Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Mr. F! posted:

There are only two people that are close to having enough votes for lynch, maybe three now that CPIG made you all think I'm scum.

Choose between me, infinitum, and Jimson.

I think this is bullshit that you guys are brigading me when I've been super active this entire game.

I got angry at CPIG and the subsequent votes that followed because no one put any thought into any of it.

Now you guys are intentionally misreading my posts.

I think mags is town based on his reaction to my claim and I also think we should look very closely at everyone who is continuing to crusade for him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Waiting for Mr. F to come back and explain why we should Lynch the player he thinks is town before I re-vote him.

...actually that's pretty damned indefensible.

You don't Lynch town, you Lynch scum.

##vote Mr. F!

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

CapitalistPig posted:

you are wrong and also an idiot.

cool discussion

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Here's why:

quote:

Podima wrote on Oct 22, 2016 00:54:

quote:

Everyone talks about how New Orleans is chock-full of spirits of all sorts - controlled by the voodoo queens squatting in their swamps, weaving their eerie rituals for one reason or another. You don't believe in that sort of hogwash, as a stern and upright man. Voodoo spirits! What nonsense. It's just the mindless babble of drunkards and madmen.

Of course, you know the truth - not that you'd waste time bending anyone's ear about it. Shine showed you the way. You see, spirits ARE real - but not those voodoo spirits out of scary stories! You're talking about people's spirits that pass on after they die... ghosts, if you will. You don't particularly care much for the metaphysics of it - where do they come from, where do they go, that sort of thing. Far too fiddly for your taste. You're a man of action, and there's just no time for that sort of twaddle when you've got perfectly good work to do!

After all, with proper application of Shine, it's the work of but a moment to snare these escaping spirits and bind them properly to you - making their skills yours for a short time. Might as well make those layabout spirits useful one last time before they toddle off to whatever awaits them! It almost brings a tear to your eye to think of all these spirits that passed on without having that chance. It's lucky for them that you're here to do right by them!

Gaspare Fontaine, you are a New Orleans-Aligned Vanilla, always ready to do the right thing in the name of stolid and manly efficiency! You have no special abilities other than your vote.

However, Shine lets you do incredible things...
When you drink Shine, you can drag the spirits of the recently departed back to earth for a short time, putting their skills to use on your behalf. At night, you may drink 1 Shine to become an Universal Backup and ##bind a power role that died during the previous day or night phase. Your role will change to be whatever their role was. Note that this does not allow you to inherit Shine Roles. You may only inherit one role at a time - if you inherit a second role, it will overwrite your previous one.

You may not inherit a role marked with an asterisk (*). If for some reason someone else has already beaten you to a specific dead player, you will be informed and your Shine will not be expended.

You start the game with 3 Shine.

You win when no threats to New Orleans remain.

Good luck!

tpink posted:

This is a really bad post. Why are you ok with lynching town?

I can't control who you dipshits vote for and no matter how many times I say I think infinitum is town it doesn't matter because I only have one vote.

What I was trying to stop was people making a random vote on a lurker (CPIG) and focusing them on two people that have been talked about all day 1

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Oh gently caress

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

CapitalistPig posted:

I think mags is town based on his reaction to my claim and I also think we should look very closely at everyone who is continuing to crusade for him.

Why does mags put forth the guy he thinks is town as a possible correct lynch today?

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
:siren: Do not post. :siren:

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
:beerpal: FINAL Votecount for Day 1 :beerpal:

Infinitum (8): JimsonTheBetrayer, this is a stickup, this is a stickup, JimsonTheBetrayer, Kashuno, Somberbrero, JimsonTheBetrayer, BottleKnight, CapitalistPig, King Burgundy, Izzhov, zimbomonkey, this is a stickup, Kashuno, Izzhov, zimbomonkey, Murmur Twin, JimsonTheBetrayer, JimsonTheBetrayer, JimsonTheBetrayer, DickBastardly, JimsonTheBetrayer, Absurd Revolver, zimbomonkey, zimbomonkey, zimbomonkey, zimbomonkey, zimbomonkey, OMGVBFLOL, OMGVBFLOL, OMGVBFLOL, got some chores tonight, got some chores tonight, JimsonTheBetrayer, got some chores tonight, King Burgundy, got some chores tonight, CapitalistPig
Kashuno (6): dongsbot9000, Truth Quark, TMMadman, OMGVBFLOL, JimsonTheBetrayer, JimsonTheBetrayer, Izzhov, DickBastardly, JimsonTheBetrayer, Truth Quark, Truth Quark, JimsonTheBetrayer, Izzhov, DickBastardly, Truth Quark, OMGVBFLOL, Truth Quark, Anonymous, Anonymous, Anonymous
Mr. F! (5): Izzhov, Kashuno, Izzhov, CapitalistPig, Infinitum, The Lord of Hats, Tobbs Gnawed, Izzhov, JimsonTheBetrayer, DrJeckyllTobacco, Max, DrJeckyllTobacco, DrJeckyllTobacco, tpink, CapitalistPig, Max, Infinitum, JimsonTheBetrayer, Tobbs Gnawed, DrJeckyllTobacco, tpink, JimsonTheBetrayer, Tobbs Gnawed
CapitalistPig (3): Infinitum, Infinitum, Infinitum, JimsonTheBetrayer, tpink, JimsonTheBetrayer, DrJeckyllTobacco
JimsonTheBetrayer (2): Izzhov, Izzhov, Moatillata, Moatillata, this is a stickup, Infinitum, this is a stickup, Tobbs Gnawed, tpink, Infinitum, Mr. F!, Kashuno, DickBastardly, Truth Quark, Drunk Nerds, Mayor Glowku, Kashuno, Izzhov, zimbomonkey, got some chores tonight, zimbomonkey, DickBastardly, Drunk Nerds, Tobbs Gnawed, Izzhov, Captain Foo, DrJeckyllTobacco, got some chores tonight, Truth Quark, Tobbs Gnawed, Tobbs Gnawed, Captain Foo, DrJeckyllTobacco, tpink
Jimmy Hats (2): Tobbs Gnawed, Captain Foo, got some chores tonight, Izzhov, Tobbs Gnawed, Izzhov, Tobbs Gnawed, Tobbs Gnawed
Somberbrero (1): Infinitum, Max, Max, Infinitum, Tobbs Gnawed, Tobbs Gnawed, Infinitum, King Burgundy, Infinitum
dongsbot9000 (1): JimsonTheBetrayer, JimsonTheBetrayer, PALE SPECTRES, JimsonTheBetrayer, JimsonTheBetrayer
Truth Quark (1): Tobbs Gnawed, Tobbs Gnawed, Kashuno, Mayor Glowku, Kashuno, Kashuno, Mayor Glowku, Infinitum, JimsonTheBetrayer, Kashuno, JimsonTheBetrayer, Infinitum, Max, Max, Max
zimbomonkey (1): Jonathan Fisk, got some chores tonight, got some chores tonight, Infinitum, Infinitum, Infinitum, Tobbs Gnawed, Tobbs Gnawed, Infinitum, zimbomonkey, zimbomonkey
Murmur Twin (1): Moatillata
Tobbs Gnawed (0): Truth Quark, BottleKnight, Truth Quark, Max, Max, BottleKnight
BottleKnight (0): Izzhov, Izzhov
Lynch No One! (0): JimsonTheBetrayer, got some chores tonight, JimsonTheBetrayer, got some chores tonight
TMMadman (0): Kashuno, Kashuno
DickBastardly (0): this is a stickup, this is a stickup
this is a stickup (0): Max, Max
Moatillata (0): Tobbs Gnawed, Tobbs Gnawed, Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin
Quidthulhu (0): got some chores tonight, got some chores tonight, Truth Quark, Truth Quark
got some chores tonight (0): Infinitum, Max, Infinitum, Max
Izzhov (0): Tobbs Gnawed, Tobbs Gnawed

Not Voting (5): Anomalous Amalgam, CapitalistPig, Drunk Nerds, Jimmy Hats, Quidthulhu :rubshands:

With 33 people still alive, it takes 17 votes to lynch.
The current deadline is October 24th, 2016 at 8 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 3 hours, 29 minutes.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Okay I've read all 45 pages of this thread. Here are my reads:
People who post a lot and get heated give me a very town-y vibe. Scum don't get emotional, scum are cold and calculating, ime.

The one thing that sticks out to me is the Jimmy Hats thing.

- He posted that his pm told him not to talk OOT
- Our town pm's did not have that piece of info
- Therefore, he not town

The defense that he was being facetious doesn't hold for me, because facetious means "not taking something seriously." That doesn't really apply here, he didn't say something serious but could be interpreted as joking... he said something about his PM that shows he is not town.

For right now, I'm most confident to ##vote Jimmy Hats. Everything else just feels like speculation to me, since it's so early in the game.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Final Post Counts for Day 1:

pre:
User			Posts
got some chores tonight	156
Captain Foo		150
Infinitum		127
Kashuno			119
JimsonTheBetrayer	113
Izzhov			104
Tobbs Gnawed		84
Mr. F!			83
Somberbrero		77
Mayor Glowku		77
Max			72
DickBastardly		56
this is a stickup	49
BottleKnight		42
Jonathan Fisk		39
Truth Quark		39
Jimmy Hats		35
Murmur Twin		35
Moatillata		33
King Burgundy		33
CapitalistPig		32
tpink			26
TMMadman		23
DrJeckyllTobacco	21
zimbomonkey		18
Drunk Nerds		17
OMGVBFLOL		16
dongsbot9000		16
PALE SPECTRES		13
Absurd Revolver		12
The Lord of Hats	11
Anomalous Amalgam	9
Quidthulhu		5
Due to the day ending early, nobody will be ON NOTICE for Day 2.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Podima posted:

:siren: Do not post. :siren:

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

In retrospect, it's incredible - one simple constable's death set off a firestorm of accusations and chaos that swept throughout the city. In the end, it wasn't until a formerly fine and upstanding member of the community went totally off his nut, stripping down to his skivvies and screaming about ghosts and Shine, that the local law enforcement finally stepped in and hauled him away - presumably for his own safety. Always such a shame when bad things happen to good people.

quote:

Everyone talks about how New Orleans is chock-full of spirits of all sorts - controlled by the voodoo queens squatting in their swamps, weaving their eerie rituals for one reason or another. You don't believe in that sort of hogwash, as a stern and upright man. Voodoo spirits! What nonsense. It's just the mindless babble of drunkards and madmen.

Of course, you know the truth - not that you'd waste time bending anyone's ear about it. Shine showed you the way. You see, spirits ARE real - but not those voodoo spirits out of scary stories! You're talking about people's spirits that pass on after they die... ghosts, if you will. You don't particularly care much for the metaphysics of it - where do they come from, where do they go, that sort of thing. Far too fiddly for your taste. You're a man of action, and there's just no time for that sort of twaddle when you've got perfectly good work to do!

After all, with proper application of Shine, it's the work of but a moment to snare these escaping spirits and bind them properly to you - making their skills yours for a short time. Might as well make those layabout spirits useful one last time before they toddle off to whatever awaits them! It almost brings a tear to your eye to think of all these spirits that passed on without having that chance. It's lucky for them that you're here to do right by them!

:rip: Mr. F!, aka Gaspare Fontaine, New Orleans-Aligned Vanilla {Universal Backup}, was hauled off to the loony bin (MODKILLED) on Day 1! :rip:

The rest of you cast uneasy looks at each other as you return to your homes for the evening. While the day may have ended in a rather unsatisfying and abrupt way with many questions still unanswered, none of you are quite sure what to expect from the looming night.

Night 1 begins now. You have ~17 hours from this post (until 10/25 @ 10:00 AM Eastern) to get me any night actions. (Please also let me know if you have a night action and are not using it!) This is a strict limit - if I don't hear from you by that time you will forfeit your night action!

The citizens of New Orleans will resume their tense discussions by 1:00 PM Eastern tomorrow, 10/25. Pleasant dreams...

Podima fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Oct 25, 2016

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
:coffeepal: Good morning. Deadline has been extended to 12:00 PM Eastern. Get me your night actions, please! :coffeepal:

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
:sludgepal: Day 2 will be slightly delayed due to work stuff. The thread should be open no later than 3 PM Eastern. Apologies! :sludgepal:

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Day 2 snieper

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Well, that was stupid.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Cuck

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
well that was a thing

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

After a restless night filled with peculiar dreams, the residents of New Orleans set about their morning routines with gusto. Even with the unsettling end to yesterday, it was a new day - and a new beginning! But as they soon realized, not everyone had lived to see the sun rise.

~~~

The first body was found stuffed into a crate near the docks - it would have been loaded onto a ship leaving for South America that day, if not for the blood seeping through its planks.

quote:

When the whole world is a joke, all you can do is sit back and laugh until it stops hurting. But when you're the butt of the joke... it never stops.

When Shine came to New Orleans, you were one of the most excited of all. You'd heard stories coming from New York and Chicago over the years about all the marvellous things people could do with this mysterious magical drink. And now it was finally your turn to see what powers waited deep within you! It took some doing to find a bar that had it at first - they kept it fairly quiet to avoid heat from the authorities - but finally, you were sitting at the counter watching the grizzled bartender pour you a glassful of the drink you'd dreamed of. You took your first sip, hand shaking...

...and nothing happened. Was there some kind of mistake? You asked the bartender for a look at the bottle - it was clearly labelled as Shine. Had he gotten swindled with a counterfeit batch? After some eyebrow-wiggling, the bartender shrugged and poured himself a small sip - after all, everyone knows it's bad luck to drink someone else's Shine. He downed the drink, and coughed for a moment before breathing a small jet of fire! Lighting a stubby cigar, he shrugged at you. The argument that ensued, unsurprisingly, got you thrown out of that bar.

Over the coming weeks, you kept trying time and again - you were thrown out of three more bars in turn, before you finally started an all-out brawl at the last one. Seeing three Shiners bearing down on you, you gulped. Maybe this wasn't your best idea. But as they shot lightning, blasted brain waves, and who knows what at you... it all fizzled the second it touched you. At the same time, you jerked as strange new powers coursed through you - and you finally understood. You laughed with sheer joy as you turned the Shiners' powers back on them!

When the world makes a joke out of you, sometimes all you can do is laugh along.

:rip: Quidthulhu, aka Lucas Rivet, New Orleans-Aligned Absorber, was filled with lead on Night 1! :rip:

~~~

A street cleaner stumbled over the next corpse - with his finely tailored clothing torn to shreds and raw bruises blooming beneath, he had been discarded on the sidewalk like nothing more than garbage.

quote:

You've always considered yourself a bit of a cultured gentleman. Tipping your hat to the ladies, and giving a polite nod to the lesser gents. You were a perfectly proper man-about-town, and destined to be one of the Family's rising stars. But all that changed when you had your first sip of Shine...

You still remember that moment. The drink made its way down your throat, warming your cheeks... and then the STENCH hit you. Sweat, piss, poo poo, and other far worse things flooded your nose, battling for dominance over your quivering senses. You definitely screamed. You may have vomited. You don't quite remember. But what you do know is that the respect you had tenderly cultured from everyone who saw you about town was never the same after that day. That accursed drink!

What's worse, once you finally managed to get your over-sensitive nostrils under control and thought you'd have a moment of peace... the powers that be seem to have decided that you can finally be USEFUL to the Family now. Wonderful. A lifetime of careful image-building, thrown away in favor of some magical moonshine. So you nod your head and you smile. You drink your Shine, and you put your nose to work sniffing out (ugh... don't even mention the puns. Not a single one is even remotely funny.) the Family's enemies that have dropped by to pay a visit.

In all the world, there is perhaps nothing you hate more than Shine itself. The preachers were right - it really is the devil's piss, come to earth to corrupt us all.

:rip: PALE SPECTRES, aka Jean Matherne, Provenzano Family-Aligned Vanilla {Watcher}, was beaten to death on Night 1! :rip:

~~~

But in the end, as shocking of a start to the day as the violent murders had been, nothing left New Orleans' residents more unsettled than the strange disappearance of one of their own. With nary a drop of blood spilled nor any signs of violence, it was as if she had been snatched away without even a moment's time to resist.

quote:

People remember the strangest things. The color of lipstick that their first kiss was wearing, the scent of cologne that their grandfather always loved, the specific cobblestone they always tripped over on their morning walk... the list goes on. It's a wonder that anyone gets anything done, with all this cluttering up their minds.

Luckily for you, sorting through memories has never been a problem - even when they're not your own. At first, drinking Shine was an overwhelming experience - you were suddenly surrounded by ghosts, all overflowing with the clutter of the life they had left behind! Of course, you don't think of them as ghosts nowadays - rather, they're more like shades, or fading remnants of what once was. It's not like they can think anymore - or at least you keep telling yourself that.

Harvesting these remains and using them for all they worth is how you get ahead in life. You prefer to not think about the implications - after all, that's for someone else to deal with after you've passed on. You're sure whoever picks through YOUR memories after you're dead and gone will have a grand time of it!

:rip: Truth Quark, aka Teresita Capello, New Orleans-Aligned Vanilla {Universal Backup}, vanished mysteriously on Night 1! :rip:

~~~

As you ponder your situation, a whispered secret sweeps across New Orleans - something seen woven into a spiderweb? Strange as it sounds, it must surely be true...

TMMadman visited Max on Night 1.

~~~

Even for the most optimistic among you, there's no denying it now - death has come to New Orleans, hot on the heels of Shine. With that pleasant thought looming over your heads... how will you use your time today?

:beerpal: Day 2 has begun! Deadline is Thursday, October 27th, at 8:00 PM EDT. :beerpal:

Just like yesterday, the popping of unexpected fireworks - eerily like the chattering of invisible teeth - rouses the last few stragglers from their beds. Those already up and about are left with a queer sense of foreboding as they watch the sickly explosions fade from the sky. If yesterday was just the beginning, what will today bring?

:siren: Today's voting method is Limited Lights Out! :siren:
When a player has received a majority of votes, they will be removed from the game but their flip will not be posted. The deadline will be extended by approximately 1 real-life day from the original deadline, and the game day will continue. Once a second lynch occurs OR the deadline passes without a majority vote, the day will end and all flips will be posted. A majority vote for "No Lynch" will also end the day at any time as normal.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.
This thread is already amazing

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
it makes me feel a little better that his name was based on the worst Arrested development joke though

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
##vote izzhov

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Izzhov had the worst of the cases yesterday as well as her push for a chain lynch. I will not vote anyone else until she is dead.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:beerpal: Votecount for Day 2 :beerpal:

Not Voting (29): Absurd Revolver, Anomalous Amalgam, BottleKnight, CapitalistPig, Captain Foo, DickBastardly, dongsbot9000, DrJeckyllTobacco, Drunk Nerds, got some chores tonight, Infinitum, Izzhov, Jimmy Hats, JimsonTheBetrayer, Jonathan Fisk, Kashuno, King Burgundy, Max, Mayor Glowku, Moatillata, Murmur Twin, OMGVBFLOL, Somberbrero, The Lord of Hats, this is a stickup, TMMadman, Tobbs Gnawed, tpink, zimbomonkey :rubshands:

With 29 people still alive, it takes 15 votes to lynch.
The current deadline is October 27th, 2016 at 8 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 2 days, 5 hours.

Every other story about the first Shine-fueled Mardi Gras pales in comparison to one - and for good reason. So the rumor goes, a group of children were running around, celebrating, and having a grand time with all the festivities. One of them remarked "I wish Mardi Gras would never end!" Nobody is quite sure what happened next - but the popular guess is that a drunk Shiner overheard the childish dream and decided to 'help' out somehow.

Months later, a strange dark sphere still covers most of the street corner, emanating a queer chill. All that have ventured within are never heard from again. Several gutter-drunks have sworn on their grandmothers' graves that every now and then, in the dark of night, they sometimes hear the joyful laughter of children echoing from deep within...

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
DON'T SUPPRESS MY VOTING RIGHTS VOTEFINDER

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
who the gently caress is pale spectres?

my action failed >:l

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
hello kashuno this is your friend chores please tell me about your night activities

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.

got some chores tonight posted:

hello kashuno this is your friend chores please tell me about your night activities

Hello chores. I am unable to get into our scumdoc. Please tell me YOUR actions.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

got some chores tonight posted:

good rolefishing

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I'm scared :(

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
This is a lot of death to catch up and process. And I am still annoyed at Mr. F for shutting down the day early but I'll get over it.

DrAlexanderTobacco
Jun 11, 2012

Help me find my true dharma
Which guy is Dongsbot again? Pale Spectres voted for him in the final hours

also let it be known that Mr. F! was not a crafty man in league with CapPig but just really loving stupid

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Went back and re read spectre. Only consistent interactions I could find is that they made a comment about tommunist and then quoted me to defend my terrible case on tommunist.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

gonna hop right back on to where i was before w/ ##vote jimmy hats

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Izzhov is not town.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

JimsonTheBetrayer posted:

Went back and re read spectre. Only consistent interactions I could find is that they made a comment about tommunist and then quoted me to defend my terrible case on tommunist.

*defend against

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Well, we know one faction now, at least. And Max was visited but not killed, so that's another data point.

Did anyone really interact with PALE SPECTRE on D1?

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...

Kashuno posted:

good rolefishing

would you like to comment further

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Jimmy Hats posted:

I'm scared :(

Have you tried... um... believing in yourself?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
WHY IS EVERYONE IGNORING ME WHAT THE gently caress

• Locked thread