Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
I'll join if this still room. Either way, thanks for inviting me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Greetin's, y'all. Emmelia Foret, here, and I'm excited like chickens on a Junebug to be a part of this here town.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

DrJeckyllTobacco posted:

*Walks in, dusts himself off and scans the room*

"Ah, greetings!"

Greetings! Seeing you again has me as giddier than a schoolgirl at a church picnic!

Shucks, this place has a lot of people. I'd reckon it's busier than a Cathlick confessional the day after payday

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

TMMadman posted:

Man, there have been an awful lot of posts today, but really reading them will have to wait because the Cubs game is on in about 90 minutes and I'm to nervous about it to concentrate on anything.

I reckon Hack Wilson and Kiki Cuyler gon' make it hard on that opposing southpaw. Lively ball era stadium play is like watching a salad full of jumpin' beans

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

JimsonTheBetrayer posted:

? Oh I was still thinking first person when I wrote that. Its pretty obvious what I meant tho

This defense left me not knowin' whether to scratch my watch or wind my butt

I already breadcrumbed my shine power too so the astute readers feel free to pick up on that.

This push on me seems kinda rushed. Still feeling dick but Kashuno care to explain why you are jumping on this while you were just casing dick? Not to mention he is playing 100% like I said he would? Dipped when he got heat and then reappeared when people were pushing him for conversation?

My pappy has a saying, "when you caught lyin', you best pass the buck as fast as a fart in a fan factory."

This whole thing is queer as a three dollar bill in a church collection plate

##vote jimsonthebetrayer

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Kashuno posted:

follow up discussion.

What would've buttered my bread was a little more regret. "Golly, y'all! I definitely see how my words can be misconstrued in a negatory way. What meant was "last game, I wondered if he was a veteran player in the scumdoc with us."

not

? Oh I was still thinking first person when I wrote that. Its pretty obvious what I meant tho

Everyone thinks in the first person since Adam n' Eve without making a conspiratorial statement. Plus, what he meant was about as "pretty obvious" as a white cat in a snowstorm.

This push on me seems kinda rushed. Still feeling dick but Kashuno care to explain why you are jumping on this

"Shucks I just implicated myself, why is everyone rushing to hang me?"

How am I passing the buck when I am literally making the same case i was before? Or better question. How is dick picking up on my poor phrasing and trying to run it into the ground him not passing the buck?

Attempting to pass the buck on someone else for passing the bucks runs rings larger than a washbin drain

:shrug: I'm town. This case is kinda dumb and based on a word I used.

If I was scum do you seriously think I wouldn't have poured over that post to find anything that could give me away? I am postimg town and sometimes town posts stupid poo poo. The end.

Was pretty much what I wanted to hear in the beginning, but instead I saw a player more frantic than a hummingbird on Coca Toothache medicine.

There's still many hours left before the sun sets for a more concrete suspect to emerge, but for now I've got my peepers on Jimson

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Clearing every post he makes with us ahead of time. Which also makes me think he has a veteran player in the scumdoc with*** him*** BUT that's only because of the 2 games I played with him

Why didn't you just say this in the beginning?

##unvote jimsonthebetrayer

The main reason I voted you was because you just brushed it off with "it's obvious what I meant to say," and other weird stuff I've cited. Plus you got angry at us rather than yourself when you made a slip up. Both of those things made me wary of working with you. Maybe take a deep breath every once in a while would make you enjoy the game more.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Murmur Twin posted:

This is a lot of words to "me too" an easy case on a typo/scumslip and feels suspicious. It reads like scum making a fake case to me.

I can see that.

Please note that I was responding to... I think Kashuno stating that people weren't citing any evidence for the Jimson vote. So I collected the evidence and put it all in that post... that's why it comes off as "not saying anything new," I was just trying to re-state things for Kashuno.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Mafia edit: Forgot to say, "shucks, y'awl, being in this hurr conversation feels like walking around barefoot in a broken glass factory."

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Kashuno posted:

I think it's horrible, sure, but scummy? Idk.

This is the flagpole I'm currently saluting. It seems... excessively bold to go for a scum to go for a chain lynch right out of the gate? Correct me if I'm diving for pearls in an outhouse.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Izzhov posted:

The only flaw with this argument is that I did (and do) think Glowku was soft-claiming N0 (or perhaps D1) cop, just like chores said earlier. That's why I dismissed counterarguments based on setup spec (since setup spec isn't as strong as a role claim), as well as counterarguments that Glowku's just not being sincere (and hell, Glowku himself even directly responded to someone claiming he was insincere with - and I quote - "gently caress you"!).

People who think Glowku's being insincere - what would he have to say for you to no longer doubt his sincerity? Nothing less than a blatant full roleclaim?

I just didn't think he was being very serious about his "I bet my life" statement, more of a joke. So I thought it odd that someone would take that ball and run with it

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Izzhov posted:

I interpreted his bet as a (soft) role claim (which I'd assumed he was flavor-breadcrumbing with all the gambling posts he made earlier), but ok. We'll wait to see what he says when he returns to the thread.

Has anyone played a game where you had a choice in doing an action night 0? Seems kinda Unfun to run the possibility that the game hasn't started for players, but that already one of them has been outed due to N0 stuff? I don't know though, this whole N0 concept is new to me

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Newish player here: What does cuddling mean? Google search didn't help me.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Drunk Nerds posted:

Google search didn't help me.

BECAUSE IT'S 1930!!
LOLOL... STILL IN CHARACTER

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Mayor Glowku posted:

Some pansies don't like the word lynch. So they say lunch or cuddle. Basically don't be like them, lynch the weak

By the by, I definitely have no suss with using the word "lynch." But, in this specific situation (A southern U.S. town in the first half of the twentieth century) I could see how it might go over like year-old mayonnaise.

Thanks for your answer, suge!

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
As I see it, from everyone's arguments, it's hard to tell who is doin' what on D1. So I kinda feel like it would be better odds to target someone with very few posts/no posts, as posting a lot is kinda putting-your-neck-out-there behavior that many non-townies would shy away from... I totally get that voting a lurker has it's disadvantages, so who hasn't posted 5 or more times, but posted once or more, so far? Or, I'd love a counterargument that some of the people who are passionately posting a lot with feasible strategies should be considered more likely to be scum than people just kinda hanging in the wings and posting rarely.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

OMGVBFLOL posted:

I think this is more believable as a slip than Jim's. It's reasonable to assume there's multiple groups because of previous Shine games and the size of this one. But being as specific as Infinitum was here makes it sound like he knows something we don't.

Hey, I've run a mafia game with no nights for 10 years, but I'm def a noob when it comes to this whole specific roles type of game.

Can you please enlighten me: Is there an established role that would know how many factions there are? I just ask because it seems like every power I've seen so far is way too specific to be able to tell the number of factions.

Thanks!

Fake edit: My stars!

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Okay I've read all 45 pages of this thread. Here are my reads:
People who post a lot and get heated give me a very town-y vibe. Scum don't get emotional, scum are cold and calculating, ime.

The one thing that sticks out to me is the Jimmy Hats thing.

- He posted that his pm told him not to talk OOT
- Our town pm's did not have that piece of info
- Therefore, he not town

The defense that he was being facetious doesn't hold for me, because facetious means "not taking something seriously." That doesn't really apply here, he didn't say something serious but could be interpreted as joking... he said something about his PM that shows he is not town.

For right now, I'm most confident to ##vote Jimmy Hats. Everything else just feels like speculation to me, since it's so early in the game.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
I'm down to vote JHats... but Izzhov also sounds intriguing.
Besides the chain lynch advocacy, can someone please point out other reasons they suspect her? I read all of this thread, but I don't recall anything save loose speculation... although I may have missed sumthin'

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Jimmy Hats posted:

My role says I'm not allowed to talk with players outside the game. Are there town players cheating?

Jimmy Hats posted:

Because my role does restrict oot talk, by default, ya doof!

##vote Jimmy Hats

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

CapitalistPig posted:

because lights out is bad and i think we need 3 more deaths before this really gets good.

Why do you think lights out is bad? As I see it, it gives the Townies a higher ratio of executions they can control... which seems irrefutably beneficial to the town.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Podima posted:

[*]No PM comparing shenanigans - format, capital letters, whatever.

Does what we're doing with Jimmy H fall under this stipulation? IT's kinda hard to just ignore him claiming his role banned out of thread conversations, though

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Captain Foo posted:

there's often a lot of town lynched in non-lights out games, that doesn't mean no-lynch is a good strat there either

Yeah, as I see it, it's worth the risk because MAfia is just going to lynch a townie every time, so let's lower the ratio of lynches they get to perform as a function of the total number of lynches

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

DrJeckyllTobacco posted:

Interesting how TQ was gunning hard for Kashuno in the final few hours before he was offed in the night

Also Kash is now at 0 anon votes - if anyone notices one appear then check through his posts to date - could suggest a specific trigger that causes them??? idunno

EVery time KAshuno makes a post that contains the letter "e" he gets an autovote.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Jimmy Hats posted:

I never once said anything about my PM, ever. I said my role says that i can't post outaide the thread, which is true for every role that doesn't say otherwise.

Well, the thing is, nowhere in the OP does it say that we can't talk outside the thread. I can see how it's naturally assumed that we can't, I have assumed it this game. But that's because past games have been like that, not because my role says it.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
I'm talking myself out of J Hats now... feels plausible that he could have said his role says he can't talk out of thread, and been thinking "hey standard mafia rules say if my role is townie, I can't post out of the thread."

Although, you're not helping your case by just cursing and screaming, Jimmy Hats.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Captain Foo posted:

who else do you think is scum

Good question. I don't have anything solid to go on... like I said earlier everyone who is getting all emotional about stuff gives me a townie read

Spectre had 13 posts, 5th least. So that kind of makes me suspect people who have posted just enough to beat the minimum:
tpink 26
TMMadman 23
DrJeckyllTobacco 21
zimbomonkey 18
Drunk Nerds 17
OMGVBFLOL 16
dongsbot9000 16
PALE SPECTRES 13
Absurd Revolver 12
The Lord of Hats 11
Anomalous Amalgam 9

However, Quid had the fewest posts and turned out human so...?

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Captain Foo posted:

cool, now who do you think is scum

you provided me a list of lurkers and then undermined the only point you actually had

Yes, this is because I really have no idea. So rather than speculate for the sake of speculation, alone, I want to sit back and just read everyone else's speculation and let the more experienced people take the reins. I'll let you know if I get a mafia read on anyone, for sure,

There was something Spectres said that made me say "huh, this guy seems mafia" but it was early in the game so I didn't want to start a witch hunt over a hunch. Now that he is confirmed, let me go back and find that post, then see if anyone else has made a similar one... That's what I'm currently working on.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Oh wait.

##vote tommunist

(or what ever username will trigger)

Go back and read him. Literally no content AND lurk posting full throttle. Only jumping in to talk when the seemingly largest number of people are on. Coincidence? Or planned interactions?

PALE SPECTRES posted:

my word, he posts when other people are posting?

*pops monocle into orbit*

Here, Pale defends someone who got a bad read on Tommunist's posting style.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3794727&pagenumber=34&perpage=40#post465691515

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Drunk Nerds posted:

tpink 26
TMMadman 23
DrJeckyllTobacco 21
zimbomonkey 18
Drunk Nerds 17
OMGVBFLOL 16
dongsbot9000 16
PALE SPECTRES 13
Absurd Revolver 12
The Lord of Hats 11
Anomalous Amalgam 9

However, Quid had the fewest posts and turned out human so...?

This list seems wrong: Pale's post history only shows a few posts in this thread. Am I doing something wrong?
http://forums.somethingawful.com/query.php?action=results&qid=1477427039&page=1

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Are you asking all these questions because you genuinely care, or because you want to divert attention away from this post?

got some chores tonight posted:

i am lesley winters, voodoo-aligned spirit talker

as you guys know, i was the hero in shine 1 before being brutally taken before my time in shine 2 and im back for a vengeance in shine 3.

i spoke to the spirits to ask if kashuno was one of my killers in shine 2 and he was and now hes being a squirrelly weirdo so im interpreting that to mean hes scum.

please lynch kashuno he is scum thank you

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Are we all going to just gloss over the fact that a hate crime was committed?

PALE SPECTRES posted:

if we are claiming things i would like to claim that

i am inclined towards the same sex

Podima posted:

:rip: PALE SPECTRES was beaten to death on Night 1! :rip:

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Captain Foo posted:

who do you find scummy

TMM because Pale was super quick to defend him.
## unvote

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Again, I feel like I've missed something: What are the cases against Kashuno and Izzhov, besides Izzhov advocating a chain vote?

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Yes
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3794727&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=50#post465737641

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

TMMadman posted:

Aside from it being me, I don't like this because it seemingly doesn't take into consideration that scum will defend townies in order to make themselves look good.

WIFOM
##vote TMMadman

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
I should clarify.. while it is very possible Pale was just doing it to get some cred, he is literally the ony confirmed bad guy and this is the only thing he did which points to someone else. So I'm picking it over the arguments for anyone else so far, all of which are purely speculative and don't have the foundation of a known bad guy's actions.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

TMMadman posted:

That's Tomm (aka dongsbot9000 in this game) not TMMadman.

Really? drat

##unvote TMMadman
##vote dongsbot9000

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Who was it that started the charge on Mr. F?

Checking...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Think infi kicked off the Mr. F dogpile here
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3794727&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=42#post465699967

But then I noticed Mr. F clearly defends himself (he was posting in someone else's voice to make fun of them), yet Lord of the hats doesn't believe him and adds to the vote. That feels the most suspicious to me because it seems quite clear that Mr. F defended himself accurately:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3794727&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=42#post465700124

Also Lord of the Hats had only 11 posts day 1, which always gives me a more scummy read. He's on my radar, going to check his other posts now.

• Locked thread