Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
ANOTHER Shine game? Sign me right up! (And thank you to the awesome MMT for giving me a heads-up about it! A permanent MVP in my book. :tipshat:)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
Also, I was just in New Orleans two months ago, so I basically have the game all figured out already. :agesilaus:

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Mayor Glowku posted:

Podima you are my favorite game host. Please don't let me down and I promise I won't start a ton of poo poo like last game

:same:

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
Also, I haven't come across Jimson's avatar text in a couple of months and it's making me crack up all over again.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Max posted:

Voting you first and will not stop until you are dead.

You're going right on my Nixon-style enemies list, bucko.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Infinitum posted:

In if there is still a spot

Infi, how did you get your cool Pumpkin Pals tag? I want one.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Holy poo poo. What game is this quote from!?

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
I'm ready to Mafia my butt off, yall. Let's do this.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

JimsonTheBetrayer posted:

I'm god

But you may call me Jimson

Jimson/god, you might want to free up your mailbox before role PMs go out.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
Good morning, everyone. In the true spirit of the game, I was out getting drunk last night and missed this thread opening. Which I think means I should get like immunity or something on day 1.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

PALE SPECTRES posted:

if we are claiming things i would like to claim that

i am inclined towards the same sex

its funny because this is a shocking admission in this repressive time and i am admitting it casually without provocation

*swigs hooch, thinks about own bodily functions*

Hey big boy. :forkbomb:

(Also, :same:.)

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

There are two kinds of Jimson in this world.

A droll, quiet Jimson who doesn't have two fucks to rub together.

And an excited, playful Jimson with 1/3 more posts than the next person in the game.

I ask you, friends, neighbors, citizens of New Orleans, do we trust this jolly, bearded Jimson?

Or do we throw him to the dogs.

##vote Jimson for a quieter, less sweaty and hairy tomorrow.

I like when Jimson posts a lot but yes, a posting Jimson is likely to be scum Jimson.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

this is a stickup posted:

woo, poo poo, how do I get in on this action? am I acceptable?

I've got a pretty amazing dong, especially by NOLA standards

I know this because I lived in nola for a while

Instead of people claiming D1 I propose we just whip out our dongs D1. Who's with me?

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

I love this game so much, I love how many players there are, it's like all your best friends come meeting up to play a round of bball

Ok Jimson definitely scum. :colbert:

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
Here's my jokey but not really D1 vote: ##vote JimsonTheBetrayer

At -13 now, sup scrub.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

CapitalistPig posted:

Shine isn't as much fun without a scumdoc to talk in :(

Look at this tryhard, definitely not scum! :agesilaus:

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
Ugh I don't want to get accused of defending scum bros but I actually don't think Infi is off base suggesting there are multiple scum teams. I played in (or at least read through) the last couple of shine games, and we had I think around 20 people and maybe 2-3 scum teams in each game. So given that this game has 33 people, his thinking makes sense to me.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Somberbrero posted:

you, as i've discussed.

quark for his very self-conscious behavior regarding his vote. it looks like he cares more about perception than honesty. town don't give a gently caress about appearing wrong and bad, scum do.

tpink's post just now was weird.

Yeah, look at this guy sharing his opinions, how weird! It's like he's participating in this game or something, what gives.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

It's not that. It's that you were like OMG! IDONT WANNA SEEM LIKE SCUM BUUUUT.

Nah.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Infinitum posted:

Way I claimed?

Now you're just being combative for the sake of being combative.

Yes it's a 33 player game, and think about how much effort that's going to require to shift 17 votes.

I was at -5.
It's 1am here in Sydney.
I'm going to bed soonish.
I would prefer not to wake up dead.
So I claimed early.

Was thinking that Infi is scum when he claimed early, then I got to this post and his claiming made more sense. Though now I also am starting to wonder why he didn't just say this right at the time he claimed.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

got some chores tonight posted:

names youll prolly see in this game youll just have to deal w/ maybe podima can put some of these in the op

Mr. F. = Mags
got some chores tonight = dongs(bot 9000)
dongsbot9000 = Tommunist (now this one's tricky)
Jonathan Fisk = Tremendous Taste

names of ppl no one really likes so youll prolly wont see these

Tobbs Gnawed = Adahn1986
Jimmy Hats = GannyGrabber
Kashuno = baby back bitch

sorry gbs fellows it turns out this idiot forums game is really insular (and dead and gay)

Thanks for this. I haven't played in a few months and was confused by all the name changes.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
I still have no idea of cpig is loving around or not. I've never had a lie detector role so maybe I just don't get how it works, but his explanation of detection results - full lie , half lie, or true results - doesn't make any sense to me.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Mr. F! posted:

CPIG how could you possibly not tell I was being facetious.

Please read my post history w/r/t somber and you'll see it was an obvious joke. But then again you're apathetic so I'd not expect you to put effort into this game

This is also what's weird about it - cpig going from being totally checked out to this out of nowhere. But Mr. F, the backpedaling and overly earnest "I was just joshing, guys!" is also not coming across as great, I gotta be honest...

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Izzhov posted:

I'm vaguely annoyed that it took CPig's shenanigans to get people on this train when I had a perfectly good case against him before, but I'll take what I can get.

##vote Mr. F tho I wouldn't mind using our Limited Lights Out vote on Jimmy Hats.

Shine 1 I was lie detector, I got Partial Truth.

Infinitum posted:

CPig what sort of posts can you lie detect.

What are your restrictions?

I have.

Helpful to know that a partial lie detector is a real thing, thank you both. Ok, good enough for me.

##unvote
##vote Mr F

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

CapitalistPig posted:

hey guys

I was lying lol

but look at all these great reactions we now have to work with.

##unvote

Oh, just gently caress right off dude. This is dumb and anti-town, and a really lovely move to pull 4 hours before the deadline.

##unvote
##vote Cpig

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Mr. F! posted:

Jimson and infinitum are the two best lynches. I think infinitum is town so I'd prefer if people voted Jimson but at this point I think it's between infinitum and Jimson.

This is a really bad post. Why are you ok with lynching town?

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
This is a lot of death to catch up and process. And I am still annoyed at Mr. F for shutting down the day early but I'll get over it.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Kashuno posted:

WHY IS EVERYONE IGNORING ME WHAT THE gently caress

new phone who dis

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

got some chores tonight posted:

does your night action match up with any of the night actions either mentioned via flip or claim

I hope this is a setup for another lie detector gambit!

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
gently caress there's a lot of very quickly moving pieces in this here thread.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
What the gently caress is even going on here now. Is chores now claiming watcher? Or what is this spyglass business?

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Infinitum posted:

This day is a loving mess already :cripes:

:yeah:

Strap yourselves in, I think it's going to be a long and bumpy ride till the deadline.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Kashuno posted:

Nice try :) not scum

chores, do your lie detection bit

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Kashuno posted:

actually nah yolo I'm a tracker who tracked izzhov to TQ and jimson apparently bus drove elsewhere so:)

:pusheen:

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
Izzhov, wanna chime in and respond with anything?

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Murmur Twin posted:

As a matter a fact, no he isn't. He's made 9 posts on day 2 without making a case or a vote:

I'm still more suspicious of Izz/chores at the moment, but I feel reasonably confident that this is scum tpink.

tpink - who are you most suspicious of? There's plenty of stuff to analyze at this point.

Hmm, MMT is totally misrepresenting my posting by omitting the fact that I did vote three times in fact: first for Jimson, then for Mr. F and then for cpig. Interesting. What's the strategy there, MMT?

Izz is pretty much confirmed scum at this point, IMO. I asked her to chime in before I voted to see if she had a real response, since it was early in the day and there was no rush to lunch. She did but the explanation makes no sense to me. So:

##vote izzhov

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Thanks Max :) and yeah, after izzhov goes down I'm in trouble based on the sentiment

Dude, I think part of why you are "in trouble based on the sentiment" is that you seem to have really quickly thrown in the towel and said well jeepers I guess I'm getting lynched - even though it's not like there are many votes on you. That's weird.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Drunk Nerds posted:

I think MMT meant "not voted on day 2" but I'm sure he can clear it up

(It's she.) And ok. My point is that she is still putting forward a really misleading summary of what I've done by making it look like I haven't voted.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Jimmy Hats posted:

Pleaaaaaase lynch kashuno before izzhov

Why?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Well, moot point now.