Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

:ffg:
EAT THE DONUTS
Podima bought me an avatar so I guess I have to come out of Bad At Mafia retirement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
I'm a goon.

No not the kind thats cool and kills people at night, the kind that sits behind a computer all day and drinks.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
##vote Tobbs Gnawed clearly making awkward town jokes in an effort to fit in imo

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

##vote TQ clearly sober during joke phase of a shine game.

I do in fact have very little to offer at the moment you are correct. Don't worry though, I'll catch up to the rest of you soon.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
Thread moving too slow imo ##vote kashuno

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
Just FYI we can't kill Glowku until at least D3 so he has ample time to turn the scumdoc into a work of art.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
##unvote

That's a lot of joke votes on kash.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

Kashuno posted:

This is weirdly self conscious. It is 17 votes to lynch and he's worried about joke votes at 7

Ok yeah good point ##vote Kashuno

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

Infinitum posted:

Someone assigned it to Jimson

A good vote imo. Not as good as a kash vote but still a solid vote nonetheless.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

Kashuno posted:

Remind me why I'm a good vote?

Nah

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
So let me get this straight, you're all willing to follow someone whose original reason for thinking I'm scum was based on this post:

Truth Quark posted:

Just FYI we can't kill Glowku until at least D3 so he has ample time to turn the scumdoc into a work of art.

Made during joke phase. I will admit, I did glance at the wording when I was posting it a bit, but then decided "ehh whatever nobody will be that dumb" but here we are. I still hope Kash is just joke posting or something because I want to believe he isn't this dumb.

For the record, the post was actually in reference to Shine 1 when glowku and I were FIB bros and made the best god drat scumdoc you'll ever read.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

Kashuno posted:

Like..I'm not the only one seeing that originally TQ was calling it all joke votes but then doubles down on it, right?

I'm sorry, did we leave arbitrary joke phase cutoff and now we have to post seriously? I wasn't taking your "case" seriously and the fact you are reading so much into my posts is baffling to me.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
There are almost certainly multiple factions but until we have flips confirming anything that information is useless.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

Somberbrero posted:

i would put actual money down right now that infinite is not town. that's far too specific an asummption to make without extra oot info.

Did you play in either of the last two Shine games?

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

Infinitum posted:

Oh poo poo I just posted after TQ.

Scumbro slip!

I told you I was posting in the doc :argh:

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

Somberbrero posted:

nope, planning to read them though.

Setup spec was huge (and largely wrong) in both Shine games, but both of them featured multiple 3p teams so its not surprising someone who played in them would be commenting on setup spec.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

Somberbrero posted:

yeah i don't buy that for a moment. it's a tried and true scumtell and again infinite won't explain how he came to that number. if he were town it should be pretty easy to provide his reasoning. pointing out how useless it was in previous games should demonstrate how little value it holds here, and players from previous games should know that.

This is a fair point and one that I had not considered. I am still not buying it as the huge scum tell you are making it out to be though.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
I'd vote Inf in the absence of anything more compelling. I am slowly coming around on Sombrero's casing after re-reading.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

Mr. F! posted:

This is such a lame post.

Not really, the way you were phrasing it made me (and probably KB) think you had a day result or something. You clarified it above so I no longer think that.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
Yeah uhh what the hell was that post ##vote Jimson

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
I don't see how Glowku can know for sure that Jimson is scum anymore than Mr. F did.

I originally voted because it did look like Jimson scum slipped pretty hard, no other real reason. I'm not really sure how anyone could be super sure of anything on d1.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
This is micro lights out, we can only vote two people at most, and we will not get their flips until the day actually ends.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
Hi I'm trying to wrap my head around this game but it is very much not easy.

I'm still not certain I'm feeling Infinitum, but that may just be bias because he and I are kind of roasting in the same boat now apparently.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
From a purely information standpoint I'd have to agree that Inf or Jimson are probably the best two candidates for today.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

Infinitum posted:

Wow.
Knife in my loving back.

You can't lynch me today.
It's my birthday :colbert:

Shh its all part of the plan

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
Quidad probably squidad (scumdad) is really the only thing I can see after reading way too many new pages.

Also Infi's claim pinged me super hard because I thought he was claiming an exact duplicate role from Shine 1 but turns out I was still thinking of Kashuno's stupid splatoon game (thanks squidad).

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

Izzhov posted:

Wait, after reading everything everyone's posted, literally your only read is a lurker who's barely posted?

Don't get me wrong, I'd totally vote Quidnose, I just find it weird af that this is your only read.

What are your reads on this giant 33 person game full of poo poo posting and Infinitum claims?

I don't think Infi is scum, have not for most of the game.

I don't like Jimson but I *think* I found his breadcrumb so I'm just gonna leave that for now.

I've played many games with Quidnose and either they A) should not have signed up for this game they couldn't play or B) are scum.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

got some chores tonight posted:

WHATS THE POINT OF BREADCRUMBS

the scum team(s) have already tracked them down if they exist

most town players are too lazy to track them down BUT WHAT IF they are important counterclaims to be made

Because his role (if I'm reading it right) is one that is easily verifiable later in the game?

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

Izzhov posted:

My biggest read is Mr. F, as I've posted a few times. Check out the case I made earlier! In fact, to expand on the case a little right now, Mr. F's defense of Infi reads as scum defending town to try to fake us out.

Glowku's been making a bunch of suspicious posts but I'm really curious about his power now so I'll leave it till at least day 2.

Oh and Jeckyll hasn't done loving poo poo of use in this game other than really weakly try to set up a chain cuddle (which, I know, I'm one to talk, but I think my case at the time was a lot stronger than the one Jeckyll made).

I took a look at your case but its going to require me to re-read Mr. F. Gonna do that when I get some time today.

Glowku is playing like Glowku always plays which means if he's scum he'll inevitably go ham defending a scumbro and die on that hill.

I'm gonna ##vote Quidnose for now will read some more later.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
I also need to go read Kashuno because I'm pretty sure 90% of his posts are just "You are playing mafia wrong" type posts that add nothing.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
I get the feeling Kash knows more about those votes that he has told us.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
##vote Kashuno I don't like his play D1. Myself and TMM have already touched on his "You're all playing mafia wrong" posts. I am admittedly a little biased after he took my joke phase posts wayyyyy too seriously.

The other big thing I've noticed was this flip:

Kashuno posted:

:laffo: HOLY poo poo ##vote Jimson

Kashuno posted:

I think Jimson authentically scum slipped there and also Dick is actually his teammate.

Kash clearly thought that Jimson's post was a full on "authentic" scum slip.

Kashuno posted:

Johnathon Frisk posted:

Bad vote parade.

However, this I agree with.

He immediately flip flops back not [/i]two posts[/i] later. Why would someone who thought Jimson "authentically" scum slipped find votes for said scum slip suspicious?

Kash play seems very fake to me this game.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

He immediately flip flops back not [/i]two posts[/i] later. Why would someone who thought Jimson "authentically" scum slipped find votes for said scum slip suspicious?

Kash play seems very fake to me this game.

All else aside, I find this vote and case to be incredibly opportunistic in the face of 3 anonymous votes coming from a source of unknown alignment. I'm honestly surprised, whether you're town or scum TQ, that you've chosen now to try and move momentum.

Don't take this as a defense of Kash, it's not. I'll have to re-read him. But this...this is a very weird thing to do for town.
[/quote]

I expressed suspicion long before kash was at 3 anon votes. And more importantly I don't really care, as I think Kash is scum.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
I would be ok with a Jimmy Hats as well but only to avoid the inevitable poo poo posting extravaganza later on in the game.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
I'm having serious trouble believing CPig's claim is anything other than a joke or gambit.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
Congrats on getting a claim out of someone on D1 rear end in a top hat

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
I had strong feeling it was just a stupid gambit but is it really something scum would do?

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

Infinitum posted:

He just got someone to full claim, so ask yourself is it something town would do?

You of all people should know that town does stupid bullshit to "pressure" people all the time.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
I thought Mr. F thought Infi was town what happened to that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
KB put me on the N1 hitlist he is mean

• Locked thread