Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Nobody outrules the Marquise de Cat!
I'm trying to reroll on Leapdroid but neither clearing the cache nor looking for the directory in the OP works. My Data folder, starting from the root, is empty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Terper posted:

I love being new to a card game and coming across super weird cards. Managed to clinch out a tough Take Two game with 2 HP left, and on the last turn my opponent played Alexander. Why would you even need to attack that many times?!

It seems like it's meant to help you clear the board, especially against stuff like Shadowverse which drops skeletons and zombies when followers die.

Or if you summon Alexander and then Athena next turn, you could wipe out the other team's board while Alexander remains untouched.

I think Alexander wasn't supposed to have a limit to his attacks, but Alexander + Athena vs Mordecai becomes an infinite loop as a result, so presumably the 14 was tacked on to curb that.

Not really sure why it's exactly 14 though, and not 15, since that's how many times Alexander would have to attack in the extremely theoretical scenario that he goes up against a mixtures of Bone Chimeras + Undead King.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
it's 14 because the first bone chimera you kill can only spawn one thing.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

So this is gonna sound dumb probably but how the hell do I read what my cards actually do? All I get is animu and numbers and then I play a guy and it's all "surprise, you should have played this at a different time"

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
Did you play the tutorial?

That aside, the UI is a lot like hearthstone's, as are the core rules.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

I did play the tutorial. I figured out they tuck away all the text behind a click but the tutorial didn't say a thing about that, as far as I saw.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Terper posted:

I love being new to a card game and coming across super weird cards. Managed to clinch out a tough Take Two game with 2 HP left, and on the last turn my opponent played Alexander. Why would you even need to attack that many times?!

There's that Bone Chimera, that splits into two skeletons on death (and there may be other cards that do similar things?).
If you manage to get the whole board full of them (Probably with some Urd / Ceridwen / Resurrection shenanigans), then 14 is the exact number of attacks needed to clear the board: the 5 starting units, and 9 skeletons, because the first kill can only spawn one skeleton.

e: too slow, ZepiaEltnamOberon already got it. Yeah, Undead King would work as well

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

El Generico posted:

I'm trying to reroll on Leapdroid but neither clearing the cache nor looking for the directory in the OP works. My Data folder, starting from the root, is empty.

click on the circle thing on the menu, go to the settings app, then apps, then shadowverse then its like clear app data or something

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Zoness posted:

it's 14 because the first bone chimera you kill can only spawn one thing.

Oh right. Brain fart.

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.

El Generico posted:

Download Root Browser on Leapdroid

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
I got another Sun Oracle Pascale, so I guess fate really wants me to make that deck.

Also I think like half of my class legendaries have been for Runecraft.

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

So I know I posted a reroll and you said it was good but I might have rerolled and not saved that account like a huge dumbass and so here I am with another 'is good please?" post

Tsubaki, Pluto, Dark Angel Olivia, Lucifer, Jeanne D'Arc, Prince of Darkness

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

No

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

Nehru the Damaja posted:

So this is gonna sound dumb probably but how the hell do I read what my cards actually do? All I get is animu and numbers and then I play a guy and it's all "surprise, you should have played this at a different time"

Click on your hand to "bring it up" and then click a card..

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

I've gotten so many Olivia, Tia, Merlin, Pascale and Al-mi'raj rerolling for a bit now, all I want to play is Shadow, Blood and maybe Sword, give me a break game christ.

Next reroll, two legendary, my lowest roll yet, Alexander and Dragonsong Flute. :effort:

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Oct 30, 2016

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

Is there a list of cards that are so garbage I can justify liquefying them immediately? I need 3600 vials to round out the banner deck. I did just pull a Skullfane which seems not so exciting.

Pancakius
Sep 2, 2011
Been stuck in reroll hell for the last 5 hours and somehow this is the best thing that came up:

Ancient Elf
Crystalia Tia
Forte
Soul Dealer (animated)
Alexander (animated)

Is it viable to liquefy the animated ones and buy an actual top tier legend so I can actually start playing the game?

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

I THINK this is a pretty good get? Most Legendaries I've gotten so far anyway
Soul Dealer, Lord of The Flies, Odin, Dark Angel Olivia, Queen Vampire, Skullfane, Alexander

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
That's not a horrible start honestly. It's not great but it's keepable

E: that was to the guy with two animated cars

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
if you want to play sword you really don't need to worry about having sword's legendaries

the aggro/midrange sword lists don't really rely on (sword) legendaries, the legendary that does the most work in my sword list is gabriel

Zoness fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Oct 30, 2016

Pancakius
Sep 2, 2011

Reiterpallasch posted:

That's not a horrible start honestly. It's not great but it's keepable

E: that was to the guy with two animated cars

So something like buying another copy of Tia/Ancient and start building a forest deck?

milward
Nov 5, 2009

I got a bunch of legendaries but they are spread out, what deck can I aim towards with these legendaries?

Soul Dealer
Alexander
Pluto x2
Dark Angel Olivia
Lucifer x2
Zirnitra
Enstatued Seraph

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Tsurupettan posted:

Is there a list of cards that are so garbage I can justify liquefying them immediately? I need 3600 vials to round out the banner deck. I did just pull a Skullfane which seems not so exciting.

yeah im kind of tempted to trash one of my starting legendaries for vials. thinking maybe odin

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Awesome! posted:

yeah im kind of tempted to trash one of my starting legendaries for vials. thinking maybe odin

why would you trash the one that's most likely to be useful in any deck

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
like if anything i would probably trash lord of the flies because control shadow takes a lot to set up

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i havent seen odin in any deck lists ive looked at so far so i didnt think he was used very much

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe

Pancakius posted:

So something like buying another copy of Tia/Ancient and start building a forest deck?

Honestly, the game punishes you for going all in early on a single expensive deck, with endless WIN FIVE GAMES AS RUNECRAFT dailies. I'd advise people to start by building a cheapo banner sword list (use sage commander instead of awilda's command), do the elite practice AIs, open the packs from that, and see where they stand.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Awesome! posted:

i havent seen odin in any deck lists ive looked at so far so i didnt think he was used very much

well it's really impractical to just fill out lists with vials while you're doing quests and odin can fill into any deck you're trying to do a quest with, so odin is quite useful.

the non-budget lists are all optimized and assume you have like infinite vials, neutral legendaries help you bridge the gap between a budget list and a non-budget list

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

makes sense, thanks

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

milward posted:

I got a bunch of legendaries but they are spread out, what deck can I aim towards with these legendaries?

Soul Dealer
Alexander
Pluto x2
Dark Angel Olivia
Lucifer x2
Zirnitra
Enstatued Seraph

One of the best Haven decks requires Olivia, Odin (exchangeable for Enstatued), and three Lucifers, so you're like one or two legendaries away from having all the actual expensive cards

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your banners ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

Zoness posted:

like if anything i would probably trash lord of the flies because control shadow takes a lot to set up

Don't liquefy lord of flies, liquefy your skullfane if you need the vials

Awesome! posted:

Odin is a tech card, you add him to your deck when you need him

Pancakius posted:

Been stuck in reroll hell for the last 5 hours and somehow this is the best thing that came up:

Ancient Elf
Crystalia Tia
Forte
Soul Dealer (animated)
Alexander (animated)

Is it viable to liquefy the animated ones and buy an actual top tier legend so I can actually start playing the game?

Thats okay to start if you want to play but don't spend your vials on randomly buying a legendary. The 3500 vials for crafting a legendary is better spend as a newbie crafting the golds you need

Vanilla Mint Ice fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Oct 30, 2016

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Vanilla Mint Ice posted:

Don't liquefy lord of flies, liquefy your skullfane if you need the vials
current list is
3x crystalia tia
1x dark angel olivia
1x lord of flies
1x odin
1x otohime

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

Just leave it alone then, there's no reason to liquefy any of them

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

What are some not-very-demanding decks to start building toward? I completed the solo campaigns and a couple multiplayer missions including a Take Two. Legend haul at this point is: Sun Oracle Pascale, Queen Vampire, Erasmus (animated!), Dark Angel Olivia, and Mythril Golem, all one-ofs. I enjoyed pretty much all the archetypes, though I admit shadow was tons of fun when I had Spirit Cycle cranking away and pretty boring when it wasn't.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

either I am bad, or I am using the wrong deck against her (or both), but god drat the elite AI is hard in this game. I lost five times to Erika with a budget banner deck (everything but the awilda's) before giving up.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?
Elite Erika was the hardest AI for me, aggro as gently caress son.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
sword and dragon have pretty budget friendly lists

aggro blood is also pretty budget friendly.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!
I personally wouldn't liquefy any cards. Sure, Skullfane is terrible right now, but the next expansion might change that. The same applies to pretty much any card, and Cygames seems way more willing to make balance changes than Blizzard.

People seem to be really underestimating how generous the game is with rupies, vials and tickets. I didn't know about rerolling when I started playing, and the only legendaries I got a couple of months ago was an Aurelia, a Cerberus and a Satan. Since then, just completing the single-player content, going through my Take Two tickets and doing my dailies, I unpacked several legendaries and golds and gotten enough of a foundation to build multiple meta decks, (Some of which were phased out in this expansion, sadly.) as well as enough vials to craft upwards of 8 legendaries.

And this is without liquefying anything other than spares, and keeping animated cards. Going OCD over a ~*Perfect Roll*~ is really silly. By all means, do a few rerolls if you want, but stuff like rerolling until you get 3 Ancient Elves and 3 Tias is overdoing it. You might not even like playing Forest after you craft that deck, regardless of its win rate at Master.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
For dealing with AI Erika, consider teching-- you usually won't get good mileage out of Ruthless Assassin, but wards and Angelic Barrage do well against her.

• Locked thread