder if mortals would ever dare to call you up once more, but lo and behold - not one, but four delightful morsels have called you forth! Their voices vied for control, overlapping each other as you examine each one in turn while binding them into the ritual they began. It'd be terribly boring if the fun were to stop before it even started, after all.

Excellent. You chuckled deeply as you considered your prospects. Each of them was just what you liked to see - power, ambition, and no matter how much they cared to deny it, a healthy dose of fear. Delicious. You hope you'll be able to devour them all, or at least some of them. To spice things up, you suppose that you can lend your aid to whomever survives the longest - at least for a little time. Perhaps if you have enough fun in the process, you'll even be so generous as to forego exacting your usual price...

With a snap of your fingers, you rose from your throne. It was time for Baron Samedi to return to New Orleans once again!

...you needed a vessel, of course. It wouldn't do to walk the streets in your natural form - much more fun to work from the shadows. With your usual dark luck, you found a perfectly serviceable one with barely any effort - some vagrant wandering the streets, thoroughly drunk on that magnificent beverage these mortals called Shine. It was but the work of a moment to make him yours, body and soul - even his Shine bent to your will! Naturally, you offered him a perfectly reasonable bargain for his services - for the privilege of lending Baron Samedi himself, your vessel shall be richly rewarded once you are satisfied with the outcome of this little squabble.

Your laughter rang out once more, coursing down the dark alleys of New Orleans and poisoning the dreams of its people with dread and death. What sort of terrors will the sun rise on with the coming day?

:rip: Izzhov, aka Rufin Chauvert, aka Baron Samedi, New Orleans-Aligned Killer, had their soul torn away on Night 5! :rip:

~~~

The clock is ticking, echoes faintly resounding through the mists. Another day's work awaits you.

:beerpal: Day 6 has begun! Deadline is Thursday, November 10th, at 8:00 PM ET. :beerpal:

:siren: Today's voting method is Standard Majority! :siren:
When a player (or No Lynch) has reached a majority of votes, the day will end as usual.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:beerpal: Votecount for Day 6 :beerpal:

Not Voting (16): Anomalous Amalgam, Atomic Soda, CapitalistPig, dongsbot9000, DrAlexanderTobacco, Infinitum, Jonathan Fisk, King Burgundy, Max, Mayor Glowku, Moatillata, OMGVBFLOL, The Lord of Hats, this is a stickup, Tobbs Gnawed, zimbomonkey :rubshands:

With 16 people still alive, it takes 9 votes to lynch.
The current deadline is November 10th, 2016 at 8 p.m. EST -- that's in about 1 day, 9 hours.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Hahahahaha DB you magnificent bastard.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Nooooo izzhov.

DrAlexanderTobacco
Jun 11, 2012

Help me find my true dharma
I gave shine to KB last night and was successful - happy in my choice now considering Izz's flip

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Gonna hold my vote for now but Dick flipping scum was one of the boxes on my 'zimbo is scum' bingo card.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Yeah, I mean I've been chatting with KB in our mason chat and I've been fairly certain of his townieness (though I was wrong about TMM) based on our conversations and just the way the voodoo master thing played out, but it's good to get that extra confirmation.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Aaannnnnd I just realized that information is something we've hinted at but haven't really confirmed but there you go.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I didn't sleep much last night for very obvious reasons.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I snagged chores bulletproof ability.

Also zimbo probably scum.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Oh look I'm confirmed town.

Gee Willikers, I wonder if that guy OMG who wanted to throw so much shade on me is scum like I thought he was.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I can confirm I received 1 shine.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

FWIW, before she died Izz was leaning away from Zimbo as scum and was still thinking between the two of them that Stick was the likely scum.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
I am still out of shine and nothing happened to me

Izz :(

How many people are in mason chat jeez no wonder nobody is posting anymore

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

King Burgundy posted:

FWIW, before she died Izz was leaning away from Zimbo as scum and was still thinking between the two of them that Stick was the likely scum.

Yeah, you're confirmed town. I was pushing Dick and zimbo a couple days ago though, will have to see what happened as momentum went away from Dick.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

There may be others, but important night things to know:

Did OMG give someone shine?
Did Zimbo give someone shine?
What did LoH find out about Chores?
Did Fisk do anything useful with his mysterious inherited power?
What did AS end up doing?

----

Also, if stick is telling the truth, we are down to one Black hand scum and one Provenzano scum. (And supposedly multiple 3ps)

If he's lying, we could still have One Black Hand, Two Provenzano, One Carolla.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Yeah, you're confirmed town. I was pushing Dick and zimbo a couple days ago though, will have to see what happened as momentum went away from Dick.

Yeah, I don't know that I agree with Izz on that btw. I've gone back and forth several times now.

If someone got shine last night from Zimbo, I'll at least be open to the possibility that he isn't scum. If no one got anything, I'm down with cuddling him.

On Dick, we didn't think anyone would believe we'd go for him twice in a row and gently caress with the kill if they could. And we still felt very strongly he was scum. His alternating night action claim sounded like bullshit. We didn't talk about it in thread so there would be less suspicion that he'd be our kill target.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Well, Dick and Surd were the major candidates for that lynch, and both were Carollas so that was a useless re-read.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

King Burgundy posted:

Oh look I'm confirmed town.

Gee Willikers, I wonder if that guy OMG who wanted to throw so much shade on me is scum like I thought he was.

Unlike yesterday, there's now something besides your word to indicate you aren't 3p. I wish it hadn't cost us our loving night kill, but I'd now put you alongside Infinitum as the most solid town claims.

Speaking of which, I tried to give Infinitum shine, but failed.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Our count is wrong for scum. If we had eliminated all the carollas then pod would have said so in the flips

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I role copped Omg, they are indeed a "brewer"

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Moatillata posted:

Our count is wrong for scum. If we had eliminated all the carollas then pod would have said so in the flips

If you think this would have happened, then Stick is lying.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

OMGVBFLOL posted:

Unlike yesterday, there's now something besides your word to indicate you aren't 3p. I wish it hadn't cost us our loving night kill, but I'd now put you alongside Infinitum as the most solid town claims.

Speaking of which, I tried to give Infinitum shine, but failed.

Sure you did.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Jonathan Fisk posted:

I role copped Omg, they are indeed a "brewer"

How does your role work? Do you see shine role or regular role?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

King Burgundy posted:

How does your role work? Do you see shine role or regular role?

He must have scrounged up the shine role {role cop} and gotten Brewer as a power role.

Only explanation, since I believe Moat has claimed shine role cop.

• Locked thread