Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
In.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Max posted:

I should finally play in one of these.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

And my axe.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

drat you Podima.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

*Drinks pint, and several more* Weeeee~!

I should pick up some booze IRL to celebrate. If this game starts today. I'm not lurking, I just have a midterm due before midnight.

dude I GET YOU

I have/have had a test every weekday of this week.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

A house divided against itself cannot stand.

If the scum could please claim, we may all join together in glorious union once more.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Max is a chill dude.

Probably scum.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Izzhov posted:

People don't use cruise control unless they got something to hide.

##vote jimson

THIS IS RIDICULOUS AND UNFOUNDED. I THINK YOU REALLY NEED TO RETHINK YOUR THEORY. THERE ARE ALL SORTS OF REASONS UNRELATED TO DECEPTION WHY SOMEONE WOULD ENGAGE THE CRUISE.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

I only case you when I think you're scum, I've got a town read on you this game! Chill and have a drink!

Fake. ##vote Tobbs

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

zimbomonkey posted:

I'm claiming!

...that everyone in this game is cool

What about the scum

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Mayor Glowku posted:

Are you asking about the scum because you want to know if you are cool? because this seems like a scum claim to me

playing the pedant's game would be my second mistake, after hitting the quote button a few seconds ago

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

JimsonTheBetrayer posted:

It's 10am. The Jimson arises from the depths. Last night was a hard one. I'm not the young man I used to be, I had the Diablo Thickburger from Carls Jr.(or hardees depending where you live) and I was up til 4 with painful diaarhea and heartburn.

Anyone have any strong scum reads on someone who's username is Kashuno?

whose

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Infinitum posted:

Bit desperate for info, aren't ya mate?

I've already answered your question.

This is the post that convinced me infinitum was scum ##vote inf

Would also vote Tobbs or TQ.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Infinitum posted:

Oh poo poo I just posted after TQ.

Scumbro slip!

gaslighting 101

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Drunk Nerds posted:

I reckon Hack Wilson and Kiki Cuyler gon' make it hard on that opposing southpaw. Lively ball era stadium play is like watching a salad full of jumpin' beans

frame this post

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Actually you know what ##vote Dick Bastardly

I played 2 scum games with Dick Bastardly, and one of them we won, and the other one we were on the path for a clean sweep, and he played EXACTLY! like this. Dick Bastardly is really pinging my scumdar, and I know the moment I put pressure on him he's going to disappear entirely until we move on, and then he's gonna jump back in with a vengeance and surge forward with lots of "reads"

He'll also do the same thing if we pressure him for reads too

Does he not play like that as town? I don't have much meta on Dick.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Max posted:

I'm actually fairly certain this is just kinda annoying town inf.

Accusing the person who is calling you scummy and asking your reasoning for something as being "desperate for info" is not a genuine thought. It's dishonest to think that.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Max posted:

How many games with inf have you played?

I try my best not to keep track.

I really don't like your voting this game.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Max posted:

I mentioned it earlier in the thread but I have family visiting so I'm paring down my posting rather extremely to just hot takes this weekend.

That's fair. I liked your vote on Tobbs (I just said "Fake" but I had the same thought.), and would vote him again today.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Somberbrero posted:

i don't love the chain lynch but if it gets you to vote infinitum then i'll take it.

also, while I'm at it, I don't think scumberbrero posts this. He's tunneling a little bit but somber is very good at keeping an idle hand on the thread and hand-wringing to expert degrees as scum. This post is Obviously Wrong but I think it comes from a genuine place.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Izzhov posted:

##vote Infinitum at least until someone can build a stronger case on someone else.

It Could Be You

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Mr. F! posted:

Decides to vote for a gut case over the many suspicions he's voiced over the course of the game. This makes me think those suspicions were probably not ones he truly believed.

This is the only part of the case that raises an eye for me, and I don't really think it's an incredible example of that. The fact that you quote pretty much every post Jimson has made, and make this analysis:

Mr. F! posted:

LOL, I'M TOWN, seriously guys townie is posting here.

make me think you're just tunneling him hard.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Mr. F! posted:

Nothing he's done is actually bad.

He's posted emotionally when asked about a throwaway guess he made for the game.

Here's how I perceive the misunderstand between infinitum and the thread w/r/t multiple factions.

Infinitum makes an offhanded comment that he's not super serious about, just a random speculation. All of a sudden his random speculation is getting attacked. From his perspective he's getting attacked for some random offhanded comment he made, and being called scum for it. Infinitums anger, in my estimation, came from the impossibility of arguing against that kind of attack from somber. Like Sombers positing that he has information about the setup coming from him being scum. How do you defend yourself from such a claim? You can't. It's a he said she said type situation.

Every post Infinitum has made reads real and genuine to me.

Yeah except I'm not voting infinitum for being angry, I'm voting him for accusing somber of fishing and then gaslighting him. His smugposting about being town since has not helped him. I think you're being really uncharitable to the cases on inf and the reasoning.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Infinitum posted:

Quoting this for reference later.

I'm off :toot:

You're just

Your only purpose is trying to make me mad in this post.

I don't get it.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Mr. F! posted:

Well, the reason it seems like I am ignoring the cases on him is because I pretty much am. Its not my job to debunk cases on infinitum, infinitum can do that for himself. I am just certain in my town read of infinitum, therefore feel the need to express those feelings to the thread.

I feel equally certain about my read on jimson.

I mean, that's fine, but when people point out contradictions in how your case of Jimson includes things that Infinitum is doing, it makes your scum read on Jimson feel even more like tunneling.

I mean even if you have a very strong gut town read on someone, I still think it's very important not to just.. ignore the cases on that person.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Mr. F! posted:

This is the same kind of argument somber used against Inf.

I can't argue against this kind of claim. You're claiming i'm not posting from a town mindset, while picking out one particular post out of a whole host of posts I've made in this game.

"I'm doing something scummy. How am I supposed to argue that??"

Mr. F! posted:

It's weird to be accused of tunneling someone when its like the second day of d1 lol

There are multiple forms of tunneling. This is the form where you are reading into a lot of things that aren't there.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

The problem is. In those scum games? He was making an EFFORT to post like that. Talking about it in the scumdocs. Clearing every post he makes with us ahead of time. Which also makes me think he has a veteran player in the scumdoc with us BUT that's only because of the 2 games I played with him.

oh my

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

I already breadcrumbed my shine power too so the astute readers feel free to pick up on that.

This push on me seems kinda rushed. Still feeling dick but Kashuno care to explain why you are jumping on this while you were just casing dick? Not to mention he is playing 100% like I said he would? Dipped when he got heat and then reappeared when people were pushing him for conversation?

this is not a good follow-up to a post where people think you scumslipped.

would vote.

probably prefer inf.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Kashuno posted:

Nice role fishing

this is a very stupid post

Jimson told people to look for the breadcrumb

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Jonathan Fisk posted:

Bad bad bad bad bad

ahem

much like your posting

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Kashuno posted:

Jimson shot up to 9 votes and most of them have literally no content attached to them and no one sees an issue here

WIFOM.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

DickBastardly posted:

Honestly, how much weight can you put in a bet like that? Am I the only one not taking a bet of one's own life seriously? Is this some kind of super low-key, ironic joke-phase that occurs immediately after standard joke-phase that I'm oblivious of?

yes, and it's called mafia

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

can I keep it 100 for a second?

I've been trying to keep it inside and not push out too much because I promised myself I would stop getting emotionally invested in games.

I am super angry about all these dumb votes on me. Like, I really am. It's irritating, that a post I made when I was waiting for the bus after a super stressful trip to the mall is being misread because I accidentally said us, instead of what I meant. What makes me even madder is literally the sentence before I said Us over and over, and I was just in that frame of mind. Yet, no one examines that. They all lump into what they THINK is an amazing scum slip, and when I flip town. The only thing that will happen is I will be taken out of a game I am super excited about playing, and we will be down one town, and then MAYBE... MAAAYBE we can chain lynch a few other players.

If Izzhov is scum, they are in a REALLY amazing position right now, because we are letting them lead the charge (Sorry about the impersonal pronouns I have no idea what gender you identify as :( ) And the only thing that is going to let us come back from that is when we lynch Me, Glowku, and Dick, and this will only wrest control away from Izzhov if ALL THREE Of us flip town, otherwise, we will let Izzhov keep guiding the game, until they either slip up. Or are discovered scum.

Yet literally no one is examining Izzhov's past posts, only looking at them voting me because GLowku bet his life on it.

Also the most embarresing thing? I even noticed my mistype when I made it and Iw as going to mafia edit it, but I was like eh what ever. No ones gonna jump on it, it was a dumb typo. Yet it is the ONE THING that got the most attnetion this game.

:confused:

the majority of this post is peak WIFOM. There are so many reasons why so many different people would be voting you with differing alignments. This is a real spaghetti post, just throwing and seeing what sticks.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

BK Other than MR.F who here actually has another reason to be voting me, other than the "Scumslip"

I'm not arguing that there aren't some bad votes on you. Just that the conclusions you are drawing are a word salad. Don't try to push the burden on me, when it's your claims.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Somberbrero posted:

http://mafiawiki.notesmash.org/wiki/Lights_Out basically we get multiple lynches i think, i've half-read the op

it's saturday night and no one else is shineposting itt?

wow, posting the wrong wiki, smh

http://www.samafia.net/wiki/Lights_Out

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Somberbrero posted:

improve your seo

Fifteen Ways to Lynch the Scum Every Time Without Breaking A Sweat

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Somberbrero posted:

i completely forgot about tq

tq and infintum before jim i GUESS

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Absurd Revolver posted:

my roiling guts say Tobbs but it's less from his posts content and more his usual attitude

:confused:

pretty scummy sis

Murmur Twin posted:

Seconding all of this :j: You don't need to directly say "I'm a cop". If you case the person hard enough, town will figure out what you meant after you flip.

MMT reads a bunch of posts, and rather than playing mafia, she would rather echo KB's thoughts about optimal cop play. Scummy.

Absurd Revolver posted:

wish i had some more booze so i could get through this insane amount of casing material

just kidding i would keep just loving around

right now i wish i could justify lynching jimson, if just for personal reasons

but i don't think he fits the bill this time

AR is pinging my scumdar v. v. hard. Top 4 scumpicks: Inf, Tobbs, AR, MMT. I've cooled on Jimson and don't want to lynch him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Murmur Twin posted:

What does this even mean?

My read this game is that you are very carefully picking your targets to reply to, and not putting yourself out there much at all. Not participating a lot in active conversation of the game, but anytime someone brings up Mags, you remind them of the case you made. You defend the hill you've chosen, and you don't really go beyond that. Definitely scummy to me.

• Locked thread