Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRXcpBIteEM&t=24s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack
je jouer

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

im gay

thats right, THE Jean-Pierre Gay, man-about-town

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

let's hope i don't gently caress up quite as badly in this game

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

Kashuno posted:

Also fyi I have chores on ignore so if he says anything work knowing please let me know. Thanks again yall

lol you use the ignore list

##vote Kashuno

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

dicks out for lindbergh

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

jesus christ this is moving fast. I'm having a hard time reading everything let alone contributing. I'm back on page 23.

##unvote even though kashuno's bragging about using the ignore list is dumb

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

zimbomonkey posted:

While CPig's is definitely a Not-A-Good-Vote™, and KBs was no effort, Izzhov at least provides some reasoning behind his vote.
It's D1. Hard to pick a target. I get that.

But then you have ZM's vote immediately afterwards.

What is this vote? What is 'enough' for him to satisfy this vote?
He's not agreeing with a case. He's not providing context.
It's.. nothing.

I'll tell you what it is though.
Lazy. Opportunistic. A pure out and out 'Me-2' vote.
The hallmarks of newbie scum player.

And you'll say to me, "Well maybe he's going along with the flow of the other votes to see what pops up Inf"
But then I refer you to the very next post he makes.
Does he add anything to the conversation?
Does he make a joke?

No.

His very next post* comes after Jimson makes a potential scumslip

(*=Feel free to look it up and confirm I'm not lying)

AGAIN.
Lazy. Opportunistic. A pure out and out 'Me-2' vote

No extrapolation of his though process.
No analysis of Jimson's posts up until that point to solidify his vote.

A few pages later, in which arguments revolve around Glowku for a bit, the conversation turns back to Jimson:

Finally we see some points getting made, however they're all incredibly flimsy and while I agree Jimson reads as non-town it's the manner in which ZM presents the arguement that raises my eyebrow further.

Noone is asking anything of ZM at this point, but he feels the need to defend his vote with "I voted accordingly"
It's weird phrasing in context, and something I definitely don't see in town-aligned player.

It's like he's responding to a question noones asked yet, which was to justify his vote on Jimson.

Eventually he unvotes because he groks Jimsons logic for some reason, but I feel the damage has been done at this point

Oh wow. You can't bring yourself to push a case now that your flimsy logic has fallen apart scumbo?
You can't find it in your heart of hearts?

:qq:

(There's your dickish town-inf for the evening)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

tl;dr My scumdar has pinging quite a few people thus far, but none stand out more than Zimbomonkey.

Lazy. Opportunistic. A pure out and out 'Me-2' style voter. Likening to hiding in the shadows behind half-arsed arguements.
The hallmarks of a lazy newbie scumbo.

##vote zimbomonkey

Well there's a hell of a lot to go through here so let's start at the top.

"That's enough for me" was meant to indicate that I did agree with the case that was made against you but I didn't really have anything to say that hadn't already been said better by other people. I could totally repeat everything in my own words but this isn't fourth grade social studies and I assumed it would be useless for everyone to read all the same poo poo again.

"No analysis of Jimson's posts" No I didn't, I thought scumslips were enough. Like I clarified I have never seen anything like that before and I may have overreacted to it.

"I voted accordingly"- That's just how I post when I'm being serious.

"Lazy" Because I've never played a 33 player game before and it moved faster than I thought? Because I was posting in between watching class lectures? Because I didn't feel the need to restate something three other people have said? Weekends are a bit tough for me which sucks but I make it work. Between voting for you and switching to jimson the biggest development was the "scumslip." That's what I saw, that's what I posted.

"Responding to a question no one's asked yet" You yell about me not justifying my vote on you then you decide to yell at me for justifying my vote on Jimson after yelling at me for NOT justifying my vote on Jimson.

"I can't bring myself to push a lynch on a guy that typed one word wrong during a tough day."- The operative part here was "tough day." I didn't want to pile on the guy if he genuinely had a lot of other poo poo going on. I get that, I do too.

-------

Inf, you're clearly politicking here. You haven't done a loving thing in this game other than responding to random posts by telling people they're on your scum list. And now your first BIG CASE in the game is against a person you perceive as a weak target because I'm new and I've made a few votes that are easily targetable. Then you add your little touchdown dance poo poo to try to seal the deal for people even though your case is shaky at best. Oh and that birthday stuff is impressive but it sure as hell doesn't make you any more likely to be town. Anyone looking at your posts carefully, especially this one, will see there's nothing towny about them. It says something that you were the biggest target in everyone's minds until Jimson's slip. If I've done anything wrong it's maybe succumbing to groupthink a little more than I should and not explaining myself to a great degree have but again, I'm not used to 33 player games but I'll learn in this game. I'm not going to pushed around by you because I'm new and I'm drat sure not gonna let you call me lazy when every post you've made before your case on me has had next to no content in it either. The difference is, judging by your reputation and apparent opinion of yourself, that you should no better. Let me ask you and everyone else reading this one question: If there was no case against me, who would we be talking about right now? Before the Jimson post you were the person everyone was suspecting was scum. It probably seemed like a great idea in your scum mind to try and make a quick turnaround from the Jimson case and pin it on a person you didn't think was able to defend himself.

Look at your post history. You post like a politician lying through his teeth. You repeat phrases over and over again- "Chill game" "Chill and honest game" "100% honest" "Just pure 100% truth." (seriously, look at his post history and see how desperately he tries to convince everyone he's SUPER DUPER HONEST just by saying it over and over again). During his case on me it was "Lazy. Opportunistic. A pure out and out 'Me-2' vote". Then after his case on me he does the same thing. "Let's talk about zimbo and how he's scum." "My birthday wish is for someone to dayvig zimbo." It's politics season in the US and I see a person telling the same lie over and over again hoping that it sticks in the group's consciousness. Later he even references his own theory as though it were an absolute fact ("known-scum Zimbo"). This may seem innocuous but it's how a lot of politicians in the US work- They tell a lie for long enough to get it into the public's minds, then they start treating it as a known fact. Then he keeps talking about how it's his birthday so maybe we will be nice to him and give him the benefit of the doubt.

To sum up, there's 4 things we can learn about inf in his posts:
1)He is super duper honest, 100% honest, absolutely honest
2)I am absolutely scum
3)It's his birthday today

MAFIA EDIT: After typing this all up, I refreshed the thread and see that he has moved his case away from me. What's wrong Infinitum? Wasn't sticking like you wanted it to? No, I guess we can add one thing to the list

4)It is important that you play the game absolutely right and if not you're scum (not just me, his recent interaction with CPIG shows that he's ready to cast serious aspersions on anyone he perceives is an easy target that plays the game differently from him. So much for being super chill, huh infinitum?

##vote infinitum
[/quote]

jesus christ dude, look at this loving post

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

that's what i get for trying to quote that loving monolithic text without previewing

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

##unvote

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

im going to assume for now that it was an accident, but that zimbo post was written in a way that quoting it changed the quoter's vote. hosed up imo

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

Captain Foo posted:

lol if it was anywhere close to a deadline or hammer i'd consider this but as it is lol @ u

yeah thats why i unvoted it immediately & also why it was probably an accident on zimbo's part too

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

I get why everyone was all "AHA WHAT DO YOU MEAN 'US' SCUM" re: Jimson but the sentence doesn't make any sense in that context either. His explanation that he was just tired and typed wrong makes more sense to me than it being some freudian slip.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

Infinitum posted:

Real talk.

Today's vote will likely end up being a lurker, unless scum does something extravagantly stupid.
Due to size of the game, we're probably looking at 4-5 different factions.

Somberbrero posted:

setup spec on day 1 is an easy way to pretend like you're actually playing the game. scum.

Somberbrero posted:

also 4-5 different factions???? what do you know that i don't?

I think this is more believable as a slip than Jim's. It's reasonable to assume there's multiple groups because of previous Shine games and the size of this one. But being as specific as Infinitum was here makes it sound like he knows something we don't.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

##vote infinitum because I think it's the best we've got to go on at the moment.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

how the gently caress is the number of unread pages going UP as i read, goddamn

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

dongsbot9000 posted:

like waking up to 800 new posts is not my ideal game because i basically can't engage with them at all hahahah

i'm tempted to just start voting whoever's at the top of the post list, ffs

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

Maybe it's just a side effect of having had to binge-marathon like nine pages of posts yesterday AND today, but i'm not totally clear on why everyone is completely off the infinitum/jimson train, & why admitted liars capitalist and got some chores are off the hook

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

So, Kashuno tracked Izzhov to Truth Quark, who got killed. I don't get where Jimson busdriving comes into this

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Just pointing out that Jimson didn't interfere with Kash's results.

so it's just off of what kashuno says? i deffo want to hear what izzhov has to say before voting then.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

Kashuno posted:

Jimson breadcrumbed bus driver earlier. I couldn't be 100% positive of my result on izzhov, despite feeling fairly confident yesterday and with that result I felt good. I voted her, and she kinda putzed around but had no way to really combat me on it. Jimson solved the chores stupidity, which cleared me of my worry about a possible bus drive on izzhov. Since I know what happened I am feeling very good about izzhov

ah ok

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

best play here is to clam up which is what's happening.

i mean, it's only been an hour and a half since kashuno's claim, and there are something like 450 posts since D2 started all of six hours ago

maybe i'm sympathetic because i just got done getting caught up with that loving monstrous wall of posts

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Would you say we shouldn't Lynch if the claim is doc and there must have been a juggernaut kill?

No.

If izzhov is a cop, why cop someone with whom izzhov largely agreed, and not someone of whom they were suspicious?

There is no claim that doesn't get izzhov lynched here.

Izzhov is scum caught. And if by some twist of night actions izzhov is town, it's horrible luck, but we still have to lynch. The highest likelihood is that izzhov did the night kill, and sitting in silence is what scum have decided is their best move.

there's two days left in D2 dude. i'm going to do what i want with my vote, and i want to hear an explanation.

there's absolutely nothing stopping us from discussing the second lynch; we just can't vote on it yet

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

I'm iffy on izzhov but I don't believe tobbs is town. He's being disjointed and sloppy, like he's grasping at anything that might divert attention from him.

i mean, look at this loving post:

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Seeing that he used the word isn't convincing. Full italicization without any other comment, plus the context of the response, makes it clear that he was quoting text from a source that he assumed was shared with TMM

TMM acknowledged the factuality of the information.

I'm sorry that you don't see this as a slam dunk, but if you look at the exchange, it was a colossal fuckup. It's unrecoverable. We may not lynch anyone because izzhov is never coming back to the thread, but Kash, TMM, and izzhov are caught scum.

so kashuno is convinced there's multiple scum factions, and italicizes for emphasis. tmm agrees it's very likely that scum are hunting scum earnestly. the supposed slam dunk is that tobbs thinks the post kashuno italicized was copy/pasted from out-of-thread communication from Podima.

except, uh, where's the modkill if Kashuno quoted Podima directly? you know, like Podima just proved he was willing to do at the end of D1?

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

If someone's means of killing is some kind of supernatural disapparition, that would fit flavor-wise with them being a juggernaut. Jails and doctors don't help if the malicious actor can just disappear someone.

Right now, though, I'm inclined to think our best move is to lynch Izzhov and Tobbs. The reason's to doubt Izzhov's scumminess do seem slim. Tobbs' panic freakout over someone thinking there's multiple scum factions in a game with 33 people in a setting where every game up until now has involved multiple factions and where three people got nightkilled with three different flavors of death.... it just sounds like a scummy meltdown.

My votes are Izzhov and Tobbs. I need to log off for the night, and Izzhov is much closer at the moment, so

##vote Izzhov

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Besides, he's dead. Other scum team will kill him if he's scum, and other bosses will submit him. Wasted lynch.

"Submit him?" what?

King Burgundy posted:

The "bosses" will I assume absolutely submit his name, but if the mechanics are the same, the killer chooses one of the names from the list. And the killer joins the faction of the last boss standing. So depending on which faction the killer wants to be a part of we are leaving it up to him if we do nothing. If we want him to be a town vig, we need to make sure the non town versions are gotten rid of.

yall seem pretty sure of how a scum mechanic works when we're not even sure it exists or how it's implemented

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

Drunk Nerds posted:

Read all of this. I think it's a fair case

I did too, and do also.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

We potentially have a highly actionable roleclaim here that I want more out of:

got some chores tonight posted:

ring ring its me im cop tobbs scum

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Wrong. You're a rolecop remember lol

id copy paste your role pm but you know

I'd probably be willing to vote tobbs and stick with it if chores is willing to commit and post tobbs' role and bet his life he's right. Tobbs has been erratic and scummy all throughout D2, and while some people just claim that's him, I'm still uneasy about it. A rolecop willing to put their rear end on the line would be enough to put me in favor of lynching Tobbs. It doesn't really clear Chores per se, due to the possibility of multiple scum teams. But even if chores is scum, he seems convinced by his rolecop that Tobbs is scum, and if Tobbs is, that makes lynching him worthwhile regardless of if chores is scum.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Chores used his action on Infinitum.

Pay attention?

Well gently caress me for letting the details get muddy across 4000+ posts.

I found this:

oh yeah its actually because i can use shine to be a follower cuz im some dude with a big watchamacallit like the pirate's eyeglass thing cant remember what thats called is it just eyeglass? too lazy to check my role pm wait i remember!! its a spyglass oh and kashuno used ##freeze as a night action last night 👌

this 1s real actually mostly

Did we later determine that chores' action got bussed?

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Infinitum is scum for having OOT knowledge of scum teams.

I'm scum for suggesting Kash and TMM are scum for having OOT knowledge of scum teams.

Lol

Nope:

Infinitum's out-of-the-blue specificity about the number of teams sounded really weird.

You went panic mode after some small amount of suspicion went your way, and tried to say that people thinking there's more than one scum alignment is a slam-dunk case against them. This sounded like flailing at anything to divert attention from you.

I stand by both of those reads as reasonable.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Also yes, by Jimson.

alright well forget everything i said about chores' stupid fake cop claim against you then, gently caress

to chores: smdyf

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

People keep saying that, but given that people were voting me/casing me for making a case on Kashuno and TMM, I don't really see how I was diverting attention away from myself.

Regardless, it didn't stick, but you and Somber cased/voted Infinitum for setup spec D1, but have zero suspicion of Kashuno declaring that he's certain there are Multiple non-town factions hunting each other.

It doesn't mean Kash is scum, in fact, ##unvote

What I don't like is how a weak statement by Infinitum makes him scum and a much stronger statement by Kash gets overlooked.

From here, it just looks like Somber wants to kill a jailor, and is going to tunnel on his weak case until he gets it done. I didn't like it D1, and I like it even less now that his role is confirmed.

hey buddy, let's take a look at that post of mine you quoted, the earlier one, where I'm apparently "casing/voting Infinitum for setup spec D1"

OMGVBFLOL posted:

I think this is more believable as a slip than Jim's. It's reasonable to assume there's multiple groups because of previous Shine games and the size of this one. But being as specific as Infinitum was here makes it sound like he knows something we don't.

oh, what's that?

OMGVBFLOL posted:

OMGVBFLOL posted:

It's reasonable to assume there's multiple groups because of previous Shine games and the size of this one.

I wasn't being inconsistent you dingus.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

Kashuno apparently having had no doubt at all that there's multiple groups does seem a little weird. But right after a triple nightkill with different flavor for each kill, "more than one scum group" is even more of a reasonable assumption than it was on D1. It's so reasonable an assumption that I don't think we'd be able to tell the difference between kash assuming it and kash knowing it.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

I need to go to work for the night. We've got like 46 hours left to figure the second lynch, so I'm not in a hurry. I'm going to continue to abstain from the vote for now.

Also I feel deeply sorry for Atomic Soda, having to read this whole shitpile from the beginning.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

well that was like 150 absolutely worthless posts, glad i spent my lunch break catching up on the thread

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

Kashuno posted:

Morning friends 300 posts to catch up on so I will just quote the ones I don't like

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

...wouldnt you be like "heck yea there are so many posts therell definitely be a scum i can prolly make a p deec case on one of these posters w/ so many posts"...

yeah, thats how it feels before, when you start to get caught up

Mayor Glowku posted:

Holy poo poo that was a lot of useless garbage back and forth to catch up on.
Everyone is scum, ima kms

and thats how it feels after

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

Captain Foo posted:

three slightly different explanations for why infini should not have been lynched for his non-town-helping claim of jailer without ever actually saying he thinks infi isn't scum, also more 'if i were scum' nonsense

this seems to make sense as a read

Max posted:

Yo for real though, can I get a sanity check. Are people OK with Captain Foo just quoting my responses with dumb smilies and single word responses and saying I'm somehow freaking out?

this sounds like diverting.

Captain Foo posted:

yeah your big reason for not voting him so far has been 'scum wouldn't claim jailor' which isn't a good defense

foo sticks to his guns fine and Max complains about the taunting without addressing Foo's read

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

Infinitum posted:

Your Scum game is extremely weak and transparent, and I cannot wait for you to be lynched today.

Somberbrero posted:

you are incapable of making a case against me that doesn't immediately fold to the slightest bit of scrutiny. if you're actually town somehow you are the worst mafia player i have ever seen.

i spent a long rear end time building good arguments and your response to contradict yourself in a five bulletpoint response followed by 'read his post history.'

i'd bet dollars you can't even pretend to have read my max case.

Infinitum posted:

You and me mate. Let's go.
All cards on the table because I'm sick of this bullshit mud flinging match we've had going on that's making GBS threads up the thread.

Someone thunder-fuckin-dome us already

Somberbrero posted:

well i've cased you and i've voted you so

uh

okay?

this sounds like infinitum is rattled and has no real retort
it's alignment-neutral for somberbrero

it doesn't seem to be too popular an idea, but thunderdoming these two isn't bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

lol you edited this post

• Locked thread