Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer

Fritzler posted:

Change your language to Chinese for three free packs!

Thanks for the heads up, got Vania from one of mine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Tortolia posted:

Thanks for the heads up, got Vania from one of mine.
I’m glad! I didn’t get a single gold.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
They're giving out 50 card pack tickets between june 10 and 26th, so log in then!

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
and don't forget to vote for bladed hedgehog in the leader poll

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

When the mini-expansion dropped, I had around 30 DBNE packs and 10,000 rupees banked, so I went ahead and opened a lot of packs. I was doing really poorly against the averages until this pack showed up:

Other highlights include the 3rd Waltz coming three packs later, getting an animated Chromatic Duel, getting playsets of Storied Falconer and Raven, and opening the Dragoncraft legendary, crafting two more, then opening another one today. I also opened other fun things like my first Hinterland Ghoul, a second Sky Fortress (so now I have no reason not to craft mid sword or Support Cannon sword), a second Jerva, a second Darkfeast Bat, and the Aria leader so I can finally ditch Arisa. At this point the only thing I'm sad I didn't open is Arcus and Lord Deathskull.

As far as playing in Rotation goes now, Waltz is a big beautiful man and has made Vengeance Blood feel pretty ok to play again. Storied Falconer is great in aggro/tempo Forest builds, and I've also played around with the Axeman legendary which just kinda feels alright but too slow. Filene is amazing and basically a 3 of in any Dragon deck now.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I dunno if facing dragon four times in this GP was just weird luck or if that's what rotation is now but if it's real I cannot recommend playing Giant Chimera highly enough. Dragon is practically a free win.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

cheetah7071 posted:

I dunno if facing dragon four times in this GP was just weird luck or if that's what rotation is now but if it's real I cannot recommend playing Giant Chimera highly enough. Dragon is practically a free win.

Just play aggro forest, then both dragon and giant chimera are free wins, I just went 5-0 for the second day in a row with it.

The game is somewhat fun now, shame nobody cares about it anymore in the west.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I'm definitely looking forward to the next expansion. I just hope western sales keep up with localization costs at least.

The mini expansion was extremely goofy and I hope they don't repeat it

Irisize
Sep 30, 2014

The idea seemed cool, at least. The lack of balance changes because they were hoping the mini expansion would fix things, not so much.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Irisize posted:

The idea seemed cool, at least. The lack of balance changes because they were hoping the mini expansion would fix things, not so much.

It was basically just an excuse to add an extra legendary for each class. Nothing more, nothing less. At least we did get some cards that are pretty drat useful out of it but we could have achieved pretty much the same effect by releasing everything in a single set and then doing nerfs or buffs to "shake the meta".

In any case, the new 1/3 birdkeeper dude from forest is really loving good and I just got into the final round of the current event on my first try with aggro forest. Only managed it thanks to one GM blood dude getting greedy and using bane Vania instead of leech Vania against me, specially since that match should favor vengeance blood in the long run.

Also, the swordcraft players are getting really loving careless/cocky, who the gently caress drops a cannon when forest has four dudes on the board? Swordcraft players do!

So yeah, play aggro forest. It's cheap, good, and non-mindless. Plenty of decisions about what to evolve, when to go face, fairy management, and so on.

Akoogly Eyes
Apr 27, 2010

cheesy anime pizza undresses you with pepperoni eyes
Heads up, Cygames is giving out a :siren: free legendary card pack ticket :siren: to celebrate the second anniversary of the game. You can log in and claim your ticket from the crate and you're guaranteed one legendary card from the pack. I got a fourth copy of Ceryneian Hind from mine.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i got an ouro. already have 1 and hes never more than a 1 of now so i guess i got vials.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
Nice. I've already gotten 4 legendaries from the free pack bonanza (Carabosse, Beauty and the Beast, and two Dark Jeanne), I'll happily take more.

Edit: Sure, I'll take Belphegor.

Tortolia fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Jun 17, 2018

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
The cube GP is up

I faced sword four times out of five, piloting sword myself. I guess it's popular

I cruised to an effortless 4-1, mostly on the back of Mars+tokens

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
If the Cags leader is tied to getting her card I'm going to be very cross

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

"That's going in the cringe reel for sure."

kirbysuperstar posted:

If the Cags leader is tied to getting her card I'm going to be very cross

Cags? If it's the granblue promotion that's going to drop when brigade does, it's supposedly "buy them". If it's a leader card, you have to .03% pull the card.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Hey, this take-2 tournament is actually fun. The ridiculous rate of legendaries (I had a portal deck with around 12 legendaries, including 3 rhinos) makes for really dumb games.

As usual, you want to pick cards that give you good value by themselves or ones that have some immediate impact on the field. Which means that swordcraft, the class that is supposed to be about synergies among cards but that actually doesn't give much of a poo poo about them, is the among the best. Shadow and Blood seem pretty good too. After my ridiculous portal deck (which sucked a lot) I managed to easily get into group A with a shadow one. Apparently having multiples Aishas and Eachtars is pretty good.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Jun 19, 2018

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I'm pretty confident this format was inspired by so-called cube drafts in mtg, which have the same principle of doing limited with hand-picked cards rather than just using an expansion. Usually the hand-picked cards are the most powerful ones, as in this case. It's been by far the best way to play magic for at least a decade now and I wouldn't be surprised if once the dust settles I consider this the best way to play Shadowverse

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I had a really bad time. First game was against a grandmaster shadowcraft player who had eachtar, bahamut, and minthe into deathly tyrant. It has the same issue of all of these ultra high-powered take 2 drafts (dialed up even harder), your trades don't matter because there are cards that go three for one, wipe your whole board, or do 13 face damage.

I'm guessing how you feel about this format will largely be a function of how well your draft does. Why was I offered phoenix roost 3 times in the "curated" format? Why is bahamut in this? These cards weren't selected for fun board play.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

No Wave posted:

I had a really bad time. First game was against a grandmaster shadowcraft player who had eachtar, bahamut, and minthe into deathly tyrant. It has the same issue of all of these ultra high-powered take 2 drafts (dialed up even harder), your trades don't matter because there are cards that go three for one, wipe your whole board, or do 13 face damage.

I'm guessing how you feel about this format will largely be a function of how well your draft does. Why was I offered phoenix roost 3 times in the "curated" format? Why is bahamut in this? These cards weren't selected for fun board play.

The cards were apparently selected for maximum impact/bullshittery. Which is why phoenix roost and bahamut are there. Like, every swordcraft player is suspiciously saving an evolve point for turn 9, I wonder why? Similarly, Aisha (or your minthe/tyrant example) will rock your face 100% of the time on turn 10.

If they manage to find the proper bullshit-to-fair balance it could be a pretty fun game mode.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I saved my evolve points not because I had albert but because I usually find that the last player with an evolve left in take two wins

Also I wanted to play Mars and Floral Fencer in the same turn

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

"That's going in the cringe reel for sure."

https://www.reddit.com/r/Granblue_en/comments/8rvgos/brigade_of_the_sky_official_giveaway_event/

Apparently if we get 1.5mil followers combined on the Granblue and SV twitters, we get a seers orb. Pass the news around or something.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Well, managed to get into the GP finals with a janky-as-hell bloodcraft deck and had my most intense final game ever (at 1-3).

Somehow I managed to stay at 9 hp during the whole game (healed a total of 15 health) against a dragon with pretty much all the answers who was obviously trying to set-up some storm bullshit. In the end I had to YOLO it with spawn...

Being at 9 life is good!

I guess I could have gotten in much more easily if I had been offered sword once but no luck, I guess. gently caress, there was a Barbarossa that soloed my whole dragon deck in one match.

e: Goddamn! That Legendary Fighter card!

trucutru fucked around with this message at 09:58 on Jun 25, 2018

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Mini expansions are here to stay, I guess

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
They have to print extra legendaries to keep those whales paying

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

I think I'm gonna step back on my daily playing of this. It's feeling less like fun and more like work, and these mini expansions adding more necessary legendaries for high level play is a pain.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Freeing yourself from the skinner boxes of games you aren't enjoying very more is a very important skill to have

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

The other consideration is that Octopath Traveler is soon and I want to have time to play that, so cutting SV despite the large sunk cost of time is the choice to make.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I'm surprised you aren't playing Nintendo's new fighting game, mario tennis aces

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

i really dont want them to revert sybil

and they certainly should never revert goblin mage

Wonder which other ones they're considering - zell? Piercing rune? (pls dear god no) Queen? Nothing from WD I hope.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I suspect that eventually the game will get to the point that original Alice will be safe in unlimited but I don't think today is that day

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Tove will never be safe

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Girtabilu makes control blood playable again!!!!

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

80ish packs were pretty kind to me: Legendary Fighter in the very first pack, 1 Vira, 1 Lococo, 1 Godhunter Selwyn, 1 Arulumaya, 1 De La Fille, 2 Adramalech, and in my last two packs I majorly lucked out with animated Korwa, then Ferry plus Spinaria in the last one.

De La Fille is feeling pretty good in Tenko Shrine Haven so far. She forces the Aethers out, but she was pretty expendable now that Aegis is out of rotation so no big loss there. I teched in a second Taurus and a single Themis's Purge but I haven't drawn the latter to see if it does anything for me yet.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Haha, this expansion sucks balls.

Wanna play followers? And have them do something? GET hosed!

last 10 games.

tenko, tenko, lindworm, tenko, lindworm, lindworm, tenko, chimera, tenko, lindworm, chimera

Gameplay: remove your poo poo, win.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 06:37 on Jun 29, 2018

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
spellboost is good so I'm happy

Tenko could probably use a nerf but maybe the meta will adjust

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I mean, I could run aggro forest and wreck their asses but... isn't this like the third expansion in a row where forest is reduced to that?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
You could pay combo forest in unlimited

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Incidentally, spellboost is like 80% to win in the day three masters meta because everyone else is forcing ramp dragon

• Locked thread