Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
Shine made me blind :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
I pledge to get nicely drunk before posting every day this game, for I am Jatdoo ZibbitybopzapdoopzibooWoWooOwow, the half elk, half Gimli, sightly retarded full cyborg jazzy scat-bard, who has no concept of where it is or is not appropriate to urinate

This is gonna be a good game, I can feel it in my bladder.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
Mr. Popular :heysexy:

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Mayor Glowku posted:

Don't measure at all, cut with blind fervor!

Took your advice, I am now the proud owner of a hand stump. Help me come up with an idea of what to fit onto it, was thinking a hook so I can finally achieve my lifelong dream of becoming Captain Hook.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

JimsonTheBetrayer posted:

It's 10am. The Jimson arises from the depths. Last night was a hard one. I'm not the young man I used to be, I had the Diablo Thickburger from Carls Jr.(or hardees depending where you live) and I was up til 4 with painful diaarhea and heartburn.

Anyone have any strong scum reads on someone who's username is Kashuno?

Yeah, he said this:

Kashuno posted:

Does anyone here think koalas look like goatse

Which is Kashuno-speak for: "I'm scum"

Also he insinuated something about his intention to "golden finger" our "silver feet" and I don't like the sound of it.

##vote Kashuno

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Mayor Glowku posted:

a vibrating hook. For her pleasure

such a good idea that I chopped off my other hand so I could get one for myself. double the pleasure, double the FUN

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Not gonna lie, this got me kinda hype.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
Or maybe we should vote anyone in that really suss "Pumkin Pals" gang, those guys are vicious scallywagons I've heard.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
Kash talked someone back into a vote on HIMSELF :laffo:

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Infinitum posted:

I'll gently caress up your spoiler

Infin is serious yo, look what he did to my meemaw's spoiler

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
I'm just putting this out there, I was 99% sure Infi was scum in "A Man's League" and it turned out he was actually just a rude and combative town.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
Oooohhhh you did't Knooooow? Yo rear end better caaaaaaaaalllll somboooooooddyyyyyyyyyyy!

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Somberbrero posted:

i got a reaction for you right here buddy.

Somber is serious yo, look what he did to my meemaw's reactor:

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
@ Jimson

This would be the first game where I didn't miss joke phase for the most part, and so yeah... I've never opened a game with jokes like this. As for the post where I defend Infinitum, I was just honestly stating that his rude and/or combative nature was just as viable a read of a town infi as it might be of a scum infi. That was all. I would say it's still an open case on him. I haven't read anything that gives me a really scummy vibe on anyone yet, it's still a bit early. I will go back and re-read to see if I catch anything I my have missed so far. Yes I realize that me going back, re-reading and then posting some reads is what you predicted I would do, and tried to put scum shade on that, but honestly I don't see whats so scummy about that. It's as simple as playing the game IMO.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Mr. F! posted:

This is the same kind of argument somber used against Inf.

I can't argue against this kind of claim. You're claiming i'm not posting from a town mindset, while picking out one particular post out of a whole host of posts I've made in this game.

You are so sure of your town read on Infi that you will ignore any information that isn't a read of your own on him?

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Mr. F! posted:

It's weird to be accused of tunneling someone when its like the second day of d1 lol

Honestly, I'm sad joke phase didn't last longer.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Kashuno posted:

jokephase is bad tho.

How exactly? (actual noob question)

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

The problem is. In those scum games? He was making an EFFORT to post like that. Talking about it in the scumdocs. Clearing every post he makes with us ahead of time. Which also makes me think he has a veteran player in the scumdoc with us BUT that's only because of the 2 games I played with him.

Who's "us"? Are you in a scumdoc right now?

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Kashuno posted:

:laffo: HOLY poo poo ##vote Jimson

Yeah.... that's what I'm thinking

##unvote

##vote Jimson

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

? Oh I was still thinking first person when I wrote that. Its pretty obvious what I meant tho

I think in the first person all the time... because that's always my perception, in the first person. I'm loving confused by you right now. You're gonna have to come up with an epic defense to cover-up that scumslip.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

I already breadcrumbed my shine power too so the astute readers feel free to pick up on that.

This push on me seems kinda rushed. Still feeling dick but Kashuno care to explain why you are jumping on this while you were just casing dick? Not to mention he is playing 100% like I said he would? Dipped when he got heat and then reappeared when people were pushing him for conversation?

I'll tell you why I'm voting you, it's because you more or less admitted to being in a scumdoc. Worthy of a vote IMO, and yes, I even mentioned I would play like you predicted I would because.. well... it's how I play, I'm not afraid to admit that. Tell me how re-reading the clusterfuck of jokes and half serious posts in D1 and coming back with reads is scummy? I don't have any by the way, still too early. But I will say that you've voted for SEVERAL players today, most of which you could say are jokes, but I think you're trying to get a bandwagon started by throwing poo poo at the wall to see what sticks.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Also, quick question for dick.

Do you deny the accusations I made about your play style as scum? And please don't just say "yes because I am never in during jokephase" because when the only games I've played with you have BEEN games where your scum and in those games you were infact around just as much as you are in this one. (popping in to make goofy jokes and dissapearing afterwards) it only further reinforces my point.

I play as town when I'm town. I play as town when I'm scum. I can't think of any other way to play.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Mayor Glowku posted:

I play as scum when I'm town

Noice :v:

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

maff edit cuz im teh stoopidz

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

:laffo:

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

I am town alligned. Not third person. I have breadcrumbed my power multiple times and have no idea if I will even use it because its one of those roles that had a HUGE margin for error.

All dick has done is squirm under our accusations and thrown cases around to try and get attention away from him. I on the other hand am not. Because I know dick is scum I feel it in me bones.

I've only thrown around one (serious) case, and that's yours. I'm not squirming, I've answered your accusations against me (namely that a scum me would play a certain style) and even played that style after acknowledging your case, because I'm not scum and I think your case against me is weak.

Ok, yes maybe the semantics thing is arguably weak as well, but that was just the cherry on top of the broader case that you have essentially voted for everyone who has been voted thus far (with a few exceptions and even a no lynch vote!) to essentially start a bandwagon. Mine just happened to be the case that you put the most effort into.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
What the hell is a bread crumb and where can I find it because this is the only thing I havent looked into and could very well get me off your back Jim

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Kashuno posted:

Idk why you're taking glowku's bet at face value because betting is strictly against mafia rules and if he was betting for real he would be modkilled

Is this seriously a rule, i couldn't find it in the SA maf wiki

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Kashuno posted:

Nice role fishing

Is it really fishing if Jim is literally pointing to it as a defense? What am I supposed to do, not try to see what it's about?

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
So should I look for it or not because heaven forbid I do anything bad for town.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
I re-read, and Jim claimed town (which he finds boring apparently) and he also claims to like to rile player's up if he's scum. So.. this doesn't really help me think he's town.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
Honestly, how much weight can you put in a bet like that? Am I the only one not taking a bet of one's own life seriously? Is this some kind of super low-key, ironic joke-phase that occurs immediately after standard joke-phase that I'm oblivious of?

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Izzhov posted:

Oh, I think a lot of people are confused here because they're reading "my life" as "my irl life," rather than "my mafia life," the latter of which is what I'm pretty sure Glowku intended.

Well that makes way more sense hahaha. Ok. Still not taking it too seriously though.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

I uh... I don't really think uh.. anyone really made that mistake?

I seriously thought Glowku was taking his life into his own hands in a bet on an internet forum game.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Mayor Glowku posted:

Via sudoku********

the grid... it's.... ENTIRELY BLANK!! ARRGHH!! :psyboom:

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

can I keep it 100 for a second?

I've been trying to keep it inside and not push out too much because I promised myself I would stop getting emotionally invested in games.

I am super angry about all these dumb votes on me. Like, I really am. It's irritating, that a post I made when I was waiting for the bus after a super stressful trip to the mall is being misread because I accidentally said us, instead of what I meant. What makes me even madder is literally the sentence before I said Us over and over, and I was just in that frame of mind. Yet, no one examines that. They all lump into what they THINK is an amazing scum slip, and when I flip town. The only thing that will happen is I will be taken out of a game I am super excited about playing, and we will be down one town, and then MAYBE... MAAAYBE we can chain lynch a few other players.

If Izzhov is scum, they are in a REALLY amazing position right now, because we are letting them lead the charge (Sorry about the impersonal pronouns I have no idea what gender you identify as :( ) And the only thing that is going to let us come back from that is when we lynch Me, Glowku, and Dick, and this will only wrest control away from Izzhov if ALL THREE Of us flip town, otherwise, we will let Izzhov keep guiding the game, until they either slip up. Or are discovered scum.

Yet literally no one is examining Izzhov's past posts, only looking at them voting me because GLowku bet his life on it.

Also the most embarresing thing? I even noticed my mistype when I made it and Iw as going to mafia edit it, but I was like eh what ever. No ones gonna jump on it, it was a dumb typo. Yet it is the ONE THING that got the most attnetion this game.

I think this post is legit, honestly, if you saw that typo and were scum, I don't think you would've been so comfortable as to leave it alone right then. I think you would've been more careful. You should still be careful though IMO. I'm still going to scrutinize you, but I think your legit here.

##unvote

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
I forgot to ask, what the hell is lights out? gently caress im noob still.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Somberbrero posted:

http://mafiawiki.notesmash.org/wiki/Lights_Out basically we get multiple lynches i think, i've half-read the op

it's saturday night and no one else is shineposting itt?

I'm dumb, I went back and found Pod's post about today's limited lights out, so yeah... lynch one, get an extension, lynch or no lynch and then the flips.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

DickBastardly posted:

I'm dumb, I went back and found Pod's post about today's limited lights out, so yeah... lynch one, get an extension, lynch again or no lynch and then the flip(s).

mafia edit: and I'm not even drunk anymore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

DickBastardly posted:

mafia edit: and I'm not even drunk anymore

....and out of beer, so this is probably a sign I should go to bed.

• Locked thread