Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Sorry folks - flip will happen within the next 3ish hours. Caught up in other stuff right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
this is a fun game i will miss it when goku smashes my trash body.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Why would he do that?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

somber's scum

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
because i know his bad secret and his bad secret is that he's a ghost murderer

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Somberbrero posted:

because i know his bad secret and his bad secret is that he's a ghost murderer

How?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
here let me try something *ahem*

GOKU AS YOUR MAKER I COMMAND YOU TO BE NICE

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

i'm incredibly smart and handsome

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

:pcgaming: :pcgaming: :pcgaming:

Somberbrero posted:

gently caress. Yes sir

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I mean, it's fine if you want to just keep up this stupid argument that looks like a contribution but is just you faffing about.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

:munch:

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

GHOST BROTHER!

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
selected somber posts for your reading pleasure.

day 1, page 1:

Somberbrero posted:

Kash's coaching in uncharacteristic and heavy handed, don't like it much. The other guy with two a's in his name was giving me vibes too. I'll reread it when I ain't working.

hm kash scum

Somberbrero posted:

tq and Infinitum both scum

hm tq and inf scum

2 down of 3, could he buck the trend on inf!

Somberbrero posted:

hi infinitum show your work please because hmm it's almost like you have some sort of outside knowledge the rest of us aren't working with.

amusing given he wouldn't show us his!

Somberbrero posted:

you, as i've discussed.

quark for his very self-conscious behavior regarding his vote. it looks like he cares more about perception than honesty. town don't give a gently caress about appearing wrong and bad, scum do.

tpink's post just now was weird.

since when was this ever true. i'm town, and i care alot about being perceived as wrong and bad because it means people won't take my cases seriously when i find a scum. were you mad one of the other scum teams murdered tq before you could get him lynched?

Somberbrero posted:

i'm incredibly smart and handsome

also i may do pages 2 to 7 later depending on when the thread closes but i will just note that town shouldn't lie lol lol

one thing i did note which makes me waver a bit on my read is that somber has been trying to get jimson lynched since day 1.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Somberbrero posted:

Mayor Glowku posted:

gently caress. Yes sir

Not that I'll get a straight answer out of Somber, but Glowku are you being serious here? Or are you jokeposting?

Do you actually have to obey Somberbrero?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

No cryptic bullshit either.

Just a straight "Yes, I have to obey and I'm not jokeposting" or a "No, I don't have to obey Somber and I'm just loving with him"

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
glowku tell infinitum the truth.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
i command you as your maker.

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

Infinitum posted:

Not that I'll get a straight answer out of Somber, but Glowku are you being serious here? Or are you jokeposting?

Do you actually have to obey Somberbrero?

Joke post

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
lmao

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
somber u and funny shame u prolly scum

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Thank you.

You say that, but someone will try and twist it into a case later on and with 100+ pages of content I think some clarity in the postings can go a great deal to solving this.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
I'm dressing up as a Provenzano for Halloween

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

Infinitum posted:

Thank you.

You say that, but someone will try and twist it into a case later on and with 100+ pages of content I think some clarity in the postings can go a great deal to solving this.

It's definitely funny tho. Cmonnnn

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
god dammit

this is what i get for celebrating halloween with my kids!

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
knew i should have voted tobbs before i left

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
hey ar anyone else besides tobbs a scum?

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

Atomic Soda posted:

probably chores?

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

Atomic Soda posted:

everyone is scum. humanity is a disease. hail satan

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Atomic Soda posted:

ok i will keep an open mind about you being right even tho you have been pinging my scumdar most of the game : )

moat how old are you that the 90's is your 'ancient' option

80s baby I only gave those options bc it was odd that glowku was not catching the reference

HALLOWEEN WITH THE KIDS WAS AWESOME

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Also wtf somber are you having a stroke or what

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
:beerpal: FINAL Votecount for Day 3 :beerpal:

JimsonTheBetrayer (14): got some chores tonight, Somberbrero, Somberbrero, Captain Foo, Tobbs Gnawed, Infinitum, CapitalistPig, Tobbs Gnawed, DrJeckyllTobacco, Somberbrero, The Lord of Hats, Max, Tobbs Gnawed, Somberbrero, Anomalous Amalgam, Somberbrero, DickBastardly, Moatillata, Max, Max, OMGVBFLOL, Drunk Nerds
Somberbrero (3): Infinitum, Atomic Soda, Infinitum, Infinitum, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Infinitum, Jonathan Fisk, Mayor Glowku, Max, Max
Infinitum (2): Captain Foo, Captain Foo, Tobbs Gnawed, King Burgundy, Tobbs Gnawed, Somberbrero, Somberbrero, JimsonTheBetrayer
got some chores tonight (1): JimsonTheBetrayer, JimsonTheBetrayer, TMMadman, King Burgundy, JimsonTheBetrayer, Drunk Nerds, King Burgundy, JimsonTheBetrayer, Drunk Nerds
Tobbs Gnawed (0): JimsonTheBetrayer, JimsonTheBetrayer
Jonathan Fisk (0): King Burgundy, King Burgundy
Absurd Revolver (0): Tobbs Gnawed, Tobbs Gnawed
zimbomonkey (0): Moatillata, Moatillata, Moatillata, Moatillata
Mayor Glowku (0): Somberbrero, Somberbrero

Not Voting (4): Absurd Revolver, dongsbot9000, this is a stickup, zimbomonkey :rubshands:

With 24 people still alive, it takes 13 votes to lynch.
The current deadline is October 31st, 2016 at 9 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 0 minutes.

In the years to come, other cities and states would follow in New Orleans' footsteps and pass the buck to the federal government about how to regulate Shine - if such a thing was even possible.

Whether they ever did anything of the sort.... that's a story for another time.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I'm not going to do the whole post count chart thing because this flip is delayed enough already, but there are some people that need to post more. You know who you are. Please do better.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Moatillata posted:

Also wtf somber are you having a stroke or what

what'd i do

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Somberbrero posted:

what'd i do

You started out this game like the fun police and now you are being all kinds of fun and it's odd

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Moatillata posted:

You started out this game like the fun police and now you are being all kinds of fun and it's odd

this game broke me i'm just here for the ride now.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Somberbrero posted:

this game broke me i'm just here for the ride now.

I like this

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

The setting sun's rays were obscured by murky-dark clouds, as a storm had swept in from the sea while the remaining residents of New Orleans assembled to watch another hanging. Hats and headscarves were adjusted to block the rain, but everyone's eyes were fixed on the luckless soul standing atop the gallows.

~~~

As raindrops pattered down from the troubled sky above, he gazed upon the sky as the rough rope tightened around his neck. The rain washed his grizzled face clean, as if granting him one final mercy in the end. Burly and roughnecked, he was too proud to beg for his life - but he died, just the same.

quote:

Out of the way! Move it! Coming through!

You've grown tired of shouting that, day in and day out. But when you're pushing a hefty handcart around the docks, you don't have much choice in the matter. When you stop shouting, people get run down, and then they get angry and you get in trouble. So, you shout until you can't shout no more - and then you go to the bar and drink till you can't think no more. Then you sleep, and then you start all over again. It's a pleasant cycle, really... or at least that's what you told yourself, even though you knew it wasn't one bit true.

Despite the lies you fed yourself to keep plodding on every day, you couldn't help but wonder - what was the point of it all? Were you just going to work until you couldn't work any more, and then die alone? That didn't sound like a good deal. But what could break the cycle?

In retrospect, the answer was simple - Shine, of course. You'd spent plenty of time lugging it around the docks, but never had a chance to try it for yourself. One night, your coworkers dragged you to a different bar than your usual dive, and ordered a round of Shine for the group. You weren't sure what to expect when drank the curious liquid down in one gulp, but you weren't expecting the flood of CHAOS that barreled into your mind - instantly stretching it to its very bare limits! Caught off guard as you were, all you could do was push the chaos back out and away from you - straight into your drinking buddies.

Almost as one, they all stood up and wandered away in a daze, clearly not quite sure where they were going. As you watched them stumble out of the bar, a low chuckle rose from somewhere deep inside you, depths you didn't think you even had. Yes. This is what you were looking for. Shine is just what you needed to shatter the dull monotony of your life!

:rip: Jimson, aka Ludovico Romagnoli, New Orleans-Aligned Vanilla {Bus Driver}, was lynched on Day 3! :rip:

~~~

After a moment of hesitation, the crowd followed a hapless constable to the new holding cell where the second person to be lynched awaited the crowd's justice. Just like yesterday, his keys clinked against each other as he unlocked the cell, with a brief hand tremor sending them jingling against each other. Just like yesterday, he swung the door open wide, revealing the cell's contents to a tensely assembled crowd.

Just like yesterday, the cell was empty.

You have FAILED to lynch Izzhov!

~~~

The storm intensified, sheeting rain from the skies and sending everyone scurrying to their homes before anything more could be said. The flickering streetlights barely pierced the gloom of the rain-drenched night. As New Orleans' residents set themselves to the night's workings, one question was left in their minds - would the next morning's murders bring glad tidings like this one did?

It wasn't until that last moment before they nodded off to sleep that it dawned upon them - how easily they had all accepted the fact that murder would once again visit New Orleans this night.

Night 3 begins now. You have ~20 hours from this post (until Tuesday 11/1 @ 8:00 PM Eastern) to get me any night actions. (Please also let me know if you have a night action and are not using it!) This is a strict limit - if I don't hear from you by that time you will forfeit your night action!

The next day will begin by 12:00 AM Eastern on Wednesday, 11/2. (meaning midnight) Until that time... stay warm and dry, for the night's damp chills cut to the bone.

Podima fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Nov 1, 2016

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
:coffeepal: Previous post has been corrected as today is Tuesday, not Thursday. You have till 8 PM EDT (9 hours from now) to submit night actions. Game will reopen by midnight tonight if circumstances cooperate. :coffeepal:

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Yet another night passes with the residents of New Orleans quaking in their beds. As the sun peeks through the fading clouds from the previous night's storm, the bravest among you venture out to see what the day has brought - for good or for ill.

~~~

Though searchers scoured the city, much to their surprise they could find no sign of violence or bloodshed from the night before. Had you been granted a reprieve from the last few days' terrors? It wasn't until the morning had already drawn on enough for the sun's blazing rays to evaporate the remaining puddles into cloying humidity that you realized someone was missing from your numbers after all. But thinking back on it... she had always struck you as an odd one, though you could never put your finger upon what exactly bothered you about her. It seems she had kept terrible secrets from all of you - and paid the ultimate price for it.

quote:

"Mama knows best, child." Those words have slipped through your lips day in and day out, alternately consoling and scolding your darling babies. But this time, maybe you've gone too far - farther than your dear boys can pull you back from.

It started with the simplest of things - an easy little ritual asking the spirits to protect your clan (known as the Black Hand Gang, largely due to your children's penchant for beating people to death with their bare hands) as they plied their Shine bootlegging trade. After all, the competition was getting tough out there - too many people trying to get a slice of the pie. You've done this ritual countless times in your life, ever since your own mama taught you the ways of voodoo - but she never said anything one way or another about drinking Shine while doing it! Too late now. The moment that sip of potent liquor passed your lips, your entire body slipped away from you - you couldn't stop yourself from chugging it down, and then another bottle, and another, and another - in a twinkling, you'd drank your way through your entire stash!

Charged with more Shine than most people - sane or not - would dare to drink at once, you put all of yourself - body, mind, and soul - into the ritual of protection, calling out to the spirits to aid your family... and HE answered. With a deep chuckle, he assured you that he'd be there soon - but you'd have to earn his help, or die in the trying. Such is the price of voodoo...

As his terrible voice faded away, you shuddered and stood from your cross-legged stance - still twitching a bit from all the Shine that's still flowing through you. Seems as though it won't be going anywhere till the ritual's done, one way or another - but you think you felt other voices calling for HIS help while you were deep in it. You might be able to use this power of yours to track them down... and end them, to earn HIM as an ally by your side - or die trying.

And with HIM by your side, what better time for you and your sweet children to crush all resistance and take over New Orleans and its Shine trade, once and for all?

:rip: TMMadman, aka "Mama" Ines Gareau, Black Hand Gang-Aligned Voodoo Master*, vanished mysteriously on Night 3! :rip:

~~~

Whatever circumstances conspired to deliver New Orleans with a favorable morning, there's no stopping here. You must do whatever it takes to protect your city... no matter the cost.

:beerpal: Day 4 has begun! Deadline is Thursday, November 3rd, at 8:00 PM EDT. :beerpal:

The morning's fireworks barely surprise any of you by this point - but rather than leaving you with the eerie tension that they did in the past, they now serve as an emboldening reminder of what's at stake as their glare fades from the city's steeples and rooftops. Your work isn't done yet - time to get to it.

:siren: Today's voting method is Limited Lights Out! :siren:
When a player has received a majority of votes, they will be removed from the game but their flip will not be posted. The deadline will be set to ~24 hours from the time of lynch, but no later than ~60 hours from day start, and the game day will continue. Once a second lynch occurs OR the deadline passes without a majority vote, the day will end and all flips will be posted. A majority vote for "No Lynch" will also end the day at any time as normal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
:ghost: gently caress :ghost:

• Locked thread